[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

Edit: double post.
Последняя редакция: zzang. Время: 19 июня 2020 г., 5:06:54
ok, so frame by frame analysis answered my question on how this setup can work in the first place is that it completely breaks the trigger rules OR spellslinger operates on different rules compared to other triggers

the detonate dead explosions come from the exact same corpses that volatile dead comes from

this means that all spellslingers are literally, not virtually, literally instant at the same exact frame leading to you being able to double dip on the corpses

you can confirm this yourself by examining animations, also you will notice leftover corpses on your desecrate which should have been used by detonate dead if it followed normal rules, but since it used corpses that were already consumed you will still have leftover on your desecrate granted you don't have the enchant or awakaned spell cascade

i don't know if this behaviour is intended or simply the engine limitation but it might possibly be a bug or an unintended exploit, granting the popularity of these builds i'm pretty sure GGG is aware of it but i'd hate if it was "bugfixed" mid league or something

edit: another explanation that would follow all the current game rules we know and make this behaviour expected is that corpse explosion triggers from spells are considered the same effect, and it's impossible to trigger both explosions, so detonate dead takes precedence and volatiles explosion simply never even goes off, since spellslinger would make both of these actions simultaneous only 1 action can be applied and that is the stronger one which is Detonate Dead
IGN JustifiedF
Последняя редакция: Justifi3d. Время: 19 июня 2020 г., 5:56:40
"
Justifi3d написал:
ok, so frame by frame analysis answered my question on how this setup can work in the first place is that it completely breaks the trigger rules OR spellslinger operates on different rules compared to other triggers

the detonate dead explosions come from the exact same corpses that volatile dead comes from

this means that all spellslingers are literally, not virtually, literally instant at the same exact frame leading to you being able to double dip on the corpses

you can confirm this yourself by examining animations, also you will notice leftover corpses on your desecrate which should have been used by detonate dead if it followed normal rules, but since it used corpses that were already consumed you will still have leftover on your desecrate granted you don't have the enchant or awakaned spell cascade

i don't know if this behaviour is intended or simply the engine limitation but it might possibly be a bug or an unintended exploit, granting the popularity of these builds i'm pretty sure GGG is aware of it but i'd hate if it was "bugfixed" mid league or something

edit: another explanation that would follow all the current game rules we know and make this behaviour expected is that corpse explosion triggers from spells are considered the same effect, and it's impossible to trigger both explosions, so detonate dead takes precedence and volatiles explosion simply never even goes off, since spellslinger would make both of these actions simultaneous only 1 action can be applied and that is the stronger one which is Detonate Dead

Im not at home so i cant verify but it Spellslinger doing what it does since months. Doubt there is a bug i think there is a simpler explanation of a yet not fully explained interaction.

It would not be the first time the game doesnt render stuff incorrectly. Without knowing the code behind it its probably not accurate to just look at animation.

If i take headhunter for example. A Bowuser looks like he doesnt move his arm at all while shooting. But in reality archer is shooting 69 times per second and game cannot render the animation.

What i can tell 100% sure is that you create corpses volatile dead them create more corpses and explode them with detonate dead in one attack that is supported by barrage support.

This is why VD+DD in one build is so good.

Also test your setup with awakened spell cascade for dd+vd and desecrate.
Последняя редакция: zzang. Время: 19 июня 2020 г., 6:23:10
yeah without seeing the code it's hard to completely trust the render, i agree

whatever is happening it can't be explained with what we know from current rules that's for sure

also on the note of inconsistent VD ball spawning, i figure that it's simply a targeting delay issue, sometimes desecrate animation doesn't finish before VD triggers so it searches for other relevant corpses around resulting in less than maximum amount of balls and sometimes having "blank" casts where it spawns no balls at all, it's probably affected by ping and server tick rate which makes it inconsistent

IGN JustifiedF
"
Justifi3d написал:

also on the note of inconsistent VD ball spawning, i figure that it's simply a targeting delay issue, sometimes desecrate animation doesn't finish before VD triggers so it searches for other relevant corpses around resulting in less than maximum amount of balls and sometimes having "blank" casts where it spawns no balls at all, it's probably affected by ping and server tick rate which makes it inconsistent

But wasnt this exactly the part where you had questions which seem to be answered regarding the VD spawn inconsistency?
no, my initial concern was that corpse limit would use up all the corpses and there's no corpses left for detonate dead so detonate dead would end up being redundant or at best use only 1 corpse if you don't have awakened spell cascade linked to vd or vd enchant in which case it would have 0 corpses left

the inconsistency was just a practical issue i ran into while testing to try to determine how corpses are used

i took a few month break so i didnt have chance to tinker with spellslinger yet and i was unfamiliar with exact mechanics, but as it turns out i'm no smarter now since there seems to be a lot happenign in the background that can't really be explained on paper
IGN JustifiedF
Последняя редакция: Justifi3d. Время: 19 июня 2020 г., 6:29:31
"
Justifi3d написал:
no, my initial concern was that corpse limit would use up all the corpses and there's no corpses left for detonate dead so detonate dead would end up being redundant or at best use only 1 corpse if you don't have awakened spell cascade linked to vd or vd enchant in which case it would have 0 corpses left

I think this part is answered by barrage support checking for possible triggers.
Последняя редакция: zzang. Время: 19 июня 2020 г., 6:34:26
Not sure if anyone else was looking at this thinking of league starter, just keep in mind he is reaching 75% block and 75% spell block, with a 1.3 Rumi's Concotion, which has 30% attack block and 20% spell block. This is going to be much stronger than the same flask in the league so you may need to go glancing blows which is going to make you much squishier.

It's not the end of the world or anything, just know you're not hitting 75%/75% natural block with the build. I think it goes down to 69%/54% ish range, which is still good wihtout glancing blows.
I think you right about double dip of corpses but its hard to 100% check..
What you guys think about idea of adding Poet's pen to setup? Like 6L volatile+dd w/o cascade and volatile 3L in poet's ? So it will be 6 balls per cast + 3 corpse DD as desecrate+cascade spawn 10 corpses
"
Athilias написал:
Not sure if anyone else was looking at this thinking of league starter, just keep in mind he is reaching 75% block and 75% spell block, with a 1.3 Rumi's Concotion, which has 30% attack block and 20% spell block. This is going to be much stronger than the same flask in the league so you may need to go glancing blows which is going to make you much squishier.

It's not the end of the world or anything, just know you're not hitting 75%/75% natural block with the build. I think it goes down to 69%/54% ish range, which is still good wihtout glancing blows.

Actually it will be 10% less spellblock (65%) maybe 66% cant check the tree at the moment. Really no big deal.

People that played this build in league can confirm it was very good and didnt needed Glancing Blows.
Последняя редакция: zzang. Время: 19 июня 2020 г., 7:16:24

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация