Kripparrian's Frost Pulse Maurader.

"
Krippers написал:

I think static blows is worth it, at least for its duration bonus -- and perhaps even the 2 talents that follow it.

At 375% crit multi I am able to shock most bosses in lower maps, and nearly all non boss mobs in higher maps. The dps difference between ALD and any other gem is significant by a large margin.

Taking it for duration seems wrong as well. Critical hits, especially at your multiplier, are going to have those shock stacks last quite a while, long enough to get a few casts, and at 30 some odd % crit chance, if you can cast 3 times or so under crit shock duration, then you have reached the perma shock duration breakpoint.

I have no doubt you can critical shock bosses. That is not my issue with the build. You aren't even going to be able to static blows shock the boss, or most yellows / blues, especially in a party.

"
Krippers написал:

While the fast cast may be a good option, I just dont feel its the best option. It is close enough to ACD in terms of dps that you can use it if you like casting faster, but you will still be less effective versus reflect mobs with it -- and that is a pretty big deal.

That is blatantly inaccurate. You are more effective version reflect mobs. You do overall less damage per cast, allowing you more flexibility, in addition to the life leech effect being refreshed more often. Holding down Freezing Pulse vs Reflect is just bad play, and should not be a basis for why you don't like a certain support gem.

"
Krippers написал:

Basically this is why ALD is the best support for this build for damage:

on hit:
20 or 30% chance to shock
Each of the 5 projectiles can trigger. If one of the first few hits triggers shock, the next lightning hit does 40% more damage, and its easier to shock. I would guess that non crits will shock most mobs 0-2 times each cast. Some dps increase.

on crit:
each of the projectiles applies shock, and the effect cascades.
first projectile crit + base shock
second projectile crit x1.4 + base shock x1.4
third projectile crit x1.8 + base shock x 1.8
fourth projectile crit x2.2 + base shock x 2.2
fifth projectile crit x2.2 + base shock x 2.2

That is not how it works. First of all, if you are able to shock it the first time, it wont be any easier to shock it the second time, the shock will only last longer, but that is the only effect.

I am confused on why you start to describe Static Blows, then go on to give me a description of critical hit process of Freezing Pulse.

In either case, each projectile does work individually, however they are not going to be calculated individually for the purposes of critical hits. The 5th Projectile does the same damage as the first.

Now, which way it works, I do not know. It could place the perceived shock stacks before damage is calculated, in which case all 5 would get the benefit of 3 shock stacks, and would explain your massive damage when you critically hit. Or it could place all 3 shock stacks after, and you get no benefit at all on the first cast. I am willing to be the former in this case.

But one thing is for sure... They did not code a skill that hits all 5 projectiles at the same time, but they each calculate individually in sequence. That would be a nightmare for big game companies to tackle, and while I respect the hell out of GGG, its extremely impractical for them to code this skill as such.

"
Krippers написал:

The entire effect has increased effect in groups, where they can do more damage from your shock stacks, as well as others shocks allowing you to cascade yours more easily.

Again, shock stacks do not cascade other shock stacks. It does not make them easier, it only makes them last longer.

You aren't shocking anything with static blows in a group, Krip. You now have to do 2.5x the lightning damage as monster HP just to get the min shock duration.
Chitus: Emperor of Wraeclast.
Aristeaus: 40k Walking around armor.
Spectrez: lol k
How does he have enough Dexterity for support gems such as multiple projectiles?
"
Nastai написал:
How does he have enough Dexterity for support gems such as multiple projectiles?

No, you either have to get gear/Astramentis, or sacrifice points and get dex nodes.
IGN @Badwald
What is Astramentus?
"
Aristeaus написал:
"
Krippers написал:

I think static blows is worth it, at least for its duration bonus -- and perhaps even the 2 talents that follow it.

At 375% crit multi I am able to shock most bosses in lower maps, and nearly all non boss mobs in higher maps. The dps difference between ALD and any other gem is significant by a large margin.

Taking it for duration seems wrong as well. Critical hits, especially at your multiplier, are going to have those shock stacks last quite a while, long enough to get a few casts, and at 30 some odd % crit chance, if you can cast 3 times or so under crit shock duration, then you have reached the perma shock duration breakpoint.

I have no doubt you can critical shock bosses. That is not my issue with the build. You aren't even going to be able to static blows shock the boss, or most yellows / blues, especially in a party.

"
Krippers написал:

While the fast cast may be a good option, I just dont feel its the best option. It is close enough to ACD in terms of dps that you can use it if you like casting faster, but you will still be less effective versus reflect mobs with it -- and that is a pretty big deal.

That is blatantly inaccurate. You are more effective version reflect mobs. You do overall less damage per cast, allowing you more flexibility, in addition to the life leech effect being refreshed more often. Holding down Freezing Pulse vs Reflect is just bad play, and should not be a basis for why you don't like a certain support gem.

"
Krippers написал:

Basically this is why ALD is the best support for this build for damage:

on hit:
20 or 30% chance to shock
Each of the 5 projectiles can trigger. If one of the first few hits triggers shock, the next lightning hit does 40% more damage, and its easier to shock. I would guess that non crits will shock most mobs 0-2 times each cast. Some dps increase.

on crit:
each of the projectiles applies shock, and the effect cascades.
first projectile crit + base shock
second projectile crit x1.4 + base shock x1.4
third projectile crit x1.8 + base shock x 1.8
fourth projectile crit x2.2 + base shock x 2.2
fifth projectile crit x2.2 + base shock x 2.2

That is not how it works. First of all, if you are able to shock it the first time, it wont be any easier to shock it the second time, the shock will only last longer, but that is the only effect.

I am confused on why you start to describe Static Blows, then go on to give me a description of critical hit process of Freezing Pulse.

In either case, each projectile does work individually, however they are not going to be calculated individually for the purposes of critical hits. The 5th Projectile does the same damage as the first.

Now, which way it works, I do not know. It could place the perceived shock stacks before damage is calculated, in which case all 5 would get the benefit of 3 shock stacks, and would explain your massive damage when you critically hit. Or it could place all 3 shock stacks after, and you get no benefit at all on the first cast. I am willing to be the former in this case.

But one thing is for sure... They did not code a skill that hits all 5 projectiles at the same time, but they each calculate individually in sequence. That would be a nightmare for big game companies to tackle, and while I respect the hell out of GGG, its extremely impractical for them to code this skill as such.

"
Krippers написал:

The entire effect has increased effect in groups, where they can do more damage from your shock stacks, as well as others shocks allowing you to cascade yours more easily.

Again, shock stacks do not cascade other shock stacks. It does not make them easier, it only makes them last longer.

You aren't shocking anything with static blows in a group, Krip. You now have to do 2.5x the lightning damage as monster HP just to get the min shock duration.

omg another wall. /wrists

- static blows is mostly there for duration so the effective crit for shock duration is higher
- you are absolutely less effective with fast cast compared to ACD against reflect. The build does not support its casting costs through regeneration, it uses leech. The damage from added chaos is not reflected, but does give you leech back. Using fast cast you will have more hp spent per second for casting and less hp gained from leech per second. So basically fast cast = less hp gain for the same damage against a mob that may give you a hard time. Not so good.
- I am confident that added lightning works as I mentioned in my crit example because that is how spark works in point blank, and that is how lightning strike used to work (making it OP!)
- If I am right about the cascade mechanic, the later shocks will indeed be higher because the later hits do higher lightning damage as the target is already shock stacked. This also works with non crits, but again, doesnt matter much because those mobs die quickly.
- when in groups, mob hp is counted only for its base for stun/shock/freeze calculations. Why do you think you can freeze mobs in groups just as easily as solo? lol
Its kay Kripp, I believe you and that is all that matters.
Hrmph
Chitus: Emperor of Wraeclast.
Aristeaus: 40k Walking around armor.
Spectrez: lol k
Последняя редакция: Aristeaus. Время: 16 февр. 2013 г., 17:32:08
"
Nastai написал:
What is Astramentus?

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Unique_Amulets
"
Arowec написал:
Freeze pulse - added lightning - blood magic - life leech - gmp
added chaos instead of lightning in reflect maps

What if you have a 6L? Which 6th gem is best?
Anyone mind explaining which key stats you want in your gear for this build?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация