Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
kali_h написал:
Hi there, I've been using this guide for my first PoE char. I wanted to say thanks for the guide, worked pretty well so far.
I decided that I'm going to try to get this char to level 100. Are there any suggestions to improve my char along the way?
I thought about switching from arc to vaal arc, because someone mentioned that vaal arc is working great vs legion pylons.

Dude, your gear is insane. I would say you've done an amazing job all on your own, lol.

But yes, buy a lvl 21 Vaal Arc for sure, it makes Monoliths really easy and is a huge damage boost during boss fights. They're really cheap, and gem quality doesn't matter at all for this particular one. That aside, I can only make a few small suggestions:

If you can spare the mana, the best craft for your gloves would be the increased AoE and +1 to level of socketed AoE gems.

A few of your gems are 20/20 uncorrupted; may as well try corrupting them for the chance of a lvl 21.

I don't see much increased shock effect. If you can craft 30% increased effect of non-damaging ailments onto both your boots and amulet, that's about 9% more total damage.

There's not much else I can really say. If you have enough dozens of exalts gathering dust in your stash, you could go for an Inpulsa's with the +1 to level of socketed gems (or +2 to socketed lighting gems) corruption and swap Empower in for Hypothermia to maximize damage further...it's hardly necessary, though.
Hey, thanks for taking a look at my gear, I will test the vaal arc.

"
If you can spare the mana, the best craft for your gloves would be the increased AoE and +1 to level of socketed AoE gems.

Gonna test that for sure- mana is ok right now.

"
A few of your gems are 20/20 uncorrupted; may as well try corrupting them for the chance of a lvl 21.

Yes I know, I'm waiting with corrupting until I got backup i.e. another 20/20 gem of that type. Better be save than sorry;)

"
I don't see much increased shock effect. If you can craft 30% increased effect of non-damaging ailments onto both your boots and amulet, that's about 9% more total damage.

I will try to get more resistance elsewhere, so I can afford to swap the enchant.
My belt really teared a hole into my resistance management, but it was totally worth it:)

Regarding the Inpulsa, I'm probably going to pass on that one for now. I will probably try to spend my money on one with pre-Legion stats.

Again, thanks a lot for taking a look.

As an afterthought, when I acquire enough resitance to be able to dump the neck enchant, would swapping to a solstice vigil for extended buff duration during mapping be worth a shot? (If that works at all, as I said that's my first char:))
Thank you so much for this guide from a new player learning about the game. Got a great start into the game and totally ready for the next league.

Love the build just feeling a bit low on dps for some of the tougher end game bosses and I tend to die a lot. Could be because Im new to the game and have to compensate for computer and internet lag but it feels a bit like a glass cannon on most maps.

I have some of the end game gear albeit basic versions of it (aside from 6L inpulsa) and not sure what to upgrade. It seems like only very small benefits will cost me several exalts per piece of gear.
@dlhdumptruck
replace your hybrid flask with a quartz flask- that's 10% dodge right there.
Try to get boots with the incursion mod for movement speed ( movement speed + dodge spell hit/dodge attack hits). Move the Blind setup to your boots and replace your weapon with a decent rare one- there should be cheap rare upgrades available.
Most of your jewels are lacking life. That's one of the more important stats.
You are not running clarity so you can also replace 1 jewel with Clear Mind.
Ultimately you probably want to start dual wielding instead of using a shield. Until you can afford to swap to multimodded Tiger Hooks, you should stick with wands.
Regarding your pc/internet lag, probably try to use predictive networking mode (if you aren't doing that already).
You already got gloves with cast speed, but they are lacking any resistance- you should be able to get better ones pretty cheap.
want to say thanks for that detailed guide, really nice work!
I seemed to level easier with the devouring diadem setup..

do you still have a description of that build?

As with the new setup, not using curses, the diadem is still nice, but will probably need some replacement...(and I should farm for a better body armor)

Taking down the Goddess or Abaxoth, is a bigger challange now..(although with other gear maybe that is different..still testing)
Последняя редакция: Rayina. Время: 15 авг. 2019 г., 9:33:11
"
kali_h написал:

As an afterthought, when I acquire enough resitance to be able to dump the neck enchant, would swapping to a solstice vigil for extended buff duration during mapping be worth a shot? (If that works at all, as I said that's my first char:))

Happy to help!

Regarding Solstice Vigil, I don't think it's worth sacrificing everything you can get from a great amulet for this build. If you manage to free up the slot, I'd go for an Intelligent-based Aul's Uprising with Wrath or Zealotry so you can run both auras at the same time without reserving any mana. I think that or a really good rare is the best option.
"
Rayina написал:
I seemed to level easier with the devouring diadem setup..

do you still have a description of that build?

As with the new setup, not using curses, the diadem is still nice, but will probably need some replacement...(and I should farm for a better body armor)

Taking down the Goddess or Abaxoth, is a bigger challange now..(although with other gear maybe that is different..still testing)

Not sure what you're referring to with "Goddess", but I managed to beat Abaxoth with this league's build without much of a problem. Enki seems absolutely certain that the current iteration of this build is stronger in all ways than the Eldritch Battery version from last league. Because of the nerfs to the ascendancy, you wouldn't even be able to run it currently without some crippling compromises.

If your heart is set on it nevertheless, you can take a look at my Coruscations character, which followed the build pretty closely. I haven't touched it since the league ended, so I don't know if there were any 3.7 changes that would have impacted the skill tree. Also note that I deviated from the build by using Kaom's Roots all the time; it was becoming too much of a hassle to juggle everything around for the UE fight, and the "cannot be stunned" mod on it is really strong, anyway.
@kali_h

Okay lots of helpful info here thanks!
I'm a new player and Im not sure what would be better than my current wand because it seems to me that on paper its pretty good. What could I replace it with other than crafted tiger hooks which are too pricey for me?
And how relevant is 10% dodge? I feel like I need the extra health flask because im constantly being taken down to low health despite spamming both health and hybrid flask before big groups like legion encounters.
Also really having trouble maxing out my resistances while still getting relevant stats / more damage. Without a shield, I have trouble getting enough resistances and I tend to die instantly all the time.

@dlhdumptruck
Think of 10% dodge as 10% dmg reduce with a bit more rng involved. When you are going down because of you taking many hits it will even out. When it comes to dying to one big hit, well either you dodge it or you don't.
That said keep in mind that you are building upon 30% dodge that you get from your passives. So you are already dodging 30% of the hits while 70% land.
With 10% increase to that 30% you are only getting hit 60% of the time.
As you can see this stat gets better the more you have (exponentially)
Let me explain:
99% dodge -> you gain 1% additional dodge = 100% dmg reduction gained
0% dodge -> you gain 1% additional dodge = 1 % dmg reduction gained
That's why Tiger Hooks, Boot enchant, potion all add up to something big.
(at least that's how I think of it- I hope it's true;))

Regarding weapons:
Enki posted a guideline how to filter for decent rare weapons, ie what to look out for:
When I first upgraded from uniques to rares I looked out for
Lightning Damage (Spell Damage is also fine) ~100% (wand implicit + affix)
~60% spell crit
And looked out for a helpful 3rd stat that was cheap i.e. lightning damage to spells (not attacks!), cast speed,..
hth

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация