Well done GGG the economy will heal if this goes on forever

"
BlackMarshes212 написал:
Higher player retention is just higher player retention.
"
BlackMarshes212 написал:
Don't imagine things that are not explicitly contained within the data
"
BlackMarshes212 написал:
Higher player retention is metric for stock/share holders
Thank you.

Player retention data is potentially useful for companies because they want to make money, and that requires people sticking around (or at least coming back periodically). But things that make companies more money are not necessarily more enjoyable to any of us as individuals.

It is indeed very weird when players talk about data like this as if it's a sign of quality. If more fans is better then Path of Exile should replace itself with a Taylor Swift tour.

When you enjoy anything that isn't the absolute most popular mass-market product, you surely have to start from the position that something being played by less people doesn't mean it's bad, it means...it's played by less people. That's okay.
Последняя редакция: GusTheCrocodile. Время: 22 апр. 2024 г., 20:29:29
"
Kiss_Me_Quick написал:
99.9% of what drops for casual players is now dogshit though and if nothing expensive ever drops for you, there's no point in playing the game for you.

The RMTers will keep playing anyways as they can always sell their stuff later in STD even if the economy goes to extreme garbage in the league.

Zizaran agreeing with this point.
https://youtu.be/uVFd3D5O5GQ?t=352
People refuse to acknowledge simple facts sometimes because it does not fit with the viewpoint they are pushing, most people when proven wrong do not accept that they are wrong and correct their misapprehensions, they double down on denial or point to edge cases or say that its not indicative or that a word does not mean what it actually does.

The simple fact is prior to Necropolis overall player retention has been trending up the last three leagues and of every league since Scourge, which was just generally kinda terrible, aside from Crucible which was acknowledged as miserable for everyone except high end crafters, has had a greater than 50% retained at that point. Necropolis has the lowest retention rate of all time for a PoE league and is right alongside Kalandra the other infamous nerf league.

People can scream correlation != causation or how retention is not a good measure of how much people like the league but the simple fact that the retention rate of leagues since 3.0, or even maybe 2.4.0 given how loved the atlas of worlds was, correlates significantly with how fondly people actually remember the league in question. By those standards necropolis is awful and it is quite frankly an awful experience due to the nerfs, the actual mechanic is fine if poorly tuned and not very interesting.
Последняя редакция: CarbotZergling123. Время: 22 апр. 2024 г., 21:51:26

Next league confirmed! Here is the press release: "It has come to our attention that Necropolis sucked with a low rating of 35/180 bananas! Therefore, we are excited to announce our new league called Eras Tour!!!. Players will become Swifties and sing along excellent songs while the surf through Wraeclast in style.

---

@trixxar,

No offense to Ziz or any other streamer, but... I don't care what influencers / streamers have to say about Path of Exile.

Ask yourself: What does a streamer need for his stream to be successful? and let me know if that's 100% aligned with a good game. Odds are, it's probably not.

For example, a streamer needs a game that...

1. Allows them to pay attention to chat. The more mindless the gameplay, the easier it is for them to do their job (streaming).

2. Allows them to capture a large number of "viewers". In quotes, because "viewers" is not synonymous with actual human beings.

Actually, we where just talking about a HUGE misconception when talking about the player retention, but do you want to know another misconception?

People erroneously imagine streamers create communities of like-minded individuals. Where "individuals" = actual human beings. Little to no mind is payed to the cellphone farms or fake accounts or the fact that the same RMT sellers that sell in-game currency also offer discord boost where they inject thousands of "users" for pennies on the dollar.

As time goes on, all tech companies are going to have to address the Dead Internet theory and examine how much that theory is true within their ecosystems.

In the case of Hearthstone, for example, almost HALF A MILLION bots where banned a couple of weeks ago. 8/10 games you played where against "hsagkj" or "WordWord". When that happens, you lose value of shares / stocks.

Finally, another angle of concern for companies like GGG is the vicious feedback loop of RMT and the Streamer.

Скрытый текст
Streamers want "viewers" ----> RMT stores have "viewers" they can inject into Twitch/Kick/Discord. ----> Streamers need content. ----> RMT can generate content for like-minded streamers by injecting in-game currency for expensive mirror-crafting sessions. The more currency is burned, the more "viewers" and actual viewers. ----> The more viewers, the higher the chance of increase the demand for RMT.

It's a vicious cycle that double dips.

I even caught a streamer admitting to having "deep connections with RMT / Bot groups" and he even called his guild as a supporter of yet another streamer. Common link? This vicious cycle. All evidence / proof was submitted to GGG a while back.

Sigh...

The stakes are very real for GGG. Do nothing, get swamped by A.I. / bots / RMT. Do something, and risk the rage of an illegal marketplace with no morals or scruples.

Finally, I think streamers will continue to have a place while companies fight the Dead Internet theory. Well, in the case of Hearthstone it's not a theory at all it's a fact. It's certainly a theory in the case of PoE, because I have no data to say it's as bad or worse than hearthstone.

Regardless, GGG as a company is best served by taking steps early. The moment it stops being a theory and it becomes a reality it means a drop in the shares value and an uncertain future of our beloved game.

---

Just read an article from nl_kripp... YIKES! Kripp against bots ban-wave in hearthstone and admitting to using bots.

---
Reference:
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=hearthstone+bot+ban
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/hearthstone-bot-ban-blizzard-big-mistake-red-bull

~
The Mirror of Kalandra and user retention (view-thread/3489839)
Why not throw the ring into the sea? (view-thread/3488268)
Beware of misinformation on good leagues (view-thread/3514952)
Последняя редакция: BlackMarshes212. Время: 22 апр. 2024 г., 23:21:30
Taylor Swift singing pet when?
"
CarbotZergling123 написал:
Скрытый текст
People refuse to acknowledge simple facts sometimes because it does not fit with the viewpoint they are pushing, most people when proven wrong do not accept that they are wrong and correct their misapprehensions, they double down on denial or point to edge cases or say that its not indicative or that a word does not mean what it actually does.

The simple fact is prior to Necropolis overall player retention has been trending up the last three leagues and of every league since Scourge, which was just generally kinda terrible, aside from Crucible which was acknowledged as miserable for everyone except high end crafters, has had a greater than 50% retained at that point. Necropolis has the lowest retention rate of all time for a PoE league and is right alongside Kalandra the other infamous nerf league.

People can scream correlation != causation or how retention is not a good measure of how much people like the league but the simple fact that the retention rate of leagues since 3.0, or even maybe 2.4.0 given how loved the atlas of worlds was, correlates significantly with how fondly people actually remember the league in question. By those standards necropolis is awful and it is quite frankly an awful experience due to the nerfs, the actual mechanic is fine if poorly tuned and not very interesting.

I invite you to re-examine what you wrote here later on. Give it the good old pillow. Then answer this: Is there a survey that asks players: "WHY DID YOU STOP PLAYING THIS LEAGUE ? "

Скрытый текст
We all know the answer already... it's NO.

Because the answer is NO the only logical step is to create a survey and start to ask people WHY they stopped playing. Once you've gathered enough data THEN you can draw a conclusion.

Until then, let's stop this.
~
The Mirror of Kalandra and user retention (view-thread/3489839)
Why not throw the ring into the sea? (view-thread/3488268)
Beware of misinformation on good leagues (view-thread/3514952)
Последняя редакция: BlackMarshes212. Время: 22 апр. 2024 г., 22:25:58
Would you please actually read what I have said and think on it instead of solely examining it through the lens of trying to justify your viewpoint?

Retention is correlated pretty well with how fondly a league is remembered overall, it is not a matter of causation. It is usable as a proxy for a value that we do not have an actual means of quantifying, its not provable why people dropped off a league but it is a historical fact that most of the most beloved leagues had a much higher retention rate than this and most of the most disliked leagues had a similar but still higher retention rate. Therefore from that comparison the conclusion can be drawn that as the environment in which the league was released closely mirrors several other very poorly received leagues that it is likely for the same reasons, i.e. that the nerfs suck and people don't enjoy the changes they have made.
"
CarbotZergling123 написал:
Would you please actually read what I have said and think on it instead of solely examining it through the lens of trying to justify your viewpoint?

Having a viewpoint and not giving a shit what people think about it is a lost art.

That's my viewpoint on having a viewpoint. I justify this viewpoint by stating I don't give a shit about viewpoints.

PS...There are some that don't give a shit about the game economy. I am one of those aforementioned some. Not that it matters.
I poop, therefore I am.
My dude, the main reason someone left is that they found something else they find more fun. If the league is shit, its easier to find something else thats more fun - people leave sooner.
If the league is good, its harder to find something more fun - people stay for longer.
Lets take Nekropolis. Its so shit that I find watching paint dry more fun, so I left after first day.
Its not rocket science.
Последняя редакция: Aynix. Время: 23 апр. 2024 г., 3:30:56
"
Aynix написал:
My dude, the main reason someone left is that they found something else they find more fun. If the league is shit, its easier to find something else thats more fun - people leave sooner.
If the league is good, its harder to find something more fun - people stay for longer.
Lets take Nekropolis. Its so shit that I find watching paint dry more fun, so I left after first day.
Its not rocket science.

And yet here you are :D

#NiceBuild
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
Последняя редакция: Acolina87. Время: 23 апр. 2024 г., 3:42:01

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация