Please explain the "Make an offer" mentality...

"
Phero1 написал:
I have buyouts for all my items and they show up fine on XYZ.

BUT STILL...70% of buyers will ask "HOW MUCH????"

They know exactly how much, they are not even the slightest bit confused. They are just assholes. Like so many others in this game.

You have b/o set, you don't have c/o set on your items. The question is warranted, although they could be eloquent.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul написал:
"
SamBaLam написал:

When I say offer and some idiot says 3 chaos, for the best life base MF helm in the league then I just ignore him and don't deal with him.

You shouldn't say "offer", you should hold an auction and clearly write out the c/o.

If 3 chaos is the only offer you've received at that point, then 3 chaos is the c/o.

Did you not read any of that? How ironic, that in my post I said that even when I write the c/o and b/o next to the item, they still message me and ask how much.

I really don't understand this whole "not reading" thing. It really bothered me when dealing with trade..yet alone posts here on the forums.
Here's an idea. Go to the trade chat douchebags. And write to everyone selling without b/o and say you're interested. When they ask you for an offer, just ignore them.
"
damaxxerous написал:
Hello,

Does your local car dealership have "make an offer" in the car windows? No! Sure we can haggle as buyers, but there is a sticker price. Does your grocery store have "make an offer" on the milk gallons? No!

I understand this is a barter economy but at the same time...THERE IS AN ECONOMY. All of the little currency adds up to equal big currency, so there is a general know value on orbs.

From what I was told about RL barter economies, opening bids are 1/3 of the highest anyone would buy the item for without being considered ripped off by the seller. How to translate that into PoE terms, I dunno.
"
Phero1 написал:
I have buyouts for all my items and they show up fine on XYZ.

They know exactly how much, they are not even the slightest bit confused. They are just assholes. Like so many others in this game.

Nothing strange there, you just list online sellers at Poe and ask each one how much because 95% have no b/o prices so it's easy to overlook ones who do. Jut answer "price is already set, re check plse" Case closed.
IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
"
SamBaLam написал:
"
mazul написал:
"
SamBaLam написал:

When I say offer and some idiot says 3 chaos, for the best life base MF helm in the league then I just ignore him and don't deal with him.

You shouldn't say "offer", you should hold an auction and clearly write out the c/o.

If 3 chaos is the only offer you've received at that point, then 3 chaos is the c/o.

Did you not read any of that? How ironic, that in my post I said that even when I write the c/o and b/o next to the item, they still message me and ask how much.

I really don't understand this whole "not reading" thing. It really bothered me when dealing with trade..yet alone posts here on the forums.

If the c/o and b/o that you wrote does not show up on poe.xyz.is due to you typing in wrong syntax, then they may as well not exist.

If you typed both c/o and b/o for your item in such way that both numbers appear in poe.xyz.is, then you have right to complain :P, otherwise nope.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
TheTenthDoc написал:
it is always to your advantage from a rational perspective to ask them to offer. You lose nothing

Of course you lose something, a lot of potential customers/buyers that just cant stand the "make an offer" mentality. You lose them for the current deal but also for potential future deals.

"
SamBaLam написал:
No one plays the actual fucking game ... the high end mappers who go into trade just need quick exchanges

It seems at least "high end mappers" play the game, so theres someone who actually really play the game.

"
SamBaLam написал:
You want the "offer?" people to stop saying that? How about havin people stop lowballin first.

People lowball because they are asked to "make an offer". So first you'd have to stop with the "make an offer" stereotype and then the lawballin would decrease significantly.
This is not a chicken versus egg dilemma ... its really simple: having a price lowers lowball chances considerably. "making an offer" raises the lowball chances considerably.

"
SamBaLam написал:
Asking someone to offer, is a good way of testing them to see if they are serious or not. A real buyer is going to offer a decent amount because he actually wants the item to use

99.9% of people will lowball when asked to make an offer. Because that question just begs for it.
all I read in this thread is blablabla blabla blablabla bla blablabla blabla blablabla blablablabla blabla blablabla blablablabla blabla blablabla blablablabla blabla blablabla blablablabla blabla blablabla blablablabla blabla blablabla blablablabla blabla blablabla blablablabla blabla blablabla blablablabla blabla blablabla bla.

is it just me?
Hardcore is how we play ™

Best ladder ranking so far: OhSnapIsRerolling, rank 85 HC Nemesis League
I have a shop here on forums and i sell gear via that, not ingame chat.

I ask ppl to offer even if i have a price in mind, just to see if it's 1 alch for a bor i am selling or if the offer is serious.

So many times i have stopped what i am doing (actually playing), tp to town and finally when i find the item from my too many stash tabs, i get an offer that is like 1/10th of the actual price, or "i found it elsewhere already".

It is so much easier just to ask for offers if they dont satisfy me i will just reply "sorry i feel it's a bit low, looking for more like x exalts or what ever floats my boat at that moment"

^ that seems to work, also if the buyer wants the item and is low on cash many times i just offer to hold the item for them untill they are in a better situation currencywise.

Some rares are also hard to put a price on them and it's easier to just haggle a bit before the seller and buyer are both satisfied.
"
SamBaLam написал:

Yes, it's truly sad. No one plays the actual fucking game, they play the trade market. Kids sit in trade all fucking day long making a chaos or 2 off an exalt every hour or so because the high end mappers who go into trade just need quick exchanges, where-as these fuckers sit in trade all god damn day long with nothing else to do and they wait when no one else at the moment is selling exalts or something and then they offer a complete lowball amount of chaos.

This is ypur paranoia speaking. I don't think flipping is that popular in POE at all /oh it happens on especially hot goods on occasion but flipping to be effective market has to be alive and vibrant. Thanks to dreadful implementation market is very dead in PoE. It's hard to sell ...anything. Good things stay in shops without even one price check, for weeks.

"

You want the "offer?" people to stop saying that? How about havin people stop lowballin first lol.

It would be something like saying, and excuse my clumsy and harsh example but i cannot think of better, that Jews have brought a holocaust on themselves. Greedy traders who established unnatural "offer" trade system are first to blame for lowballers. Lowballing is just other way of saying, no YOU tell me the price. Which is fully understandable.

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация