The Plan for Cut-Throat Mode

Regarding endgame: good to move endgame to earlier stages, maybe even remove merciless difficulty and introduce a slightly higher difficulty gradient starting cruel act1? This could be quite easily done with the map modifiers that are already in the game, for example give the areas (+x monster life/ +y monster damage/ + z monster resists/ +X% xp / +Y% rarity), starting at cruel act1 with very low values of x,y,z,X,Y and increase them further into cruel.
Also, it could be implemented that every hour or so a number of maps depending on the active player count are opened by the server, posing as endgame content at the end of cruel.

These are some basic ideas, ofc it would be necessary to think a bit closer and find the right values of the mentioned variables. But I can imagine this being more fun for cut-throat leagues!
The changes Chris suggested in the OP sound spot on and make me want to try cut-throat again when it appears. GG GGG.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
I would really enjoy a league that death has no devistating penalty, yet challenging and forcing pvp on players. Kid of like dark souls where other players come to your instance and kill you, but they dont take your items. But what incentive would they have to kill you is something grinding gear would have to figure out and implement.

Even though cutthroat sounds exciting, its too much of a loss for me and people that think like me.therefore I would like it if they made a milder league with forced/random pvp aspects.
Regarding the previous post I had, (please refer to it) it can work if players automatically entered the same instance.
"
lakalavera написал:
i really like the idea of cut-throat, but the notion of dropping all of your items really puts me off.
suggestion; have only one or two items drop from a player, and have it tied to the magic-find system.
the more IIR you have, the better the chances of your drop being magic, rare and unique.
this would force a "stalker" to prioritize. either, more damage, or better drops.

I really really like this idea. sounds very fair.

"
lakalavera написал:
instead of just the standard waypoints, have random spawn zones, when using WPs, to get out into the world.
use the those teleport objects that piety uses, and sprinkle them around the zones.
example; you want to go to mud flats, [having already activated the WP] you click the WP from town, and there you would have the option to spawn at the normal WP, or a random "piety node".

Those are called Town portal

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
Последняя редакция: Kandamo. Время: 12 марта 2014 г., 15:28:23
I like how this sounds.
my 2 cents:

- Random drop of 1-3 pieces of equipment. Not all equipment. exact number can chance.
- absolutely NO safe zones, NO safe zones.
- make it permanent (SC)
- beware of overpowerment of status illments (freeze/chilled/slowed)
- can only invade areas with players of 5 levels above or below. exact number can chance
- NO groups, we are all rambo's

I hardly play anymore but this seems really fun.
Последняя редакция: Vincemeister. Время: 12 марта 2014 г., 16:01:20
Good, cause Invasion and Softcore are not interesting at all right now.

Bring on the Humans!
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Awesome news, I posted a suggestion for this exact league around 6 weeks ago!

Please don't listen to anyone saying that "It's unfair" etc etc...

IT IS OPTIONAL..... IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE IDEA OF THE LEAGUE. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO PLAY IT.

Keep up the good work....

Also.... Please don't nerf the invasion league. By far the best hardcore league you guy's have made. The fact that it is hard is exactly what is required. Streamer's die, complain a little then theory craft a way to make the character better in the situation that they died in.

Thumbs up.
Below are a couple of ideas I've got on cutthroat, coming from an amateur player that hasn't played cutthroat previously (but is very intrigued!).

In thinking about this, I've tried to keep in mind the following:
1) The fewer built-in rules the better
2) Instead, provide incentives for players to self-regulate
3) Strive for simplicity wherever possible without re-writing the game

- IMHO, Standard (softcore) cutthroat is the way to go, with the same level/difficulty scaling as current leagues. Save GGG from having to re-invent the game. Hardcore cutthroat could be offered in shorter term leagues, but I don't see how it is sustainable long-term and probably isn't worth GGG's investment.

- Players drop everything on death, whether killed by a player or MOB. Quest obtained skill gems could be purchased from vendors appropriate to their level.

- No parties. Adds a new and enticing element to cooperative gameplay.

- Same drop rates as other leagues, and IIQ bonuses apply to number of players in zone, thus incenting some form of cooperation.

- All zones are public access, but no public knowledge of quantity/level/name of players in zone.

- Regarding controlling the number of empty zones, another option would be to limit the number of zones each player can create and simultaneously have open, while giving the player the option to close his/her own empty zones. Even with reduced zone timeouts, you might still have players creating a bunch of empty decoy zones before attempting to run through one zone solo.

- Here's an idea to discincent griefing: introduce a Sheriff NPC or message board in all towns where bounties can be posted. Sheriffs would represent the collective will of all NPC townsfolk to maintain law and order in Wreaclast by adding bounties on heads of players that hunt and kill excessively lower level players. How I envision this working is for each "effective level" (as calculated for MOBs) deficit difference between the killer and the victim, the NPC's add a consecutively higher value currency item on the killer's bounty. Say for the first effective level a chromatic orb is added as bounty, 2 effective levels is an alteration orb, 3 effective levels is a jeweler's orb, so on and so on. Players can also contribue to the pre-existing bounties. Bounties accumulate, and are collected by the player that kills the infractor. Players also have the option of paying off their own bounty for 2x the posted value. The Sheriff or message board would also provide intel on where and when the player was last spotted.

Just my 2 cents. Looking forward to it!

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация