[3.14] Doryani's Touch ignite Elementalist|from a 30c budget to beating The Feared|10M+ ignite DPS

"
PoitelMarto написал:
"
mochmaster написал:
Any ideas to incorporate either Berek's Respite or abberaths hooves into the build for the huge ignite chains. For Berek's I figured you could take shaper of flames and drop stormfire, however that seems to impact EE bc of the added lightning.

Berek's Respite really doesn't fit into the build because EE indeed; I think it's too much dps to lose to slot it in in the current version of the build. Maybe we could replace Emberwake with Maligaro's Artifice and put Lightning Elemental in it, but I'm not sure the EE would hit bosses reliably, and losing Emberwake is a dps/damage loss in itself.

However, Abberath's Hooves could be used for mapping if you manage to cap resists without relying on rare boots. Both enchant and Hunter's ignite mod are not required for regular mapping, so you're only losing some hp and move speed. However, capping chaos will require some investment either on jewels or upgrading the rest of your gear; again, on regular, not-too-juiced maps, 30-40% chaos res is enough to clear most T16 maps.

I'm not sure whether either Berek's or Abberath's hooves really speed up the clear compared to a regular Fan the Flames - I will give it a try when I cap lightning res without boots !

Can't say Ive tried this build exactly, but I did play burning arrow ele. Berek's/Abberaths is significantly better than fan the flames in my experience. Because (at least to my understanding) fan the flames can only proc once because its spreads from enemies YOU ignite, meaning it cant chain off itself, unlike the boots or ring which can self chain.
Последняя редакция: mochmaster. Время: 21 марта 2021 г., 16:02:38
"
mochmaster написал:
Can't say Ive tried this build exactly, but I did play burning arrow ele. Berek's/Abberaths is significantly better than fan the flames in my experience. Because (at least to my understanding) fan the flames can only proc once because its spreads from enemies YOU ignite, meaning it cant chain off itself, unlike the boots or ring which can self chain.

You are right indeed; yet I tried both Hooves and Fan the Flames and for now clearspeed isn't affected by more than a margin, except in some very closed layouts, like Wasted Pool and such. Maybe this is due to the differences in general playstyles of Dori's touch and burning arrow, or maybe there is another reason.

Now I've hit lvl 100 I will try various gear combinations to see what feels best, between Fan the Flames, Hooves and Berek's + Maligaro's Artifice. I reckon each option has pros and cons, but I prefer actually testing them before I come up with a proper answer.
https://pastebin.com/uQ4mA2RQ
Why my dps only 800k @@. Something wrong here :((
Apparently I forgot to mention this in the guide, but if you want to have a reay estimation of your boss damage, you must change "warcry calculation mode" from average to max hit. While it can look overoptimistic, it is not when bossing: it only means your hit procs Fist of War and the last exertion from Seismic Cry. With Emberwake it only requires some anticipation: you enter the arena with only 2 remaining exerts; you slam once, wait for Fist of War to be up (a bit more than 1 sec; during this time you can cast some Storm Brands around and dodge the boss's first hit), then slam again. Ignite from second slam is exactly max hit, and the first one is a bit lower, around 85%, so your total DPS from both ignites is arount 185% of max hit ignite.
(As a matter of fact, the combined total damage shown in PoB is also an underestimation, as for some reason it still computes the second ignite as an average one)

Just by changing this, and correcting your Shock value to 36% (15 basis from Shaper of Storms, 94% increased from unbound ailments, doryani's fist and tree, then 25% more from Shaper of Storms), your max hit ignite dps is around 1M, which is more or less what my budget version does. Remember that your real boss dps is even higher as you stack two ignites.
You can easily buff your dps by using cluster jewels - your PoB shows you picked both cluster slots but you don't use them for now.
"
PoitelMarto написал:
"
mochmaster написал:
Any ideas to incorporate either Berek's Respite or abberaths hooves into the build for the huge ignite chains. For Berek's I figured you could take shaper of flames and drop stormfire, however that seems to impact EE bc of the added lightning.

Berek's Respite really doesn't fit into the build because EE indeed; I think it's too much dps to lose to slot it in in the current version of the build. Maybe we could replace Emberwake with Maligaro's Artifice and put Lightning Elemental in it, but I'm not sure the EE would hit bosses reliably, and losing Emberwake is a dps/damage loss in itself.

However, Abberath's Hooves could be used for mapping if you manage to cap resists without relying on rare boots. Both enchant and Hunter's ignite mod are not required for regular mapping, so you're only losing some hp and move speed. However, capping chaos will require some investment either on jewels or upgrading the rest of your gear; again, on regular, not-too-juiced maps, 30-40% chaos res is enough to clear most T16 maps.

I'm not sure whether either Berek's or Abberath's hooves really speed up the clear compared to a regular Fan the Flames - I will give it a try when I cap lightning res without boots !

I imagine that because i had pierce on BA, that could cause bigger proliferation vs something like the fist.
Скрытый текст
"
PoitelMarto написал:
Apparently I forgot to mention this in the guide, but if you want to have a reay estimation of your boss damage, you must change "warcry calculation mode" from average to max hit. While it can look overoptimistic, it is not when bossing: it only means your hit procs Fist of War and the last exertion from Seismic Cry. With Emberwake it only requires some anticipation: you enter the arena with only 2 remaining exerts; you slam once, wait for Fist of War to be up (a bit more than 1 sec; during this time you can cast some Storm Brands around and dodge the boss's first hit), then slam again. Ignite from second slam is exactly max hit, and the first one is a bit lower, around 85%, so your total DPS from both ignites is arount 185% of max hit ignite.
(As a matter of fact, the combined total damage shown in PoB is also an underestimation, as for some reason it still computes the second ignite as an average one)

Just by changing this, and correcting your Shock value to 36% (15 basis from Shaper of Storms, 94% increased from unbound ailments, doryani's fist and tree, then 25% more from Shaper of Storms), your max hit ignite dps is around 1M, which is more or less what my budget version does. Remember that your real boss dps is even higher as you stack two ignites.
You can easily buff your dps by using cluster jewels - your PoB shows you picked both cluster slots but you don't use them for now.

Tyvm sir <3
So, I've done some testing as promised. I will update my second post (empty for now) with more detailed info, but so far:

- Abberath's Hooves don't fasten up the build very much for regular mapping, including closed layouts. Tested Channel, Wasted Pool, then 20/40/60% delirious Wasted Pool for more monster density; even then the gain was limited, and negligible in 60% delirious where the lack of "ignites deal damage faster" hunter mod on boots started to matter. Also tested 100% delirious low tier maps, but again clear is helped only by a tiny margin in delirious areas.

However, the gain was much more substancial in Blighted Maps and Delve. I'm around depth 200 right now, and it sometimes required only two or three slams to go from one node to another with Hooves ! Blighted maps are a piece of cake now, one slam burns any wave to the ground, offscreen kills happen everytime.

- Now that I changed Kaom's Heart for a rare chest with "10% life as extra ES", I put all golems in chest with culling strike and empower, and added a cwdt Steelskin + Frost Shield link for some defense. However, as a faster mapping option, a 6-linked Shield Charge with Fortify, Elemental damage, Physical to Lightning, unbound ailments and burning damage clears non-rares in non-delirium maps without requiring stop-and-slam, effectively saving quite some time. Accuracy problems can be solved with running both Fan of Flames (so hitting one mob in a pack will ignite all) and Abberath's Hooves for even more spread. Even with my 5L chest the result was decent, I believe 6L shield charge can clear most content quite fast.

- It is possible to run Incandescent Heart as chestpiece, altough it changes the build in several ways. You will run Shaper of Flames to get some value out of the extra chaos damage, and Divine Flesh instead of Corrupted Soul for 75% damage taken as chaos. You can drop Bastion of Elements for the same reason. You need to raise your maximum chaos resistance, so a Hunter shield (or a shield with a delve mod) is required, and probably two small cluster chaos jewels with Born of Chaos, and if possible having the "+1% to all maximum resistances" corruption on Incandescent Heart. As you don't need Stormfire anymore, you can use a rare ring (Vermillion or Steel rings are best, or amethyst if you have a hard time reaching the 90% chaos res), with the possibility to craft the "shocks nearby enemies when you focus" and so replacing Shaper of Storms with Mastermind of Discord.

All in all, you've better chaos mitigation, similar elemental ehp (more against hits with penetration, less on -X% resistances maps), much less physical ehp as you lose some HP and all ES. Most of all, you lose the free ES recovery on kill from the Fist, so your life goes down much more while mapping; you don't die much, but it feels way less safe than the original version.
However, damage is superior by a fair margin and you can cwdt both Steelskin and Frost Shield (with ES having no other use), which gives reasonable tankiness for bossing and more damage. Deathless Uber Elder is pretty easy with this version, you just have to check Shaper slams.

- Not tested yet, pure theorycraft: Berek's Respite + Malachai's Artifice with Lightning Golem seems to have similar dps (ie 1,8 times more dps per ignite but no ignite stack). I'm not sure Lightning Elemental procs EE reliably during boss fights, especially Maven's invitations. You won't have EE at all while mapping, which is fine as long as you don't run 40%+ delirious maps; if you want to do so, stick to the original build.
Mantra of Flames gives a huge flat damage that helps compensate the impossibility to stack ignites.
This change can fit both with regular chest (Kaom's or rare with extra ES) or the Incandescent Heart option; in the latter, you must stick to Shaper of Storms as you can't run a rare ring for shock.

All these options have pros and cons compared to the original version. If you want to do some testing with me while waiting for next league, you're most welcome. I'm waiting for the announcements to update the build for 3.14 !
Looks really cool. Gonna give it a try next league
Последняя редакция: Imsoma. Время: 12 апр. 2021 г., 12:29:24
Thinking about running the Incandescent Heart version. Potentially a CI version if Darkness Enthroned + Stun Avoidance makes the Stun tolerable.

The Seismic nerfs look painful though. Also wondering if you will be running a different timeless jewel.
Also wondering if the new Vaal Ground Slam will work with this.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация