[Not updated - 3.23] Forbidden Rite 🈳  Selfcast Edition 🈳  Ralakesh Version 🈳 Full Guide

Greetings, Exiles!

I'm excited to share a unique approach to building your character in Path of Exile. This build is designed for those who want to achieve great things without relying heavily on rare or special items.

Less is More: The Art of Simplicity
Our primary goal is to extract the best performance using the simplest gear. We're bypassing the allure of special Gems, including Enlighten, and are not depending on Tier 0 Uniques. The reason is straightforward: we want to build a solid foundation. This isn't about underestimating the power of high-tier items but rather about demonstrating the potential of basic gear.

Creating a Versatile Character
This guide focuses on how to build a character capable of tackling almost all the game's content with the most ordinary items. It's about skill, strategy, and understanding the core mechanics of Path of Exile.

Understanding the Limits
Can this build effortlessly clear Uber content with minimal investment? Probably not. This approach has its challenges, especially when facing Uber-level bosses. The build is characterized by slower projectiles, reliance on self-casting, and a lower health pool. These factors make it inherently more challenging but equally rewarding for those who master it.

Not Suitable for Hardcore Play
At least not this version at the moment...
It's crucial to note that while our build excels in many areas, it may not be the ideal choice for hardcore play. The delicate balance between offense and defense, while providing incredible power, may not offer the level of survivability required for the unforgiving world of Hardcore mode.

How would I rate this build?
Скрытый текст

Beginner friendly

League start

Defense

Damage

Mapping

Bossing

🗺️ Map Like a Pro: Unleash the Ultimate Mapping String! 🗺️
For those seeking complete stress-free mapping in Path of Exile, behold the sacred Map String that will elevate your cartographic endeavors to celestial heights!
"eec|gen|re he|tal d|coo|s rec|% ma|withe"

READ FIRST
Скрытый текст

Mechanics Unveiled:
Let's dive into the intricacies of the mechanics that make our build stand out. These details are here to answer the myriad of questions that have popped up.

🥾 Ralakesh Boots - Charge Perpetuity: 🥾

Ralakesh Boots: A pivotal element in our build that's simply irreplaceable. These boots grant Power, Endurance, and Frenzy Charges, but beware – charges only on paper! Once adorned, you essentially have MAX charges at any time, even if the top-left corner fails to show it. The charges on your top-left corner, where all your buffs are, are "separate" charges. You can use them, lose them, transform them—doesn't matter. But the charges you get from your Boots are at max, at any time.
Check your: |Character Screen > Charges| for the real deal.

>> Right click open the picture

🛡️ The Fourth Vow and Divine Flesh Combo: 🛡️

The Fourth Vow: Another non-negotiable component. When coupled with the Glorious Vanity (Xibaqua) Jewel and the Divine Flesh keystone, you can fortify your defense significantly, especially if you hit a whopping 80% max CHAOS resistances. More is better, especially against elemental damage.

Furthermore, we absolutely need at least one node with Ritual of Shadows (see image).
The green arrow indicates a perfect spot, while the white one is the second-best. Best-in-Slot gear involves finding a jewel with both nodes!

🏅 Badge of the Brotherhood - Charging Up: 🏅

Badge of the Brotherhood: Yet another item with no substitutes. As we stack Power Charges, this amulet ensures we get a minimum of 10 Frenzy Charges. The more Power Charges, the merrier the Frenzy Charges. Thanks to our Ralakesh Boots, charge generation is a non-issue.

💉 Petrified Blood - Tanking Small Hits: 💉

Petrified Blood: Adding a touch of tankiness against those pesky small hits. Now you can withstand a barrage of minor attacks! Utilizing only half of our life pool, we reserve around 50% with Precision Support, Vitality, and Defiance Banner.

🛡️ Energy Shield Mastery - Shielding with Style: 🛡️

Energy Shield Mastery: Crucial for our Bloodnotch setup with Immutable Force. Remember, it's imperative to use "Stun Threshold is based on 60% Energy Shield..." Avoid anything that counters stuns, such as Brine King, Unwavering Stance, or Practical Application on the skill tree.

🕸️Divine Guidance - Choosing Arakaali🕸️

I recommend incorporating Arakaali and Abberath into the build, with the flexibility to consider swapping out the Minor God as needed.
In my opinion, Arakaali offers the most substantial benefits, actively countering the most significant threat to this build.....Damage over Time

🌟⚔️ Harnessing Divine Power with Zealotry: ⚔️🌟

In this section, we delve into the synergy between Zealotry and Divine Blessing, unlocking not only a colossal damage boost but also unveiling additional strategic advantages. Zealotry not only elevates our damage output but also blankets the battlefield with Consecrated Ground, providing regeneration for us and potentially causing more harm to our foes. Explore how the combined might of Zealotry and Consecrated Ground becomes a potent tool for further damage scaling.

Cast when Stunned - Tactical Unleashing:

Unleashing the Forbidden Rite skill during moments of vulnerability – while looting, standing still, or when immobilized. Consider adding a Golem, either Lightning or Stone, based on your preferred setup. It's all about hitting enemies to leverage leech and Life on Hit.

🌟 Synergistic Auras & Buffs Strategy for Petrified Blood Build in Path of Exile 🛡️✨

Since we're using Petrified Blood, we can't utilize the upper half of our max health anyway. So, what do we do about it? We leverage this combination of Vitality, Precision, Defiance Banner, and Arrogance!
With Precision, we gain a substantial amount of Critical Strike Chance. Defiance Banner serves as an additional buffer for our defense, and Vitality provides perfect regeneration!

💎🛡️ Unyielding Fortitude: Harnessing Purity of Elements and Determination for Resilience! 🛡️💎

Purity of Elements and Determination are our pillars of strength! With Purity of Elements, we gain an immense amount of elemental resistance, making gearing much easier. Furthermore, we are essentially immune to all elemental ailments.

🚶 Movement is the Key 🚶

Phase Run not only provides the advantage of a quasi-Quicksilver Flask, but the phasing effect it grants will often save your behind and improve the overall gameplay flow. Frostblink now has two advantages. Thanks to our amulet, it has a shorter cooldown, and Frostblink itself has the effect that teleporting into groups of enemies further reduces its cooldown. Often, you can teleport continuously and feel extremely swift. 🏃‍♂️❄️✨

💥🎯 Optimal Use of Assassin's Mark: A Manual Approach for Maximum Impact! 🎯💥

You should manually use Assassin's Mark whenever possible. We already have enough damage for essentially everything, but for bosses and stubborn enemies, I cast it myself. In an autocast setup, there have been instances where it targeted the wrong enemies or took forever to curse the target. ⚔️👁️‍🗨️💀

🎯 AOE Mastery: Igniting the Battlefield 🎯

Aoe becomes crucial for this build. While exact numbers elude us, aim for an AOE radius of approximately 1.2 to 1.3 meters to maximize overlap during Single Target encounters. Tackle this aspect in the later min-max stages of your journey.

🌊 Major/Minor God: Bloodnotch's Nemesis 🌊

Beware the allure of "Soul of the Brine King" – it clashes with our Bloodnotch setup!

🔥 Righteous Fire Romance: A Flame that Fizzles 🔥

Consider the substantial DPS boost from the Righteous Fire setup, but be wary of its strain on regeneration. It's an enticing upgrade option!

💪 Regen Resilience: The 500 HP Sweet Spot 💪

Aim for a minimum of 500 Life Regen (excluding Consecrated Ground) for smoother gameplay. I am always targeting 1000+ myself.

🛡️ Phys Hit Survival: 4k Life Mandate 🛡️

To withstand Physical Hits, target a mandatory 4k Life, ensuring a minimum of ~18k Phys Max hit. Safety first! Your goal should be somewhat around 25.000+ Phys max hit

🎯 Projectile Paradox: Less is More 🎯

Avoid more than 5 projectiles for single-target damage. Invest in AOE for better overlap, utilizing Despair on Hit and Profane Bloom for constant explosions!

💎 Jewel Selection: Bling with Purpose 💎

Select jewels with %Life, Armor, Attributes, and a dash of damage. Prioritize stats to potentially free up skill points.

🌐 Divine Vanity: Xibaqua's Withering Charm 🌐

For Divine Flesh and a touch of Xibaqua, seek gems with Wither on hit. In 3.23, explore alternative charms for Wither on Hit.

👁️ Watcher's Eye Wisdom: Bling for Extra Buffs 👁️

Eyeing a Watcher's Eye for %Phys dmg taken as (any) Ele? Explore options like Life on hit with Vitality and DPS stats like Cast speed on Zealotry.

🛡️ Armor Aspiration: At Least 30k for the Win 🛡️

Remember, strive for at least ~30k Armor. Gear up, bedazzle those jewels, secure that Watcher's Eye, incorporate Determination, and indulge in those flasks – because this build means business! 🚀💪 #PathofExileWisdom

Скрытый текст

🎥 https://youtu.be/f5gTV3OkTbw - Unveiling the Build

🎥 https://youtu.be/Lk29jyc3UFw - Boss Showdown in Action

🎥 https://youtu.be/UWDMwvafqQQ - Simulacrum 30 - The Full Immersive Experience

🎥 https://youtu.be/nkBHmfeyRbU - 3.23 Build Teaser

Скрытый текст

Recommended setup for league start and lower budget.
Works just as good, has the same DPS and defenses, lacks some QOL and higher possibility of one shots.
🌐 https://pobb.in/x18g_ofyS4Ut
The entire gear setup is straightforward. None of it is particularly special or very expensive. [/i]

Ignore this POB/Section if you haven't reached late-endgame

Recommended and working Version for Arn's Anguish
🌐 https://pobb.in/_9vpFwLMtJze
🌐 https://poe.ninja/builds/affliction/character/Kaukus1/AfflictionLeagueSucks?i=1&search=name%3Dafflictionleague

Bit more DPS Version:
🌐 https://pobb.in/3dZ1_tJ1ouFM
🌐 https://poe.ninja/pob/11XM

Mageblood Setup
Enables more Movement speed and QOL.
Is not necessary for damage, defenses or anything else.

🌐 https://pobb.in/5IkB6vkRYchD

🌐 https://pobb.in/23HLo0Hq1EH_ - OLD Pob for reference >> League:3.21

Скрытый текст

"

🚩----Optional Upgrades / League Specific / General Info
🌐----Required Items/Mods

🗡️ Weapon and Offhand:〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Void Battery: We're wielding the powerful Void Battery and shielding ourselves with Malachai's Loop.
League Info:
🚩 Those 3.23 charms with block chances are just flexing too hard!
🚩 Corrupted Mods: Phys Damage taken as Ele
🌐 REQUIRED UNIQUES!
🌐 Either Dual Wield Void Battery - Or Void Battery + Malachais Loop

🪖 Helmet:〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Ideally, we'd want a helm with "Nearby Enemies have +#% to Chaos Resistance" and "+1 to maximum Power Charge",
but I'm rolling with a regular Rare helmet in this case with as much "Phys damage taken as ele/chaos" as possible.

🧥 Body Armour:〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

The Fourth Vow: Counting pennies? This chest piece is your budget-friendly chariot.
The Rare Route is like a luxury cruise – delightful but pricey.
🚩 Kickstart your journey with a 5-link if currency is tight
🚩 Corrupted Mods: +1 socketed Gems
🌐 REQUIRED UNIQUE!

🧤 Gloves:〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

🎯 Aim for this sweet spot on your gear – it's the jackpot for Life, Life regen, and all the other stats you crave. % Damage per Frenzy and Chaos damage Leech (VERY important to craft chos leech.. we NEED that) are the rockstars here!
🚩My suggestion early on is to acquire gloves with fractured life and use the necessary essences to roll for STR/DEX until you have reasonable resistances you need.
Additionally, we need an open suffix slot for the Focus mod with a 36% cast speed buff.

🌐 REQUIRED MODS: Chaos Leech

👢 Boots:〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Ralakesh's Impatience: The boots got an upgrade and are now even better for us! We're not just maxed out on charges when standing; we're now in Superman mode all the time.
🚩 Corrupted Mods: +1 Endurance Charge
🌐 REQUIRED UNIQUE!

💎 Jewels:〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

These jewels form the backbone of this build.
In Path of Exile, the synergy of these jewels, coupled with Petrified Blood, extensive leech mechanics, and Life Gain on Hit, plays a pivotal role in fortifying our character's defenses rapidly.
🚩 You don't need to aim for the highest rolls initially.
Any roll will suffice to get you started with this build.

🌐 REQUIRED UNIQUES!

🔗 Belt:〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

🌪️ Hunt for Flask Charges and life on your belt.
Look for stats that make you feel unstoppable!
I would recommend starting off the build with a Rare Belt

This belt opens up a lot of damage and makes defenses much easier, but be careful.
You have to generate Endurance Charges somehow!
Furthermore, you lose the opportunity for stats, life and any necessary resistances.
More suitable for the late endgame

If you're contemplating whether a Mageblood is a suitable choice, the answer is unequivocally yes. However, the question of whether it's worth investing all your funds into it remains debatable. The Mageblood undoubtedly enhances quality of life significantly. It enables the freeing up of a slot—originally occupied by Purity of Elements—to accommodate Haste. Additionally, it facilitates reaching over 200% movement speed and simplifies the gearing process due to the resistance bonuses provided by flasks.

Therefore, if you have the financial flexibility, investing in a Mageblood is recommended. However, manage your expectations regarding dramatic improvements in damage per second (DPS) and defenses solely from acquiring this prestigious belt.

💎 Amulet:〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Badge of the Brotherhood: This Amulet is the crown jewel – a must-have for your bling collection.
🚩Slap on Whispers of Doom
🌐REQUIRED UNIQUE!

💍 Rings:〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

🎭 The budget version is like a blend of Life on Hit (Spells), some stats, a dash of life, and an empty Prefix – perfect for your personal touch. Recoup Mana or -7 Mana, you decide!
🔺Also, we're now using a Ring Slot for Curse on Hit! Why wait for Cast when Stunned? For the EXPLOSIONS! The Occultist needs cursed foes for Profane Bloom.
🌐 IMPORTANT MODS: Gain Life on Hit + Despair Curse

🍹 Flasks:〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

🍹 I'm not going to recommend anything fixed here
Decide according to your feeling, your needs and PoB.

Personally, I always carry as much Armour as possible and Quicksilver and Silver Flasks including Movement speed Mod while mapping.
This is how the mediocre mapper catapults himself into a speedy one
However, I use other flasks for bosses, simulacrums etc.

🌐 IMPORTANT MODS: Gain # Flasks Charges on Hit

🚨 Suggestions Welcome!
If you have any suggestions for improvement, please don't hesitate to share! I'm developing this build independently and would greatly appreciate additional input.

🧪 Experiments with Arns Anguish! 🔬
Ignore this section if you haven't reached late-endgame

Скрытый текст
Greetings, Exiles! Currently, I'm delving into the fascinating world of Arns Anguish in my latest build experiment. 🌪️

Недоступно

🔥 Harnessing the Power: Thanks to the Charms, I've discovered a fantastic synergy. We can now generate Endurance Charges, which smoothly transform into Brutal Charges, granting a substantial DPS boost. And here's the kicker – casting Forbidden Rite not only deals damage but also generates these charges!

💥 Double-Dipping on Endurance Charges: But that's not the end of the story. Surprisingly, we still reap the benefits of Endurance Charges from our boots. Yes, you heard it right – a double dip! It's borderline insane. We sacrifice a whole slot for Elemental resistances, stats, and unfortunately Flask Charge on Crit. However, let me emphasize, it's an experiment. I wouldn't recommend this route unless you have enough currency on the side to switch forth and back.

Последняя редакция: Kaukus1. Время: 7 апр. 2024 г., 18:41:51
Last bumped3 февр. 2024 г., 13:14:05
Некоторые предметы в этом сообщении в настоящий момент недоступны.
Whats a better chest'll look like? I have some currency to burn, and this looks fun. First league I'm trying out several builds 👍
"
H3avyM3tal написал:
Whats a better chest'll look like? I have some currency to burn, and this looks fun. First league I'm trying out several builds 👍

Probably the route with the rares. Another player has a guide to this variant. For me this was way too expensive, since Boots and Chest piece are rare, a lot has to be moved which inspired me to my Ralakesh build.

Here is the player's page!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3250447
Последняя редакция: Kaukus1. Время: 22 мая 2023 г., 8:32:10
Having a really difficult time with this build, I keep getting one tapped by pretty much anything, damage is okay but I can't complete a map tbh. this is my POB https://pastebin.com/r5Ya1QXs
"
NastySaprano написал:
Having a really difficult time with this build, I keep getting one tapped by pretty much anything, damage is okay but I can't complete a map tbh. this is my POB https://pastebin.com/r5Ya1QXs

https://pobb.in/1_-KxVy5YCpU overworked some stuff on your POB!

As mentioned in my post, FR builds are not easy and not beginner friendly at all.
You need a lot of theory and youll try a lot.

> You have only 60% Lightning res? You need more, also the one point on your tree for Lightning Res is a waste
>For now you should try to get over 4k life, yes I know, this stuff can get very expensive quickly and is rare on the market
>Righteous Fire you should drop, I had it in experimentally, you can do it but it consumes a lot of resources that you could rather use differently (I don't have it in my setup anymore).
>Despair, Molten Shell and Asassin's Mark on CWDT setup is missing?
> Try to get Flasks with Gain 3 Charges on hit, makes a lot of difference in monster quantities.
> Try to get a slightly better Glorious Vanity, so you can free up at least one more Skillpoint
> I also optimized the Curse Setup, so you get your 2nd Curse and a useful Annoint
> Get more life nodes on your tree, by changing your setup
> You miss an Abyss Jewel on your Belt?

Thats MY currenty build setup
https://pobb.in/e_iruBvfNOCn
Последняя редакция: Kaukus1. Время: 11 июля 2023 г., 17:14:21
Do you think the build will still be good once the bloodnotch combo gets obliterated next patch? Are there any alternatives to it that would allow for similar tankyness or at least enough to make the build feel good?
Последняя редакция: Baharoth15. Время: 20 июля 2023 г., 3:25:04
"
Baharoth15 написал:
Do you think the build will still be good once the bloodnotch combo gets obliterated next patch? Are there any alternatives to it that would allow for similar tankyness or at least enough to make the build feel good?

The advantage of Bloodnotch is that you save some important skill points to reach 100% recoup.

I think a different setup without Bloodnotch could achieve similar, if not better gameplay.
You can get recoup via rares, jewels and passives to eventually get to 100%. Leaving out Bloodnotch also allows for a larger Energy Shield pool.

In the end, you would have to simulate all this and / or build and play.

TL:DR: Unfortunately I don't have an ACCURATE answer to this at the moment.

EDIT:

Unfortunately, the bigger "problem" I see is Crucible's "more cast speed" mods on both wands.
That is about +20% MORE CAST SPEED per wand. Means rather that much in the build must be reoriented to achieve high cast speeds (This is very important for this build, also because of the gameplay).
Последняя редакция: Kaukus1. Время: 22 июля 2023 г., 10:58:09
Im thinking about League starting something like that. What do you other guys think about the new devour gem? Im thinking it could make leveling with forbidden rite actually possible.
Hey and thanks for posting! Having fun with this build.

How did you solve the 50% chance to avoid stun while having energy shield? Divine Flesh makes me always have ES and so I loose out on 50% of Bloodnotch or am I missing something?
"
Riun написал:
Hey and thanks for posting! Having fun with this build.

How did you solve the 50% chance to avoid stun while having energy shield? Divine Flesh makes me always have ES and so I loose out on 50% of Bloodnotch or am I missing something?

Okay, I'm a little out of it there...

Could you tell me exactly where "50% stun avoid" is?
If that was supposed to be in the build, I either forgot or never realized it.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация