Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

Hey, so I'm planning to leaguestart this build for 3.18 and when preparing for it I threw together a leveling PoB with the passive trees and skill links sorted by acts, and also copied the leveling part of the guide into the notes. I just find it more convinient to have everything in a PoB rather than constantly going over the forum guide. Thought I'd share it here https://pastebin.com/jFxZvumJ if anyone wants to use it. If anyone does decide to use it then keep in mind that in the mapping setup I took out Skitterbots and instead use Determination, Defiance Banner and Tempest Shield, swapped Flesh Offering for Bone Offerign and also use Molten Shell in an Unset Ring to be put on the left bouse button to autocast, so the PoB is not completely accurate to the guide.
"
Kalola написал:
Hey, so I'm planning to leaguestart this build for 3.18 and when preparing for it I threw together a leveling PoB with the passive trees and skill links sorted by acts, and also copied the leveling part of the guide into the notes.

Awesome thank you, have never tried AW so this is handy for some pre-3.18 testing cheers!
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
Is there a reason for us to ever take Elemental Equilibrium anymore since it's near the dex side of the tree now?

As a follow up to that question, is added lightning damage or added cold damage better for leveling up? We are already going to be using added cold damage in the build later, but the guide recommends taking added lightning damage.
"
Kalola написал:
Hey, so I'm planning to leaguestart this build for 3.18 and when preparing for it I threw together a leveling PoB with the passive trees and skill links sorted by acts, and also copied the leveling part of the guide into the notes. I just find it more convinient to have everything in a PoB rather than constantly going over the forum guide. Thought I'd share it here https://pastebin.com/jFxZvumJ if anyone wants to use it. If anyone does decide to use it then keep in mind that in the mapping setup I took out Skitterbots and instead use Determination, Defiance Banner and Tempest Shield, swapped Flesh Offering for Bone Offerign and also use Molten Shell in an Unset Ring to be put on the left bouse button to autocast, so the PoB is not completely accurate to the guide.

Thanks for going through the trouble. Your build idea reflects my rough plans, so you've saved me a bit of hassle. It's much appreciated.
Sorry for a noob question, but i'm looking through the build in POB and i noticed that animate weapon gem has 6 linked support gems, which makes it 7 total. How is that possible?
"
Sennek написал:
Sorry for a noob question, but i'm looking through the build in POB and i noticed that animate weapon gem has 6 linked support gems, which makes it 7 total. How is that possible?

There should only be 5 supports enabled at one time, but you swap in Multistrike for Melee Splash when fighting hard single-target bosses
"
ThanatoZGaming написал:
"
Sennek написал:

There should only be 5 supports enabled at one time, but you swap in Multistrike for Melee Splash when fighting hard single-target bosses

Ah, so that's the case. Thank you for the explanation, i thought i was missing something.

Another quick question - what's the purpose of specters? I just started the league, so i don't have much money and i'm missing half of the gear, so i'm slowly integrating the build in my current char. I'm currently using animated weapons + skeletons, and i thought of switching skeletons with specters, but no matter what i do, POB doesn't show any increase in damage after i start using specters. They don't even manage to make up for the lost dps that was being done by skeletons.
"
Sennek написал:
"
ThanatoZGaming написал:
"
Sennek написал:

Ah, so that's the case. Thank you for the explanation, i thought i was missing something.

Another quick question - what's the purpose of specters? I just started the league, so i don't have much money and i'm missing half of the gear, so i'm slowly integrating the build in my current char. I'm currently using animated weapons + skeletons, and i thought of switching skeletons with specters, but no matter what i do, POB doesn't show any increase in damage after i start using specters. They don't even manage to make up for the lost dps that was being done by skeletons.

The Specters are used to summon Carnage Chieftain and Stygian Silverback (monkey shamans, which can both be found by casting Desecrate in A6 riverways). They will cast power charge and frenzy charge buffs for your minions, which increases damage massively. Where that shows up in POB is from the "minions use power/frenzy charges" checkbox.
"
ThanatoZGaming написал:

The Specters are used to summon Carnage Chieftain and Stygian Silverback (monkey shamans, which can both be found by casting Desecrate in A6 riverways). They will cast power charge and frenzy charge buffs for your minions, which increases damage massively. Where that shows up in POB is from the "minions use power/frenzy charges" checkbox.

Hmm, it's that big? I've tried looking for that checkbox in the settings, but it's not there. Some posts say to turn on "show minion stats" checkbox, but it doesn't make it appear either. I'm using POB community, does it not exist there?

Edit:
I'm just blind, it was there all along. Thanks again!
Последняя редакция: Sennek. Время: 20 мая 2022 г., 17:06:24
I think Carnage Chieftain and Stygian Silverback do the same, that is give frenzy charges.
To get power charges use Host Chieftain.
I find 2 Carnage and 1 Host works well.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация