[3.6] Chaos Cerberus - an ED LL Occultist | Viable for everything | Deathless UElder + Video

"
BrockSamsonV написал:
Hello, thanks for the build! I've done ED almost every league and it's nice to see a new build with cool ideas.

Question, why use Spreading Rot on the right side of the tree if your tree doesn't allocate 40 intelligence in the radius? It feels like a damage + ES (or ES recharge rate/start time) gem would be better. I might be missing something obvious. Thanks!

Spreading Rot only needs 40 Int in its radius - not allocated 40 Int.

"
Skiller41 написал:
Really glad you're keeping ED alive, especially pushing it to uber elder! Thank you!

I was looking at the PoBs linked and saw that just gems alone can rack up the exalts for this. Is this set up more to point out optimal setups, or what you actually need to, say, reliably kill uber elder deathless?

Basically, I'm mediocre at making money, so needing multiple 21/20 jewels + level 4 empower + 2 to level of duration corrupt on shavs is a bit of a turn off for me.

Could you give you me your take on what the minimum required gear would be to accomplish such a lofty goal? or is ED just that far in need of a rework :D

Oh! No, don't worry!

As stated in the OP the gemlevels and stuff in the PoB are the goals one should aim for - they are not needed. Same as the corruption on the shavs.

But you are correct in the sense that ED really needs a bit of an rework. It can not benefit from castspeed, crit, critmulti and even the '+ cyz to spells' doesn't do anything for its DoT effect. Ithas no Herald or 50% Aura it could benefit from. :( That makes the options to get more juice out of it kinda tight.
I think having ED itself at level 21 as well as the Empower lv4 are needed for UberElder. Everything Else can stay at 20/20 and no corrupted Shavs.

For UberElder I would aim for ~350k Shaper DPS in the PoB - which is doable with just a normal shavs and a lv21ED and a lv4Empower and nothing else at lv 21. I think you can even make do without the lv4Empower and just use a lv3 one. You can check that yourself in PoB by lowering the GemLevel.

Having more Damage is obviously better, but yeah. That should do it.
Последняя редакция: Cyrix1337. Время: 22 дек. 2018 г., 12:05:50
"
PeopleReady написал:
Cy, your builds are really impressive...as a newcomer to Witches, reading through these are really educational and I appreciate the effort you put into them. Do you prefer this one, or your poet's pen build more?

Thank you!

I currently prefer to play this here. If you are looking for the stronger of the two builds it is propably the Poet's Pen one.

Both are nothing for beginners though.
very fucking nice build.

switched from the other occultist ED thread that you took inspiration from.

i was CI with that build, and holy shit this build is soooooo much better - and not just bc it's LL.

my damage is like tripled now lol and i feel more tanky too.

found a "the doctor" from a diviner's strongbox yday and used that to bankroll the gear changes required.

bought a nice rolled shav's for 1.2 ex and then 6L'd it in > 100 fuse lol.

i was quite lucky yday.

still need 21/20 ED and blood magic, 21/0 purities, empower 4, and enlighten 4 x2, but besides that i have my gear pretty squared away.

only have 117 mana unreserved, but the arcane surge on contagion and a mana flask seem to solve that.

hopefully will be able to drop the mana flask once i get enlighten 4 x2.

couldn't afford the faster discipline recharge & damage taken gained as mana clarity watcher's eye, so i got one that has faster discipline recharge & immunity to shocked ground while affected by PoL.

also i am choosing to run profane bloom in place of vile bastion for now, and i like it so far.

chain explosions and being able to curse hexproof enemies is nicer to me than the defense from vile bastion bc i seem to be tanky enough to do 8 mod t16s without issue.

thanks for the build!

i really am impressed with how tight it is and how all the #s just barely work out, but work out they do.

Последняя редакция: rgnrfg. Время: 23 дек. 2018 г., 13:03:09
Really fun build, good damage and really tanky. the guide is also very well written!

using lvl3 enligthens and Dream Fragments, no mana problems.
Anything that´s unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
Последняя редакция: BulldogCFC. Время: 23 дек. 2018 г., 18:16:28
"
rgnrfg написал:
very fucking nice build.

switched from the other occultist ED thread that you took inspiration from.

i was CI with that build, and holy shit this build is soooooo much better - and not just bc it's LL.

my damage is like tripled now lol and i feel more tanky too.

found a "the doctor" from a diviner's strongbox yday and used that to bankroll the gear changes required.

bought a nice rolled shav's for 1.2 ex and then 6L'd it in > 100 fuse lol.

i was quite lucky yday.

still need 21/20 ED and blood magic, 21/0 purities, empower 4, and enlighten 4 x2, but besides that i have my gear pretty squared away.

only have 117 mana unreserved, but the arcane surge on contagion and a mana flask seem to solve that.

hopefully will be able to drop the mana flask once i get enlighten 4 x2.

couldn't afford the faster discipline recharge & damage taken gained as mana clarity watcher's eye, so i got one that has faster discipline recharge & immunity to shocked ground while affected by PoL.

also i am choosing to run profane bloom in place of vile bastion for now, and i like it so far.

chain explosions and being able to curse hexproof enemies is nicer to me than the defense from vile bastion bc i seem to be tanky enough to do 8 mod t16s without issue.

thanks for the build!

i really am impressed with how tight it is and how all the #s just barely work out, but work out they do.

Did you try out Dreamfragments? It's AntiFreeze Stuff is kinda great as well. Huge QoL.
Really good build!!! I did shaper and corrupted guardians in a 5link very easy at level 88 with a incomplete build, thanks for this build;)
"
Bubu_mustang написал:
Really good build!!! I did shaper and corrupted guardians in a 5link very easy at level 88 with a incomplete build, thanks for this build;)

Cheers! Good to hear - I did shaper on a 5link with this sorta build before the recent buffs. It was a bit of a pain back then.

But good to hear that now it works pretty well! :)
"
I found this combination of Weapon and Shield really good. Not only are the items quite good on their own - but combined they also give 16% flat physical mitigation

Why it's flat 16%? if it's from ~2k armor only, it's not 16% flat. this small amount of armor works only on small hits, and don't absorb any damage from big attacks. Still better than nothing, but accordint to Wiki, with 2k armor will absorb 16% from 500 incoming damage, more mitigation for smaller damage and way less from higher. Like from attack with 1000 damage will be absorbed only 9% and attack with 5k damage only ~4%. When Arctic Armor have flat 13% less from any attack. Overall i agree with you, we rarely staying still, but 2k armor is not same as Arctic Armor.
"
OrKToS написал:
"
I found this combination of Weapon and Shield really good. Not only are the items quite good on their own - but combined they also give 16% flat physical mitigation

Why it's flat 16%? if it's from ~2k armor only, it's not 16% flat. this small amount of armor works only on small hits, and don't absorb any damage from big attacks. Still better than nothing, but accordint to Wiki, with 2k armor will absorb 16% from 500 incoming damage, more mitigation for smaller damage and way less from higher. Like from attack with 1000 damage will be absorbed only 9% and attack with 5k damage only ~4%. When Arctic Armor have flat 13% less from any attack. Overall i agree with you, we rarely staying still, but 2k armor is not same as Arctic Armor.

Yup! You are totally correct! :)

I was just referring to the InGame Tooltip. I wanted to give a concise reason in the guide that does highlight the benefit without getting into an nerdy essay. ;)

I do love nerdy essays myself though!

But yeah - I did not choose the best way to formulate and express that, true.
The point I had in mind when writing about that armor benefit is the following (BEWARE! Nerdy Essay! :P ):

Big Hits tend to be slow - the prime example is propably the ShaperSlam (not sure if he does pure phys damage with that, but not all that relevant for this point) - and for this Build those BigHits are less of a problem as long as we have enough ES/HP to survive that hit, right? And we can fairly easily get 10k+ES.

With the Big Hit being that slow our EnergyShield has more then enough time to start its recharge before the next Big Hit lands. So - yeah. You are right that against such hard hits the phys mitigation is not all that relevant at the end of the day. But we tend to survive those anyhow, usually. (I guess there are some extreme circumstances with a superjuiced-up Aul etc where we just die - but then again so do almost all builds and its time to learn how to dodge boss mechanics ^^')

What is kinda more dangerous for this build and the Occultist-Recharge rate based defensive (which is great against survivable Big Hits) are hordes of smaller attacks that prevent the recharge from going off. Those tend to be hits from normal or magic mobs which in turn tend to do somewhere between ~100 and ~1000 Damage per hit.
Against those kind of hits 2k+ Armor is great though:

From Wiki.

We tend to sit somewhere between 2k and 3k Armor, depending on itemrolls etc. So for the afformentioned smaller hits we get between 66% and 16% effective mitigation.
And thats quite noteable and was what I wanted to express with the 'always on 'flat' physical mitigation'.

I am sorry if that did cause any kind of confusion! I will rephrase that passage in the guide to something more neutral like: 'A bunch of Armor which is handy'.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация