[3.5] Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear | MoM | Elementalist | Leaguestarter

Fun build! Unfortunately I ripped to a bunch of mobs on an invincible shrine at lvl 88, but I was doing many red maps no problem w/ a 5 Link. Honestly, I recommend dual-wielding w/ flat/% damage until you get plenty of crit chance/multi, or it will just slow you down in early maps. Once you get plenty of crit, swap over and maps will be cake for the most part.

Biggest issue with the build is inconsistency in boss damage. Sometimes it took ~1s to kill a boss in yellow maps, other times it took like 7+ (which is good overall, not bad times). I just couldn't figure out what was causing such a huge discrepency. I've never played Elementalist before, so it could be a Pendulum thing.

Anyway, that's just my two sense. Definitely recommend giving it a shot.

I also preferred to run an onslaught flask over a diamond flask, which could account for inconsistent DPS, but it helped the build feel smoother overall with increased cast/movement speed.
Последняя редакция: lightdshadows. Время: 15 дек. 2018 г., 19:10:05
"
XenoPOE написал:
"
lillhill1 написал:
Hello.

Which trade program are you using on T16 Chimera Run video?

Thanks.

Hi, that's Mercury Trade.

"
Shnizers написал:
Sorry for double posting. Any thoughts on Winds of Change gloves and Esh's Mirror shield?

Don't see much use for Esh's Shield tbh. It only adds lightning damage, which we don't really scale and it only helps for trash clear, not sustained single target and I don't feel like the build lacks DPS for trash clear. A rare ES shield with crit and spell damage should be better.

Winds of Change are usable, but I don't like the reduced movement speed and I rather have another slot for attributes and resistances (to try and triple balance resistances for Wise Oak later).

Thanks a lot.
Currently playing something very close to this as Deadeye/Assassin Scion and using Spark for clear but swapping to Ice Spear for bosses. I still haven't made up my mind if I want to go full Ice Spear though since the Orb clear is still pretty insane, but a bit tough to cut through some enemies. Spark synergizes well with Deadeye, but Ice Spear not as much. Assassin option allows you to drop the PCoC link in the staff as well. Here's my staff I got for 1c then added the spell dmg myself.

Defense is MoM, Acro + Phase. HoI and HoT with Warlord's curse on hit. 5.7k life and 1.1k mana unreserved and ~35% crit.

Passive Tree lvl 86
Have you considered getting 15% chance to gain power charge from ice spear enchant ?

Since ice spear has close to 100% crit chance I think you can by-pass the staff mod which makes it much more easier to acquire a decent one.

Right now I couldnt get to craft one and available ones are like 3-4 ex for some reason.
"
Weranon написал:
Have you considered getting 15% chance to gain power charge from ice spear enchant ?

Since ice spear has close to 100% crit chance I think you can by-pass the staff mod which makes it much more easier to acquire a decent one.

Right now I couldnt get to craft one and available ones are like 3-4 ex for some reason.

That would be some interesting, but the power charges are more nice to haves than required.

I'm currently level 84, no PCoC, using a tabula and some relatively cheap-ass gear (probably <10c for the lot + tabula) POB tells me I have 87% effective crit chance and ~965k DPS (measured the same as the OP's build with PCoC staff). OP only has 896k DPS. If I use 14% atziri's, I go to ~950k. I expect to get to over 1 mill (without atziri's. With atziri's would be even more) with a few more node pick-ups.

Последняя редакция: Aevaris. Время: 16 дек. 2018 г., 8:28:17
For general mapping it's absolutely fine and it's easy to get more DPS. But please keep in mind that you will get no leech and no power charges for boss fights unless you have a Curse On Hit-Ring (Herald won't curse bosses obviously) and a PCoC-Staff/Setup.

Considering trash mobs die so easily I don't see much of a point in increasing clearspeed DPS. That's just me though, it's definitely possible to increase it!
Just reached 70 and crafted this.

than bought 1 more to try 6l while mapping and bam

1 funsing:

playing since beta and this happend the first time for me :D

got rekt bei the 30 strength regal but will try again :D

"
XenoPOE написал:
For general mapping it's absolutely fine and it's easy to get more DPS. But please keep in mind that you will get no leech and no power charges for boss fights unless you have a Curse On Hit-Ring (Herald won't curse bosses obviously) and a PCoC-Staff/Setup.

Considering trash mobs die so easily I don't see much of a point in increasing clearspeed DPS. That's just me though, it's definitely possible to increase it!

Yeah, my next buy is probably a WM ring, but mostly just biding time for price to go down. I have a staff I'm trying to craft, but have had 0 luck after ~200 alts. :(

My aims for increasing DPS is mostly as a means for leech / faster boss kills.

I've never really self crafted much before. I'm not doing anything wrong by just alt spamming for PCoC, then aug (and cross fingers) for spell damage / crit multi / CwC right?

(ilvl 80)
Последняя редакция: Aevaris. Время: 16 дек. 2018 г., 13:25:36

Got finally shaper and red elder down with this setup.
Последняя редакция: Gjh199. Время: 16 дек. 2018 г., 17:57:55
"
Gjh199 написал:

Got finally shaper and red elder down with this setup.

weird, thats kinda another build (even with another dmg type and no cast while channling) and why do you use arcane surge on orb of storms if you got level 18 arcane surge for winter orb on your staff? sockeds could be used better.

anyway grats on shaper and red elder.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация