1.0.6b Patch Notes

"
Vahnn написал:
"
Xyre написал:
As it is now a summoner will get to merciless and be unable to summon appropriate level corpses. Summoners will be doing level 70+ maps before they can even summon a level 66 corpse...that is a bit silly :/

Perhaps with the desecrate ability yes, but not in actuality. In fact, many summoners do, and have no problem clearing level 70+ maps with level 65/66/67 spectres (lunaris2/3/Dominus). Desecrate in it's current state still makes things easier.

Let's say you want to get a Burned Miscreation. Before desecrate, you'd go get your zombies, go to Lunaris 2, let the zombies do the work, then raise your spectres. If your zombies couldn't quite handle the heat, you'd go get spectres from a lower difficulty and let them do the work instead.

Now, if your desecrate isn't high enough for what you want, you can still summon spectres with it, and then use those to go get higher ones from the map itself. Or you can just be lazy and use the desecrate ones, since the chances are high that they'll be able to take care of business anyway well enough on their own as it is.

One rather amazing (and silly) thing about summoners, is that they can still use spectres from the previous difficulty well into the current difficulty. If you don't believe me, go raise Cruel BMs, Evangelists, Fire Alchs, Flame Sentinels etc. and take them to Merciless Ledge/Fellshrine/wherever. As long as your passives are solid, and you've been leveling your gems & supports, they'll carry you through the content seamlessly.

Desecrate still makes getting spectres 100% safe and easy. The change really isn't all that bad as it seems to be.

Remember, it's also an awesome skill for summoners (and any chars now) to use in new maps as a tool for scouting out what kind of monster spawns you get. There are many ways to think outside the box.

Lower level spectres do make a difference even with every minion passive, mainly in health and how quickly they can die. Before this patch you could prepare your zombies and spectres all at once...desecrate was convenient, now its not, you add that to the fact that the change screws up DD builds and you have a situation where people are unhappy. You failed to mention anything about detonate dead in your rebuttal. You also failed to mention why the change was so important or why not just making it based on player level/area level wouldn't solve everything, but thanks for responding?
"
Xyre написал:
Lower level spectres do make a difference even with every minion passive, mainly in health and how quickly they can die. Before this patch you could prepare your zombies and spectres all at once...desecrate was convenient, now its not, you add that to the fact that the change screws up DD builds and you have a situation where people are unhappy. You failed to mention anything about detonate dead in your rebuttal. You also failed to mention why the change was so important or why not just making it based on player level/area level wouldn't solve everything, but thanks for responding?

I still don't really see how it screws up DD builds. DD builds were awesome (if built properly) long before desecrate was introduced. Before desecrate scaled, there was a brief period where you could make a CoCS - desecrate - DD build with spec/GMP/loads of crit and cause all sorts of crazy hell with just a level 1 Desc. & DD.

The truth in the matter is it wasn't a nerf. GGG just rushed the skill out and goofed up by forgetting to make it do what it was meant to do. The short period where we had our little 'no penalty' desecrate was unintended. I'm not saying people shouldn't give skill feedback on desecrate itself, I'm saying whining about a nerf isn't going to help matters.

Desecrate is actually still quite abusable in it's current state, and in games like these, it's unfortunately the potential for abuse that sometimes has to dictate balance.
"
s010910 написал:

Having tested it, there is not sufficient proof regarding this.

We took a level x gem, detonated dead in PVP, then used the same gem with a total of +3 levels and repeated the detonate dead on it. Needless to say the damage was higher. The required level of this gem never changed, but the corpse level did, leading to the belief that the corpse levels can proceed beyond level 68.

I tested it as well. Take a level 1 desecrate into a high level area and detonate them. Minimal damage.
But the issue isnt that levels increase the level corpses. Its that there is a 'maximum' level of the corpses. Hard capped at 68 once the desecrate reaches level 20.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Последняя редакция: SkyCore. Время: 3 февр. 2014 г., 23:07:33
"
Vahnn написал:
"
Xyre написал:

I still don't really see how it screws up DD builds. DD builds were awesome (if built properly) long before desecrate was introduced. Before desecrate scaled, there was a brief period where you could make a CoCS - desecrate - DD build with spec/GMP/loads of crit and cause all sorts of crazy hell with just a level 1 Desc. & DD.

The truth in the matter is it wasn't a nerf. GGG just rushed the skill out and goofed up by forgetting to make it do what it was meant to do. The short period where we had our little 'no penalty' desecrate was unintended. I'm not saying people shouldn't give skill feedback on desecrate itself, I'm saying whining about a nerf isn't going to help matters.

Desecrate is actually still quite abusable in it's current state, and in games like these, it's unfortunately the potential for abuse that sometimes has to dictate balance.

True it can be abused, however my point is you could keep the spectre convenience allow for the DD benefits(area leveled corpses spawned) without gimping it late game while avoiding abusive mechanics.
Последняя редакция: Xyre. Время: 3 февр. 2014 г., 23:29:51
"
s010910 написал:
I honestly don't understand all the complaints.

Is it really that difficult to level a gem to get added bonus. As it stood, you got the same bonus from a level 20 gem as you did from a level 1 gem (as far as Corpse level is concerned).

Now, we get rewarded for leveling our gems, as the game should be.

And just as a side note, you can increase the level of the gem with Empower and this will increase the Corpse level.

First, you don't play a summoner.

Second, Empower never raises the required level of a gem, or people would need to be level 83 to use +6 setups. This means the corpses are capped at 68, and it will take you until you are level 85 to be able to use those corpses if you put the gem on right at it's level req.

Last, of course a level x gem +3 will do more damage then just a level x gem. We need to see a level 20 gem +3 to see if there is really a difference, but I highly doubt that from other tests like this I've seen.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
Последняя редакция: Dellusions. Время: 3 февр. 2014 г., 23:48:17
"
Dellusions написал:
"
s010910 написал:

Is it really that difficult to level a gem to get added bonus. As it stood, you got the same bonus from a level 20 gem as you did from a level 1 gem (as far as Corpse level is concerned).

And just as a side note, you can increase the level of the gem with Empower and this will increase the Corpse level.

Second, Empower never raises the required level of a gem, or people would need to be level 83 to use +6 setups. This means the corpses are capped at 68, and it will take you until you are level 85 to be able to use those corpses if you put the gem on right at it's level req.

What makes you think I don't have a summoner?

Secondly, please see the following:

"
s010910 написал:

We took a level x gem, detonated dead in PVP, then used the same gem with a total of +3 levels and repeated the detonate dead on it. Needless to say the damage was higher. The required level of this gem never changed, but the corpse level did, leading to the belief that the corpse levels can proceed beyond level 68.

Edit: Yes, we don't know if it will break level 68 until a level 18+ gem is available (test level 20 and 21), but from testing lower levels we can atleast see that raising the gem level will raise the corpse level, and with the way every other gem works, I don't see why it wouldn't. Only time will tell anyway.
Последняя редакция: s010910. Время: 3 февр. 2014 г., 23:54:07
"
Dellusions написал:
"
s010910 написал:

Last, of course a level x gem +3 will do more damage then just a level x gem. We need to see a level 20 gem +3 to see if there is really a difference, but I highly doubt that from other tests like this I've seen.

That would only matter if you relied on getting your summons by desecrating them.
Why wouldn't you be able to get the summons like everyone has done before desecrate was introduced?
I don't really see what is so attractive about a skill that takes up a gem slot that can be used to do/boost dmg from my mignons.

PoE is a game I play to pass the time in the evening, so I don't give a shit about spending 2-5 mins getting those BMs from the temple.

After all its just a game... or is it?
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The problem I have most with this change isn't the fact that I have to level my desecrate gem like 10+ levels to be able to not take forever just to get my Spectres I want, its the double standard between Desecrate, and DD.

DD's gem level has no bearing on the corpse explosion damage of the monster raised, you can DD a level 60 monster with a level 1 gem and get the level 60 hp damage.

If they're going to make a change like this were there's a direct correlation between gem level and zone level, they need to implement it evenly across the board to all skills it applies to, not just cherry pick certain skills.
"Playing jank off-meta minion builds since 2012"
Dang.. I was wondering why my Specters that I was summoning were crappy and would die easy..

No wonder!! They wrecked the Desecrate!! Looks like I have to go find the mobs myself again.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация