[3.0] SRS Skele Mage Auramancer [All Content - Shaper Down!] [Watch The Trailer!]

Hello Exiles! It's been a while since I've made a build guide but I am here now to share my latest creation! It is able to run all map mods and solo all content in the game with DPS and Defenses to spare. It is also a powerful party support with the generosity buffed auras it runs. The clear speed is top notch and is able to kill bosses incredibly fast with a high degree of safety. Stay a while and listen to the details!

I also made a short trailer showing off what this build can do!
Watch The Trailer!

Pros / Cons
Скрытый текст

+ Can run all map mods
+ Can solo all content
+ Safe boss killer
+ Powerful DPS auras to support groups

- Potions are our only source of healing
- Excessive spell effects
- Lots of things to keep track of (minions, buffs, debuffs)

Gear and Gem Selection Reasons
Скрытый текст

There are a lot of skeleton builds around but I have not seen one that uses both skeleton mages and SRS. Using both with powerful auras scales your potential damage far beyond what any could achieve alone.

Why not Queens Escape like in the build of the week?
Queen's Escape doesn't synergize well with skeleton mages. They don't need the extra movement speed and the extra duration is wasted because of how often your mages are either killed or need to be resummoned. The extra skeleton helps but can be found elsewhere. Even on a pure skeleton mage build running several To Dusts the weapon is wasteful. All skeleton builds will pass by the Potency of Will cluster and get 30% from the necromancer tree. That's 75% duration total. You could run 5 To Dusts and not feel the shortened skeleton duration.

Why not Victario's Charity + Necromantic Aegis?
This is a similar case of bad synergy from how often you have to recast your skeletons. They will rarely have the chance to benefit from the charges they gain. When they die or are resummoned the charges disappear.

Why not run your auras in Victario's Influence?
The only auras our skeletons fully benefit from are Haste and Anger. Wrath only effects the lightning casters. Any other auras we run only grant 3% cast speed from our Commander of Darkness trait. Running auras in what could be a powerful 6l skill is very wasteful. The auras that matter can all fit in an Alpha's Howl with Generosity.

Skills
Скрытый текст

Skeleton Mages

Map Clearing Setup:

Boss Killing Setup:

This is our main map clearing skill. We summon 6 and once thanks to pledge of hands so relocating them is quick. This is important because you want to throw them ahead of your character as you run through maps. You always want to have a pack of skeletons up somewhere at all times. They have incredible targeting range and their projectiles fly far off screen. Pledge of Hands acts as a 7th link and is best in slot.

Summon Raging Spirit

SRS is our single target support skill. We have them on a spell totem because this build doesn't have time to self cast. The totems reduce their potential DPS but significantly boost their practical DPS. Throwing up 2 totems lets you focus on buffing / debuffing and dodging while the totems churn out the spirits. Use this skill on bosses/ breaches/ harbinger encounters. Our skeleton mages can handle the rest. Additional accuracy should only be used when running high level maps (Guardians / Shaper). SRS use attacks and those attacks are using SRS's relatively low accuracy stat. They will miss a ton without it. Lower tier maps are best run with Faster Attacks filling the green socket.

Auras

Alpha's Howl is required for reservation purposes. The extra levels combined with generosity and our tree add up to some of the strongest DPS auras you can have. Most importantly we pick up added aura range in our tree which lets us stay well away from our army when we need to and still provide that amazing DPS boost. Wrath does not synergize well with skeleton mages. Only the lightning casters will get the bonus which are summoned 1/3 of the time. SRS on the other hand benefits greatly so it is still worth it to run. If you need to drop an aura for no regen maps drop wrath.

Ice Trap / Flame Dash

Our tree picks up Elemental Equilibrium but is unable to trigger because we also pick up Ancestral Bond. Ice Trap sidesteps this problem. It also happens to trigger the best two negative resists: Fire and Lightning. The only cold damage we deal are from the base skill of 1/3 of our skeleton mages. Minions do not trigger EE themselves so it acts like a super curse that isn't effected curse resistance or map curse immunity. Use it on bosses as it can be annoying to throw all the time. Keep in mind curse on hit doesn't work with trap skills. Flame Dash is our best source of mobility as we have far more cast speed than attack speed. Keep an eye on your charges.

Utility

We run flesh offering to keep ourselves mobile and let our minions DPS harder. Desecrate to provide a flesh offering target when the environment doesn't provide them. I usually like to lay down several before a boss fight starts so I can quickly reapply flesh offering. Because we deal damage of all three elements Elemental Weakness is the best curse. Increased Duration can be swapped with faster casting if you choose. Desecrate and flesh offering both have relatively lengthy cast times and can be dangerous during tougher boss fights when you need to recast.

Gear
Скрытый текст

This build is relatively cheap to get going and scales very well as you invest.

Required Uniques

You will need two of these. They convert your skeleton warriors into skeleton mages. Make sure you get the non-legacy versions. The legacy version only gives 3 skeleton mages. Non-legacy gives 5.

Allows us to summon 3 skeleton mages at once. With Spell Echo from Pledge of Hands we get 6 skeletons per cast. This gem makes the build much faster as you can reposition and replace your entire army in 2 seconds for far less mana.

This staff is best in slot for skeleton mages. We benefit from it because it allows us to cast 6 skeletons at once and at lightning speed. Our mages benefit from it because it acts as a 7th link. The bonus mana isn't wasted either. We reserve nearly all of our mana with auras but we still need some to cast our spells.

This helmet lets us run 3 50% reservation auras with generosity rather than enlighten. It also provides immunity to freeze and decent evasion. Invaluable.

Recommended Uniques

This chest provides the largest life boost possible while still allowing sockets. It also gives us a major boost to our life flasks. Not required but nice to have. Any high life armour / evasion chest will do. Be sure to consider the socket colors required when picking a chest.

These boots bring our maximum skeleton count from 9 to 10 which happens to be the maximum two dead reckoning jewels allow. They certainly aren't required and are more of a personal choice. Any boots with life and high movement speed will work. Mutewind Whispersteps are a good swap when maps roll chilled ground and you don't want to waste a chaos rerolling.

Rares

Our remaining slots are filled with rares. Look for high life/ resists and cast speed if you can. We also need a fair amount of dexterity and a bit of strength.

Jewels

Any rare jewel with life and minion damage. Extra stats like cast speed, minion resist, dexterity or strength are welcome.

Potions

Potions should be chosen based on the content you are running. You always want an instant divine flask and a saturated eternal flask. One of them should grant immunity to bleed. The other slots are up to you. General map clearing is best paired with quicksilver flasks. The chimera boss should be paired with a granite and a basalt for the smoke phases. Maps with nasty curses benefit from a curse immunity flask (yes, as of 3.0 curse immunity flasks work on map curses!). The choice is yours.

Leveling Guide
Скрытый текст

LvL 4
Скрытый текст
pick up a Summon Raging Spirit gem. This skill will be your main clearing skill until you can get skeleton mages. Attach Ruthless and Lesser Poison supports for now.

LvL8
Скрытый текст
Pick up 2 Minion Damage, 2 Added Fire Damage and 1 Melee Splash. Link your SRS to Melee Splash, Minion Damage and Added Fire Damage. Socket the other gems into your second weapon set so they level up. You will use them later.

LvL 10
Скрытый текст
When you hit lvl 10 pick up your Summon Skeletons skill. For now they will serve to supplement your single target DPS. Link them with Minion Damage, Added Fire and Maim.

LvL ~18
Скрытый текст
When you reach the 19 Point Tree you can convert your skeleton warriors into skeleton mages. Socket a Dead Reckoning and a From Dust jewel into your tree. You will also need to change the support gems you use on them. You should now use Lesser Multiple Projectile, Pierce and Minion Damage.

SRS support gems also need a change. Remove Melee Splash and add Melee Physical Damage.

The rolls of your SRS and Skeletons are now reversed. Skeletons should be used to clear zones while SRS should only be used when you need extra single target DPS.

***23 Point Tree***
Скрытый текст

When you reach this point in your skill tree socket another Dead Reckoning.

Bandits?
Скрытый текст

Kill them all.

Ascendancy?
Скрытый текст

In order of importance:
- Mistress of Sacrifice
- Commander of Darkness
- Spirit Eater
- Minion Damage and Life Node / Minion Damage, Chaos Resistance Node

Skill Tree Progression
Скрытый текст

14 Point Tree
19 Point Tree
23 Point Tree
45 Point Tree

How do I get from the 45 point tree to the 123 point tree?
Скрытый текст

When you reach the 45 point tree you have pick up all the extra skeleton nodes from the tree. From here on out it's up to you how quickly you want to grab all the mana reservation nodes. Those nodes allow us to run more auras at once. A huge portion of our damage comes from these auras. If you are confident that you can complete the game with less life then pick aura nodes sooner. Otherwise focus on grabbing the life nodes first. Keep in mind you will need all of the mana reservation nodes PLUS Alpha's Howl WITH a Pledge of Hands (The 100% increased mana is needed) to comfortably run our three auras. Remember that Anger is the most important. Haste comes second and Wrath should be run last.

123 Point Tree

Videos

*Todo:
- Improve leveling guide
- Add more map clear videos
- Add more full boss clear videos
IGN: Rumthorp
Stream Channel: www.twitch.tv/rumthorp
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Rumthorp
Последняя редакция: Rumthorp. Время: 3 сент. 2017 г., 16:36:17
Last bumped3 окт. 2017 г., 10:57:11
Reserved
Thanks for posting this, I've been looking for a cool new minion build to try. I know you say To Dust is essential, but I'm in ssf and haven't had one drop yet. Is that mostly a QoL jewel? If not, what content would be hindered by not having it?
"
seanxjohnson написал:
Thanks for posting this, I've been looking for a cool new minion build to try. I know you say To Dust is essential, but I'm in ssf and haven't had one drop yet. Is that mostly a QoL jewel? If not, what content would be hindered by not having it?

Until you reach endgame bosses like guardians and shaper you won't feel it too much. Before that the biggest difference is having to cast skeletons way more often than without. With pledge of hands you only get 2 per cast. Skeleton mages are basically totems. You have to reposition them constantly as you move through zones. Casting those skeletons also puts a strain on our limited mana pool. They aren't exactly cheap on a 7L.

End game bosses tend to have large sweeping AoEs that will wipe out your minions instantly. With from dust this isn't a problem since it take about 2 seconds to replace your entire army.

I wouldn't let the jewel hold you back from trying the build though.
Последняя редакция: Rumthorp. Время: 2 сент. 2017 г., 5:12:26
"
Rumthorp написал:
"
seanxjohnson написал:

Until you reach endgame bosses like guardians and shaper you won't feel it too much. Before that the biggest difference is having to cast skeletons way more often than without. With pledge of hands you only get 2 per cast. Skeleton mages are basically totems. You have to reposition them constantly as you move through zones. Casting those skeletons also puts a strain on our limited mana pool. They aren't exactly cheap on a 7L.

End game bosses tend to have large sweeping AoEs that will wipe out your minions instantly. With from dust this isn't a problem since it take about 2 seconds to replace your entire army.

I wouldn't let the jewel hold you back from trying the build though.

I assume I'll get it eventually, I highly doubt its a T1 drop. Thanks for the reply I'll try this out tomorrow!
Hi! This looks like a cool build, I'll try it in hardcore :)

I am new to EE. Do I need to throw traps through out a boss fight to apply it, or will one trap at the start do?
This looks really awesome. I don't need a Queen's Decree, level 4 empower, etc. Looks very cheap and accessible to those of use who don't have endless currency. Thanks!
"
K4tz написал:
Hi! This looks like a cool build, I'll try it in hardcore :)

I am new to EE. Do I need to throw traps through out a boss fight to apply it, or will one trap at the start do?

EE only lasts 5 seconds so you will need to throw them out regularly. It should be on the lower end of your priority though. You want to make sure you have all your minions out and flesh offering up first. The traps can he hard to land if the boss moves around a lot but you really feel it when they land.
Последняя редакция: Rumthorp. Время: 2 сент. 2017 г., 12:57:23
"
NaeRo2 написал:
This looks really awesome. I don't need a Queen's Decree, level 4 empower, etc. Looks very cheap and accessible to those of use who don't have endless currency. Thanks!

Thanks!

LvL 4 Empower ends up being a significant decrease in DPS for both skeletons and SRS. A lot of our damage is coming from auras so it's much better to scale elemental damage instead of the base hit of the minion. A happy accident that makes it much cheaper than other minion builds.
Well, Kitava (A10) kicked my ass pretty damn hard. Can kiss those 100c goodbye (Also, thanks build of the week for bumping up the price of Dead Reckoning by 200%).

What I can say is that the build was really damn fun once it got rolling, and I could totally see very fast clearing speed in maps being a possibility for the build, but the EHP did not ever feel "safe" for hardcore. Just had to test it though. :)

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация