[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
PricyYak4698381 написал:
"
Bogdanovici1 написал:
I kill A9 easy with this build and still in cheap gear :)

Your items look similar to mine. But how?

Got skill? :)
"
Quintessence написал:
What is the vortex slinger I hear some people talk about?

Very personal take: It's crap.

If you want better clear use:
cyclone - cwc - gmp - frostbolt

The clear is better than vortexslinger, but you need a scepter to spin.

you can use one or two frozen trails instead of gmp. That opens a link. Flamewall is fun, culling strike probably nice, brutality helps for ee but only with divergent frostbolt.

You can use elder fortify boots or even the stampede for more fun.

Without Fortify boots, fortify support is my fav 4th link, followed by flamewall. As annoint for the stampede I usually go with Growth and Decay.

I mean the point of vortex is that you never stop, and with cold slinger you stop all the time to attack with your punny wand.
Последняя редакция: roselan. Время: 3 марта 2021 г., 3:59:52
"
donbrawler написал:
"
Arkannn написал:
"
AikoTanaka написал:
So when doing this as low life...

Why recommend gloves/boots with aspect of the spider? How do I fit this in with the Mana reservations?

With two Blasphemy and Discipline on mana and the nodes taken on the tree for reservation in PoB there is not enough to run Aspect of the spider as well.. How do you make this work while still taking Transcendence as your anoint?

I am confusion

I think the ones who do this only use Vaal Discipline and not the discipline aura. Also you could just use one curse (frostbite) to activate discipline.

As I said some pages earlier, I highly recommend curse on hit rings with double influence so you also get the % increased ES crusader mod. That's expensive but it's so good.
I can run discipline, clarity, vitality, aspect of the spider, hatred, zealotry, malevolence and flesh and stone. And I still have frostbite and ele weakness curses with my rings and I don't even need to cast them manually...

Curse on hits rings have some drawbacks especially if your Low life. So unless you can get around 5 mil dps with them I wouldn't recommend curse on hit actually.

1. A T1 curse on hit is only level 14. Your loosing 30-40% damage compared to a lvl 21 curse.

2. You can't scale the level of the curse with +1 to int and spells

If you use blasphemy, I agree. you loose around 30% dps from curses, but you reserve a huge amount of mana for only 30% effects of curse... I really think there's a better use of your mana. I'd rather have 3 more auras even if it means a bit less dps.

If you don't use blasphemy, it means that you need to self cast. So you won't have them 100% up. It might be more dps on POB yes but not when you actually play. I'm pretty sure you don't use curses for mapping anymore. And for bosses, you might lose a bit of dps but you already need to keep moving, dodge, dash (to gain arcane surge), cold snap, have at least 3 vortex active... I'd rather not have to think about self casting my curses..
And also you block 4 sockets on your gear for 2 curses...

But hey, there is enough variant for this build so everyone can find the one he likes better.
removed

Последняя редакция: donbrawler. Время: 3 марта 2021 г., 8:08:13
"
donbrawler написал:
"
Arkannn написал:

If you use blasphemy, I agree. you loose around 30% dps from curses, but you reserve a huge amount of mana for only 30% effects of curse... I really think there's a better use of your mana. I'd rather have 3 more auras even if it means a bit less dps.

If you don't use blasphemy, it means that you need to self cast. So you won't have them 100% up. It might be more dps on POB yes but not when you actually play. I'm pretty sure you don't use curses for mapping anymore. And for bosses, you might lose a bit of dps but you already need to keep moving, dodge, dash (to gain arcane surge), cold snap, have at least 3 vortex active... I'd rather not have to think about self casting my curses..
And also you block 4 sockets on your gear for 2 curses...

But hey, there is enough variant for this build so everyone can find the one he likes better.

Blocking 4 sockets?

1. Blasphemy uses 3 sockets. So I am only sacrificing one socket.

2. Curse on hit is just dumb when Mark of Shaper/Elder add so much dmg. Why do you think Shak doesn't recommend curse on hit rings in his POB setup?

3. Also I do self cast in maps usually. Storm Brand has a 5 second cooldown and I can cast a Storm Brand three times so it can be on any three locations on the map. Hardly any downtime.

4. This is your first Occultist and you keep acting like you know so much about this build.

If you had more EHP than me I would let that comment slide.

[Removed by Support]

1. I compared your self cast curses to my 2 curse on hit rings so yeah you're blocking 4 sockets. Of course you can compare to blasphemy setup but that was not the point.
2. I got 12M DPS without +4 shavs, without dot multi watcher's eye, and with curse on hit rings... why would I need mark of the shaper. Think before writing dude.
3. If you still need to self cast curse on map, its pretty dumb. I don't even use flasks in maps cause I got phasing and onslaught from my abyss jewel. Just pure QoL but the only things that matter to you are your POB stats and your rank in poe ninja.
4. So how many occultists I need to level up before getting to know the build ? probably the most stupid comment I saw on this thread..
Последняя редакция: JC_GGG. Время: 3 марта 2021 г., 6:14:35
Sorry Support Team :)
Последняя редакция: donbrawler. Время: 3 марта 2021 г., 6:25:44
Personally I use both. I always keep this baby in my inventory

I use it in my frostbolt setup, and use

In my bossing setup. Note that I don't bother to unspec whispers of doom when mapping with frostbolt, using only one curse even when my max is 2.

One of the main strength of Vortex is that it's very flexible, it opens LOTS of different builds and allow you to customize with your own sauce.

looking for crafting suggestions for this helmet
that will not entail spending the rest of the league on tft ;)

doing rm attack - aug cold - aug cold will give me chance to freeze and -9% resistance to cold but that still an 8% drop in DPS over my rime gaze according to POB, for a small increase in ES and one big ele res. Any other suggestions on how to make the best of this?

Thanks for the help
"
BigJules написал:
looking for crafting suggestions for this helmet
that will not entail spending the rest of the league on tft ;)

doing rm attack - aug cold - aug cold will give me chance to freeze and -9% resistance to cold but that still an 8% drop in DPS over my rime gaze according to POB, for a small increase in ES and one big ele res. Any other suggestions on how to make the best of this?

Thanks for the help

if the stun and block recovery is the hybrid prefix, just aug cold twice for guaranted freeze chance and -9 to cold.

If it's the suffix version, aug cold and pray you hit the 10% chance to -9. Or just bench craft some resist and be done with it.

edit: oh wait I didn't see the accuracy, which means you have at lest an open suffix. Imo it's not worth to aug it so I would simply bench craft something on it.
Последняя редакция: roselan. Время: 3 марта 2021 г., 7:56:00
I switch for mark of the shaper, and elder ring. Sadly i need to change boots, from sin trek for some boots with res, strenght and %ES.... end my ES now is 6.8k... it looks like a joke, but i dont know how to rise ES more, not spending 100ex + :/ can u help me somehow. Thanks

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация