[3.13] Skeleton Nebulomancer | Sirus tank&kill on a <5ex budget, NO AURASTACK ! Beginner-friendly

Noob question (I’ve never played with Cries before): how do you sustain more than 4 endurance charges in boss fights? Doesn’t enduring cry count a boss as 20 power?
"
Rodicio написал:

but another question: is Transcendance by militant faith important for this build or just junk for the minion speed on mf?

This is a key item for this build the main defense. Without one build survivability is low.
Holy Kuduku show me the way!
Wow, it seems I've missed some posts while trying Mayhem !

"
dennisleetw написал:
Hi,
I see you spend quite some time to calculate your defense and offense attributes. Good job to create your own build.
I am lazy and I always follow others build. I have a hard time to fight sirus(maybe died for 10 * 6 portals), too. Finally, I find there is a budget and tanky build.

"[3.12] A CI HoP + Spiders Guardian - 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS || My 1st lvl 100"
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2554248

I compare my char and the build in the forum and I found I don't use empower 4(since it costs more than 3ex) so I use HOP with impale instead and my DPS is only 200K while the build in the forum has 600K. I am stuck in level 92 and it is very time consuming to level up beyond level 90. I maybe try to fight sirus awakener level 0 at level 93 when I have more than 5K energy shield.

Q1: Is it possible to kill sirus with only 200K, should I use summon skeletons instead?

Q2: The build above is pretty cheap also and maybe it can give you some idea to improve.

Honestly I'm not good enough to judge builds other than mines, so I'm not sure I can help you much. For what I can tell, it does seem reasonably cheap, and I've no reason to doubt its strength ! However, that build and mine are very different in their concepts, both offensively and defensively. Guardian generally uses block as main defense layer, which is really strong against mobs coupled with any "recovery on block source" and especially Aegis Aurora with high armour, but does not guarantees protection against one-shot hits (you bolck them 75% of the time, but have to mitigate the 25% others); that's why the author uses Molten Shell, super strong with high armoured builds. But it means you must use it at the very good time, else you can get one-shot, so I believe it is not very beginner-friendly as for bossing (clearing should be very smooth though). On the opposite, I designed this build to be able to survive (most) hits without needing to press any key, but it doesn't have huge regen or recovery mechanics, so you need flasks and taking care of life management. If I ever manage to post videos of my boss fights *sigh*, you'll see that I manage to survive hits even with my very low playing skills, which is why I started playing this on the start: it can beat bosses with not much currency and not much skill, but doesn't shine at anything else (mediocre clear, no min-max, etc).

As for your specific questions:
Q1: 200k overall is very low for Sirus Imho, but keep in mind the build you use has damage from both Spiders and Herald of Purity, so you have to sum them. Also, is it 200k per sentinel, of all 4 combined ?
Anyway, I'm not sure how to adapt that build with skeletons, but skellies are widely known as best minions for bossing with cheap gear.

Q2: hard to mix both builds, sadly. Maybe dropping one Nebuloch for Aegis Aurora, pick Glancing Blows, choose Mistress of Sacrifice over Bone Armour ascendancy and use Bone offering over flesh, would be a thing to consider. I'll think of it before next league !

"
Rodicio написал:

No really just linked in Weapon enlighten, Pride an Determination ?
Just changed now to maim+ flesh and stone.

but another question: is Transcendance by militant faith important for this build or just junk for the minion speed on mf?

Maybe you could share a link to your character's profile ? Pride and Determination both reserve 50% of mana, so if you support them only with Enlighten it can't be more, unless you mixed up Enlighten and Empower ?

Transcendance is the core of defense here, the minion aspeed just a bonus ! The keystone offers a huge protection against elemental hits, from 78% mitigation without to more than 90% with it, effectively taking roughly thrice less elemental damage from big hits and even less from small ones.

"
slyngplante написал:
Noob question (I’ve never played with Cries before): how do you sustain more than 4 endurance charges in boss fights? Doesn’t enduring cry count a boss as 20 power?

Every question is worth asking :)
When you win charges from any source (Enduring Cry in this build, but it works the same for all ways to win charges), they add up to charges you already had, and charge duration is reset.
With Cry Wolf, we are ensured to win 2 charges every time (10 minimum power for warcries); our charge duration is 11,8s, and EC's cooldown a bit less than 4s, so their duration is reset before you can lose any of them. So they stack up to the maximum number (which is 9 when fully geared), and you never lose any afterwards.

@0xck
(I don't quote your original post as you speak about phys mitigation several times)
I'm very surprised you consider physical mitigation as such an issue ! I personally never died from physical damage, either from hits or DoT, since I equipped a "no corrupted blood" jewel. Absolutely never. I die from ground DoT when I'm not focused, from burning when overdrinking my Dousing mana flask, and from super big elemental hits like Atziri's or Phoenix guardian (especially when I get ignited from the hit and don't notice before dying). 86+% flat mitigation is more than enough in my opinion.
When/against what did you feel additional phys mitigation was required ?
Hey, looks like a solid build and I'm willing to try it.

but I really didn't understand how autocasting enduring cry with numpads work, could you explain it a little bit more?
thanks.
"
DarkAngel68 написал:
Hey, looks like a solid build and I'm willing to try it.

but I really didn't understand how autocasting enduring cry with numpads work, could you explain it a little bit more?
thanks.

1) After socketing Enduring Cry, enter Options - Input and change the skill's shortcut to Numpad 1 (or any number you wish)
2) Turn numpad on
3) Press numpad1 to use Enduring cry, but don't release
4) while still pressing numpad1, turn numpad off
(5) optional: turn numpad on)
After 4th step, the game considers numpad1 is constantly pressed, so Enduring cry autocasts when reaching cooldown. You can turn numpad on at this point, it doesn't change anything regarding Enduring Cry as long as you don't

Beware: you must repeat steps 2 to 4 (or 3 to 5) each time you change zones, ie when you enter a map, a Vaal side-area, lab room etc. When you get used to it it takes <1s so it's no big deal, but it's crucial not to forget it, lest you want to run into mobs with no armour and super bad resistances (generally resulting in death). Most of my deaths on the first few days of testing were due to this.
Also, if you shift from PoE while in a zone (checking price of stuff or whatever), the game doesn't cast anything. So when you come back, Enduring Cry will still autocast, but if you leave more than 12s, you'll lose all charges in the meantime.
Hello PoitelMarto,

I am going to try my first minion build and want to try this one, mainly because my other builds are not going to let me kill Sirus (because I am not that good at evading attacks...) and I hope this will work for me :-)

One question I have, can you tell in which order to build the passive skill tree?
It should be enough in something like 5 steps or so (like which key passives to get in which order or just tell me to take left first then right up down or something like that), just to know in general how to build it up without getting in trouble later on.

Thank you!

EDIT:
I just noticed that you use a divergent enduring cry, but since I play standard league it is not available for me.
Is it an issue to use the normal enduring cry for this build?
I am asking because I read the constant uptime from enduring cry is the backbone of this build...

EDIT2: My passive skill tree is getting good, so that problem solved itself.
And regular enduring cry is working as well. I do use redblade banner for now, so that helps alot.

But I do have a few other questions.

I was wondering if Al Dhih claw would work? This increases the buff effect to above 50% (which i do not get with the standard enduring cry) and it is possible to use redblade banner (constantly maximum endurance charges) or a nebuloch.
Or I could use the mutewind pennant shield...
But I am afraid that starting without any endurance charges will cause trouble because of being really vulnerable. Or am I wrong about that?

How bad is the "fire damage taken..." from nebuloch? It seems alot with about 10 endurance charges... (2000 fire damage per second with only one Nebuloch).

Thx.
Последняя редакция: Done982. Время: 24 дек. 2020 г., 11:35:50
"
Done982 написал:
Hello PoitelMarto,

I am going to try my first minion build and want to try this one, mainly because my other builds are not going to let me kill Sirus (because I am not that good at evading attacks...) and I hope this will work for me :-)

One question I have, can you tell in which order to build the passive skill tree?
It should be enough in something like 5 steps or so (like which key passives to get in which order or just tell me to take left first then right up down or something like that), just to know in general how to build it up without getting in trouble later on.

Thank you!

That's right, I didn't mention how to level the tree, as I didn't do it myself (respec'd from another skeleton build). However, as you probably found out anyway, there is no real order to follow, except picking Lord of the Dead first (as most minion builds do). You just need to alternate between life and minion nodes until you start mapping. Then you want to upgrade you warcry speed/duration, and after that (around lvl 80), buy/craft your cluster jewels and put your points in it.

"

EDIT:
I just noticed that you use a divergent enduring cry, but since I play standard league it is not available for me.
Is it an issue to use the normal enduring cry for this build?
I am asking because I read the constant uptime from enduring cry is the backbone of this build...

Normal enduring cry (EC) works good, and requires far less investment in warcry cooldown recovery, so the build will reach full potency sooner (even before lvl 90) than divergent EC, but you lose 9% physical resistance unless you run Al Dhih, or ~25k armour with Al Dhih over one Nebuloch. See below.

"
EDIT2: My passive skill tree is getting good, so that problem solved itself.
And regular enduring cry is working as well. I do use redblade banner for now, so that helps alot.

But I do have a few other questions.

I was wondering if Al Dhih claw would work? This increases the buff effect to above 50% (which i do not get with the standard enduring cry) and it is possible to use redblade banner (constantly maximum endurance charges) or a nebuloch.
Or I could use the mutewind pennant shield...
But I am afraid that starting without any endurance charges will cause trouble because of being really vulnerable. Or am I wrong about that?

I'm happy you managed to run the build in the past days !
Al Dhih is probably the best option if you can't acquire divergent EC. You can drop Second Wind support and both Deep Breath and Escalation nodes for 7 free passive points, as warcry cooldown is set to 4s (so you just need your duration to be over 4s, and it's done with normal quality on EC, a lvl 20 Increased Duration with quality and the small passives from the Natural authority node).
The major drawback over the Nebuloch+Redblade Banner version is that you absolutely need a medium cluster jewel with Cry Wolf to ensure you don't run into mobs (and especially bosses) without charges, so until you can afford it, you should stich with Nebuloch and Redblade Banner, which means a bit less physical mitigation as you can't hit 50% increased effect.

Compared to the Dual Wield nebuloch version, you must find 36% additional chaos res if you want to cap it ( not necessary, but good QoL), and more importantly you'll lose quite much elemental mitigation, both from armour (one Nebuloch instead of two means around -20/25k armour) and the 9% reduction mod on the weapon. Another thing is you can't use shield charge (no shield), leap slam (one of your weapon being a claw) or whirling blades (one of you weapons being a mace), so there is no good way to have the Fortify buff until you use an Animate Guardian with Kingmaker.
On the other hand, you have 7 extra passive points, that you can use for more life (Tireless node) or life regen (combat stamina), and degen from nebulochs is halved, resulting in much faster regen. All in all, survivability should be similar against monster packs, but a bit worse against elements-using bosses (Atziri, Shaper, Sirus).

"
How bad is the "fire damage taken..." from nebuloch? It seems alot with about 10 endurance charges... (2000 fire damage per second with only one Nebuloch).

Thx.

the 78% resist from Loreweave helps, but we mainly sustain the damage thanks to all the life regen we gain from endurance charges (0.5% per charge from the tree, 0.8% per charge from rings), further enhanced by the Bone Barrier 20% increase. With 9 charges and 78% resist, degen is around 400hp/sec per Nebuloch, while we can reach over 900 life regen per second. Life regen negates burn damage from nebulochs, and actual life recovery mainly comes from flasks and EC + Escalation (recovering roughly 50% of maximum life every 4 seconds).
Thinking about trying this for the new league do we have any videos with A8 Sirus done?
"
magicdownunder написал:
Thinking about trying this for the new league do we have any videos with A8 Sirus done?

I'm starting to upload all the videos I recorded with the build, and I'll update the original post later this day.

As for Sirus specifically, here is my first attempt with the Redblade Banner version, which happens to be my first deathless Sirus kill ever !
https://youtu.be/3_0fmFA1HPc
All videos are now up: Sirus, Elder, Shaper, Uber Elder and Atziri died to the skeletons.

I separated videos recorded with budget version and with AG; essentially, some skills can't be facetanked with the budget, but damage is the same so all should be doable, just more dodge required.

As for the 3.13 update, nothing from the announcement changes anything, so we must wait for the note patch.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация