[1.1.0] ShinyGyarados' Dual Flame Totem Templar

Loving this build, my gear is quite mediocre and I am running 66 maps like they are nothing, only lightning thorns give me problems I just skip any mobs with it. I was doing piety runs as well but I have to proactively cast temporal chains on the titty bitches way too often or my totems die pretty quickly. Other than that, build is great, plays safe, doesn't need gear, shreds mobs. A+
"
IMustPro написал:
Loving this build, my gear is quite mediocre and I am running 66 maps like they are nothing, only lightning thorns give me problems I just skip any mobs with it. I was doing piety runs as well but I have to proactively cast temporal chains on the titty bitches way too often or my totems die pretty quickly. Other than that, build is great, plays safe, doesn't need gear, shreds mobs. A+
Thanks! :D
"
Derofors написал:
seems a solid build, i had to change some parts for being able to play this in invasion league :

http://tinyurl.com/obektag

i try to go to iron reflexes aswell for survivability, so thats why i have those 3 points under the life at the templar tree to get faster at iron reflexes.

stats :
Скрытый текст
+253 to Strength
+134 to Dexterity
+195 to Intelligence
+137.5 to maximum Mana
+208.5 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
80% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
54% increased Elemental Damage
+30% to all Elemental Resistances
246% increased maximum Life
62% increased Armour
34% increased maximum Energy Shield
Spells Cast by Totems have 6% increased Cast Speed
Attacks used by Totems have 10% increased Attack Speed
3% increased Effect of Buffs on You
24% increased maximum Mana
90% increased Totem Damage
65% increased Fire Damage
+12% to Chaos Resistance
35% increased Casting Speed for Summoning Totems
2% of Life Regenerated per Second
+15% to Fire Resistance
44% increased Totem Life
50% increased Totem Duration
Can summon up to 1 additional totem
You can't deal Damage with your Skills yourself
Totems have 16% additional Physical Damage Reduction
Totems gain +25% to all Elemental Resistances
24% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour. Dexterity provides no bonus to Evasion Rating
+2% to maximum Fire Resistance
+2% to maximum Cold Resistance
+2% to maximum Lightning Resistance
+39% Energy Shield
+50.6% increased Melee Physical Damage
+268 Accuracy Rating
26.8% increased Evasion Rating

I agree, this is a great alternative if you want more survivability.
At level 53 atm with my own small variation of this build. So far so good (though I've died sometimes). But what to do about mobs that keep running away from the totems? For example Thornrunner (Spine Serpent), the boss of the Hidden Patch corrupted area? He constantly keeps his distance from the totems and shoots projectiles from beyond their range.

Also, some other questions, I'm using these boots at the moment, to get the dexterity needed for leveling the GMP gem. It's a really cheap unique (1c), but is this something I could keep wearing until late game or not? And how much difference does the "Adds 12-24 fire damage" actually make?

And for scepters and wands, what would be best.
Pure % increased spell damage? Or is % increased elemental damage or % increased fire damage just as effective? Or a combination of those 3?

Also got kinda lucky when this dropped

But for now I'm still putting down only one Flame totem combined with a Searing Bond one (with blood magic) cause it takes so long before I can cast another flame totem. Still seems effective though.
How tanky are the totems? I'm currently running a searing bond built and I'm thinking of switching to flame totem, but I'd like feedback on how tanky you guys feel your flame totems are

i _highly_ recommend you to use a totem with as much quality as possible. this build works pretty fine, but due to the high manacost you can't really spam those totems. i also use the zombies + life+ ele res to distract mobs from my totems, works good :) i guess with good quality and most of the def-totemnodes you will be able to cast a new totem before the old one dies in most of the cases. if you are not to greedy and use your brain they are tanky enough :)

EDIT:
there are some invasion bosses you have to play around in the early to midgame, basicly everything that leaps, teleports, stuns, permafreezes, or does huge AoE can easily kill you if you run unprepared into them! i avoid this by placing a totem in front of me every 5 secs or so and keeping 3 zombies at my side all the time to see what jumps at them, but besides playing a bit more carefully i hadn't any probs so far, solo'd all the way to cruel and was able to kill each boss and clear each vaal area i came across.

PS:
i also tryed 1 flametotem + 1 searingbond with remote mine, doesn't make a noticeable differnce in killing, but makes it easier to run away from vicious mobs while killing them :) also you can focus more on specific mobs and its not as manahungry as 2x flametotem
the remote mine may be overkill, but hey, 30%+ dmg for pressing a button? why not :)

i'd suggest a cast when stunned + enduring cry + immortal call, as being stunned is really bad
with the searing bond i fall in love with a quartz flask
, as being stucked in mobs is pretty bad, too.
but this are all unnecessary playarounds, the 2x flametotems really rock :)
Последняя редакция: Nikkaj. Время: 20 марта 2014 г., 22:52:08
Thanks for build. I have few questions though.

Are all of these nodes like Ironwood really necessary? Because it takes so much passives to reach them, so i have some doubts.

What about Witch variation for the same build, with some reduced mana/buff effect nodes, but w/o Ironwood and Scion start area:

Скрытый текст
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMAAnEC4wSzB2MHpQj0DH0OSBB_EZYUTRbzFy8ZhRo4GmwfAiQ8JKoksCY8JpUnqSlPKhMqjSycLKctHy9vL50xiDbFNtg26TrYRKtJG0lRSbJN2FBCVUtVrlXGVdZXK1nzWitabWKsZOdtGW17cLt5A3_GgKSBb4IQgpuG0YdljDaMdo9Gj6aQVZeFnC2dqp2unjyiAKIuoqOj8qSxpwinXKeEp5Svt7iTwBrAVMHzxp7PZdDQ0f3Wndgk2RPfsONq5CLljuaB7DjsVfAf-tI=

Will it work? Or flame totem survivability will be too bad?
Последняя редакция: silverthorne. Время: 21 марта 2014 г., 2:28:30
"
silverthorne написал:
Thanks for build. I have few questions though.

Are all of these nodes like Ironwood really necessary? Because it takes so much passives to reach them, so i have some doubts.

What about Witch variation for the same build, with some reduced mana/buff effect nodes, but w/o Ironwood and Scion start area:

Скрытый текст
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMAAnEC4wSzB2MHpQj0DH0OSBB_EZYUTRbzFy8ZhRo4GmwfAiQ8JKoksCY8JpUnqSlPKhMqjSycLKctHy9vL50xiDbFNtg26TrYRKtJG0lRSbJN2FBCVUtVrlXGVdZXK1nzWitabWKsZOdtGW17cLt5A3_GgKSBb4IQgpuG0YdljDaMdo9Gj6aQVZeFnC2dqp2unjyiAKIuoqOj8qSxpwinXKeEp5Svt7iTwBrAVMHzxp7PZdDQ0f3Wndgk2RPfsONq5CLljuaB7DjsVfAf-tI=

Will it work? Or flame totem survivability will be too bad?

I'm running a searing bond build, and I found the damage reduction of Ironwood making a huge difference to my totem. Had my doubts initially until I saw how much sturdier my totems became while doing Piety farms.
i agree. normally, when you build a (HC-) character, survivability comes first. now that your totems are in the middle of the action you have to skill them as tanky as possible, they are your life insurance. if they die too fast you will follow soon :). they tank and melt everything away (up to cruel, i am not in merc yet) i just have to look for as much life as possible and nearly maxed resis. i am using a tabu + goldrim+ auraseize+ wheel of stormsail and i am in no real danger due to the tankyness of my totems, life comes from belt, boots and jewelery (1.4k right now). i dont think i have to switch my MF gear before reaching act3
"
Vulpix0r написал:

I'm running a searing bond build, and I found the damage reduction of Ironwood making a huge difference to my totem. Had my doubts initially until I saw how much sturdier my totems became while doing Piety farms.

Thanks for answer, finally i think about variation like that (212% life)
Скрытый текст

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMAAnEC4wSzB2MHpQj0EMwUTRZvFvMZhRo4GmwfAiQ8JKomPCepJ-0pTyoTK7YsnCynLR8vnTGINZI2xTbpOtg8LT8nRKtJG0lRSbJKxErITdhVrlXGVytZ81orWm1cDG0ZbqpyqXhpeQN_xoFvghCHZYjxjEaMdo9Gj6aQVZwtna6ePKIAoqOj8qcIp1ynhKeUrKqvt7Xytz64k8AawFTB88T2xq7PZdDQ0f3UFdgk37DjauQi5oHqGOw48B_z3fau9zL4k_jr_go=

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация