[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

awesome build! After some RIP on my character recently, i decided to try ur build, will going to tell u how its going on later :)
Ripped at 70 due to catacombs inv boss, the fire trapper guy and my cockiness lol, usually never run away from any inv boss, just kill them slowly if hard. Eventually had to pay for that...

So, restarting and now im witch lol. As usually some questions:

1º Flame totems again? i was looking into soul mantle+mirror shield using 2 lightning warp totems+1 searing bond, but its really that viable? Another choice would be dual totems using spell totem+flameblast for really sick damage, but they need more management.

2º About high end surviability, was thinking in a build around dual totem node+ acrobatic and all those dodge nodes, so we have big hp+nice dodge, or would that be too weird to even try?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBAcFWwW1B2MOXBB0EMwUTRUgGNsZhRo4GmwfAiSqKPopTyoTKk0rtiynLOktHzBxMHw1kjbFNuk6Qj8nQYdFfkWdRtdKfUrIS3hMs1FHVcZW-lcrWfNaK1uvXcZgbWegbBZtGW6qc1N0QXTxd9d6qn8rgh6Cm4LHgziD24Uyh2WHdojxi4yMRo2_j0aQVZrgnC2dgJ2uogCj8qTCpwinhLUEtfK3PriTwBrAVMHzxqLGrs5xz2XQ0NQj1orYJNsL3Q3dqN3z4XPjauQi6-7sOO0g8934k_no_Ev8xf4K

3º How about flame totems using blind and knockback as support, using some faster proj on a wand for example, so your totems hits from far away, and take almost 0 dmg?. Something like, flame totems+knockback+blind+fire pen+gmp on 5L, the 6L would be faster casting or added chaos dmg.

4º Also wondering about the life leech totems can have, they are obtained by gear like unique pawn, right? would that make totems unkillable?
"
korzasa написал:
Alright, after trying some other builds I decided to run this build AGAIN because it was a breeze until I ripped at that flameblast thingy... Will see how far I can get this time :D

What do you think about getting Soul Mantle unique later on? 3 Totems might be cool^^

If you do play extra careful, and are quick and liberal with warding flasks... go ahead. Otherwise, I'd suggest them only for boss encounters when you've cleared the map/invader. :) For some monster dmg. And if you wanna try out spell totem builds. :)

What ninurto said applies, our totems in aren't gods of all tankings... for general usage in invasion league, I wouldn't be safe with it. For fun sure, but only if careful. Otherwise, dmg is imo good as it is.

"
sirdaxman написал:
Just starting ac3 Merc, so far strongest build i ever had.
Well, this is my current gear, 77% res on all and 49% on chaos with all these:

Should i use increased durantion instead of frost wall con the cwdt? so far its been nice to push back some melees and some ranged, gives some breathe in some sutations. I would remove faster projectiles if i find a good weapon with some proj speed mod on it, and replace it with faster casting or added chaos. Testing vaal summon and so far its nice for boss encounters, but u know, if the boss is hard so u need that mob, they will die fast anyway so not that great, just another panic button so they can agro a bit. Will replace purity of elements as soon i can max res without it and add es aura. Or maybe just add es aura and make a 4L with all those. So far having trouble with AA so im afraid of upping it too much, maybe when i get to EB node then..

Always glad to hear it's working good. btw That's some sweeeet choas res.

About those... Up to you, test it on a lower lvl area for safety. Both options are good (frostwall/inc dur). Also about AA... just keep whole degen below your mana regen. By 20% at least at start till you get your mana and mana regen nodes.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
"
TommyLee68 написал:
Hi GoranH!

I've been playing this build up to merc now, and I just wanted to give you some feedback about my experience.

First of all, thank you very much for making such a detailed guide for people who haven't played that much. I personally found your guide very helpful!

I had problems with pretty much the exact areas you said I would...mainly those thorns in battlefront and barracks. Other than that it has been smooth sailing so far. I was lucky enough to find a 5link, so I've been running Flame Totem + GMP + Fire Penetration + Added Chaos Dmg + Reduced mana. So no problems with mana so far!

I'm playing Ambush league, and I wanted to let you know that this build works well in it. Strongboxes have been really easy, I like to place a totem on both sides of the box, click it open and Lighning warp myself out of harms way.

My problem at the moment is that I have shitty gear, so I have to work on that to get more mana and resists. But overall I've been very pleased with this build, and I've enjoyed playing it a lot.

Thanks again for doing this for us noobs! And keep up the good work you've been doing!!!

I'll go from bottom if you dont' mind. Nah we were all newbies once... for all there is that we know now. Wish I choose a better first time buidl for this game, rather I choose CI GR VP crit dagger shadow.. and I died like 400 times till I beat story, guy even said it's bad build for beginners. I didn't choose any life nodes, didn't realize how important res were... had like -20% on all in merciless think etc etc. Yeah.

Noted for Ambush, thank you for the tip! See... I'm not playin' ambush so I didn't know what could I suggest in gameplay tips section that I'm going to include. So... that works for ambush, nice.

And about that 5L if you can colour it later without much trouble... do change red. mana for faster casting. If you don't know colouring sockets (with chromatic) is heavily reliant on base item type. So it's easier to get red sockets on armour, green on evasion and blue on ES. Hybrids are generally in between two of the above.

And lastly... thank you for enjoying the build! Keep us updated. ;)

Regards,
GoranH.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
"
xslasherz написал:
awesome build! After some RIP on my character recently, i decided to try ur build, will going to tell u how its going on later :)

Please do so!

"
sirdaxman написал:
Ripped at 70 due to catacombs inv boss, the fire trapper guy and my cockiness lol, usually never run away from any inv boss, just kill them slowly if hard. Eventually had to pay for that...

So, restarting and now im witch lol. As usually some questions:

1º Flame totems again? i was looking into soul mantle+mirror shield using 2 lightning warp totems+1 searing bond, but its really that viable? Another choice would be dual totems using spell totem+flameblast for really sick damage, but they need more management.

2º About high end surviability, was thinking in a build around dual totem node+ acrobatic and all those dodge nodes, so we have big hp+nice dodge, or would that be too weird to even try?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBAcFWwW1B2MOXBB0EMwUTRUgGNsZhRo4GmwfAiSqKPopTyoTKk0rtiynLOktHzBxMHw1kjbFNuk6Qj8nQYdFfkWdRtdKfUrIS3hMs1FHVcZW-lcrWfNaK1uvXcZgbWegbBZtGW6qc1N0QXTxd9d6qn8rgh6Cm4LHgziD24Uyh2WHdojxi4yMRo2_j0aQVZrgnC2dgJ2uogCj8qTCpwinhLUEtfK3PriTwBrAVMHzxqLGrs5xz2XQ0NQj1orYJNsL3Q3dqN3z4XPjauQi6-7sOO0g8934k_no_Ev8xf4K

3º How about flame totems using blind and knockback as support, using some faster proj on a wand for example, so your totems hits from far away, and take almost 0 dmg?. Something like, flame totems+knockback+blind+fire pen+gmp on 5L, the 6L would be faster casting or added chaos dmg.

4º Also wondering about the life leech totems can have, they are obtained by gear like unique pawn, right? would that make totems unkillable?

Yeah, kinda the main issue with the build... XD Players getting too relaxed with the build in hc leagues. Kinda hard to fix that. heh
My main issue is that I get distracted easily, so mostly I have "afk" or afk-like rips... I'll be reading a message or watching something on my second screen to realize I died. XD

1* Not really viable, with atziri's mirror you still get cursed, you just put that curse on enemy as well as far as I'm aware. Light warp spell totems... nope. Totems + flameblast, not my cup of tea, especially for hc leagues. Not very reliable. Storm call totems are bit better, but still imo no no no for hc leagues. Flame totems offer best dmg imo, except for 6L Soul Mantle.

2* Considering survivability... for spike dmg, MoM is the only option, if you feel tanky at the point to go to take the highway to MoM, and play careful till you get it, and after get those good nodes you missed on the way. That dodge/spelldodge and ondar's. Forget it. That's a lvl 90 tree, I'll save you the hassle, a no go. Plus... That silly ammount of dodge, nah. And dodge and hc leagues is only viable with Lightning Coil as far as I'm concerned.

3* Knockback is ok, blind is ok, faster projectiles is ok. All those... no. Barely any dmg left. And I wouldn't count on 6L soon, by the time you get it in invasion, you'll work out everything (not counting Tabula Rasa). I'm yet to test to compare and rank usefulness. Totems will still take dmg. With that much knockback stuff will die quite slower, because less totem projectiles will hit them (from GMP/LMP) and if they push them away too far, time till they come back in dmging zone... meh. Also, rangers and spellscasters, and invaders would still be a trouble and dmg your totems. So... meh. Some of the above, sure... two even, anything more a huge waste. I'd probably use blind as first one. Don't think I have it atm to test.

4* Point is kinda you don't care about totems tankiness (that much). But if you want to make totems more tanky, by using all the above... I pressume for Soul Mantle purpose... then you've already lost way too much dmg by doing any of the above. And no matter what you do, some invaders will still wreck your totems like cheese cake, hence why I focused on mana side of things later on. :)

Hope that helps. Regards,
GoranH.
Everything is just as GoranH said, I'll just add few not so important things.

"
sirdaxman написал:

I hope you know how Flameblast work with Spell Totem. It's more like Remote Mine than Totem.

"
sirdaxman написал:

You would need to focus more on Evasion than ES, I don't even see a point in EB + Acrobatics (Acrobatics cuts half of your ES), same for Point Blank, it won't work with Spell/Flame Totem probably.
Последняя редакция: Ninurto. Время: 31 марта 2014 г., 4:06:31
"
"
GoranH написал:
"
xslasherz написал:

Please do so!

currently lv44. Mostly using searing bond now, my question is, even my searing bond linked with only increase burning damage while my flame totem link with lmp-fire pen-fast cast, my searing bond still deal way more damage than my flame totem by a lot, there no point to use flame totem now, at least at the moment. Not to mention SB cost lesser mana to cast. Is this normal? and i hope later my flame totem will outdps my sb.

anyway i enjoy following the build now :D

"
xslasherz написал:
currently lv44. Mostly using searing bond now, my question is, even my searing bond linked with only increase burning damage while my flame totem link with lmp-fire pen-fast cast, my searing bond still deal way more damage than my flame totem by a lot, there no point to use flame totem now, at least at the moment. Not to mention SB cost lesser mana to cast. Is this normal? and i hope later my flame totem will outdps my sb.

Flame totems should do more dmg than searing bond, and I'm sure they do. And to add, only links that kinda do work with Searing bond good is inc. burn dmg and fire pen, others not so much. With Flame totems things like faster cast/added chaos etc. helps while only thing that helps Searing is EE keystone.

You flame totems should do more dps and be more reliable source of dps, with the least hassle (no movement/positioning of yourself needed). Mana cost is later on not an issues, and I'm not sure about flame totem levels... and SB levels but for me, since flame totems got above 200-250 dps it did more dmg than searing, with just lmp... though I didn't use inc. burn dmg. With it, maybe level or two and addition of faster cast. I'm not sure if you're positioning your totems well, as flame totems work best at close range where they can get all projectiles in.

Anyhow... point is, flame totems outdps searing bond easily later on, only exception is EE then it can get on equal grounds, still think flame totems do better, especially since you can link useful things like blind/knockback/faster projectiles etc to it. And just the way they work. Was never a fan of Searing Bond and the way it works, it's based on your positioning, and two/three lines, hassle and not as effecient in mob clearing as multiple easy to position streams of flame. :) Plus you never need to get in close, they attack regardless of where you are.

Hope that helps. And as I said, whatever works for you... I loved flameblast, so I postponed Ancestral Bond change for a bit. If you think Searing Bond is better than Flame Totems for you... build basic outline is still fine, though you don't need that much mana reserve, for easy aura addition, and mana regen should stay the same cause AA is useful.

Regards,
GoranH
So the MoM route is the best for Invasion?
"
GoranH написал:
"
xslasherz написал:

Flame totems should do more dmg than searing bond, and I'm sure they do. And to add, only links that kinda do work with Searing bond good is inc. burn dmg and fire pen, others not so much. With Flame totems things like faster cast/added chaos etc. helps while only thing that helps Searing is EE keystone.

You flame totems should do more dps and be more reliable source of dps, with the least hassle (no movement/positioning of yourself needed). Mana cost is later on not an issues, and I'm not sure about flame totem levels... and SB levels but for me, since flame totems got above 200-250 dps it did more dmg than searing, with just lmp... though I didn't use inc. burn dmg. With it, maybe level or two and addition of faster cast. I'm not sure if you're positioning your totems well, as flame totems work best at close range where they can get all projectiles in.

Anyhow... point is, flame totems outdps searing bond easily later on, only exception is EE then it can get on equal grounds, still think flame totems do better, especially since you can link useful things like blind/knockback/faster projectiles etc to it. And just the way they work. Was never a fan of Searing Bond and the way it works, it's based on your positioning, and two/three lines, hassle and not as effecient in mob clearing as multiple easy to position streams of flame. :) Plus you never need to get in close, they attack regardless of where you are.

Hope that helps. And as I said, whatever works for you... I loved flameblast, so I postponed Ancestral Bond change for a bit. If you think Searing Bond is better than Flame Totems for you... build basic outline is still fine, though you don't need that much mana reserve, for easy aura addition, and mana regen should stay the same cause AA is useful.

Regards,
GoranH

Such informative reply! Actually fire pen don work with searing bond, jz saying( i jz noticed that too).
Placing flame totem shudn't be a problem for me, but im pretty sure my searing bond is alot stronger than flame totem right now, and yeah only thing i hate is positioning myself which is risky sometime. I think i go for full flame totem playstyle later as soon my mana is not an issue anymore. Cheers :D

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация