[3.24] Bane/Blight Occultist Starter

"
Mitsch287 написал:
Hi, thanks for the detailed guide!

startign this as my second character of the league, was wodnering if an ashes of the stars would benefit this build? got 1 and was wondering if i can use it on this build or is a rare one better ?

Hi and good luck :) You may find one that works out better but Ashes is still a good option and it's hard to compare some benefits from gem quality. A little detail is that it's easier to meet your attribute requirements with rare ones, so it can be a bit annoying, but it's solvable. Not sure if you're going to skip Allelopathy but mind that Ashes won't affect the Blight version they grant, too.
What Wildwood Ascendancy would you suggest?
"
ShadowKirian написал:
What Wildwood Ascendancy would you suggest?

The Primalist, see the earlier post. Starting with the Warden has its benefits though and you can skip gems like Immortal Call and Void Sphere to use at least one option from the Oath of the Maji:
- The bonus resistances let you replace Purity of Elements with Malevolence. There's a spell suppression mastery making you ignore elemental ailments from spells, but you'd have to deal with other cases yourself.
- Doubling defences on your body armour can make sense if you're just starting maps with something like the Beast Fur Shawl.
- More movement speed is never a bad choice either.
Последняя редакция: Xayazi. Время: 8 янв. 2024 г., 6:42:20
No questions, just wanted to say that this build is the most fun I've ever had playing PoE. Thank you for putting the guide together with a bunch of resources for how to craft wands and stuff.
"
Xayazi написал:
"
DyslexicEvo написал:
Do you have a list of mods from charms that work well with this build.

I'm using:
> +(3–4) to Evasion Rating per 1 Maximum Energy Shield on Equipped Helmet
> 2 x (9–12)% chance for Energy Shield Recharge to start when you Suppress Spell Damage
> 2 x (14–20)% increased Effect of Withered
> Magic Utility Flasks applied to you have (11–15)% increased Effect
This gives me some damage and better attack damage avoidance + ES recovery.

Some other ones that can be useful:
> Banner Skills have no Reservation
> +(31–40) to Strength and Intelligence
> +(10–15)% chance to Suppress Spell Damage
> (8–12)% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills

I just got one that has 14% chance to suppress spell damage and 8% chance to inflict withered for 2 seconds on hit... please tell me Blight/bane count as hits in this context?

Again, great build, thank you for all your investment and continued responses. Build is really coming together, just looking to upgrade gloves, boots and helmet now... still haven't even seen an Iolite ring either.
"
Darkhorse23 написал:
I just got one that has 14% chance to suppress spell damage and 8% chance to inflict withered for 2 seconds on hit... please tell me Blight/bane count as hits in this context?

Again, great build, thank you for all your investment and continued responses. Build is really coming together, just looking to upgrade gloves, boots and helmet now... still haven't even seen an Iolite ring either.

Thank you :) Blight and Bane don't have a hit component, so they can't utilize this modifier. If you place a Void Sphere on a rare monster surrounded by a pack and explode it with Profane Bloom, the rare one will get a few stacks from it, but I probably wouldn't keep it long term.

Iolite rings can be relatively rare but it's also possible that they don't show up on your filter - you can buy one for crafting for a few chaos orbs.
Hey there! Kinda wondering where to go next in terms of gear if you could peak my character? Pretty low on currency atm but maybe saving for Watcher's Eye? I'm never all that good at making money fast tho so it will take some time. haha

EDIT: also having trouble squeezing in malevolence even with enlighten and reservation on helm? wondering where else you're picking it up :O
Последняя редакция: Naxek. Время: 10 янв. 2024 г., 10:10:01
"
Naxek написал:
Hey there! Kinda wondering where to go next in terms of gear if you could peak my character? Pretty low on currency atm but maybe saving for Watcher's Eye? I'm never all that good at making money fast tho so it will take some time. haha

There are two things related to charms:
1) You can't really utilize leech, so one of your charms could be better. I probably wouldn't keep your last charm either, but that slot can depend on your other decisions.
2) You're at 90% chance to suppress spell damage (while not on full ES), so maybe you can fix it with a charm or use the mastery making it lucky.

Otherwise, there are multiple areas where you can optimize, but at this point it's up to you how you want to go about it - especially as it starts to cost significant time and/or money.

Watcher's Eye with chaos resistance would let you respec Tolerance and its points, but it's only one of the options - sometimes you can get the right configuration with jewels/cluster jewels/gear anyway.

If it's more damage you're seeking, you could try to improve your right wand and maybe work in Malevolence with small reservation efficiency cluster jewels, Enlighten, and the helmet implicit or charms. Then you can even add the corresponding Watcher's Eye, but Malevolence is a big opportunity cost to consider. [edit] Just saw your edit - I think two small cluster jewels are necessary, then some general reservation efficiency on top of that. You can load my character (Savthalhi) in PoB to compare.

You could replace Bated Breath with a crystal belt - I pick something like this. It's because of the suffixes that can be allocated for resistances, so they don't make a problem elsewhere. Armour doesn't matter. Increased ES recovery rate and regeneration help to make up for the lost recharge rate.

You amulet is good, especially defensively, but you could still squeeze more from that slot.

Sometimes I craft multiple rings in attempt to get some good ones with % increased ES from the Crusader's mod pool.

If you work on your rings/amulet, consider the ES/evasion mastery providing 20% increased ES if you have evasion modifiers on both of your rings (it should be better than flat mods on them) and 40% increased ES recharge rate if you have an evasion modifier on your amulet.

You can always look for a better chest (700+ ES), although you might need to link it yourself. If you can't find one with a good recharge start mod, it's replaceable with the Watcher's Eye modifier for Discipline. Similarly, there's more ES to get from a helmet slot.
Последняя редакция: Xayazi. Время: 10 янв. 2024 г., 11:07:17
Thank you for the breakdown. Yes I can see most of my accessories need work, but we are getting into the territory where things start getting pricey! I didn't know about that ES/evasion mastery though that's cool. I think I can just about figure out the reservation using charms if I take out the worse of the two spell supp charms and go with lucky. which should still put me around 99%, I think?
The patch notes almost don't affect the build this time, except we can't use Phase Run on left-click anymore. I'm planning to use it together with Immortal Call and Automation, resigning from Cast when Damage Taken.

Looking forward to potential new modifiers in the league crafting system.

Links: guide (google doc), PoB: https://pobb.in/u/Xayazi/bbocc.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация