[3.14] Doryani's Touch ignite Elementalist|from a 30c budget to beating The Feared|10M+ ignite DPS

Hi everyone !

Now that we know how 3.14 changes will affect the build, I can sum it up.

Obviously there are no good news as the 3.14 patch is all about nerfs. Yet there are meh-but-OK changes and one big nerf.

As you guessed, the major downgrade is the change to Seismic Cry, with only 20% more per previous exert (apparently the base 30% more is unchanged). It means the final slam now totals 134% more effect (30% more, then 4x20= 80% more) instead of 186% more (30% more, then 4x30= 120% more). All in all, it means about 18% less damage in the end. Quite a lot when it comes to slay the toughest bosses.

The rest is OK: the slight nerf of Bastion of Elements seems fair, and Corrupted Soul still provides a huge amount of ES, though we lose ~400 ES.

Only one good news of sort: as most of our gear is unique, we won't lose too much power due to the harvest nerf as compared to most of other builds, including ignite builds. It won't be possible to get high-tier boots without crazy amounts of currency, but I actually used Abberath's Hooves after I hit lvl 100, so no problem here. Ideally you'd want a pair with just some life, lightning enchant and hunter's ignite mod for bossing, and use Abberath's for mapping. Note that the change in the Labirynth might be quite nice as well to get our boots enchanted.

All in all:
- The build stays viable especially as league-starter/early mapper (remember that you'll need to act with another skill, such as Divine Ire ignite, as you can't equip Doryani's Fist before lvl 64)
- Slight but acceptable nerf in defenses
- Heavy nerf as for damage; high-end bossing will be tougher, but should still be feasible.

- Because it has more damage and doesn't use either Corrupted Soul or Bastion of Elements as defenses, the Incandescent Heart version now seems a bit stronger than the regular Kaom's Heart/rare chest version.
- Due to how hard it will be to craft a high-tier amulet, it may be better to run Primordial Chain for stronger and more reliable golem buffs. However I doubt sacrificing 3 jewel slots for The Anima Stone + 2x Primordial Harmony is worth it.

"
HamsterTrainer написал:
Thinking about running the Incandescent Heart version. Potentially a CI version if Darkness Enthroned + Stun Avoidance makes the Stun tolerable.

The Seismic nerfs look painful though. Also wondering if you will be running a different timeless jewel.

Also wondering if the new Vaal Ground Slam will work with this.

IH appears to be our best option indeed. I tried theoryfracting CI but I wasn't convinced, however now that Abyss jewels give up to 20% stun avoidance, combining Darkness Enthroned with a 50% stun avoidance Cinderswallow grants stun immunity for mapping without requiring "the 10% chance to avoid stun" jewel implicit. Definitely worth considering, as CI version has access to 3 cluster slots, which should mitigate the damage nerf quite a lot !

As for Vaal Ground Slam, I'm not a fan of Vaal skills, so I won't test it. Damage effectiveness is quite lower than the Touch, but you can run another support, so it should do similar damage, but it requires 6L to work instead of just 4 slots in gloves. Hence I wouldn't recommend it as league-starter. Later on it may be an option though.
Have a link for the 3.14 skill tree? The one in the original post won't load in my PoB. Thanks.
All PoB links should be up-to-date !

I added my previous post as a 3.14 update in the OP.

For now I'm struggling to level up with all issues yesterday/this morning (EU time) and my own laggy connection, but I'm confident the nerf to damage won't matter until the very, very late game.
Just re-downloaded and realized I was very behind.
Последняя редакция: LordPerth. Время: 17 апр. 2021 г., 13:52:17
I am late to the party on this build but I figured I would give it a try. Why is it that sometimes I feel like I am doing zero damage? Like I will hit a mob and it won't even do any ignite damage at all - particularly unique bosses.
"
generalchaos написал:
I am late to the party on this build but I figured I would give it a try. Why is it that sometimes I feel like I am doing zero damage? Like I will hit a mob and it won't even do any ignite damage at all - particularly unique bosses.

I can't see your character in your profile, but I can guess you don't have 100% chance to ignite yet. This can happen at level 80 if you equip Stormfire and respec Shaper of Flames without having 100% chance to ignite; if so, you can simply change one support gem to Combustion, and it should solve it all.

At the start of last league, I indeed had some issues with Shaper of Flames not working, ie all damage counted for ignites but it sometimes missed, but it seemed to me it had been corrected since then. In the meantime I had raised ignite chance to 100% (combustion and/or jewels).
Thank you that explains a lot to me now. For some reason I thought change to ignite was 100%. Thank you!
Hi, nice build sounds fun to try!!

I have an old elementalist level 89 so I respect and try your build to have some fun.

I just don't know how to get 100 % ignite to switch to shaper of storm (the Non-budget version)
Following your tree I have actually 70 % ignite.How do you manage to go 100 % ? Looking you tree you have 40% chance to Ignite via the tree and 10% chance to Ignite via equipment.
Is there something I didn't understand ?

I have an old elementalist level 89 so I respect and try your build to have some fun.

I just don't know how to get 100 % ignite to switch to shaper of storm (the Non-budget version)
Following your tree I have actually 70 % ignite.How do you manage to go 100 % ? Looking you tree you have 40% chance to Ignite via the tree and 10% chance to Ignite via equipment.

"
Padamphet написал:

You need to roll/buy medium cluster jewels with Cooked Alive if you want to transition from budget to regular version, as each Cooked Alive gives 15% chance to ignite, and these stack, on top of reducing enemies' fire resistance. With Eye of Malice increasing negative resistance, Cooked Alive is the best damage option, so the ignite chance comes with no drawback.

If you check the budget tree, it offers 70% chance to ignite, plus 10% from Emberwake; the last 20% come from "% chance to ignite" mod on jewels. With one Cooked Alive cluster, you can change 3 jewels and replace them with better mods (fire damage multi, burning damage, lightning damage, life, chaos res, etc depending on your needs); the second Cooked alive allows to replace the last jewel and drop Holy Dominion. More than two copies won't change much when it comes to ignite chance, but are still worth it for raw damage increase.

In the meantime, you must either:
- Stick to budget tree (don't forget to allocate the "chance to ignite and ignite speed" next to Holy Fire) and use jewels to hit 100% ignite
- Stick to Master of flames
- Use Combustion as support to Doryani's Touch (worst option imho if you have another skill inflicting the combustion debuff, such as Storm Brand/Orb of Storms)

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация