Please explain the "Make an offer" mentality...

"
Boem написал:
I think it boils down to finding a seller/buyer that value's an item the same way like you.

Sometimes this occurs to a seller if he has not sold X item for 2 weeks, making him more reasonable for new offers etc.

Still no need to get offended by another persons opinion of value of a certain item. Just move along and find somebody that matches your perceived value's of items.

i dont really get offended if they want a high price for a rare...i get upset when i make an offer (maybe not knowing the value) and the seller is then highly rude or refuses to barter or explain why they value it so high.

i one time offered low on an amulet. he explained high price due to the physical damage roll, the leech 3% roll, and +all attributes...other stats. after a few pms we came to a deal the trade completed :)
Not playing anymore. It was a fun ride since 2013!! I just browse the forum now. ~~~~~ "We are spiritual beings having a human experience, not the other way around." ~~~~~"All that you are is the sum of all your thoughts."
Последняя редакция: damaxxerous. Время: 20 дек. 2013 г., 8:07:37
"
silversideup написал:
u make an offer....buyer thinks its hell low and ur a noob....he doesnt reply....u take ur shit loads of exalts else where...thts wht happens to me a lot....and i know prices...alot of ppl are fucking greedy and will hang on to items for ages...a quick sale is better than one tht u never sell and cling to...imo atleast.

Amen brother!

If im selling let's say Voltaxic bow and someone offers me 1 chaos of it he get's instanlty ignored. People do know the price range of good items and if they don't they check it from Poe.Xyz incase they would pay too much. I don't have any intensions to talk to lowballers and while they are out of my sight all i see is good trades.. Someday.. Rare item's are different story since RNG.
Последняя редакция: parappatherappa. Время: 20 дек. 2013 г., 8:34:25
I said this in another thread . The one thing about trading in the forums is all the "make an offer " items . I'm new to the game , I can't make an offer , I have no idea what anything is worth .

Also see people calling others "lowballing scum" for offering too little .

Very difficult to trade with both sets of attitudes .
ROFL @ Hardcore in this game . ALT F4 for FTW . Hardcore my arse .
If someone's doing auctions (c/o, no b/o), why not, I'm fine with that.

B/o in mind? Cool.

Flexibility ftw.

Rage less, go to price check forums instead, people will love you.
Последняя редакция: Schiriki. Время: 20 дек. 2013 г., 8:27:23
I do my own version of "Make an Offer" which is "What do you feel it is worth?" Contrary to what most people seem to think, I'm not looking to rip anyone off. If I reply with something like "4c, but im negotiable" a lot of times I don't even get a reply. If you are interested in BUYING an item I have, that means you found it on indexer. It also means you've researched similarly priced items, so in general, BUYER is going to have a better idea of what that item normally goes for.

edit: If I feel the offer is low, I say so. I was offered 2c on a helmet last night I valued closer to 5c. I replied with, "I feel that helmet is worth closer to 5c." Why didn't I just put that B/o on the helmet to begin with? Because I link 90% of my 50 page stash to indexer. I'm not going to spend the 10 hours going through forum post to tag small stuff. If it is something worth 20 chaos or more, I will put a b/o.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Последняя редакция: reboticon. Время: 20 дек. 2013 г., 8:32:02
"
johnKeys написал:
"make an offer" sellers can be sorted into two groups:

1) ask for an offer while having a price in mind, and knowing what the item is worth. thus wishing you bid higher so they can rip you off, or bid too low so they can flame or troll you.

2) me. I ask for an offer because I honestly have no idea what the item I'm selling is worth. well, I do have a pretty general price range, but not of the "this is worth 5 Chaos. won't accept anything below 4 Chaos" kind.
I do this, because I trade once in a millennium. the rest of the time I'm busy hacking pixel-baddies.
yes, I'm completely aware this is the primary reason I'm so dirt-poor.
yes, I know the trade-tycoons exploit people like me to buy cheap, sell high, and swim in a sea of Exalts.

Well, seems like i´m a category 3) "make an offer" seller.

I actually like to communicate with buyers.
This way i can find out, if they are new to the game, want to lowball, have no clue and even more important to me personally, if i like the person. So i´m more likely to sell the item for a much lower price then i had in mind.
Most of the people in my friendslist and also the guys i´m now regularly playing with, stem from good conversations i had with the buyer, while bartering.
IGN: FlinkeKlinge
"
nobdi написал:

I actually like to communicate with buyers.
This way i can find out, if they are new to the game, want to lowball, have no clue and even more important to me personally, if i like the person. So i´m more likely to sell the item for a much lower price then i had in mind.
Most of the people in my friendslist and also the guys i´m now regularly playing with, stem from good conversations i had with the buyer, while bartering.

This is another excellent point. If I find out someone is genuinely new to the game, I give them a much better deal on an item, or help them out. Some new guy offered me 1 chaos for a Life/movement speed/ tri res boots, life roll was high ms was 20% res were fairly low. I told him I wanted to get at least 10c for them because of the "perfect" set of rolls, even though some of them were a bit low. He mentioned he was new and really just wanted them for the chrome colors + ES base, so I found a 4L pair of ES base with the same colors and gifted it to him.

For every seller you think is rude, there is a rude buyer as well who started sending asshole messages when they thought a price was too high.

(I sold the aforementioned boots for 10c 15 minutes after that.)
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Последняя редакция: reboticon. Время: 20 дек. 2013 г., 8:35:48
When I look for something on poe.xyz.is, I always check the "buyout" option. If something doesn't have a BO, I won't see it. I don't enjoy haggling where both sides make an offer that isn't the "real" offer they would accept, and this method bypasses it.
When you make an offer most just lowball. If you would make an offer reasonably you would make a deal.The OP justs wants to lowball and get away with it. I don't care to trade with such people. People that make me a reosnable offer always get the item and that is mostly below what it is really worth.
Ha, overpay/underpay...

Items have no dedicated value. An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it or sell it for. There is no "ripping people off".

The only form of ripping people off that can be concrete is when people try to buy 4 Alterations for 1 Jeweler when the price is firmly decided by the vendors.

That and scamming.

Most annoying shit ever.

WTB Legacy Kaoms - 10 Exalted isn't "ripping off" anyone, someone is willing to pay 10ex for it, if someone is willing to sell it for that then that is that. It is no wonder people believe this game is run by trading with this kind of mentality.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация