[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
Padreweak написал:
Hi Odif,

Thx for the nice build. Been polaying mostly Summoners till POE Beta myself but never tried Skellies Mage.

Wanted to give a try with your build, so far working well, as expected with minions builds, still no skellies mages tho at lv 40 ish (will buy later, price too high for now).

One question i didnt saw any explanation/answers to in your very detailed post (i believe i read every sections you did) :
- Why CHAOS GOLEM instead of CARRION GOLEM ?
Thx for your input on this.
Padre

Carrion Golem increased the dps of your minions.
Chaos Golem increases the players defenses.

I have found the dps of the build is plenty, but the dps is mearly ok.

If you want more dps, and dont mind being more squishy, go Carrion Golem.

Its a choice.
How much dexterity should we have for mage skeletons?
lvl 1 greater multiple projectiles is enough?
I guess 68 dex for stone golem lvl 20 or 111 for pierce?
Последняя редакция: exilekami. Время: 16 янв. 2021 г., 11:26:42
"
timnic98 написал:

Very much enjoying this so far - I'm only about 3 hrs in (and I'm slow) so I'm still in act 2. I have noticed though, that whilst you mention getting two BBR wands as soon as you can, you didn't mention which gems to socket, and I then noticed that this didn't match with your build as outlined above. I know that things are always likely to be very fluid at League start, but would it be possible to put up a section on gems and how they'd change as you progressed? Love the work you've done already, and I'm very much looking forward to getting past the Act 1-10 grind!

Ya, the build is a bit slow in acts 2 and 3, picks up in act 4, and dominates from act 5 and beyond.

The build guide DOES mention what gems to put in the wands, in the "ACT 1" and "ACT 2" parts of the leveling guide.
Zombie/Minion Damage/Melee splash and Skeleton/Minion Damage/Melee Splash in act 1, and replace Melee Splash with Melee Physical in Act 2 in both.

Later, when one transitions to 4 links, one uses other gems, which admittedly I did not detail enough in the guide, as it really depends on when one gets the 4 links.

The snapshot of my gear is in Act 6, i have already transitioned to 4 links.

Thanks for the feedback.
Because of your post, I went back and put BOLD on the parts where it says what to put in the 2 BBR wands.
Последняя редакция: Odif. Время: 16 янв. 2021 г., 11:35:25
"
exilekami написал:
How much dexterity should we have for mage skeletons?
lvl 1 greater multiple projectiles is enough?
I guess 68 dex for stone golem lvl 20 or 111 for pierce?

Just look up on the Wiki how much dex the support gems you need use.
I am too lazy to do it right now :O
Level 76 currently on t4 maps and clearing smoothly still so far. Only found a corrupted 6L and bought a Dead Reckoning for 6c, everything else is beginner gear.
Последняя редакция: Ebenz9. Время: 16 янв. 2021 г., 11:37:08
¸is it better to level with infernal legion or melee damage and minion damage support
"
Ebenz9 написал:
Level 76 currently on t4 maps and clearing smoothly still so far. Only found a corrupted 6L and bought a Dead Reckoning for 6c, everything else is beginner gear.

Ditto. I'm on a 5L (they are 1-2c right now), and clear is smooth--EE/signal prey work well with single target.
With 'Dead Reckoning' being so cheap, is it worth switching over to Skeleton Mages with only a 4 link chest or should I hold off?

I am guessing the 4 gems would be:
Vaal Summon Skeleton
GMP
Pierce
Spell Echo

Does this sound about right?
"
Skua99 написал:
With 'Dead Reckoning' being so cheap, is it worth switching over to Skeleton Mages with only a 4 link chest or should I hold off?

My suggestion is to hold off until you have 1-2 chaos for a 5L 3B2G.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/yw83WGtR

Clear on a 5L is smooth through white maps.
"
GERWARIC написал:
Dead recking is down to 6 or 7 chaos this morning.

I just swapped to mages, and wow, it's like a whole different build. I've just started leveling the mage-specific support gems, but I hope this is end-game viable, because I LOVE the look of their projectiles filling the screen.

(a few minutes later...)

Vaal summon mage skeletons is perfect for ritual encounters. Highly recommended.

after i almost gave up on this build (not ODIF fault,just ggg nerf's :D) i saw this & bought me dead reckoning immediately,gotta say HUGE improvement aswell for single target AND clearing (y)

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация