[3.10] Death's Oath CI Occultist (RETIRED)

Just wanted to pop in an say thanks for the guide. First time in 6 years I've payed ES XD (I should have gotten on it a long time ago, but, ye, generally a melee player, or MF Ripper).

It's interesting how ES scales. It was quite fun to roll ES gear, felt a bit easier than the life + flat phys + res that I'm always gunning for. Anyway, current gear listed below.

The wands for this build seem bit pricey, imo (not a caster / spell player, so don't really know, my wep cap is starforge :P), so just using one i dropped while playing another build. Not great but I figured it'll do (yes?).

Скрытый текст

Currently sitting at 7.2k es (all gear self rolled or found, all up spent about 3ex on crafting), which I don't think is bad for a first foray into ES :) Either way, thanks again, fun build.

Semi OT - started this as i got the DO of colours in 46 chromes XD

EDIT: Once I unlock the damn 3rd tier of chaos crafting (gated behind temple poison room) I'll start looking at crafting a new wep.
I will write something here when I can think of something clever and amusing.
Последняя редакция: PyknoR. Время: 25 апр. 2019 г., 0:39:08
"
LordOmni написал:
Ok, I see around +10% from infusion buff to DA, that's nice.
Yet controlled destruction actually gives more than +100k to ED.
I've recorded a video with it: https://youtu.be/IZ1tq-lM4V4

I see "Supported skills deal +41% more damage" on infused channeling and +44% on controlled destruction. I guess IC +41% more damage works only with blight because of channeling tag and CD +44% works on all spells in gloves. So this is real +44%-infused to ED/SR damage. I guess replacing IC with CD on bosses is viable.

Also I am not getting about AoE o) DA has no duration and with arcane surge it is still has no duration, but duration TAG from AS allows it to get buffs from duration supports. Less duration support literally "Supports any skill that has a duration", DA has no duration yet support works. So it is matter of tags and not logic o) Same with AoE tag on ED/SR and AoE tag on concentrated support - it should work. And CE "Supports any skill with an area of effect, regardless of whether that skill deals damage." ED and SR has area of effect, right?

And one more idea: if we replace Efficacy support in gloves with SR to get ED-SR-IC/CD-CwCh links we will get more dps than just replacing ED with SR, plus will have both ES regen and SR leech. CwCh will cycle between both spells and both has longer duration than ~1 sec cycle.

The first thing that my eyes noticed is 23 lvl of ED. Alleopathy with +2 gems corruption... well, yeah, i didn't thought about it. Nevertheless, my calculation wasn't wrong, as i said if we have 330k initial, then we could have +100k. But i would recommend to just state % of more damage, cause it's more universal, and people will not need to guess how much those +100k DPS.
Generally, i think that infused channeling still better for the cause. I mean, we don't really care about blight damage (it's too small), and ED is just support for death aura. For the single target i would rather have weapon switch on +gems bow/staff, instead of switching gems in gloves.
ED and SR have aoe, yes, but debuff that they apply is kind of independent. CA for example don't have damage of cloud increased by slower projectile support (it was so in the past, but not anymore). Just know that tag is only means that it "can be supported", but damage calculation of different part can be with different rules.
Yes, 6L staff would be better boss killer, but it costs way more than one gem o)

And I've got the idea behind area of effect, applying debuff that deals damage and actual area damage. Like CE support affects ED/SR because of AoE tag but it does nothing to damage because each instance of DoT is single target.
Why do you take "Whispers of Doom" keystone? The only curse you have listed is temporal chains. I think I just don't get it, maybe someone can explain it to me =)
"
radokk1234 написал:
Why do you take "Whispers of Doom" keystone? The only curse you have listed is temporal chains. I think I just don't get it, maybe someone can explain it to me =)

It's not only temporal chains, it's also despair, which is one of the biggest chunk of our damage (around 60% more). If not for witchfire brew flask that provide us free despair aura, we would definitely run despair by themselves, even if we need to cut something out (or maybe even selfcast it)
Последняя редакция: Med1umentor. Время: 25 апр. 2019 г., 7:01:11
"
And I have a question about gloves links: why infused channeling and not controlled destruction? With CD instead of IC in POB ES have +100k dps. Also can't get why concentrated effect is not working - both ES and SR has AoE tag.

Infused chanelling gives less ED damage, but more blight and DO damage. Also phys reduction while channelling. Conc doesn't work with ED despite the aoe tag. Think they mentioned that in patch notes somewhere.

"
Not great but I figured it'll do (yes?).

It's okay as a start. You don't really need minion damage wand if you can get one with a good non chaos multi roll and then multimod it.

"

What Med1umentor said.

Sorry for the late replies guys. Med1umentor thanks for answering.
I make build guides for fun.

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/cent664
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/cent664
Скрытый текст
I have a question (It may have been answered somewhere in these 25 pages but ain't nobody got time for that).

Being that this is a CI build and we dont have a health pool. Why not CWC Soulrend for the ES regen instead of ED? Is it because of the damage enchant for ED?

I didnt read the FAQ
Последняя редакция: TheGaminSeshion. Время: 27 апр. 2019 г., 12:16:04
"
Why not soulrend?

Well ED gives ES regen and lasts longer so I feel its more reliable during boss fights where you can't cast it that often. But I haven't tested SR on CWC so I'm not sure.
I make build guides for fun.

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/cent664
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/cent664
Yay, finally finished my wand, only took two tries bricking an "of crafting" wand XD... not as good as the ones in the OP, but it does the trick

I will write something here when I can think of something clever and amusing.
Последняя редакция: PyknoR. Время: 3 мая 2019 г., 5:39:48
"
That's my gear for my Death Oath's Build (4 Curses),

"

Nice, how does it work with spider?

It Works very good. The spiders are very aggressive and keep the opponents away from you. And make good damage.
(◉ ل͜◉)
ʕ◔ ε ◔ʔ
ヽ(^ω^)ノ
(づ• •)づ

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация