{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

What are the alternative gems replacing?

Also how would you trigger spellslinger? Base wand attack?
@ Rakio:
"
Rakio написал:
What are the alternative gems replacing?

Skitterbots -> Spellslinger
Cyclone -> Power Siphon & CWDT
Zombies -> Moved from weapon to boots.

Up to you if you want to work in a Holy Relic and/or Chaos Golem, but it'd come out of the Zombies, CWDT, or AG.

"
Rakio написал:
Also how would you trigger spellslinger? Base wand attack?

It triggers from any wand attack. Spellslinger is different from CoC and CwC, as it's able to exist independently of the wand attack, like CWDT.

You can have a 6L wand skill, scaling attacks, and a separate 6L Spellslinger setup, scaling spells. This is what's making people very excited. You could have multiple Spellslinger setups across your gear, too, and they'd all trigger when you attack with a wand. The big limiting factor is reservation, so like Herald of Agony every additional support comes at a greater cost.
Последняя редакция: Hercanic. Время: 6 марта 2020 г., 20:41:44
Awesome write up and explanation @Hercanic

I missed it the first time I read your post above and totally underestimated/missunderstood Spellslinger use for summoners.

But this mean we have to constantly cast a wand attack that would make use stationary?
Cyclone advantage was mobility and phasing.

Also, I was playing with a strength stacking ES summoner last league, this seems to quite easily convert to to that if you need more ES?
Mainly thinking of adding required jewels, 2-3 unique witg STR benefits.

This league I think Frost Sentinels will be superior for the delirious monsters/area clearing + that I would like to focus on Blight maps :)
I wont be playing summoner this league, juts decided to check up on your reaction to new spectres, good luck on your game!
Последняя редакция: Horswag. Время: 7 марта 2020 г., 11:01:42
@Hercanic

"
Vicious Bites
This is HUGE. It's worth another 10% crit chance for minions (5% base * 200% per charge), putting them at a 45% chance with 4 charges. 70% crit multi becomes worth ~32% more damage.

The two downsides are it only affects three minion types (Spectres/Zombies/Skeletons; no Phantasms) and generating Power Charges for minions is limited to on Kill with Charity or anytime but with a 6sec cooldown from Host Chieftain Spectres (eating up a Spectre). This means, either way, it's hard to get them on Skeletons against a boss.

Vicious Bite say "+1 to Minimum Power Charge". Doesn't that mean that these minions will always have 1 power charge on them?
How is EE applied in the Spellslinger variant?

Ring with +lightning damage?
Seems unreliable.
@ IchiMorghulis:
"
IchiMorghulis написал:
Vicious Bite say "+1 to Minimum Power Charge". Doesn't that mean that these minions will always have 1 power charge on them?

Yep, you're totally right! My eyes leapt over that pesky word completely. GGG has nerfed the notable already, unfortunately, so I'll edit my original message with an updated breakdown.

@ Rakio:
Full Posts
"
Rakio написал:
Awesome write up and explanation @Hercanic

I missed it the first time I read your post above and totally underestimated/missunderstood Spellslinger use for summoners.

But this mean we have to constantly cast a wand attack that would make use stationary?
Cyclone advantage was mobility and phasing.

Also, I was playing with a strength stacking ES summoner last league, this seems to quite easily convert to to that if you need more ES?
Mainly thinking of adding required jewels, 2-3 unique witg STR benefits.

This league I think Frost Sentinels will be superior for the delirious monsters/area clearing + that I would like to focus on Blight maps :)
"
Rakio написал:

Ring with +lightning damage?
Seems unreliable.
"
we have to constantly cast a wand attack that would make use stationary?

Yep, that's one of the downsides. We'd have to shoot-n-scoot if things are too dangerous (which may offset the advantage), but ideally the faster ES healing would let us tank more often. We can also stay behind our army and still apply EE/curses.

"

Two things I've been meaning to try are Baron life leech paired with Soul Tether (life leech not removed at full life + leech applies to ES), and Mjölner (trigger lightning spell on hit) with Ball Lightning and Life+ES on Spell Hit. Either or both of these could fill the recovery void if Spirit Offering takes a big hit.

"

Power Siphon with flat added Lightning Damage somewhere (ring craft, jewel). Power Siphon auto-targets within an arc in front of you, and has 8 projectiles built-in, so you don't need to aim very hard at all. Pierce or Chain would let you apply EE to entire packs.

The only unreliable thing would be accuracy. Some monsters might be missed on the first attack, but if we're spamming Power Siphon to trigger Spirit Offering constantly, missing on occasion won't matter much.

In general map clear, we don't worry too much about applying EE on everything if they're dying quickly either way. EE is mainly for hard targets, like bosses.

@ Horswag:
"
Horswag написал:
I wont be playing summoner this league, juts decided to check up on your reaction to new spectres, good luck on your game!

Thanks! =oD
Последняя редакция: Hercanic. Время: 10 марта 2020 г., 20:51:19
"
Hercanic написал:

SPELLSLINGER VARIANT

Wow, thanks for the detailed breakdown! I'm very excited to give this a shot.

I'm curious about the AG as I haven't used one in the past. Does it need this much of a gear investment to be good? Or can you make it out of any old crap and still have it be beneficial (assuming you have the hungry loop set up). If it's not good until investment, should I put my zombie 5L in a hungry loop until I'm ready to make the investment?

Along those same lines, could the zombies go in a second hungry loop (so one for AG, one for zombies)? I guess big downside that you couldn't have any modifiers coming from your rings at all, but you would gain a free 4L.
Well, they did basically say they were nerfing us. Still, yikes:

Spectres are four levels lower.

Skeletons do 40% less damage across the board, and 1 fewer skeleton at level 20 (no info on higher levels).

Spirit Offering grants Chaos Resist instead of ES.

Bone Barrier no longer gives 30% Resistances for free, recovery per minion decreased by a third.

The Baron (not our build but lots of other Zombie builds) nerfed a lot.

--------

My guess is clearing won't be affected that much--Spectres four levels lower shouldn't be too terrible. Boss fights are going to be a lot harder, and Spirit Offering... well, now you can do something else with those four gems you were using. Maybe something Spellslinger? Oh and grab Commander of Darkness instead of Mistress of Sacrifice, I guess?

--------

I was planning on a different build anyway this league. I still haven't played a working fire character, so Fire Trap Sab it is? Should be fun.

Despite the nerf, thanks for the guide Herc!
GAME UPDATE
I will be editing in more about the 3.10 changes, the new cluster notables, and the upcoming gem preview.

3.10 Gem Information! (Dev QA on Reddit)

3.10 Patch Notes
3.10 Patch Notes!

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Added a new Intelligence Skill Gem - Spellslinger: While active, reserves mana for each linked spell and will cause those spells to trigger at the end of your attacks while wielding a wand.

Spellslinger is now offered to the Witch for completing Lost in Love, and can be purchased from Clarissa by the Templar, Shadow and Scion.

Spellslinger Cooldown Thresholds

With my earlier Spellslinger idea out the window, I'd really like to incorporate this into a minion build at some point.

Skeleton Mages, so they benefit from Spellslinger's added Spell Damage mod?

The trouble is justifying Spellslinger over directly casting the minion spell. Like dual-casting Skeletons and Raging Spirits.

Animate Weapon with Bladefall seems like a waste. They last so long (lots of easy minion duration), and now cast in an area. Why not just manually throw down some Lingering Blades, manually get your Animated Weapons up, save links and keeping mana open for auras?

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Added a new Dexterity/Intelligence Support Gem - Second Wind Support: Adds an additional cooldown use to supported skills, and grants those skills increased cooldown recovery rate.

Second Wind is now offered to the Ranger and Shadow (instead of Fire Penetration) for completing A Fixture of Fate, and can be purchased from Siosa by all classes except Marauder.

Second Wind doesn't exclude minions! There are many monster abilities limited by cooldowns, such as Carnage/Host Chieftains. Even getting Cooldown Reduction on minions is a big plus.

It should work for any skill, too, so Zombie Slam and Skeleton Dash should be supportable.

It's also a Green Gem! It can support Dash on Cold Triad Grip if we want. Just what I hoped for!

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Improved the performance of all ailment effects on players and monsters.

Good news for Elemental Proliferation!

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Increases and reductions to reflected damage taken (such as the Sextant modifier or the Yugul God Power) now also affect your minions.

Did it work? In any case, yay! Summoners had no way to directly mitigate reflect damage against minions until now.

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Ascendancy Balance: Necromancer
Bone Barrier no longer grants Elemental Resistances per minion. Increased Life and Energy Shield Recovery per minion is now 2% (from 3%), capping out at 20% (from 30%).

Commander of Darkness now grants you and nearby allies +30% to all Elemental Resistances (from 20%).

I'm sad to see the resists go from Bone Barrier. It gave so much breathing room on gear, and helped a great deal during early mapping.

I'm glad to see Commander of Darkness buffed, but it's still not compelling outside of aura and aura effect stacking.

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Spirit Offering
Repeated, rapid casting of Spirit Offering was far too efficient as a means of protecting and recovering Minion Life (and player Life through Mistress of Sacrifice). This still provides valuable protection for minions without it being significantly better than almost every other tool available.

No longer grants a portion of the minion's maximum life as Energy Shield.

Now grants +20% to Chaos Resistance at gem level 1, up to +30% at gem level 20.

I was expecting some kind of nerf, but they completely gutted the poor thing.

Animated Guardian survival with Mask of the Stitched Demon also takes a huge hit from this change. A rare chest with the "10% Life as Extra ES" craft will be necessary now, so no room for Garb of the Ephemeral or Sporeguard if you want high regen.

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Summon Skeletons
Damage dealt by minions at all gem levels has been lowered by approximately 40%. This change isn't visible on the gem as it is a property of the minion itself, and does not affect Skeleton Mages or any other non-basic Skeleton minions summoned by Vaal Summon Skeletons.

The number of maximum summoned skeletons you can have at gem level 20 is now 7 (from 8).

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Raise Spectre
Raised Spectres are now level 31 at gem level 1, up to level 76 at gem level 20 (previously level 80 at gem level 20).

Made significant improvements to a number of Spectred monsters. Many monsters that couldn't be spectred previously now can, and many that previously only used their melee attacks in unlife will now use whatever special skills they had in life. Several Spectres that were dealing damage far above others have been toned down. We're looking at you, Atlas Influence monsters.

Added the capacity to raise hundreds of new monsters as Spectres, including those found from Atlas Influence and from league content such as Breach.

Fixed a bug where monsters would not use their Cyclone skill unless you were a very specific distance away.

Each monster level is worth ~5% more damage and ~7% more life.

Pre-L20, it's a four level loss. Post-L20 it gains two monster levels per gem level until L22, then it goes back to 1:1. Meaning it's only a loss of two levels instead of four.

This change won't hurt us much, since Phantasms are unaffected and Frost Sentinels are pretty tanky.

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Raise Zombie
The number of maximum raised zombies you can have at gem level 20 is now 6 (from 7).

Zombie behaviour while idle and near the player is now less chaotic.

Raised Zombies now use animations we created for Path of Exile 2.

Feeding Frenzy Support
Now gives minions from supported skills 25% chance to grant Feeding Frenzy to you on hit at gem level 1, up to 44% at gem level 20 (previously 25% at all gem levels).

No longer causes minions from supported skills to deal more damage while you have Feeding Frenzy.

-1 Zombie and further loss of damage on Feeding Frenzy. Not good, but not terrible. They'll still serve their purpose. I look forward to seeing the new animations!

The value of Feeding Frenzy on Skeletons is becoming questionable. I plan to test out Minion Speed Support as an alternative.

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Summon Carrion Golem
Now causes your Carrion Golems to deal 5% more damage per non-Golem minion near them (from 8%), up to a maximum of 50% (from 80%).

Kind of surprised on this nerf. Carrion Golems were pretty good, but they were only as strong as a single Skeleton.

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Summon Holy Relic
Now displays the minion's life in the tooltip.

Now has a cooldown of 0.3 seconds on its nova skill (from 0.25).

I'm glad GGG was able to get around to displaying the Holy Relic's life. Back when I first pointed out how the Holy Relic was missing its life and regen values in Stat Transparency, GGG shortly added the regen values but not the life.

The nerf to the trigger rate isn't terrible. Considering they had just been buffed from a 0.5 trigger rate to 0.25, they're still ahead. But it seems like few people noticed this improvement, so it never got its time in the sun.

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Herald of Agony
Agony Crawler now deals 5% increased physical damage per Virulence you have at gem level 1 (from 6%), up to 9% at gem level 20 (from 12%).

Nerfed to 360% from 480%, a loss of 120%. The original build would be less affected by this than other Agony builds, because we still stacked minion damage on the tree.

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Animate Weapon
  • Now has the Physical tag.
  • Now animates a weapon in an area around where you are targetting (you don't have to target a specific item).
  • Animate Weapon has been reworked and undergone some cosmetic upgrades as well.
  • The damage multiplier on Animate Weapon was not applying to the minion's damage at all. Whoops! Because of this, the skill has been rebalanced.
  • Can now be supported by Unleash and Spell Echo.
  • Now has a base duration of 40 seconds (from 37.5 seconds) at all gem levels.
  • Now allows a maximum of 5 Animated Weapons at gem level 1, up to 14 at gem level 20 (from 50 at all gem levels).
  • Now has a base cast speed of 0.6 seconds (from 0.8).
  • Now costs 4 mana at gem level 1 (from 7), up to 12 at gem level 20 (from 26).
  • Now grants your minions' attacks 5 to 8 additional Physical Damage at gem level 1 (from 4 to 6), up to 126 to 184 at gem level 20 (from 38 to 56).
  • Minions now deal 10% more damage at gem level 1, up to 48% more at gem level 20. Note that there was previously similar (but numerically higher) bonus listed on the skill gem that, as it turns out, did nothing.
  • Now grants your minions 10% more attack speed at gem level 1, up to 48% more at gem level 20. Previously the gem granted increased attack speed rather than more.
  • Now gains 2% increased Minion Movement Speed per 1% gem quality (from 4% increased Minion Movement Speed).

Bladefall
Can now create Lingering Blades. These can be animated with Animate Weapon or destroyed with Blade Blast. These blades have a base duration of 6 seconds at all gem levels.

Ethereal Knives
Can now create Lingering Blades. These can be animated with Animate Weapon or destroyed with Blade Blast. These blades have a base duration of 6 seconds at all gem levels.

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Dash
Now gains 3% increased travel distance per gem level.

What the new Dash will look like.

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Flame Dash
The increased Cooldown Recovery Speed this skill gains as it levels up has been lowered. It now gains up to 47% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed by gem level 20 (from 76%).

Now gains 1% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed per 2% gem quality (from 1% increased Cooldown Recovery per 1% gem quality).

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Frostblink
Now deals damage and leaves chilled ground at both its start and end locations.

Now receives a reduced cooldown based on the number of nearby enemies at both its start and end locations.

Now has a base maximum travel distance of 42 at gem level 1 (from 32).

Now gains 2% increased travel distance per gem level.

Now gains additional radius as it levels, up to +3 at gem level 20.

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Item Balance
The "Enduring" modifier on mana flasks now has 30% reduced duration (from 25%) and now also has 30% reduced Amount Recovered. Flasks with this modifier are no longer queued while a stronger effect is active. Instead, the duration will continue to expire with no effect until the stronger flask effect ends or the Enduring flask's duration expires completely.

The "Citaqualotl's" one-handed weapon modifiers now grant 50 to 66% increased damage dealt by your minions (from 70 to 74%). The two-handed weapon versions now grant 85 to 94% increased damage dealt by your minions (from 105 to 110%). You can use a Divine Orb on existing weapons if you're sick of how strong your minion build is.

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Crafted Modifiers
The Veiled modifier that grants +1 to you maximum number of Summoned Skeletons and Raised Zombies can now only be unveiled/crafted on the helmet slot. It can no longer be unveiled/crafted on body armours.

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Influenced Item Modifiers
New mods are available on Hunter Influenced and Warlord Influenced gloves.

Shaper Influenced helmets can now gain "Nearby Enemies take increased Elemental Damage".

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Fossil Crafting
We want crafting to be a way to get great items, but not the only way to get the very best items. Fossil Crafting in particular was the only way to obtain a large number of very desirable mods. We've done away with all Fossil-exclusive mods except those found on Faceted, Bloodstained and Hollow Fossils, and moved a number of them to other sources. These mods can still be obtained through Fossil crafting, as long as the base item also fulfills the mod's requirements.

The following mods have been relocated, while all others can no longer be obtained:

On Boots: ... +1 to global level of raised Spectres (now from Elder's Influence).

Helmet: ... Nearby Enemies have -x% Cold Resistance (now from Redeemer's Influence), ..., Nearby Enemies take x% increased Physical Damage (now from Elder's Influence), ...

Belt: ... increased Energy Shield from Body Armour (now from Shaper's Influence, and now a Prefix), ...

Weapons: Socketed Attacks/Spells deal x% more Damage (now found from Shaper's Influence), ..., chance to Intimidate on Hit (now found from Hunter's Influence), Auras from your Skills grant increased Damage to you and Allies (now from Redeemer's Influence).

Glove, Amulet and Shield Fossil-exclusive modifiers can no longer be obtained in any form. Existing items will be unchanged.

"
Bex_GGG написал:
Incursion Changes
If you're very lucky, you can now find double-corrupted Strings of Servitude from Incursion Temples of level 80 or greater.

The best mods for us would be:
  • 1. 24% increased maximum Life (= ~480 life vs. ~420 life from 140 flat)
  • 2. 48% to all Elemental Resistances
  • 3. Hatred has 60% increased Aura Effect (= 17% more damage vs. 7% more from minion speed jewel)

"
Bex_GGG написал:
User Interface Improvements
Standardised the behaviour of instant skills bound to the left mouse button or any button that is held thusly: all non-Vaal guard skills, Blood Rage, Detonate Mines, Convocation, Phase Run, Vortex, Summon Doedre's Effigy, Focus, Brand Recall and Withering Step will repeat as long as you hold the button down. Berserk, Frostblink and Deathmark will repeat as long as you hold the button down while you also have attack-in-place set. Throw Flare and Throw Dynamite will only be used once if you hold the button down. All auras and other reservation skills, Righteous Fire, Vaal Righteous Fire, Plague Bearer and Vaal Molten Shell will only be used once but also require that you have attack-in-place set.

3.10 Cluster Jewel Notables
3.10 Cluster Jewel Notables! I will cover any that could be of use to us.

1. Keystones
Nothing of any real benefit to us among the seven new keystones, unfortunately.

"
Disciple of Kitava
Every second, Consume a nearby Corpse to Recover 5% of Life and Mana
10% more Damage taken if you haven't Consumed a Corpse Recently

A good pairing for the Devouring Diadem helm, since in both cases you'll want to be generating corpses for reliable recovery.

10% more damage taken is pretty risky. Another downside is that it'll consume automatically, and thus could mess up raising your Spectres.

"
Lone Messenger
You can only have one Herald
50% more Effect of Herald Buffs on you
100% more Damage with Hits from Herald Skills
50% more Damage Over Time with Herald Skills
Minions from Herald Skills deal 25% more Damage
Your Aura Skills are Disabled

Even for the original build, which uses Herald of Agony, this would be terrible, since we don't want to give up Hatred.

"
Secrets of Suffering
Cannot Ignite, Chill, Freeze or Shock
Critical Strikes inflict Scorch, Brittle and Sapped

(Scorched Enemies have their Elemental Resistances lowered by up to 30%, based on the Fire Damage of the Hit, for 4 seconds)
(Hits have up to +15% Critical Strike Chance against Brittle Enemies, based on the Cold Damage of the Hit which inflicted Brittle, for 4 seconds)
(Sapped Enemies deal up to 20% less Damage, based on the Lightning Damage of the Hit, for 4 seconds)

This keystone is very powerful when you consider that Skitterbots allow you to keep Shock and Chill, and even Burning if linked with Infernal Legion. You'd have to deal a significant amount of all three elements to get the most out of this, though, or use a rotating skill like Elemental Hit or Wild Strike.

2. Minion Notables
"
Renewal
Minions Regenerate 1% of Life per second
Minions have 10% chance to deal Double Damage while they are on Full Life

Worth 10% more damage and improves potency of ailments.

Minion Leech, Regen, and ES from Grave Intentions can help keep minions at full life.

Pairs well with the damage immunity of Blessed Rebirth.

"
Raze and Pillage
Minions have 20% chance to Ignite
Minions deal 20% increased Damage against Ignited Enemies
Minions gain 6% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage

Worth ~7% more damage.

Minions are poor for Ignite damage, since only the highest will deal damage and our total damage is spread out amongst dozens of minions. Its only real use would be a Minion Instability build (e.g. detonate Spectres) or for clearing trash with proliferation.

"
Rotten Claws
Minions have a 20% chance to Impale on Hit with Attacks

Worth ~10% more damage for pure phys minions against tough enemies (takes 5 hits to deal full damage).

Can be improved with Impale Effect from Impale Support.

"
Call to the Slaughter
Minions deal 15% increased Damage
Minions created Recently have 10% increased Attack and Cast Speed
Minions created Recently have 30% increased Movement Speed

Worth ~8% more damage for our recent Skeletons, and ~3% more damage otherwise.

The burst of 30% movement speed on creation would be a boon to Skeletons. Pair it with Minion Speed Support, and you may not need the dash from Feeding Frenzy.

"
Skeletal Atrophy
Summoned Skeletons have 10% chance to Wither Enemies for 2 seconds on Hit
Summoned Skeletons have 30% of Physical Damage Converted to Chaos Damage

Chaos conversion looks a little better with this. You could get away with only 3 white sockets on a Triad Grip and have most of their damage as Chaos. Meaning you wouldn't be dependent on Temple and could get white sockets from Syndicate with Vorici on Research.

If paired with the Withering Touch support, Skeletons would have a 35% chance to inflict Wither. It stacks up to 15 times (90% increased Chaos Damage), and lasts 2 seconds. Meaning you must inflict at least ~8 per second to cap it.

With Multistrike, Skeletons can reach at least 4.6 attack rate. With 10 Skeletons, that's 46 hits per second. With just Skeletal Atrophy, you'd only reach 4.6 Withers per second. Adding Withering Touch would bring it up to 16.1 Withers per second (=46*0.35). Meaning you can hit cap in less than a second. Trade out Multistrike, and you'd get (32*0.35=) 11.2 Withers per second.

"
Hulking Corpses
Minions have 20% increased maximum Life
20% increased Raised Zombie Size
Raised Zombies have 5% chance to Taunt Enemies on Hit

Meh. Minion Taunt on a jewel applies to all minions, including Skeletons.

The increased Zombie size may be detrimental to Skeletons/Vaal Skeletons being able to all surround a boss.

"
Vicious Bite
Minions have 50% increased Critical Strike Chance
Raised Spectres, Raised Zombies, and Summoned Skeletons have +50% to Critical Strike Multiplier

Precise Commander
You and nearby Allies have 50% increased Critical Strike Chance
You and nearby Allies have +15% to Critical Strike Multiplier

These are weak on their own. Vicious Bite is only worth 4.4% more damage.

If combined with Power Charges, it becomes one of the highest sources of damage from a notable.

With 3 Power Charges, Vicious Bites becomes 17.6% more damage.

With both notables, 3 PCs, and a Kingmaker AG, your minions would have:

40% crit chance (= 5 base * 8)
245% crit multi (= 130 base + 50 + 50 + 15)

Which is worth 58% more damage altogether.

If you already have 3 PCs and a Kingmaker AG, adding Vicious Bites would be worth 16.2% more damage. Precise Commander would be 6.2% more damage, meaning even after all that investment it's still on the weak side (equivalent to ~12% increased minion attack/cast speed or ~30% increased minion damage).

"
Dread March
Minions have 10% increased maximum Life
Minions have 10% increased Movement Speed
Minions have 10% additional Physical Damage Reduction
Minions have +10% to Chaos Resistance

Decent movement speed, and good for Animated Guardian survival. I wouldn't go out of my way to get this one, though.

With Indomitable Army, your minions would have 35% phys reduction.

With Grave Intentions, your minions would have +41% Chaos Resistance.

"
Blessed Rebirth
Minions have 20% increased maximum Life
Minions created Recently cannot be Damaged

This would guarantee 4 seconds of Skeleton damage. This could be helpful in deep Delves, deadly boss AOE, and certain Legion mobs (like Templar).

You could also unsummon and resummon your AG to give it invulnerability.

Since you can freely swap out Cluster Jewels, it may be useful to keep this one on standby for the rare times you need it.

"
Life from Death
Minions have 15% increased maximum Life
Regenerate 2% of Life per second if a Minion has Died Recently
Minions Recover 4% of Life on Minion Death

You could use Raging Spirit spam (e.g. CwC) to heal your other minions.

Spamming Skeletons is also an option, since at cap you'd kill off four Skeletons per cast (16% heal, almost what we lost from Spirit Offering). But then you'd be resetting their Frenzy Charges, so it's not recommended.

Phantasms is where it gets interesting. Because our Spectres are continually generating and replacing Phantasms for us, Life from Death would consistently heal our minions. This means the 2% regen for yourself would be in effect near-constantly as well.

"
Feasting Fiends
Minions deal 10% increased Damage
Minions Leech 0.4% of Damage as Life

Nothing special here. We get 0.2% leech from pathing to Death Attunement. For 1 point by Sacrifice, we could grab 0.6%, but we usually ignore this.

For other builds that don't go to these locations, though, this opens up opportunities. So that's good.

"
Bodyguards
Minions have 10% chance to Knock Enemies Back on Hit with Attacks

Not recommended for melee minions, as it'll reduce their DPS.

Knockback can be especially good if you're using Fireball-type Spectres, as pushing a boss into a wall means Fireballs that hit the wall will explode nearby the boss, potentially dealing splash damage to them if their AOE is big enough. Projectile Weakness curse would further improve knockback.

3. Offensive Notables
"
CURSE NOTABLES

Master of Fear
Enemies you Curse are Intimidated
Enemies you Curse are Unnerved

Evil Eye
Enemies you Curse take 5% increased Damage
5% chance to Dodge Attack Hits from Cursed Enemies

Wish for Death
You have Culling Strike against Cursed Enemies
Curse Skills have 20% increased Skill Effect Duration

Master of Fear is worth ~10% more damage. We could get Intimidate from Hunter-influenced gloves on our Animated Guardian, but that may be expensive depending on the market. There's also an Awakened Melee Physical Damage Support as another option, but that's definitely expensive. Intimidate aside, Unnerve would benefit our Spectres and Phantasms.

Evil Eye is worth <5% more damage depending on how many other Increased Taken effects you apply, such as Shock, Bonechill Support, Maim Support, Aspect of the Spider, Intimidate, Unnerve, etc. Not the best for solo-play, but in a party it'll be great.

Wish for Death is effectively worth 11% more damage if you have no other source of Cull. Power Siphon or a Kingmaker AG give Cull.

"
AURA NOTABLES

Vengeful Commander
Anger has 30% increased Aura Effect
Wrath has 30% increased Aura Effect
Hatred has 30% increased Aura Effect

First Among Equals
10% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills
Non-Curse Aura Skills have 20% increased Duration

Purposeful Harbinger
10% increased Effect of Auras on You for each Herald affecting you

Replenishing Presence
8% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills
Auras from your Skills grant 0.2% of Life Regenerated per second to
you and Allies

Master of Command
50% reduced Mana Reservation of Banner Skills
15% increased Effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills on Enemies

Vengeful Commander is worth 8.5% more damage from Hatred. For comparison, this would be equivalent to a node with ~43% increased minion damage or 17% increased minion attack/cast speed.

First Among Equals is worth 2.8% more damage from Hatred. The duration effect would benefit Vaal auras, placed Banners, and Smite.

Purposeful Harbinger is worth 2.8% more damage from Hatred if using Herald of Agony in the original build. We don't stack Heralds, so we can't get much out of this.

Replenishing Presence is worth 2.1% more damage from Hatred. You could get up to 0.8% regen if using Hatred, Discipline, L1 Precision, and L1 Clarity, but using limited sockets on 0.4% regen is a waste.

Master of Command would cut Banner reservation down to 5%. The bonus effect would apply to Pride's phys damage taken, Dread Banner's less accuracy, War Banner's phys damage taken, and Flesh and Stone's phys damage taken. It may also benefit High-Impact Mine Support's double damage aura, Icicle Mine's crit chance aura, Stormblast Mine's damage taken aura, and Pyroclast Mine's flat fire damage aura.

"
EXPOSURE NOTABLES

Corrosive Elements
15% increased Elemental Damage
Cold Skills have a 25% chance to apply Cold Exposure on Hit
Fire Skills have a 25% chance to apply Fire Exposure on Hit
Lightning Skills have a 25% chance to apply Lightning Exposure on Hit

Cooked Alive
15% chance to Ignite
Enemies Ignited by you have -10% to Fire Resistance

Corrosive Elements could be used with EE for Cold if we took Avatar of Fire and used a Cold Skill (e.g. Winter Orb), since the notable doesn't depend on dealing Cold Damage. It's not any stronger than Elemental Army Support, though, so we don't need it.

Cooked Alive will stack with Combustion Support as well as Fire Exposure, so GGG is giving a lot to fire on this front over the other elements. Sadly, unless we used the Three Dragons helm, we can't make use of this due to EE.

4. Defensive Notables
"
Overlord
30% increased Damage with Maces, Sceptres or Staves
Gain Fortify for 6 seconds on Melee Hit with a Mace, Sceptre or Staff

We'd be limited to a Mace or Sceptre, but this would free up the boot slot.

"
CHANNELING NOTABLES

Hex Breaker
8% increased Attack and Cast Speed while Channelling
Immune to Curses while Channelling

Vital Focus
Channelling Skills deal 30% increased Damage
Regenerate 1.5% of Life per second while Channelling

Hex Breaker is really good for certain situations. Map curses being the biggest headache relief. Curse reflection, such as from Atziri and the Maelström unique map, would be countered. Hall of Grandmasters, Necromancer monsters, and other curse casters would no longer be a worry.

Vital Focus is a decent amount of regen, but there are better options.

"
Energy From Naught
+100 to maximum Energy Shield

That'd be 300 ES with 200% increased ES. A 5% life node is worth ~100 life, so this notable is roughly comparable to a 15% life node or 30% ES node.

"
LIFE NOTABLES

Surging Vitality
8% increased maximum Life
Regenerate 0.5% of Life per second
Every 5 seconds, Regenerate 10% of Life over one second

Fettle
+20 to maximum Life
10% increased maximum Life

Sublime Sensation
10% increased maximum Energy Shield

Peak Vigour
30% increased Life Recovery from Flasks

Surging Vitality is very strong, but the 5 second wait is too long to be counted on.

Fettle is a weaker Discipline and Training or Heart of the Warrior, but still pretty good. Flat life is always welcome. It's worth another 3% life, making the node equivalent to a 13% life node.

Sublime Sensation is a weaker Written in Blood, but still a good hybrid node. ES has about half the value to us, so the node is roughly comparable to a 13% life node.

Peak Vigour is a weaker Herbalism. Life Flask Recovery can be really good, but unlike the above it demands attention and action.

"
ON HIT NOTABLES

Feast of Flesh
0.4% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life
+10 Life gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks

Improvisor
6% increased Attack Speed
10% increased maximum Mana
+3 Mana gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks

Feast of Flesh is a fantastic node. Solid life, leech, and the very rare Life on Hit. It'd help offset not using a claw.

Improvisor would be great for No Regen maps. However, if you instead went for Enduring Focus, you wouldn't need to craft any "minimum Endurance Charges" on your jewelry, freeing up a craft for "-3 mana cost of channeling skills", essentially making Cyclone free.

"
Doryani's Lesson
0.2% of Elemental Damage Leeched as Life
25% increased Elemental Damage

Life Leech that is non-Attack is an extremely rare and controlled mod. This is absolutely fantastic for any elemental spellcaster that doesn't want to go Paragon of Calamity on Elementalist, Illuminated Devtion on Hierophant, trade a link for Life Leech Support, or use a Doryani's Invitation belt.

For us, we don't output much personal damage to make proper use of leech, but with this on the table we could always consider going hybrid.

"
PHYS REDUCTION NOTABLES

Enduring Focus
Channelling Skills deal 25% increased Damage
25% chance to gain an Endurance Charge each second while Channelling

Enduring Composure
30% increased Armour
Gain an Endurance Charge every second if you've been Hit Recently

Dragon Hunter
30% increased Armour
+20% to Fire Resistance
5% additional Physical Damage Reduction

Stubborn Student
20% increased Armour
15% increased maximum Mana
4% additional Physical Damage Reduction

Numbing Elixir
25% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
25% increased Mana Recovery from Flasks
3% additional Physical Damage Reduction during Effect of any Life or Mana Flask

Enduring Focus is a must-have if you are going with Cyclone. It'll take roughly 4 seconds to generate an Endurance Charge, meaning you will be able to refresh and maintain the maximum within their 10 second duration. The Endurance notable next to Devotion would get you to four charges, for a total of 16% phys reduction. It would also free up your jewelry crafts from needing minimum charges.

Enduring Composure is a decent substitute for generating Endurance Charges, but the requirement of being hit puts it in second place for us.

Dragon Hunter gives us an accessible source of stacking phys reduction, and is definitely recommended if you plan to stack phys reduction at all.

Stubborn Student is a bit weaker, but still viable.

Putting the above together, we could have:

16% from 4x ECs
9% from DH + SS
5% from Chaos Golem
10% from Bone Barrier ascendancy
----------
= 40% sustainable phys reduction

+15% from Basalt flask
+6% from Solaris pantheon
----------
= 21% conditional phys reduction

That's 61% phys reduction before armor. You can also anoint Soul of Steel for another 5%, and several rare item mods also give phys reduction.

This is phenomenal protection against the most common damage type. I highly recommend stacking phys reduction wherever possible.

"
MAX RESIST NOTABLES

Prismatic Carapace
30% increased Armour
+1% to all maximum Elemental Resistances

Prismatic Dance
30% increased Evasion Rating
+1% to all maximum Elemental Resistances

Molten One's Mark
+2% to maximum Fire Resistance
Regenerate 1% of Life per second

Winter Prowler
+2% to maximum Cold Resistance
6% increased Movement Speed

Wizardry
8% increased maximum Mana
+2% to maximum Lightning Resistance

Born of Chaos
+3% to maximum Chaos Resistance

The singular elemental ones offer better secondary stats, but are less reliable if you don't get all three.

To understand the value of max resistances, you would go from taking 25% damage to 24% damage. (24/25=) 4% less damage. (23/25=) 8% less damage.

Born of Chaos would be hard to make use of without stacking to a positive 39% (99% total) Chaos Resistance and then anointing Cleansed Thoughts.

"
CHAOS PROTECTION NOTABLES

Antivenom
+17% to Chaos Resistance
Unaffected by Poison

Rot-Resistant
+13% to Chaos Resistance
Regenerate 1.2% of Life per second
Regenerate 0.6% of Energy Shield per second
Regenerate 0.3% of Mana per second

Blessed
6% increased maximum Life
10% increased maximum Mana
+13% to Chaos Resistance

Antivenom not only frees up your Minor Pantheon from Shakari, but it's Unaffected instead of Immune. This means you can use the Golden Rule jewel to benefit from self-poison without any ill.

Rot-Resistant has some rather nice and rare stats.

Blessed is similar to Purity of Flesh.

If you can stack up ~99% Chaos Resistance from gear and passives, anointing Cleansed Thoughts will cap it.

"
Cremator
30% increased Fire Damage
Ignited Enemies you hit are destroyed on Kill

An alternative to freezing and shattering for dealing with many dangerous on-death monster effects.

The mod is the same as on the Pyre ring.

"
BLIND ON HIT NOTABLES

Shifting Shadow
20% increased Evasion Rating
+20 to Dexterity
10% chance to Blind Enemies on Hit

Pure Guile
Purity of Ice has 30% reduced Mana Reservation
+20 to Dexterity
5% chance to Blind Enemies on Hit

Disorienting Display
25% increased Elemental Damage
10% chance to Blind nearby Enemies when you use an Elemental Skill

We can blind bosses easily enough with a single Minion Blind Ghastly Jewel. However, this won't impact your safety while clearing by much. The Flesh and Stone aura is good for that, but it takes up reservation we'd rather not part with.

If we're hitting with Cyclone and Ball Lightning, Blind can be applied much more thoroughly while clearing. Shifting Shadow would be the best of the bunch for this.

Blind means you will only be hit by half of all attacks, making it very potent protection against large groups.

Between the time of first encounter to wiping out a pack, there's a period of vulnerability for us to take hits from that pack. The usefulness of Blind on Hit, therefore, really depends on how quickly and thoroughly it can be applied. Which is what makes Flesh and Stone so great, as it's instant.

As such, I cannot entirely recommend this approach, but it may be worth considering. You can accrue around ~8 CwC Ball Lightnings while moving forward with Cyclone, which represents a lot of first-contact hits.

"
Chilling Presence
Nearby Enemies are Chilled

If you can't use Skitterbots, due to Discipline/Hatred, this will give you a guaranteed 10% chill. Downside is it cannot be supported, so no Bonechill. Even so, it's good protection that also enables things like Hypothermia Support.

5. Utility Notables
"
MOVEMENT SPEED NOTABLES

Advance Guard
Attack Skills deal 30% increased Damage while holding a Shield
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
5% increased Movement Speed while holding a Shield

Bloodscent
Attacks with Axes or Swords grant 1 Rage on Hit, no more than once every second

Darting Movements
5% increased Movement Speed
5% chance to Dodge Attack and Spell Hits while moving

Advance Guard is worth 11% movement speed.

Bloodscent is worth 10% movement speed after 50 seconds of hits.

"
FLASK NOTABLES

Fasting
20% increased Flask Charges gained
20% increased Movement Speed while under no Flask Effects

Mender's Wellspring
25% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
Life Flasks gain 1 Charge every 3 seconds
Remove Bleeding when you use a Life Flask

Fasting is a huge movement speed buff in situations like bosses, where flask charges are limited.

Mender's Wellspring helps against bosses and Darkness delving, where life flask charges can end up tapped out. It also makes the Concentrated prefix less of an issue.

6. Herald of Agony Notables
These notables hold potential for the original build, which uses HoA.

"
Septic Spells
8% increased Cast Speed
Spell Skills have +10% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Poison
20% chance to Poison on Hit with Spell Damage

If paired with the Golden Rule jewel and Antivenom cluster notable, you'd have the equivalent of Lesser Poison Support without needing a socket or Elder-influenced gloves.

"
HERALD NOTABLES

Pure Agony
+1 to maximum number of Sentinels of Purity
+5 to Maximum Virulence
Minions deal 20% increased Damage while you are affected by a Herald

Disciples
1% additional Physical Damage Reduction per Summoned Sentinel of Purity
You lose Virulence 30% slower

Cult-Leader
Minions deal 35% increased Damage while you are affected by a Herald

Invigorating Portents
Minions have 10% increased Movement Speed for each Herald affecting you

Pure Agony is the best of the bunch. Virulence damage is cubic, so those five additional stacks are worth quite a lot. You'll probably need the Golden Rule jewel and Antivenom cluster notable to keep the stacks up against bosses. Disciples could also help, but is not nearly as strong as the doubling of Golden Rule. Once you're using Golden Rule, though, something like Disciples becomes unnecessary.

Cult-Leader is worth ~7% more damage to the non-Crawler minions.

7. Speaker's Wreath Notables
These notables go well with Speaker's Wreath, which prevents minions from killing. Degen kills (e.g. poison, decay, burn) count as your own, so when paired with the Wreath you can benefit from On Kill effects.

"
HERALD OF ICE NOTABLES

Blast-Freeze
20% increased Cold Damage
Freezes you inflict spread to other Enemies within a Radius of 12

Agent of Destruction
10% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite while affected by a Herald
25% increased Elemental Damage while affected by a Herald

Calamitous
10% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite
30% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
15% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments

Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
+1% to Critical Strike Chance of Herald Skills
+25% to Critical Strike Multiplier if you dealt a Critical Strike with a Herald Skill Recently

By giving Herald of Ice freeze chance and/or crit chance, and allowing those freezes to proliferate, chain explosions can be achieved.

An alternate method for chain explosions, if you can afford the gear, uses Inpulsa's Broken Heart and Storm's Gift. Speaker's Wreath will cause minions to only bring monsters down to 1 life, where just about any degen can kill. These count as your kills, resulting in a Shock on the corpse from Storm's Gift, followed by a proliferated Shock onto surrounding foes. When they die, they'll trigger the 5% life explosion from Inpulsa, which is scaled up by the generic damage we get from Spiritual Aid and minion damage. These explosions also Hit, but cannot be reflected, so we can benefit from Life Leech. Such as the 0.2% elemental damage leech from Doryani's Lesson.

Chain explosions are one of the top ways to quickly clear maps, but they don't do much against bosses.

"
No Witnesses
10% chance to gain Elusive on Kill
25% increased Elusive Effect

30% (37%) movement speed and 15% (18.75%) attack/spell dodge, tapering down to zero over 5 seconds.

"
EXPLODE ON KILL NOTABLES

Unspeakable Gifts
Enemies you Kill have a 10% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage

Explosive Force
Enemies killed by your Wand Hits have a 10% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their Life as Chaos Damage
Gain 10% of Wand Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage

Devastator
20% increased Attack Damage
20% increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills
Enemies killed by your Attack Hits have a 15% chance to Explode, dealing a tenth of their maximum Life as Physical Damage

Explosive Force and Devastator require you to hit, so they are an exception here. A Spellslinger Power Siphon build could make use of them, however.

8. Verdict
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
1. Enduring Focus (cyclone endurance charge generation)

GREAT, BUT NEEDS INVESTMENT/SUPPORT
2. Dragon Hunter (phys reduction)
3. Stubborn Student (phys reduction)
4. Vicious Bite (minion crit)
5. Energy From Naught (flat ES)

GREAT, BUT REPLACEABLE
6. Overlord (mace/sceptre fortify)
7. Hex Breaker (cyclone curse immunity)
8. Master of Fear (curse intimidate/unnerve)
9. Wish for Death (curse cull)
10. Antivenom (unaffected by poison + chaos res)

GOOD
11. Renewal (minion double damage and regen)
12. Vengeful Commander (hatred effect)
13. Feast of Flesh (life + LoH)
14. Fettle (life + flat life)
15. Sublime Sensation (life + ES)
16. Max res (any)
17. Peak Vigour (life + flask recovery)
18. Blessed (life + chaos res)
19. Rot-Resistant (regen + chaos res)
20. Advance Guard (movement speed)

UNDETERMINED POTENTIAL
21. Surging Vitality (periodic heal)
22. Shifting Shadow (blind)
23. Fasting (flaskless movement speed)
24. Life from Death (minion heal)
25. Call to the Slaughter (temporary minion movement speed)
26. Chilling Presence (chill aura)

SWAP IN AS NEEDED
27. Blessed Rebirth (temporary minion invulnerability)

NOTE: If you're stacking block or dodge, such notables would rank much higher, since they get better the closer you are to cap, like resistances and phys reduction.

Looks like, at most, we can have 9 cluster notables from one outer jewel socket. If Voices allows Large Cluster Jewels, then this would triple the max to 27.

The point cost for these 9 notables will be, at a minimum:

2pt small clusters x2 (x6)
4pt medium clusters x2 (x6)
9pt large cluster (x3)
3pt outer socket (+4)
-----------------
= 24pts (or 70pts for Voices)

It's also worth noting that GGG has said Large Clusters (3 notables) contain offensive nodes, Medium Clusters (4 notables) contain mechanic/utility nodes, and Small Clusters (2 notables) contain defense nodes (life, ES, armor, evasion).

Art by Valeria Styajkina
Последняя редакция: Hercanic. Время: 13 марта 2020 г., 0:07:51

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация