[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

what activities the build can farm, what can you count on having assembled this build, can I close at least t13 blight maps?
how about delirium orbs and other farming options
"
RichardColson написал:
what activities the build can farm, what can you count on having assembled this build, can I close at least t13 blight maps?

Last league T16 maps/blight maps was a breeze.
"
RichardColson написал:

Summon builds owns blight maps, you can just stay next to the pump the whole fight.
Anybody got a pob with cluster jewels and the likes?

Basically a more expensive pob.
Hey just wanted to thank you for the guide. I had never tried a minion build, and was always intimidated by reading about the animate guardian/spectres. I'm ssf but already had the jewel in unique tab so figured I'd try it out.

I'm a pretty new player and had previously only blindly followed guides to a T. I'm starting to understand a bit more about the game and be a bit more experimental so had some questions about things (basically: maybe dumb questions from a new player).

1) chain?

I tried using greater multiple projectiles instead of pierce and that seemed better for mapping until I ran into some enemies that their nearby allies can't die. So I'm guessing that is why pierce is included. Any thought on using chain instead of pierce? I was thinking for clearing maps may be better. Less damage/hit, but I'm guessing there would be more hits, because with pierce they have to be lined up. For bosses seems like it could be iffy though, better if at least one other enemy nearby to chain, but otherwise less. Any thoughts?

2) Vitality level? Do you cap the vitality level? I did early on for mana issues. I'm ssf and no enlighten, although I did find a 5% reduced mana reserved helm.

3) Cyclone cast while channeling?
I don't have the trigger weapon yet, and I'm on xbox so descrate/offering has been super inconvenient. Any thoughts on using cyclone cast while channeling instead of the trigger weapon? I had the queen's decree ornate sword, which seemed like a good alternative to wands (maybe?). Or is the possibility of the minion rolls on wands worth a lot more than the swords stats?

Thanks again, I've enjoyed it so far :)

Hello,

thanks a lot to make build for beginners like me ;).

I got a question, why did you choose to have lightning skill to lower enemy cold and fire resist (Elemental equilibrium) ? could I swap that with another element ?
I want to play with a friend this league and he is going to go with Arc Lightning so I don't want to increase ennemy light resist :s.

Thanks
"
I'm starting to understand a bit more about the game and be a bit more experimental so had some questions about things (basically: maybe dumb questions from a new player).

2) Run the highest level of vitality that you can.

3) People were suggesting winter orb with cast when channel. This way you also proc EE.

"
YunLong написал:

I got a question, why did you choose to have lightning skill to lower enemy cold and fire resist (Elemental equilibrium) ? could I swap that with another element ?

The most optimal play would be to lower enemies cold resistance since the skele mages do the least amount of cold damage.
Последняя редакция: kingzero753. Время: 14 апр. 2021 г., 13:18:47
"

1) chain?

I tried using greater multiple projectiles instead of pierce and that seemed better for mapping until I ran into some enemies that their nearby allies can't die. So I'm guessing that is why pierce is included. Any thought on using chain instead of pierce? I was thinking for clearing maps may be better. Less damage/hit, but I'm guessing there would be more hits, because with pierce they have to be lined up. For bosses seems like it could be iffy though, better if at least one other enemy nearby to chain, but otherwise less. Any thoughts?

2) Vitality level? Do you cap the vitality level? I did early on for mana issues. I'm ssf and no enlighten, although I did find a 5% reduced mana reserved helm.

3) Cyclone cast while channeling?
I don't have the trigger weapon yet, and I'm on xbox so descrate/offering has been super inconvenient. Any thoughts on using cyclone cast while channeling instead of the trigger weapon? I had the queen's decree ornate sword, which seemed like a good alternative to wands (maybe?). Or is the possibility of the minion rolls on wands worth a lot more than the swords stats?

Thanks again, I've enjoyed it so far :)

Chain vs Pierce
Its all about the single target.
Chain massively lowers your single target.
If you want, you can go chain and swap it out for some other gem on bosses.
I am lazy, Pierce is good clear and ok bossing.

Vitality
Get it as high as you can.
As stated in the guide, you dont run Zealotry until you have a level 2 enlighten.

Cyclone
You cant cyclone with wands.
You cant get good minion mods like increased minion damage and +1 to all minion gems on 1 handed melee weapons.
Cyclone requires another 2 gem sockets and we are gem starved.
You can go with a two handed weapon and cyclone, but I leave it up to you to figure out what skills to leave off to fit in the cyclone and cast while channeling gems.
"
YunLong написал:
Hello,

thanks a lot to make build for beginners like me ;).

I want to play with a friend this league and he is going to go with Arc Lightning so I don't want to increase ennemy light resist :s.

Thanks

using a cold skill to proc EE is highest dps THEORETICALLY.

But...
But...

Cold skills are not as good at applying EE as storm brand or armageddon brand.
Those two brands are just SO much better than anything else I have tried.

But if you like using some other skill, and can make it cold, go for it.
(A cold skill or a phys skill and you have added cold to spells somewhere)
I have found that such skills require MUCH more frequent casting to work in actual game situations.
Is it too bad to use this build without the dead reckoning jewel? (using normal skeletons) I want to try this build as leaguestart but I don't know if I would be able to buy/drop the jewel.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация