[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

Well, twice I brought a 6l 6 blue lioneye's vision to the temple and both times it turned 6 white, I'm tired.
Последняя редакция: felipesallum. Время: 4 мая 2021 г., 16:21:52
"
felipesallum написал:
Well, twice I brought a 6l 6 blue lioneye's vision to the temple and both times it turned 6 white, I'm tired.

Well, that means you can sell it for a profit, all my attempts so far ended with a little red cloud... :)
thanks for the guide. i am a big noob, completely fresh new player, the furthest i have been is act 6 following enki arc witch, but i don't like it.

with this build will i be able to get to 'endgame' and farm some currency and stuff to make a new character with a fun style? something spinny and zoomy?

Having trouble getting an accurate picture of my damage through PBin. Perhaps my configuration is off, dunno. felipesallum and I had a chat the other day and he mentioned his skellies do 900k each while some purely offensive dual wand builds reach 4 mil/skel. Impressive.

Returning to the subject of spectres, perhaps I am mistaken in trying to eke out more dps out of them. We are not a spectres build after all. In addition, I have no clue what kind of damage my two Redemption Sentries bring to the table. Atm I run them alongside an Arena Master and an Ancient Wraith.

As they are more of a support aspect, considering switching the Sentries to the old-fashioned Chieftain/Host.

Thoughts?
Последняя редакция: NaineNoire. Время: 5 мая 2021 г., 3:01:20
"
NaineNoire написал:
Having trouble getting an accurate picture of my damage through PBin. Perhaps my configuration is off, dunno. felipesallum and I had a chat the other day and he mentioned his skellies do 900k each while some purely offensive dual wand builds reach 4 mil/skel. Impressive.

Returning to the subject of spectres, perhaps I am mistaken in trying to eke out more dps out of them. We are not a spectres build after all. In addition, I have no clue what kind of damage my two Redemption Sentries bring to the table. Atm I run them alongside an Arena Master and an Ancient Wraith.

As they are more of a support aspect, considering switching the Sentries to the old-fashioned Chieftain/Host.

Thoughts?

I had double wand offensive setup last league with 5m per skeleton. But i'm pretty sure i would die in ultimatums quite often, its way more intense then ritual encounters. So the lower damage with agnostic/MoM setup kinda feels right, and close to 1m per skeleton is still more then enough i think. With all projected updates i think the top dps is like 1.5m here...
"
evilmindcz написал:
"
NaineNoire написал:

Thoughts?

I had double wand offensive setup last league with 5m per skeleton. But i'm pretty sure i would die in ultimatums quite often, its way more intense then ritual encounters. So the lower damage with agnostic/MoM setup kinda feels right, and close to 1m per skeleton is still more then enough i think. With all projected updates i think the top dps is like 1.5m here...

I am of the same opinion, I'd rather not aim for dps excellence at the expense of surviveability. High mapped and rolled Ultimatums are rippy. I found the MoM/Agnostic route very sustainable and packing a quite decent dps as is.

Regarding the apes; some use chieftain + host, some 2x chieftain + host, some say you absolutely need Life Tap, others not.

I would rather not have to use Life Tap, I am dry on gem slots. Hence my choice to use 2 offensive sentries. On the other hand, I understand the usefulness of frenzy/power charges for an army of 60+ minions. Let alone I have doubts on the actual dps of the Sentries as mentioned above.
Последняя редакция: NaineNoire. Время: 5 мая 2021 г., 6:26:50
Offense spectres dont do much for this build. You want to dedicated the whole build for spectre to be effective, that mean 5+ spectre (chest with +1 spectre), boots with plus to spectre level, running Carrion golems, different auras for certain types etc... So its better to just run support spectres. Lifetap gem is very useful if using chieftans, since they run out of mana very quickly. Let them use blood to cast their buff would maintain 3 frenzy charges/ 3 power charges near 100% of the time, especially bossing and Ultimatum. Those bring huge power to your skelly.
Последняя редакция: camapngu133. Время: 5 мая 2021 г., 10:17:46
"
camapngu133 написал:
Fleshcrafter is actually worse damage than EE variant, since it always treat resistance as 0. You save some gem slot for not needing curse or exposure to achieve that, but you cannot go below zero, meaning no further min max. So Lioneye is better.

I imagine getting the right color on a corrupted Lioneye would be a nightmare though.

There were some other responses about this earlier.

It's the same shell game :)

zero resistance means no negative resistance sure. But those recovered gem slots can be used for Defence in the form of Steelskin or Molten Shell or Enfeeble. Or Offense like Punishment or Animate Guardian or something else. I was ripping to ults so often I had to change something. I was getting nowhere.

Now at L84 I can do normal mapping Ults without being forced to farm low-level Act Ults. I was not able to out DPS incoming Ult mobs. I know some builds can. I am not sure Minion builds can.
"
camapngu133 написал:
Offense spectres dont do much for this build. You want to dedicated the whole build for spectre to be effective, that mean 5+ spectre (chest with +1 spectre), boots with plus to spectre level, running Carrion golems, different auras for certain types etc... So its better to just run support spectres. Lifetap gem is very useful if using chieftans, since they run out of mana very quickly. Let them use blood to cast their buff would maintain 3 frenzy charges/ 3 power charges near 100% of the time, especially bossing and Ultimatum. Those bring huge power to your skelly.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. Settled on 1 Chief, 1 Host, 1 AM and 1 Matron (Harvest). With Lifetap the charges are consistent.
Последняя редакция: NaineNoire. Время: 5 мая 2021 г., 13:14:34
I'm afraid to drop minion life and use lifetap with spectres/AG/meatshield 4L. But frenzy charges are very important specially in ult since vaal skellies linger around enough to befefit from it. Also, do we even get bonus from power charges? In Pob only fire mages get some damage but not much.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация