[3.8] A CI/LL Tri-Curse Herald of Agony Occultist [Deathless Uber Elder, League Starter]

"
Random_Fewl написал:
nvm i never took those nodes i'm an idiot :D thanks for your help

Hehe, no problem. I hope it works now! :)
Heyho, first of all thanks for sharing.
If any of my questions below is already awnsered iam sorry, just note it and will look again.
(Excuse me for some "noob" questions, iam a bit rusty)

1. How Budget friendly is this build really? Tbh, the last time i played CI was a Year+ ago when Shav's was needed and i found the transition so hard that i never touched CI again.
2. How is leveling?
3. How does this Build compare to other "Budget/League starter as example Arc Mines
"
marcel2142 написал:
If any of my questions below is already awnsered iam sorry, just note it and will look again.

1. How Budget friendly is this build really? Tbh, the last time i played CI was a Year+ ago when Shav's was needed and i found the transition so hard that i never touched CI again.
2. How is leveling?
3. How does this Build compare to other "Budget/League starter as example Arc Mines

Just sharing my opinion/thoughts based on what I experienced so far. Right now I'm lvl74 and in early maps.

1. I started out with basically nothing, as I haven't played this league at all before this build. I was surprised how easy it was to get it going, even with some subpar items in the early-mid leveling. You don't actually need the perfect items. For the longest time, I was running a 3-link Herald of Agony which got me through like 6 acts. The Crawler deals a surprising amount of damage, so you just need to survive and apply poison.

As for CI, a few leagues earlier (Breach for example) going CI was much harder for me. So I think CI is a good choice now, it seems to accumulate fast, especially with the Ascendancy. Basically after getting 4 Ascendancy points, dying is almost impossible. The only downside I noticed so far is that surviving in the darkness of the mine is a bit harder as CI than with a health based character, as you have no health flasks.

2. Leveling was easy, I died like once or twice overall throughout the story, and it was mostly my fault for not paying attention. Damage is also very good with the Crawler, so there is no real issue.

3. Can't really comment on that unfortunately, as I haven't tried other builds this league. Vatinas probably has some insight for you. :)
Последняя редакция: littlezoe. Время: 21 нояб. 2018 г., 16:18:45
"
littlezoe написал:
Wow, I actually didn't know that. Thanks a lot for the tip! :)

This is the best, most helpful guide I found so far. ^^

Thank you so much for the compliment! I really appreciate it <3

"
littlezoe написал:
"
marcel2142 написал:

2. How is leveling?

Just sharing my opinion/thoughts based on what I experienced so far. Right now I'm lvl74 and in early maps.

1. I started out with basically nothing, as I haven't played this league at all before this build. I was surprised how easy it was to get it going, even with some subpar items in the early-mid leveling. You don't actually need the perfect items. For the longest time, I was running a 3-link Herald of Agony which got me through like 6 acts. The Crawler deals a surprising amount of damage, so you just need to survive and apply poison.

As for CI, a few leagues earlier (Breach for example) going CI was much harder for me. So I think CI is a good choice now, it seems to accumulate fast, especially with the Ascendancy. Basically after getting 4 Ascendancy points, dying is almost impossible. The only downside I noticed so far is that surviving in the darkness of the mine is a bit harder as CI than with a health based character, as you have no health flasks.

2. Leveling was easy, I died like once or twice overall throughout the story, and it was mostly my fault for not paying attention. Damage is also very good with the Crawler, so there is no real issue.

3. Can't really comment on that unfortunately, as I haven't tried other builds this league. Vatinas probably has some insight for you. :)

littlezoe answered perfectly! I second everything (s)he said.

As for the comparison to other league starter build, you will have a bit less damage than a GC miner for example, but the difference is that this build is much easier to gear. There are only a few uniques required (Quill Rain, Soul Strike, Bated Breath), which are all 1 alch, or maybe 1c at the very beginning of the league; other than that, you basically only need ES on your gear, and resistances are fairly easy to cap since there are so many slots filled with rare items.

Concerning the damage, as I mentioned, you will have less damage than huge damage builds like GC miner, but you should be able to very easily get through the story on a 3-link, and get to red maps on a 4-link. As mentioned by littlezoe, the Crawler's damage is quite surprising.

Feel free to ask any other question! :)
Hey Exiles,

I also approve everything that littlezoe said !

I also wanted to share two things of note with you all.

The first one, regarding our previous discussion with littlezoe and bhwung about making a "Cast When Damage Taken" level 1 setup with "Desecrate" level 7 and "Spirit Offering" level 8 (it still works, don't worry).

In fact, in my planned setup, I have found in Path of Building that "Flesh Offering" is actually better than "Spirit Offering". It is only when "Herald of Agony" is level 21 that Spirit Offering becomes very shortly better.

So I encourage you to actually try the simulated DPS of both in PoB, just to be sure. Not to mention that "Flesh Offering" seems better for clearing trash thanks to the increased minion movement speed.

The second one is to try "Summon Phantasm on Kill" support gem in your "Herald of Agony" setup for clearing trash. It seems to be very good. I haven't tested myself but a friend of mine tried and was very pleased, and I know that Vatinas will try too.
The downside is that you will have to switch back to "Minion Damage" support gem for bosses, but maybe for low/mid-level bosses, the DPS of the Crawler is already enough. So give it a try and let us know how it works for you.

Hope that helps, have fun guys !
Thanks for the reply,
Btw what about The Coming Calamity with the +2, wouldnt it be a huge dps increase instead of a rare?
Последняя редакция: marcel2142. Время: 22 нояб. 2018 г., 13:00:37
"
marcel2142 написал:
Thanks for the reply,
Btw what about The Coming Calamity with the +2, wouldnt it be a huge dps increase instead of a rare?

Long story short: yes, but it's not worth it when min-maxing.

Note first that the level granting the largest damage increase is lvl 21, where the attack speed buff per virulence goes from 3% to 4%. So, if you have a lvl 20 gem, the damage increase will be huge, but once you have a lvl 21, the damage increase will be much less attractive.

But the biggest problem with the Coming Calamity is the very, very low ES. I offered a LL alternative using Shavronne's Wrappings, but I don't play it myself because of the low ES; the Coming Calamity's ES is even lower. I feel like this build already has more than enough damage, and using a rare chest allows you to beef up the defense.

But I always like having tanky builds, which I know is not the case of everyone, so if you want to try it, go ahead, but you will have much less ES.

Hope this helps!
Hey Marcel2142,

to further emphasize what Vatinas said about the levels of Herald of Agony, I've run some numbers on my planned setup :

Going from Herald of Agony lvl 20 to level 22 (so with Coming Calamity) represents an increase of 50% of DPS !

but...

Going from Herald of Agony lvl 20 to level 21 represents already an increase of 35% of DPS !

and finally

Going from Herald of Agony lvl 21 to level 23 (so with HoA lvl 21 AND Coming Calamity) represents an increase of 29% of DPS (not that huge anymore)

So it's up to you if you use Coming Calamity or not (DPS vs Defense with more ES), but nevertheless, you should really try to get a level 21 Herald of Agony !

Good luck :-)
I started Delve REALLY late this league (just a couple days prior to me posting this). I just want to say how fantastic this build is. I never got anything more than a 4-link, and the crawler still dumps on everything. The survivability is nuts just because of the sheer scale of ES stacking and the recharge speeds. I only ever got in trouble when I was doing early delves due to the crawler attacking mobs behind and me getting bodyblocked, but once I got a flask with phasing, it was a breeze. I'd imagine using convocation would have the same effect, but I never used it.

While leveling, summon phantasm on kill support with the HoA really helped with general survivability.

10/10 definitely running for Betrayal league.
Hey

Why not a source of lightning damage, and use EE? The Crawler is physical, chaos and FIRE....if we do lightning damage, it's fire damage will be buffed.

I'v spent some time examining the build trying to figure out a reason NOT to take it. Can't find it. It's one passive. I think we can spare it.

Picked up:

PS: REALLY strong build. I've played many, this is up there. Little word of advise on Rain of Arrows: don't look for quality Vaal Rain of Arrows. Look for one with zero or close to zero quality. It has plenty of AOE without it, and in fact more AOE on it is a bad thing when it comes to single target. More spread= less arrows hitting which means worse Virulence stacking speed.
Последняя редакция: DamageIncorporated. Время: 25 нояб. 2018 г., 1:15:35

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация