[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

"
Arukayos написал:
Hey everyone, last time I posted in this thread was about 2 weeks ago when I just started the character.

I struggled with the cluster jewel version of the build, since there are so many good skill points to prioritize on the tree itself. Decided to check out what people on poe.ninja are doing and noticed that nobody is using this cluster jewel version. Instead, the "popular" version of the tree on poe.ninja actually doesn't take any cluster jewels and gets both, more damage nodes and higher ES.

Here's an example of a profile of someone who's top on ES/damage on poe.ninja, with significantly worse gear than Zzang.

Zzang's PoB showcase obviously has absolute GG-gear in every slot (along with legacy items), which carries it, but I feel like the tree and clusters are kind of suboptimal since there's a lot of good nodes being sacrificed on the tree.

However, this thread was extremely enlightening in terms of learning the build concepts, providing gearing advice, and understanding the build mechanics. All of this wouldn't be possible without Zzang, so thank you! I'm really appreciative since I don't think I'd able to understand this build without all the indepth explanations.

The reason I'm making this post is because I noticed that many players in the latest pages of the thread have been struggling to make this build work, and I was in the same situation until I switched to the new tree. I was dying to t16 bosses, randomly on high-tier maps and didn't have a chance of killing the endgame encounters. Both my damage and survivability went up considerably with the same gear after making the switch. Here's my PoB for reference (community fork): https://pastebin.com/Vai7T3NY

With this tree, I've successfully cleared A8 sirus, uber elder, shaper, mastermind, delve bosses, cortex completely deathless. In most cases I instaphase them off-screen. T16 bosses are deleted before I even get to see them. I can pretty much facetank most mechanics.

Here's a showcase for what the endgame encounters look like (basically, insta deletion)
Uber Elder
Cortex
A8 Sirus - I cropped out the boring stuff (phase 1 - phase 3) because you literally cannot die to him during those phases, the final phase is where the "real" fight begins anyway

My gear is pretty budget, around 20ex for all of it. The rares are largely harvest crafted with cheap seedcrafts. You'll notice I don't have a bottled faith or any big luxury upgrades, probably my most expensive piece is the Watcher's Eye (spent 7ex for it).

This is my gear for reference:

I hope this is able to help out anyone struggling with the build. Cheers, and thanks again Zzang!

Thanks for sharing your build. Much appreciated and has definitely helped me out.

One thing I'll mention though is that your build is well over 20ex for those items. The watcher's eye alone is around 30ex atm, so thought it would be worth pointing this out if anyone chooses to go your route :)
My take on this build with self-crafted gear.
Stats @Lvl 100: 10.2k ES / 75% Block 75% Spell Block / 716k VD DPS / 1.1M DD DPS / with 76% CDR / Balanced Wise Oak / Capped Chaos res

POB:https://pastebin.com/CLazgtsV

Edit: Rebalanced res for wise oak
"Go to bed, little nightmare!
Последняя редакция: Ascensia2814. Время: 26 июля 2020 г., 15:06:06
I've just had an idea that is not fully fleshed out yet and might not even work.
but here we go:

you swap out Presence of Chyaula with Auls Uprising (int , zealotry for instance) and switch your boots with skyworth

you lose out nothing or almost nothing on ES from the amulet and gain "Hits against Nearby Enemies have 50% increased Critical Strike Chance" (btw is that multiplicative ?) AND a free aura or Herald.

Skyforth takes care of the stun recovery (I have around 2k mana so that would be 10k life based stun and block recovery plus a bit from the tree), so we should be fine in that regard.
The 6% reduced mana reservation potentially frees up the charisma anointment or you leave it (I wonder what can be done there with a reduced mana reserved notable from the cluster jewels... another herald on top of the aura maybe ?)
You also dont need the power charge on crit from your frenzy setup anymore, but I dont know yet what I can put in there.

You lose the "cannot be frozen" from you boots though and would have to take care of that though a flask or your belt.

I 'd really apreciate some feedback on this.
And thanks for sharing this guide !
"
I've just had an idea that is not fully fleshed out yet and might not even work.
but here we go:

you swap out Presence of Chyaula with Auls Uprising (int , zealotry for instance) and switch your boots with skyworth

you lose out nothing or almost nothing on ES from the amulet and gain "Hits against Nearby Enemies have 50% increased Critical Strike Chance" (btw is that multiplicative ?) AND a free aura or Herald.

Skyforth takes care of the stun recovery (I have around 2k mana so that would be 10k life based stun and block recovery plus a bit from the tree), so we should be fine in that regard.
The 6% reduced mana reservation potentially frees up the charisma anointment or you leave it (I wonder what can be done there with a reduced mana reserved notable from the cluster jewels... another herald on top of the aura maybe ?)
You also dont need the power charge on crit from your frenzy setup anymore, but I dont know yet what I can put in there.

You lose the "cannot be frozen" from you boots though and would have to take care of that though a flask or your belt.

You are going to lose es regen from zealots oath, which can be quite alot (consecrated ground from sulphur flask, 2% from undertaker). Additionally, it would really suck defence-wise if you are unable to use essence glutton yet due to res issues
Последняя редакция: Ascensia2814. Время: 25 июля 2020 г., 5:14:54
"
Ascensia2814 написал:

You are going to lose es regen from zealots oath, which can be quite alot (consecrated ground from sulphur flask, 2% from undertaker). Additionally, it would really suck defence-wise if you are unable to use essence glutton yet due to res issues

Yes I forgot to mention that. You also potentially lose tailwind from your boots.

I even have a Watchers Eye with ES recovery rate while affected by discipline. I feel though, as most of your Defence comes from ES leech and capped block chance.

And yes taking essence glutton did make a diffrence.
So I guess everything adds up and my question is , is the tradeoff worth it ? An additional aura/herlad is nothing to sneeze at.
Последняя редакция: RDaneelOlivaw_653. Время: 25 июля 2020 г., 5:29:14
Hi.
How are you dealing with low light radius without Arcane Vision.
I was runing all the time with Arcane vision and wanted to try to run as you guys without it.
First map was Palace and it was pitch black - could barely see any monsters - light radius was so low that I felt like in Alien movies when monster appears next to you and you couldn't see them comming :)
Almost died as I din't notice porcupines in the dark.
On top of that my graphic performance went bad - stuttering almost like slideshow.
I had to revert back to arcane visio to make game run smoothly?

The same will be in delve - so how are you running very dark maps or delve without Arcane vision?
Последняя редакция: Iceman079. Время: 25 июля 2020 г., 6:24:54
"
Iceman079 написал:
Hi.
How are you dealing with low light radius without Arcane Vision.
I was runing all the time with Arcane vision and wanted to try to run as you guys without it.
First map was Palace and it was pitch black - could barely see any monsters - light radius was so low that I felt like in Alien movies when monster appears next to you and you couldn't see them comming :)
Almost died as I din't notice porcupines in the dark.
On top of that my graphic performance went bad - stuttering almost like slideshow.
I had to revert back to arcane visio to make game run smoothly?

The same will be in delve - so how are you running very dark maps or delve without Arcane vision?

VD auto targets so its bearable

If you insist on arcane vision, either spend a point or master-craft it

PS. I dont do indoor maps willingly :D
"
"
Ascensia2814 написал:

Yes I forgot to mention that. You also potentially lose tailwind from your boots.

I even have a Watchers Eye with ES recovery rate while affected by discipline. I feel though, as most of your Defence comes from ES leech and capped block chance.

And yes taking essence glutton did make a diffrence.
So I guess everything adds up and my question is , is the tradeoff worth it ? An additional aura/herlad is nothing to sneeze at.

It really depends on what aura are you gonna add tbh, I'm not sure if you could squeeze an aspect of spider or something either.

I personally like chayula cos of that juicy chaos res too
"
but here we go:

To be honest: No.

Losing Stun immunity and LOTS of ES because Chayula also provides quite decent amounts of ES plus 60% chaos res, losing res and potentially Tailwind and or even more ES from boots and as a consquence Essence Glutton due to resists which is the core of the build and in return we get like nothing back?

Edit: I forgot about Skyforth cancels out regen thats an absolute NoGo. I have aorund 2000 ES regeneration in combat with flasks up this is a major part of survivability.

Its not even a tradeoff its straight up worse im afraid.
Последняя редакция: zzang. Время: 25 июля 2020 г., 7:42:59
Because of the high supply of ES + triple crit multi jewels, I changed the passive skill tree a bit.

With a second large cluster jewel with Mage Hunter and Conjured Wall and two crit multi jewels, I went to about 10% more shaper dps, about the same ES and went from 65% to 75% spell block.

It is expensive but worth the trouble, in my opinion.

If you wanna play around with my PoB pastebin, feel free to do so:
https://pastebin.com/h7UQbEta
Последняя редакция: Hedrock01. Время: 25 июля 2020 г., 8:12:54

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация