[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

"
Hoheinheim написал:
"
Ryztard написал:
How is this build performing this league? Is it still good?

you just need to read the main post ...

Current POB
https://pastebin.com/6Di9PAtA
Lv95 in Harvest, 20M shaper DPS
You're actually around 7.8M sDPS.

Remember, this build's hard limitation is centered around projectile speed and 150ms per hit capability per BL.

Cast speed is extremely important to this build because it determines your animation/delivery speed, which is hindered by spell echo's, but because it is greater than one second no matter what we do, it is technically irrelevant to DPS calculations. Because each BL, with 30% reduced speed from slower proj, is going to travel 33.6 units in one second. Meaning it's going to be 33.6 units from you before you can possibly launch/cast your next set of BL's.

This means there is no respective overlap from cast set to cast set (meaning BL#1 from cast#1 and BL#1 from cast#2 can't/don't hit at same time inside the same second ever). This is why the way we determine actual DPS is by taking the PoB Average Hit and multiplying it by the number of hits possible in one second. And cast rate doesn't come into play for that.

This means 6.67 hits per second per BL is it, period. (1s/150ms) AND, the only way to even get 6.67 hits from a single BL is if you have AT LEAST 33 AoE radius. Because your BL is traveling 33.6 units per second, and the average mob hit-box is about 2 units, which you have to cut in half for your BL to get 6.67 more hits on it's 2nd second. Not to mention, you of course need to start your original cast from about 32-34 units away from the target, too.

The other issue, however, is that PoB screws up both the average hit and AoE radius calculations (I'm working on trying to get the Community Fork guy to fix this, but no luck so far).

If you go up a couple posts, you can see where I've manually fixed the "Average Hit" per BL calculation. If you plug your PoB numbers in there, it breaks down to about 15.7M per cast, which is about 7.85M DPS.

And, you only have 31 AoE radius on your first BL, so you're actually less than that because that first BL isn't able to hit 13x. Probably only 10 or 11 hits at best.

If you go to the Calc tab in PoB, look at the Skill type-specific stats box and hover over AoE Mod. You'll see they have mistakenly added "50% increased" for Greater Spell Echo. Which doesn't exist. The first BL gets nothing from GSE, the first echo gets +50%, the second echo gets +100%, and the third gets +150% AoE. So the seemingly arbitrary +50% AoE applied to all BL's creates an obvious error.

If you add "50% reduced Area of Effect" to one of your items, you'll see what your true base AoE radius is. Which for you, is 31. Your first echo is at 34 AoE, so you're good there and beyond. But if you want 13 possible total hits on the first BL of every cast, you need to increase your AoE some more (about 30%).
Последняя редакция: SkylerOG. Время: 9 июля 2020 г., 11:34:51
Either I didn't get it, or it's really wrong. The current POB uses a combo that's not viable: Blood Magic + Clarity + Agnostic.
If you reserve life, you'll never be on full life, and Agnostic will keep on draining your mana until you're full life - which means forever.
I've searched for it, as it might be a bug, and found this comment confirming it's intended.

Options are using Clarity on mana with Watcher's Eye, or using Clear Mind only, as both aren't viable together.

About the build itself, I'm still low on gear (no Watcher's Eye, Unnatural Instinct or awakened gems), but I can say it's playable with the basic gear. You'll easily get both 5L with Harvest, and even the BL 5L alone can bring you far into the game. Did my first Sirus (A5) deathless and currently going for the A6 one.

The main problem for me is mana. I'm still struggling on conquerors and endgame bosses (mana regen isn't a problem on clear as Cinderswallow Urn and Mind Drinker anoint recover a lot, even allowing to do some "no regen" maps). I have about 3k mana cost on BL (9k total mana) and I'm still with a 5L, so this will probably be a bigger problem with a 6L later on. Taking a hit is also a problem, as 50% of the damage goes on mana and the other 50% are healed using mostly mana.

Because of that, relying on a CWDT setup to apply some DPS increasing debuffs is also kinda bad, as we really don't want to take hits. It kinda means we must take a hit to reach the build full potential (with Wave of Conviction's exposure and Blade Blast's unnerve).

One possible option I've used for some time is to swap Storm Brand for Wave of Conviction (dropping Chain for another QOL gem like Increased Area of Effect or Faster Casting) on the curse setup (Blade Burst and Cold Snap are minor buffs when compared to WoC and don't have such limited range, so it's worth keeping them on CWDT). WOC debuff only lasts for a base 4 seconds I guess, so we would need to take hits quite often to keep its debuff.

I've also been working on another version for this build. It seemed to have slight less damage but better survivability and seemingly less mana issues - been messing with POB lately so it's still a work in progress. :)
Последняя редакция: Chesco. Время: 10 июля 2020 г., 6:04:09
"
Chesco написал:
Either I didn't get it, or it's really wrong. The current POB uses a combo that's not viable: Blood Magic + Clarity + Agnostic.
If you reserve life, you'll never be on full life, and Agnostic will keep on draining your mana until you're full life - which means forever.
I've searched for it, as it might be a bug, and found this comment confirming it's intended.

Options are using Clarity on mana with Watcher's Eye, or using Clear Mind only, as both aren't viable together.

About the build itself, I'm still low on gear (no Watcher's Eye, Unnatural Instinct or awakened gems), but I can say it's playable with the basic gear. You'll easily get both 5L with Harvest, and even the BL 5L alone can bring you far into the game. Did my first Sirus (A5) deathless and currently going for the A6 one.

The main problem for me is mana. I'm still struggling on conquerors and endgame bosses (mana regen isn't a problem on clear as Cinderswallow Urn and Mind Drinker anoint recover a lot, even allowing to do some "no regen" maps). I have about 3k mana cost on BL (9k total mana) and I'm still with a 5L, so this will probably be a bigger problem with a 6L later on. Taking a hit is also a problem, as 50% of the damage goes on mana and the other 50% are healed using mostly mana.

Because of that, relying on a CWDT setup to apply some DPS increasing debuffs is also kinda bad, as we really don't want to take hits. It kinda means we must take a hit to reach the build full potential (with Wave of Conviction's exposure and Blade Blast's unnerve).

One possible option I've used for some time is to swap Storm Brand for Wave of Conviction (dropping Chain for another QOL gem like Increased Area of Effect or Faster Casting) on the curse setup (Blade Burst and Cold Snap are minor buffs when compared to WoC and don't have such limited range, so it's worth keeping them on CWDT). WOC debuff only lasts for a base 4 seconds I guess, so we would need to take hits quite often to keep its debuff.

I've also been working on another version for this build. It seemed to have slight less damage but better survivability and seemingly less mana issues - been messing with POB lately so it's still a work in progress. :)

Yes, I did notice the Agnostic issue. But right now I am having ~3300/s mana regen so it is not a big issue for me.

For mana regen, you can try to use the Pure Talent and spend 3 points to witch's mana regen start point, which helps a lot.

The issue for WOC is it moves sooooo slow. I just don't like it XD.
Isn't Agnostic's mana drain constantly active anyway, assuming you're running RF?
I am really loving this build, clearing everything at ease. Thanks alot!
"
Aniki_Leads_people написал:
Yes, I did notice the Agnostic issue. But right now I am having ~3300/s mana regen so it is not a big issue for me.

For mana regen, you can try to use the Pure Talent and spend 3 points to witch's mana regen start point, which helps a lot.

The issue for WOC is it moves sooooo slow. I just don't like it XD.

I remembered one of your comments, and I'll try getting boots enchant for mana regen, it might solve any mana problem. I still won't risk using Clarity tho, as I don't have a good Watcher's Eye for it.

"
kaktus99 написал:
Isn't Agnostic's mana drain constantly active anyway, assuming you're running RF?

If you have 75% fire resistance, it's easy to keep RF on. As our life is way lower than our mana and Agnostic burns mana to recover the same amount of life, the mana burned is enough to keep our health topped at most situations.

As far as I've tested, using RF is only really risky on maps with less resists (depends on your mana regen, as RF will burn our health faster because of less fire resistance) or less health regeneration rate (it seems mana is burned at the same speed, but health regenerates a lot slower, so your mana simply burns - no regen itself is risky at all times).
The Agnostic is too powerfull to not take it, so i think its better to reserve mana instead of life also the watcher's eyes with clarity recovery give us so much regen that make the spell damage from clear mind trivial.

"
Hoheinheim написал:
The Agnostic is too powerfull to not take it, so i think its better to reserve mana instead of life also the watcher's eyes with clarity recovery give us so much regen that make the spell damage from clear mind trivial.

Clear Mind also gives mana regen at the same range from Watcher's Eye. Clarity itself also increases mana regen, of course, but at a pretty higher cost (Watcher's Eye cost).
Последняя редакция: Chesco. Время: 10 июля 2020 г., 18:22:34
well i find one for 2ex (in standart) that also give me ES leech with Wrath and 117% increased crit chance with zealotry.

i return playing in standart there is no shit economy here and i dont have to care about a délirium league restricted only for $$$ player.
why you not use "supercharge" in large cluster jewel? does not boost dps?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация