[3.14] Penance Brand Elementalist - Smooth Fun T16 Mapping on 400-600c Budget

"
CedricDur написал:
The first lines of the guide resonated with me. Most guides seem to be about showing a character blow screen fulls of enemies with one hit to the point they all resemble each there. There is no particular difference between one and the other.

it is a beautifully informative guide btw, I wish more people would use your template.

Thank you Cedric, that is great to hear!
I've been at a stump at what to play all league, figured I'd give this a shot and ended up crafting this for myself in 3 fossil attempts. I'd say that's a sign!
Thanks for the detailed write up, and the no nonsense approach. Too many build guides these days are just giant humblebrags :)

That said, how would you say this compares to the ignite version that a lot of people are running?
Последняя редакция: Detrites. Время: 1 февр. 2021 г., 6:54:03
we can doing boss with this ?
"
That said, how would you say this compares to the ignite version that a lot of people are running?

Haven't tried it actually, I went straight from Armageddon Brand to Penance Brand. My guess would be this has significantly better clear but relatively worse single target. This is only a guess though :)
Hi quick question:
Do you know what happens in the scenario where:
there is only 1 enemy
there are 2 brands attached to this enemy
you have maximum brands out
you cast another brand.

do the old brands expire? do they detach from the enemy? Do they explode?

I would have thought that old ones would remove from the target and then explode. the new ones would then attach.

I have been playing with an aurabot that gives me insane cast speed so i am casting a LOT of times per second and in these single target encounters I only see explosions happen at my "attached duration" even if i'm holding down the penance brand cast.

"
HBOBurninator написал:

Do you know what happens in the scenario where:
there is only 1 enemy
there are 2 brands attached to this enemy
you have maximum brands out
you cast another brand.

do the old brands expire? do they detach from the enemy? Do they explode?

The old brands don't explode. They get replaced by the new brand without expiring or detaching, which means you lose a lot of damage.
Okay so I'm trying out a PB build on SSF and I'm really trying hard to understand how it works, in the guide i read about swiftbrand and you say "as you've discussed before" this support gem is absolutely necessary. But I don't see any discussion about it except that activation frequency is super important which I think you mean by it.

Anyway if I get it right (about swiftbrand) it's only useful to get it if you can reach enough cast speed that it can reach almost 20 stacks for 2 brands within the attachment duration which is just above 1 second? And if I'm not able to get that amount of cast speed I'm better of just using another support gem?

I know it's not the best to play it on SSF but I just want to understand the mechanics so i can make a best possible version for myself. Thanks for this discussion i really needed a thread like this
Nicely put up, very coherent.

Luckily for me i was just leveling a storm brand long neck and theorycrafting upon the elusive penance brand when i stumbled upon your guide :) .

My question is, would you see this working as a version of hiero low life? if so what would your suggestions be as changes from your build?

Kindly,
"
zorgmeister написал:
Nicely put up, very coherent.

Luckily for me i was just leveling a storm brand long neck and theorycrafting upon the elusive penance brand when i stumbled upon your guide :) .

My question is, would you see this working as a version of hiero low life? if so what would your suggestions be as changes from your build?

Kindly,

I took one of CommAshen's dual cluster trees and modified it a bit to theorycraft taking the build lowlife and it's performing insanely well so far.

https://pastebin.com/zkUU07sf (as an Elementalist, you'd have to adjust it a bit for Templar)

I haven't done Shaper/UElder/A8 Sirus yet, but as of so far there has not been a boss that hasn't been one shot.

This significantly breaks the 400-600c budget however.
Последняя редакция: Detrites. Время: 3 февр. 2021 г., 17:20:35
I was actually initially planning to go low life on this build, but then reverted my plans when I realized how strong the explode/frenzy chest was. However, given that the build struggles more with single target than map clear, I could see low life being fantastic, especially for things like Sirus.

"
I haven't done Shaper/UElder/A8 Sirus yet, but as of so far there has not been a boss that hasn't been one shot.

This significantly breaks the 400-600c budget however.

That's one of the fantastic things about this build, it scales ridiculously well with currency investment while still being playable on a budget. If you put 100+ex into this build (note: Headhunter doesn't count because it doesn't contribute to boss killspeed), I can absolutely guarantee you will delete everything in the game.
Последняя редакция: CommAshen. Время: 4 февр. 2021 г., 10:36:57

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация