[3.6] Chaos Cerberus - an ED LL Occultist | Viable for everything | Deathless UElder + Video

Derp. Forget about the Increased Critical Damage Support. That doesn't do anything for the DPS anyway. I'm not sure how it got in there. It looks like I also had the CA gem entered as level 25. (Yikes.) Here is the corrected theory PoB. Fixing all that gives a DPS of 1.24 million, which seems a lot more plausible.

The value of the Blight totem isn't in clearing content, so it doesn't really need the increased AoE; it's more about distracting dangerous critters that you don't want to steamroller over. Stuff like these. Even Izaro will go after them as if they've insulted his lineage, which really helps alleviate the stress of kiting during boss fights, something that I haven't generally found ED builds to be all that good at, as it can take a while to wear the target down.

I confess to preferring ED to CA, also, but bows have an undeniable advantage, in that you get the power of a six-link weapon and a stat-stick offhand (i.e., the quiver.) In 3.4 I tried splicing together some popular builds (including Lahkesiis) and got as far as this monstrosity (304K eDPS), using Void Batteries, Indigon, and power charges. In my defense, I didn't have PoB at the time, and I don't think PoB captures Indigon correctly.

I've been working on a necromancer build lately that uses the new "Cast a socketed spell when you use a skill" veiled mod. It has a 4 second cooldown. My current gimmick has been using two wands with this mod, allowing me to trigger Summon Skeletons and Contagion when I use ED or Abyssal Cry, so there's no problem hooking up Increased AoE to ED, and you could probably get some other support gems baked into the wand with an Elder item. It's a bit like a Poet's Pen build, but you sacrifice the insane cast speed for the flexibility to use any main skill. You might want to try rolling an occultist using socket-cast weapons, just to see if you can streamline a normal ED build.
Have you ever considered trading the sword for the plow, Exile?
Последняя редакция: hexadecima. Время: 31 дек. 2018 г., 13:44:31
"
hexadecima написал:
Derp. Forget about the Increased Critical Damage Support. That doesn't do anything for the DPS anyway. I'm not sure how it got in there. It looks like I also had the CA gem entered as level 25. (Yikes.) Here is the corrected theory PoB. Fixing all that gives a DPS of 1.24 million, which seems a lot more plausible.

The value of the Blight totem isn't in clearing content, so it doesn't really need the increased AoE; it's more about distracting dangerous critters that you don't want to steamroller over. Stuff like these. Even Izaro will go after them as if they've insulted his lineage, which really helps alleviate the stress of kiting during boss fights, something that I haven't generally found ED builds to be all that good at, as it can take a while to wear the target down.

I confess to preferring ED to CA, also, but bows have an undeniable advantage, in that you get the power of a six-link weapon and a stat-stick offhand (i.e., the quiver.) In 3.4 I tried splicing together some popular builds (including Lahkesiis) and got as far as this monstrosity (304K eDPS), using Void Batteries, Indigon, and power charges. In my defense, I didn't have PoB at the time, and I don't think PoB captures Indigon correctly.

I've been working on a necromancer build lately that uses the new "Cast a socketed spell when you use a skill" veiled mod. It has a 4 second cooldown. My current gimmick has been using two wands with this mod, allowing me to trigger Summon Skeletons and Contagion when I use ED or Abyssal Cry. It's a bit like a Poet's Pen build, but you sacrifice the insane cast speed for the flexibility to use any main skill.

Yup, those numbers seem a lot more likely.

Hm, I never had to kite with this build - at all. That's kinda its thing with the shield+cerberus combination. I can walk through exploding porcupines and facetank izaro no problem. At worst I flamedash away quickly to start the recharge of the EnergyShield which solves basically all survive-needs.

And no, blight might not miss the increased area a lot (outside those circumstances when you have to blight down that one rare mob that makes all other mobs around him invulnerable - then the area/reach is worth its investment in gold) - but contagion (which also sits in the gloves) does. Quite a lot. It is the main thing about contagion.

And yeah, bows are off the charts. The relativly cheap possibilty of getting multiple +xy to gem mods on them is crazy good via fossils. One pays though in surviveability for it though.

A summoner stands on my 'to-do' list as well! :) Summoners are just a lot of crap to wrap your head around - and I would really love to make it ES based.
Great build, had a ton of fun with this one.

The hardest part for me was getting the resists/stats lined up.

At the start the mana was a massive pain but getting a clarity fit in fixed that, until that point I just used a mana pot.

Very chill build, the only thing that really kills you is a sneaky dot that prevents your regen from kicking in.

Thanks =)
ty so much for this build i just beat shaper for my first time! looking to get my empower 4 and trying Uelder!
Последняя редакция: Cyrix1337. Время: 2 янв. 2019 г., 13:28:54
The build lists Blood Magic 20 but your PoB has BM 21 (I had problems not being able to use PoL without 21).
Последняя редакция: ALovelyBoy. Время: 2 янв. 2019 г., 14:00:17
"
ALovelyBoy написал:
The build lists Blood Magic 20 but your PoB has BM 21 (I had problems not being able to use PoL without 21).

First of all:

The build clearly states multiple times to look at the PoBs for final gem links.

Second of all: It is not a sin to think about it for a moment ;) and downgrade the lv2 clarity to a lv1 clarity if you have only a lv20 bloodmagic. You can literally buy a lv 1 clarity at the vendor for cheap.

Which incedentially is the setup used in the items linked themself.

By the way, I killed T15 Red Elder and saved Shaper fine.

Had to practice a couple times, but I got it down now.

Thanks!
Build is insane. With this build i'm first time ever killed 3/4 guardians. Minotaur fight was funniest. I died all the time to his borrow attacks, because i didn't figure out how they works exactly, so i just stood still and factanked him, his adds and stonefall.

I thought i was immortal, so i dare fight Uber Atziri, first time ever too. First two bosses was killed easily, Trio was hard but doable. And Atziri herself was unbeatable for me, she applied Bleeding after each attack, and you need to move out of Flameblasts, so i either took millions of Bleeding damage or get Flameblasted. Flask with Bleed removal was empty very quickly.

Anyway, i don't know how i will play anything else after this build, it's very fun ( ED overall my favorite skill ) and very tanky, like nothing else i ever played.

"
OrKToS написал:
Build is insane. With this build i'm first time ever killed 3/4 guardians. Minotaur fight was funniest. I died all the time to his borrow attacks, because i didn't figure out how they work exactly, so i just stood still and factanked him, his adds and stonefall.

I thought i was immortal, so i dare fight Uber Atziri, first time ever too. First two bosses was killed easily, Trio was hard but doable. And Atziri herself was unbeatable for me, she applied Bleeding after each attack, and you need to move out of Flameblasts, so i either took millions of Bleeding damage or get Flameblasted. Flask with Bleed removal was empty very quickly.

Anyway, i don't know how i will play anything else after this build, it's very fun ( ED overall my favorite skill ) and very tanky, like nothing else i ever played.

Well, you can facetank Minotaur but its sometimes just the smart thing to dodge out of the stonefall if he has to many AoE areas overlapping if the ES recharge has trouble going off.

UberAtziri or Atziri in general only bleeds you with her Spear Attack. This attack is dodgeable for one and she does not do it that often. That being said - bleed and burn effects can suck a bit and Atziri has plenty of them.

I never found it to be a problem between Vaal Discipline and flasks - but if you have trouble managing your flasks you might want to stack up on them. Noone stops you from going into her fight with 5 anti-bleed flasks. ;)

The mental image of that is a tad funny to me xD but alas! It will work for sure. :)

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация