[3.11] Brittleknee’s SRS Necromancer - Reliable, Beginner-Friendly. All content. Harvest Ready!

Nice,

Now we can partially control Raging Spirits path, let's see how it goes.

Последняя редакция: EtRnitY. Время: 14 дек. 2019 г., 2:41:24
Thank you for this guide! Has helped me with a solid start to Metamorph.

I have a few questions so far:

- Why do we take the extra minion atk/cast speed node in the Spiritual Command wheel? Initially I thought it was to path to Sacrifice, but the PoB doesn't take that. It doesn't seem worth the skill point just for 4% attack speed.

- Why not take Harrier for one point? The 5% passive movespeed seems worth the point on its own.

Thank you!
Последняя редакция: Bobblybook. Время: 15 дек. 2019 г., 8:39:39
"
Bobblybook написал:

- Why do we take the extra minion atk/cast speed node in the Spiritual Command wheel? Initially I thought it was to path to Sacrifice, but the PoB doesn't take that. It doesn't seem worth the skill point just for 4% attack speed.

I guess it is because you will get the attack speed too (thanks to Spiritual Command) which boosts your Shield Charge. And as you are moving mainly by using incredibly fast shield charge (for a caster) while also applying the Elemental Equilibrium debuff with "added lightning damage to your attacks" then it is pretty nice gain.
"
irendie написал:
"
Bobblybook написал:

I guess it is because you will get the attack speed too (thanks to Spiritual Command) which boosts your Shield Charge. And as you are moving mainly by using incredibly fast shield charge (for a caster) while also applying the Elemental Equilibrium debuff with "added lightning damage to your attacks" then it is pretty nice gain.

Thanks, I forgot about Spiritual Command.

But then that confuses me even more about Harrier.. hmm.

EDIT: Also, Hatred-Precision-Generosity is a better 3-link, that way Precision gets Generosity as well. The unlinked Vaal Haste can be moved to the leftover socket.
Последняя редакция: Bobblybook. Время: 16 дек. 2019 г., 13:16:37
First off, I really appreciate the excellent build guide and leveling walkthrough. I’m only just getting to Act 5 and loving SRS and zombies. But I just got an endless hunger jewel from a Metamorph drop. Should I switch to Spectres and SRS, or just sell it and be happy with 3ex half way through acts?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Unending_Hunger

**EDIT** I sold it for 3 ex, can't give up my zombies
Последняя редакция: Huseby. Время: 19 дек. 2019 г., 12:44:33
Really enjoying your build so far this league but I had a couple of questions regarding gem links and ascendancy choices.

1) Why are we running storm brand AND worrying about lit damage on rings/amulets in order to proc EE via shield charge?

It seems like we should really just be doing one or the other. If we dropped storm brand we could put our curse into our weapon which would likely result in more reliable uptime. This is especially potent since we now want to try and aim our SRS to give the AI our desired trajectory.

2) Since we no longer need the curse in our CWDT setup - I think we should consider dropping this setup all together in favor of a minion oriented 4 link.

This is especially powerful if we get a +2 or +3 minion bone helm! People with crazy budgets could get an Elder helm with minion mods and potentially run both setups below.

For Defense: Zombies + Minion Speed + Minion Life + Meat Shield.
For Offense: Animate Guardian + Minion Speed + Minion Life + Carrion Golem

The AG link would open up a lot of possibilities via the Aura items like Leer's Cast, Singularity, Dying Breath etc... TONS OF OPTIONS

Which ties into my next point.

3) Commander of Darkness seems really "meh" at this point. 3% attack/cast speed is worse than a Minion Attack and Cast Speed node, 30% damage aura is covered by your animated guardians aura's (leer's cast and dying breath is 33% damage, not to mention the items are virtually free). Lastly the 20% all resist aura is really the only redeeming option here. Especially nice because it also gives your minions the resistances.

Now compare that talent to Bone Barrier. Bone Barrier gives us 10% damage reduction (granted it's just physical), 30 All Res, 30% Life recovery rate (kinda meh) and then minions have 20% MORE life.

On top of ALL that... It gives us an active "bubble" for an additional 2.2k shield on demand. Truly amazing for boss fights or other sketchy situations.

You think that this ascendancy couldn't get any better. Well get this...immunity to bleed damage while the bone barrier is active. Granted this is mostly covered by a flask it's still super nice since we'll be actively hitting this spell on CD.

Since we are dropping the Immortal Call setup which is only 1 second of 26% ele/phys reduction (super terrible) and then gaining the damage from our Animated Guardian setup, gaining 10 more all res, 30% life recovery rate and 20% MORE minion life. It seems like an obvious choice to swap these ascendancies.

4) The new convoking wands can roll up to 30% minion move speed, so these should 100% be the preferred crafting base now.

5) I didn't see anything about anointments (might have over looked it) but I'm assuming Ravenous Horde is the best option?

If these topics were covered in the last 50 pages I apologize, as I did not read this entire thread.

Great build! I've been having a blast. Let me know your thoughts!
Последняя редакция: Lemistio. Время: 16 дек. 2019 г., 22:10:03
"
Lemistio написал:

1) Why are we running storm brand AND worrying about lit damage on rings/amulets in order to proc EE via shield charge?

Coveniance? Storm Brand will periodicaly strike unaffected enemies which we didnt hit.
"
Lemistio написал:

2) Since we no longer need the curse in our CWDT setup - I think we should consider dropping this setup all together in favor of a minion oriented 4 link.

This is one option it is mentioned either in the guide or in PoB notes. CWDT with Steelskin gives you some mitigation. I tried the minions in really nice Bone Helmet last league and it was nice. But zombies and/or spectres are less aggressive so you cannot offscreen with them. Try both and choose
"
Lemistio написал:

3) Commander of Darkness seems really "meh" at this point. 3% attack/cast speed is worse than a Minion Attack and Cast Speed node, 30% damage aura is covered by your animated guardians aura's (leer's cast and dying breath is 33% damage, not to mention the items are virtually free). Lastly the 20% all resist aura is really the only redeeming option here. Especially nice because it also gives your minions the resistances.

Keep in mind that most Bone Barrier bonuses work only when you have summoned minions. And your minions can die pretty fast against some Metamorph / endgame bosses even with Empower so it not 100% uptime.
Lastly in the thread is mentioned that Bone Barrier is a more defensive option to Unnatural Strength. Keep in mind that you can alter any build depending on how you want to play it. This is just the version that its author prefers.

"
Lemistio написал:

The new convoking wands can roll up to 30% minion move speed, so these should 100% be the preferred crafting base now.

You can get minion movement speed even from elsewhere and incursion rolled bases can heave REALLY nice attack speed increase which boosts your DPS a lot.

"
Lemistio написал:

I didn't see anything about anointments (might have over looked it) but I'm assuming Ravenous Horde is the best option?

Mentioned in 3.9 update and in PoB notes but I will copy it here:
ANNOINTS: Ravenous Horde, Influence, Golem Commander (Use Carrion & Earth/Chaos for defense, or Lightning Boi for the haste aura).

Keep in mind that I am playing this build only for 2 leagues and everyone can have different opinion though :)
Последняя редакция: irendie. Время: 17 дек. 2019 г., 0:55:56
"
This is one option it is mentioned either in the guide or in PoB notes. CWDT with Steelskin gives you some mitigation. I tried the minions in really nice Bone Helmet last league and it was nice. But zombies and/or spectres are less aggressive so you cannot offscreen with them. Try both and choose

That's valid but you could always add feeding frenzy if you wanted really aggressive minions. Alternatively it's likely that they'll aggro onto some stuff when your shield charging around to put up Fortify.

"
Keep in mind that most Bone Barrier bonuses work only when you have summoned minions. And your minions can die pretty fast against some Metamorph / endgame bosses even with Empower so it not 100% uptime.
Lastly in the thread is mentioned that Bone Barrier is a more defensive option to Unnatural Strength. Keep in mind that you can alter any build depending on how you want to play it. This is just the version that its author prefers.

Yea I agree, it will come down to player preference. If you drop the CWDT setup and use a zombie setup you'll easily have 9 maybe 10 right there. Even if they die during a boss, you'll have the SRS minions up by that point. If everything get's wiped out then you still have the on use shield from Bone Barrier as a fall back. Although personally I like to use it after I charge into/near a pack as a cushion to help summon more SRS minions.

"
You can get minion movement speed even from elsewhere and incursion rolled bases can heave REALLY nice attack speed increase which boosts your DPS a lot.

Is there a downside to having more minion movement speed? Also movement speed on rings/amulets is challenging to get decent rolls. I know incursion can roll Minion Damage/Chance for Minions to Deal Double Damage but I'm not aware of any mod that boost attack speed?

"
Mentioned in 3.9 update and in PoB notes but I will copy it here:
ANNOINTS: Ravenous Horde, Influence, Golem Commander (Use Carrion & Earth/Chaos for defense, or Lightning Boi for the haste aura).

Thank you! The suggestion for Influence is really interesting especially since I discounted the Minion Damage, Aura Effect node on the way to Commander of Darkness. Using those 2 together would be a 19% increase in your aura's which is pretty dang strong. Granted I still think Ravenous Horde is clear winner with movement speed and the onslaught on kill.

"
Keep in mind that I am playing this build only for 2 leagues and everyone can have different opinion though :)

I've played a few minion builds in the past but this is my first dedicated SRS summoner and I completely skipped Blight League so I'm definitely out of the loop.

Speaking of loops... Has anyone tried The Hungry Loop with this build? Seems like it's easy enough to get resistances via Commander of Darkness or Bone Barrier and all the rare gear this build wears. You could fit an entire extra 4 link this way. Perhaps a good option for an Animate Guardian and dedicate your helm to Zombies? Alternatively you could keep the CWDT setup for an additional level of defensiveness.
Последняя редакция: Lemistio. Время: 17 дек. 2019 г., 10:20:47
"
Lemistio написал:
I'm not aware of any mod that boost attack speed?

Here is my weapon which dropped from Incursion Metamorph - 27% increased minion attack speed was a really nice DPS boost from the damage increase + chance to deal double damage (which I had before).
"
irendie написал:
"
Lemistio написал:
I'm not aware of any mod that boost attack speed?

Here is my weapon which dropped from Incursion Metamorph - 27% increased minion attack speed was a really nice DPS boost from the damage increase + chance to deal double damage (which I had before).

Still not perfect weapon but I prefer to play and not spend hours trying to find (and then manage to buy) better gear on trade. And if the build is working correctly and deosnt need any improvements right now I just wanna play. And after I have enough currency then I can really delve to trading sites / crafting for hours.

EDIT: Accidentaly pressed reply instead of edit...
EDIT 2: It is also possible (probably from metamorphs) to get Convoking Wand with Incursion suffix. I saw a mgaical one with minion attack speed on trade but that is probably really expensive option to get + craft properly.
Последняя редакция: irendie. Время: 18 дек. 2019 г., 1:10:50

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация