[3.0] Self-Cast Dark Pact Occultist - over 3mil Shaper DPS

"
Nostrademous написал:
"
enfo написал:
Also-- I have a recommendation. Have you considered using Kitava's Thirst with this build? The helm will proc spells fairly often.

I'd imagine 4 defensive spell set up would be safe. I'm also trying out essence drain + contagion in helm slot atm.

Interesting idea... not sure what gems I would put in there. I agree it would proc a lot as my DP is over 100 mana and my cast rates is over 6 casts per second. However... putting in that helm drops my DPS by about 10% because of the cast rate reduction (not that DPS is lacking). So it is an option.

What gems would you use?

I've done some testing.. and it works insanely good. Primarily because wearing Kitava's and using essence drain in there allows me to drop Vaal Pact. The percent based regen from Essence drain seems independent of the leech rate.

So in helm I use: Essence drain + Controlled Destruction + Void Manipulation + Added Chaos

Boots should be: Wither + Spell Totem + Increased Duration + Faster Casting

Gloves should be: (Flame or Lightning golem (+1 from gloves) ) + (Immortal Call, CWDT, Duration)

Weapons have: (Warlords, Assassins, Blasphemy), (Flame dash, faster casting, arcane surge).

Not having to take Vaal pact solves so many issues for me. Maps with desecrated ground are now easy, as well as Lab traps. The amount of lost life regen due to Vaal Pact is not trivial at all. Doing it this way also makes taking the two life regen and jewel socket near center of skill tree viable now (at the cost of 3 5% nodes near constitution).

The DPS from essence drain scales completely from all the talents you have set up.. and benefits from our Apeps and gloves as well. Not only is it a good life source, but a secondary single-target damage source (build has no problem with AOE).

"
enfo написал:
"
Nostrademous написал:
"
enfo написал:
Also-- I have a recommendation. Have you considered using Kitava's Thirst with this build? The helm will proc spells fairly often.

I'd imagine 4 defensive spell set up would be safe. I'm also trying out essence drain + contagion in helm slot atm.

Interesting idea... not sure what gems I would put in there. I agree it would proc a lot as my DP is over 100 mana and my cast rates is over 6 casts per second. However... putting in that helm drops my DPS by about 10% because of the cast rate reduction (not that DPS is lacking). So it is an option.

What gems would you use?

I've done some testing.. and it works insanely good. Primarily because wearing Kitava's and using essence drain in there allows me to drop Vaal Pact. The percent based regen from Essence drain seems independent of the leech rate.

So in helm I use: Essence drain + Controlled Destruction + Void Manipulation + Added Chaos

Boots should be: Wither + Spell Totem + Increased Duration + Faster Casting

Gloves should be: (Flame or Lightning golem (+1 from gloves) ) + (Immortal Call, CWDT, Duration)

Weapons have: (Warlords, Assassins, Blasphemy), (Flame dash, faster casting, arcane surge).

Not having to take Vaal pact solves so many issues for me. Maps with desecrated ground are now easy, as well as Lab traps. The amount of lost life regen due to Vaal Pact is not trivial at all. Doing it this way also makes taking the two life regen and jewel socket near center of skill tree viable now (at the cost of 3 5% nodes near constitution).

The DPS from essence drain scales completely from all the talents you have set up.. and benefits from our Apeps and gloves as well. Not only is it a good life source, but a secondary single-target damage source (build has no problem with AOE).

Excellent write up. Have you considered using Enduring cry for one of the gem sockets? Would provide additional hp Regen and more end charges. I think this would be a good option for berserkers due to Warcry talents.

I also use Soul Tether for my belt to get more use out of my ES. What do you guys think about it for this build?
Последняя редакция: in3bitabl3. Время: 10 авг. 2017 г., 11:22:33
I'm working on a slightly different passive tree to really maximize damage and improve life. But it is so hard to min/max this thing.

I like the Kitava idea... testing it I did die to face-tanking bosses though as the leech isn't instant so I'm torn, but it definitely helps with killing single targets (if that was an issue before).

What do you guys think about this variant:
PoB: https://pastebin.com/cMbaRcJz
Nostrademous
Hey man, ripped but rerolled same char becouse i really enjoy this playstyle. lvl 65 atm. Not sure what passives to go for now tho, since your listed ones are different from your char ;p should i go for the scion hp chunck or Devotion like your profile? (playing hc)
"
Zieralol написал:
Hey man, ripped but rerolled same char becouse i really enjoy this playstyle. lvl 65 atm. Not sure what passives to go for now tho, since your listed ones are different from your char ;p should i go for the scion hp chunck or Devotion like your profile? (playing hc)

I apologize for the switches but Dark Pact is a new skill so I'm still testing various build configurations.Devotion setup offers a bit more health. Turns out that the Scion LifeWheel is just too far away for us to get.

Regarding Soul Tether belt: did you test it? I don't think it would work b/c Dark Pact causes damage to you so you would never be full life.
Nostrademous
Uploaded a tier 8 unique map to video section (Maelstorm).
https://youtu.be/wpYfrLOg-uA

Enjoy the breach action at end.
Nostrademous
"
Nostrademous написал:
"
Zieralol написал:

I apologize for the switches but Dark Pact is a new skill so I'm still testing various build configurations.Devotion setup offers a bit more health. Turns out that the Scion LifeWheel is just too far away for us to get.

Regarding Soul Tether belt: did you test it? I don't think it would work b/c Dark Pact causes damage to you so you would never be full life.

No need to apologize ;) just wanted to build it "right" and i saw your post earlier about trying out something new. How do you think this build will handle uber lab? And at what level/hp do you recomend me trying it, im playing HC and ive never done uber lab before only merc last season.
"
Nostrademous написал:
"
Zieralol написал:

I have been using Soul Tether and I can confirm that it works very well with VP. Not sure how effective it would be otherwise.
Последняя редакция: in3bitabl3. Время: 10 авг. 2017 г., 17:27:30
Well i'll probably try again and do things slightly differently. I was originally going to do this with totems so I went towards templar and marauder stuff in my tree to get to more totem nodes. then i decided to go with this. I only had to get rid of one node based on where i was but I think if i try this again I'll to right first so i can get closer to leech and vaal pact sooner and have them more readily available when the time is right. I also grabbed the wrong bandit. They changed and i wasn't exactly sure what to do. When i was trying to piece together the totem kraityn looked good on paper dps wise so i went with him.

I think i'll still use skeletons early game because since my leech isn't up there yet it's nice to distance myself from a particularly dangerous grouping of mobs until I get that leech up. I was just self cast clearing but I would use the skeletons here and there when I wanted to hang back a bit.

Oh btw how updated are the pastebins? should i get the one you posted recently or did you update the one in the main post yet?
Последняя редакция: IANF1. Время: 10 авг. 2017 г., 18:20:56
"
in3bitabl3 написал:

I have been using Soul Tether and I can confirm that it works very well with VP. Not sure how effective it would be otherwise.

What ascendencies did you end up taking?
Nostrademous

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация