[3.11] Brittleknee’s SRS Necromancer - Reliable, Beginner-Friendly. All content. Harvest Ready!

Thought I would just drop in and thank you for an amazing build!
I came back to PoE after over a year of not playing, and so far have a blast! Always gravitate towards Necro or Archer builds, but that playstyle got boring very fast before.

I even started experimenting with your build, equipped a Soulwrest and must say that it's synergy with your build is awesome. I sacrificed movement (shield charge) but kept vaal skills, hatred+generosity and of course kept CWDT. Also lost golem but plan on putting him into an unset ring once I find or buy one good enough. I'm not a strong theorycrafter nor have I reached full potential of your build (my current SRS DPS is around 900k) but I still love it!

Also Delve league was quite generous to me, dropped 3 exalts, dropped Xoph's blood (which I sold, yeah i wanted those ex), I have a 6L BELLY that I socketed, coloured and linked myself ! (never before did I have a 6L :), yeah that kind of a noob I am even tho i started playing 2012), also level 91 is a great achievement for me. And all of that because this build keeps me playing.

Again, thank you!
Hey Brittle,

Can you please have a quick look at my Necro and let me next best upgrade for her.. Being super casual i cant keep up gear wise as the rest, but finally starting to make some progress.

Love to get some feedack :)
Последняя редакция: m0ffd0g. Время: 5 окт. 2018 г., 6:38:24
"
cVGhost написал:
Thought I would just drop in and thank you for an amazing build!
I came back to PoE after over a year of not playing, and so far have a blast! Always gravitate towards Necro or Archer builds, but that playstyle got boring very fast before.

I even started experimenting with your build, equipped a Soulwrest and must say that it's synergy with your build is awesome. I sacrificed movement (shield charge) but kept vaal skills, hatred+generosity and of course kept CWDT. Also lost golem but plan on putting him into an unset ring once I find or buy one good enough. I'm not a strong theorycrafter nor have I reached full potential of your build (my current SRS DPS is around 900k) but I still love it!

Also Delve league was quite generous to me, dropped 3 exalts, dropped Xoph's blood (which I sold, yeah i wanted those ex), I have a 6L BELLY that I socketed, coloured and linked myself ! (never before did I have a 6L :), yeah that kind of a noob I am even tho i started playing 2012), also level 91 is a great achievement for me. And all of that because this build keeps me playing.

Again, thank you!

You are most welcome, I'm glad you're having such a great time! I enjoyed my time playing SRS+Phantasms as well but I am starting to steer that project in a different direction. My end goal was to get people playing SRS and enjoying it so I am always happy to see comments like yours. They really brighten my day.

"
m0ffd0g написал:
Hey Brittle,

Can you please have a quick look at my Necro and let me next best upgrade for her.. Being super casual i cant keep up gear wise as the rest, but finally starting to make some progress.

Love to get some feedack :)

Not a bad start! Continue to upgrade your jewelry, get as much life, resists and whatever secondary stats you may need, and one of them will need x to x lightning damage to attacks.

Upgrade your boots, pick out a nice rare set of boots with live, movement speed, perhaps a resists or two.

There were also some gem choices that weren't quite right. Make sure you're picking up Vaal Lightning Trap, Vaal Haste as well.

Hope this helps! Good luck to you and keep up the good work, for casual gear you're doing great!
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Последняя редакция: brittleknee. Время: 10 окт. 2018 г., 2:42:21
@Brittleknee

Apart from the Vaal gems you suggested, which ones do I not have right? :o
First off thanks for the guide, I've been leveling and now mapping with this, it's the first character I've been able to finish all the acts with. Been a ton of fun.

I have a few questions now. I'm following your guide to the T. I need new boots to fit the last gem setup on, but I was wondering how you manage all this during fights. I see you have vaal clarity and vaal haste, so you have to cast those to get the buff during the fight right?

I have trouble fighting through things by the time I hit it with arc to debuff fire and cold, summon SRS's, get my corpses out & do the corpse buff it seems like I've wasted time and gotta do it all over again.

is there an order I should be following? I can make it work right now perfectly fine, but I am worried with 2 more spells being thrown in I don't think I will be able to to fit all of it in during combat. Also if anyone can take a look at my character for me and give any tips I would greatly appreciate it!
"
hriggs92 написал:
First off thanks for the guide, I've been leveling and now mapping with this, it's the first character I've been able to finish all the acts with. Been a ton of fun.

I have a few questions now. I'm following your guide to the T. I need new boots to fit the last gem setup on, but I was wondering how you manage all this during fights. I see you have vaal clarity and vaal haste, so you have to cast those to get the buff during the fight right?

I have trouble fighting through things by the time I hit it with arc to debuff fire and cold, summon SRS's, get my corpses out & do the corpse buff it seems like I've wasted time and gotta do it all over again.

is there an order I should be following? I can make it work right now perfectly fine, but I am worried with 2 more spells being thrown in I don't think I will be able to to fit all of it in during combat. Also if anyone can take a look at my character for me and give any tips I would greatly appreciate it!

Going into a fight (if mapping will look like this):

Hold off on vaal skills prior to entering boss area/arena if applicable.
Inside the arena, get somewhat close to boss but do not aggro.
Stack up 2-3 desecrates and cast flesh offering.
Use flesh offering's cast speed buff to pre-summon all 20 SRS. This is known as "Shot-gunning" a boss.
Re-cast desecrate/offering to refresh, cast vaal clarity if you use it or toss a vaal lightning trap in front of you if you use that instead.
Shield charge close enough to the boss to aggro it. (but bring the boss close enough to aggro range of skulls, you want boss and skulls to both converge on you.)
Drop Orb of Storms (or hit with arc) as your skulls arrive to debuff.
Vaal Haste.
Flesh Offering as often as needed to refresh buff. (stack your desecrates)
Use Vaal Skills as they recharge.
Keep 100% uptime on Fortify and EE.

----

I like Orb of Storms over Arc, but it comes down to playstyle/preference. Like you, when I tried arc, I felt like it was too much. I preferred to "drop off" orb of storms with a set it and forget it style, which is just made more convenient by skill duration in the tree.

----

I made a clip for you to watch, I hope this helps if you are more of a visual person. Note: This is the Champion SRS and in no way should you ever sit under Minotaur as a Witch! But it does show you the opening sequence described above (he as a slow 'prep' time because of differences in his build versus the witch, yours should take about 4-5 seconds prep max.)

https://clips.twitch.tv/SuccessfulAgreeableMoonPunchTrees
Последняя редакция: brittleknee. Время: 27 окт. 2018 г., 0:49:18
"
brittleknee написал:
Going into a fight (if mapping will look like this):

Hold off on vaal skills prior to entering boss area/arena if applicable.
Inside the arena, get somewhat close to boss but do not aggro.
Stack up 2-3 desecrates and cast flesh offering.
Use flesh offering's cast speed buff to pre-summon all 20 SRS. This is known as "Shot-gunning" a boss.
Re-cast desecrate/offering to refresh, cast vaal clarity if you use it or toss a vaal lightning trap in front of you if you use that instead.
Shield charge close enough to the boss to aggro it. (but bring the boss close enough to aggro range of skulls, you want boss and skulls to both converge on you.)
Drop Orb of Storms (or hit with arc) as your skulls arrive to debuff.
Vaal Haste.
Flesh Offering as often as needed to refresh buff. (stack your desecrates)
Use Vaal Skills as they recharge.
Keep 100% uptime on Fortify and EE.

----

I like Orb of Storms over Arc, but it comes down to playstyle/preference. Like you, when I tried arc, I felt like it was too much. I preferred to "drop off" orb of storms with a set it and forget it style, which is just made more convenient by skill duration in the tree.

----

I made a clip for you to watch, I hope this helps if you are more of a visual person. Note: This is the Champion SRS and in no way should you ever sit under Minotaur as a Witch! But it does show you the opening sequence described above (he as a slow 'prep' time because of differences in his build versus the witch, yours should take about 4-5 seconds prep max.)

https://clips.twitch.tv/SuccessfulAgreeableMoonPunchTrees

Just wanted to say that this helped immensely! One of the problems is that (keep in mind I've yet to have a character hit the point of acts finished + mapping/delving), I didn't have the offering buff that affects me as well. Now that I have that, everything else that you laid out really falls in line. Also just understanding how the setup works helps a lot for how/when to precast srs and buff/ect. I also wasn't able to run regular haste with hatred and clarity until I changed the build up, which was a big help too.

I think between tinkering with builds over the weekend and the info you just gave I have pretty much pulled it together. I know I still need to finish 2 more labs and gain about 5 levels, but in the mean time is there anything you'd recommend I change?

https://pastebin.com/LnkP0gTQ

Also, I really can't thank you enough & if you don't have time to look at the path of build link it is absolutely no worries, really appreciate the time you've put into this!
Последняя редакция: hriggs92. Время: 28 окт. 2018 г., 17:57:20
Thanks for this guide. After so many new patches I was able to recover my SRS necromancer :)
"
hriggs92 написал:

Just wanted to say that this helped immensely! One of the problems is that (keep in mind I've yet to have a character hit the point of acts finished + mapping/delving), I didn't have the offering buff that affects me as well. Now that I have that, everything else that you laid out really falls in line. Also just understanding how the setup works helps a lot for how/when to precast srs and buff/ect. I also wasn't able to run regular haste with hatred and clarity until I changed the build up, which was a big help too.

I think between tinkering with builds over the weekend and the info you just gave I have pretty much pulled it together. I know I still need to finish 2 more labs and gain about 5 levels, but in the mean time is there anything you'd recommend I change?

https://pastebin.com/LnkP0gTQ

Also, I really can't thank you enough & if you don't have time to look at the path of build link it is absolutely no worries, really appreciate the time you've put into this!

This is honestly a good start. The selections you're making for your gear show that you have a good understanding of what you're needing, and even though you may not be able afford certain pieces, you're making the best decisions with what you have. Just keep gearing. You're doing great.

Just prioritize your rare upgrades as well as the 6L. Eventually, don't be afraid to try Command of the Pit + Victario's as well as time/currency allows. If you try Command, just move the glove setup to boots and drop one rocky boi (summon stone golem).

Best of luck.

"
irendie написал:
Thanks for this guide. After so many new patches I was able to recover my SRS necromancer :)

Huzzah :) I'm glad to hear it!
Hi Brittle,

Just few words to say thank you.
I am testing your build right now and having a lot a fun. I just hit level 70. I like the flask "reduced charge" utilization in order to have a lot more uses. Delve mines are very fun.
I just wonder if I will survive on higher tier maps. I choose the Covenant way in order to avoid mana problems, and also because I thought it would be hard to get 3 blue on a belly...
Very nice video guide too. Your english is very easy to understand for a french guy. ;-)
Последняя редакция: AaxFamily. Время: 2 нояб. 2018 г., 16:18:45

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация