[3.8] Fast Storm Brand Leveling Guide | League Starter | HC/SC

ohh thanks
Hello Sherman!

First off, I just want to say what a FANTASTIC guide you put together here! I absolutely love it! To me, it is right on par with Enki's arc witch guide (which to me, should be the gold standard of guide writing!). Truly top-notch work!!!

I noticed something with the passive tree in both the pob and here in your leveling tree photos after each act.

At the end of act 7, you start heading over to the Written in Blood node (picking up the +10 int and the Life and Energy Shield nodes). Then, the End of Act 8 tree shows you take away those very nodes you just allotted without adding any additional nodes anywhere else. Then, at the End of Act 9 tree you proceed to pick up the very nodes you just took out, as well as continue on to pick up the actual Written in Blood node.

My question is, why did you take those two points away at the end of act 8? AM I completely missing something here? I triple and quadruple checked between act 7 and act 9 passive trees, and the only thing that was changed was the aforementioned Written in Blood nodes. I am going crazy trying to figure this out!!

Thanks SO much for your hard work on this guide! It's the best!!!

-Luzah
Okay, to be honest... I was ahead of the leveling for this guide and ended up not following half of the time. So RIP me, but this is a very great guide.

So now I need know what to grab next. Do I grab more health nodes? Should I go for more lightning damage? Should I grab the Brand crit chance nodes? More elemental nodes as well? I don't really know how to go from there in terms of the nodes.
Последняя редакция: Yuhaku. Время: 11 марта 2019 г., 23:19:45
"
Luzah написал:
Hello Sherman!

First off, I just want to say what a FANTASTIC guide you put together here! I absolutely love it! To me, it is right on par with Enki's arc witch guide (which to me, should be the gold standard of guide writing!). Truly top-notch work!!!

I noticed something with the passive tree in both the pob and here in your leveling tree photos after each act.

At the end of act 7, you start heading over to the Written in Blood node (picking up the +10 int and the Life and Energy Shield nodes). Then, the End of Act 8 tree shows you take away those very nodes you just allotted without adding any additional nodes anywhere else. Then, at the End of Act 9 tree you proceed to pick up the very nodes you just took out, as well as continue on to pick up the actual Written in Blood node.

My question is, why did you take those two points away at the end of act 8? AM I completely missing something here? I triple and quadruple checked between act 7 and act 9 passive trees, and the only thing that was changed was the aforementioned Written in Blood nodes. I am going crazy trying to figure this out!!

Thanks SO much for your hard work on this guide! It's the best!!!

-Luzah

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it!

I've just checked, and the images are assigned to the wrong acts, thanks for pointing this out to me! I'll get it fixed after I finish work.

Hope this allowed you to have a solid league start!
Последняя редакция: ShermanDiablo. Время: 12 марта 2019 г., 1:53:00
Thank you for this guide. This is my first exposure to a fast path through Acts 1-10.

I was confused by a section in Act 3:
"
> The Solaris Temple Level 2
+ Get WP

< Hargan (log out)

Use portal to get back to The Battlefront near The Docks

> The Battlefront

I went to Sol Temple 2, got the WP, and immediately headed back to town. Hargan had no marker over his head. Also, I had dropped my portal by the Battlefront exit from Battlefront (You might make that part a little clearer that the portal should drop by the exit). After visiting Hargan and having no conversation, I logged out as you said, which then erases the portal we dropped. This is not game breaking, of course. I'm just a newbie viewpoint getting off track at this point in the guide.

"
ArbitraryHubris написал:
Hargan had no marker over his head. Also, I had dropped my portal by the Battlefront exit from Battlefront (You might make that part a little clearer that the portal should drop by the exit). After visiting Hargan and having no conversation, I logged out as you said, which then erases the portal we dropped. This is not game breaking, of course. I'm just a newbie viewpoint getting off track at this point in the guide.

For Hargan, it sounds like you missed the busts.
"
> The Sewers
+ Find first Platinum Bust
+ Get WP
+ Find second and third Platinum Busts

For the portal, the guide should say
"
Use waypoint to get back to The Battlefront near The Docks
Thanks for the response. What was the point of the logout? Did I just take that too literally?
"
ArbitraryHubris написал:
Thanks for the response. What was the point of the logout? Did I just take that too literally?

Logging out puts you back in town.
Ah! I've never used a logoff to get back to town. I've actually been lucky with drops and have 30 portal scrolls.

Would someone mind giving me a picture of how to best use my gems in Act 3?

I'm doing this:
* Storm Brand a few mobs
* Blade Vortex a few times as I become part of the crowd
* Flame dash out of the crowd
* Recall
* repeat

I'm not really sure what recall does for me, tbh.
Последняя редакция: ArbitraryHubris. Время: 12 марта 2019 г., 17:00:28
"
0sync0 написал:

For the portal, the guide should say
"
Use waypoint to get back to The Battlefront near The Docks

Thanks for the better wording, this has now been changed!

"
ArbitraryHubris написал:

Ah! I've never used a logoff to get back to town. I've actually been lucky with drops and have 30 portal scrolls.

We actually don't have an issue with portal scrolls, the idea is that we place a portal somewhere that we want to return to shortly, and once we're ready to go there, we can logoff to spawn into town and use our portal from the other end. It's just a time saver, not something you have to worry about unless you intend to go faster!

"
ArbitraryHubris написал:

Would someone mind giving me a picture of how to best use my gems in Act 3?

I'm doing this:
* Storm Brand a few mobs
* Blade Vortex a few times as I become part of the crowd
* Flame dash out of the crowd
* Recall
* repeat

I'm not really sure what recall does for me, tbh.

As you're running through a zone, your skill usage would be like:
  • Storm Brand mobs
  • Flame Dash into near next mobs
  • Brand Recall to bring all active brands to you
  • Repeat

Blade Vortex/Lightning Spire Trap should only be necessary for uniques/bosses. Heralds do a lot of the clearing work for you.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация