[3.9] WINDS OF WINTER: Endgame Low Life Freezing Pulse Occultist | All Content | Magic Find | $$$$

^
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
got a couple of 3.5 videos up

Eventually will record another Uber Elder fight with the new higher power level
Are those amulet and boots enchants the only sources of LL for ghost reaver? So if i don't have those and don't want to use a LL gem or a doryani'S invitation, i can save those two points?

And you say Frostwalker is bad, but you skill into Sniper, both are 30% damage for 2 points (+ some neglectable benefits)
Последняя редакция: St4hlh4gel. Время: 16 дек. 2018 г., 18:58:53
"
St4hlh4gel написал:
Are those amulet and boots enchants the only sources of LL for ghost reaver? So if i don't have those and don't want to use a LL gem or a doryani'S invitation, i can save those two points?

And you say Frostwalker is bad, but you skill into Sniper, both are 30% damage for 2 points (+ some neglectable benefits)

Yes, if you don't have any leech enchants or corruptions, don't take ghost reaver. If I didn't have them, I might test a curse on hit + warlord's mark ring, or dropping Haste and run Blasphemy + Warlord's mark for leech. But I've played the build a bit without leech at all and it still can feel good because Ghost Reaver's penalty to ES recharge rate feels *really* bad with the Occultist. I'd go so far as to say there were some fights where the build felt stronger to me without Ghost Reaver than with it.

One interesting option that I have not tested is to get rid of Ghost Reaver and try to get heavy investment in faster start of ES recharge from Watcher's Eye, jewels, and rings. It's possible that if you could get the delay below 1 second that it would just flat out feel better than having leech, because it makes Vaal Discipline so much stronger to compensate for the loss of leech.

Sniper is definitely better than frostwalker; projectile speed is premium with Freezing pulse. If you want to see the math on why, load up path of building and set the enemy to 40-60 units away (a very common midrange distance at which you will hit things) and you'll see it's a good investment. The further away the enemy, the more significant the projectile speed.

The main reason I don't like Frostwalker is that it's merely an above average node and taking it means giving up either a better damage node somewhere else, or giving up a good ES node. I'd much rather have Essence Surge or Foresight than Frostwalker.
Последняя редакция: tackle70. Время: 16 дек. 2018 г., 20:49:29
Yeah I am with you on the Frostwalker, but I thought Sniper is just as bad, since I remembered Freezing Pulse to be a shotgun build anyway, sometimes so close range that people even ran around with a blasphemy Frostbite. Thanks for sharing your opinion on this though.

I would love to squeeze in a frostbomb in this build, but I would have to drop a cwdt setup for this :(

And since you obviously want to max your power charges with double precursors and double VB, did you consider a vertex as head? With a perfect rolled mod, the mask can have up to 304 ES, which is 90 ES less than yours, but it's cheap and you can vaal spam those until you got one with +1 charges (if you can squeeze in the fire res you lose somewhere else)
Последняя редакция: St4hlh4gel. Время: 17 дек. 2018 г., 18:23:42
"
St4hlh4gel написал:
Yeah I am with you on the Frostwalker, but I thought Sniper is just as bad, since I remembered Freezing Pulse to be a shotgun build anyway, sometimes so close range that people even ran around with a blasphemy Frostbite. Thanks for sharing your opinion on this though.

I would love to squeeze in a frostbomb in this build, but I would have to drop a cwdt setup for this :(

And since you obviously want to max your power charges with double precursors and double VB, did you consider a vertex as head? With a perfect rolled mod, the mask can have up to 304 ES, which is 90 ES less than yours, but it's cheap and you can vaal spam those until you got one with +1 charges (if you can squeeze in the fire res you lose somewhere else)

I hadn't considered it - good idea! I'll get to testing.

There are a lot of encounters that are scary for this build where you don't want to be shotgunning; you kite all over the place with flame dash and shoot from a medium or long distance. Uber Elder is the easy example. So DPS at distance is valuable.

--EDIT-- had a play in Path of Building. Vertex with +1 Charges is 6% DPS increase compared to my current helm and -4% ES and creates a lot of resistance problems... I'm not sure it's a workable idea
Последняя редакция: tackle70. Время: 17 дек. 2018 г., 21:43:41
he,thanks for the build!
Leveling it right now and i thought about something.

Cant we go CI, take Energy from within and a rare Body ?

Thanks for help
"
macmoogle написал:
he,thanks for the build!
Leveling it right now and i thought about something.

Cant we go CI, take Energy from within and a rare Body ?

Thanks for help

Yeah, you would probably want to level as CI and then switch into low life when you are high enough level and are ready to get a 6L shavs.

If you have good enough ES twink gear you could probably even get away leveling as CI with a Tabula, though that might be tough early in a league.
"
Yeah, you would probably want to level as CI and then switch into low life when you are high enough level and are ready to get a 6L shavs.

If you have good enough ES twink gear you could probably even get away leveling as CI with a Tabula, though that might be tough early in a league.

thanks for reply but to be honest,i thought about just playing CI and not switch to low life later.

Is it so much worse then playing low life ? With a good rare you could get like 9,2k ES.

thanks.
"
macmoogle написал:
"

thanks for reply but to be honest,i thought about just playing CI and not switch to low life later.

Is it so much worse then playing low life ? With a good rare you could get like 9,2k ES.

thanks.

Low Life you will lose an aura and Pain Attunement. So roughly 30-35% DPS loss. Not a big deal until you are more ready to push gear.

Total ES isn't a huge problem for this build if you have good enough damage. I think you'd be fine in most mapping situations at 7K ES. 8K feels very comfortable. 9k+ feels only necessary for risky boss fights.
Последняя редакция: tackle70. Время: 18 дек. 2018 г., 10:02:02

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация