[3.12] [HC] [SSF] Zombies/SRS Occultist

Does Arc help much/get much use in mapping? I wonder if OoS would work better since most bases can be contained to a small area and that may be where EE carries the most weight?
Последняя редакция: alt01dz. Время: 15 сент. 2019 г., 12:52:28
"
Does Arc help much/get much use in mapping? I wonder if OoS would work better since most bases can be contained to a small area and that may be where EE carries the most weight?

A spell is also supposed to apply curses - in my setup it's Elemental Weakness for more damage and Enfeeble as a layer of defense. They also apply Malediction, which scales both damage and defense further. Nowadays rare monsters can be more dangerous than map bosses, so I don't think it's an overload during mapping. Taking Profane Bloom out of action can be noticeable too.

You can use whatever lightning spell you want though (or even physical if you add lightning damage to it), they have different pros and cons. Orb of Storms is a popular way to apply EE in general, but it can be only dropped at your feet - for me that's too limiting. When I need a long uptime (for the guardians etc.), I use Storm Brand instead. Storm Brand can backfire if you use it on a Corrupted Bloodline pack or a Lightning Mirage monster though. Besides, Arc can easily destroy barrels :)
Последняя редакция: Xayazi. Время: 19 сент. 2019 г., 20:42:55
Hello!

Recently I've really been wanting to try SSF out.

I guess you might be a little bit biased I guess, but would you say this build would be good for someone who has never played SSF before?

Also, I'm not planning on playing HC. Is there something I should take into account when playing softcore? Something I can/should change up, or would you recommend me to find something different entirely if I'm not playing HC?

Thanks!
Yes.
"
Bodomi написал:
Hello!

Recently I've really been wanting to try SSF out.

I guess you might be a little bit biased I guess, but would you say this build would be good for someone who has never played SSF before?

Hi, thanks for stopping by :) I think you can't go wrong picking a summoner this league. This build is difficult in ssf only if you feel anxious about the CI part, especially about the transition to CI.

Farming Mon'Tregul's Grasp used to feel like a necessary obstacle for non-Necromancers, but now you can ignore it and increase survivability of zombies in other ways.

So, no unique items required. You can run with pretty much whatever you find/craft. You probably would need to gear up a bit for the Shaper/Uber Elder, but that shouldn't be an issue by the time you get there.

"
Bodomi написал:
Also, I'm not planning on playing HC. Is there something I should take into account when playing softcore? Something I can/should change up, or would you recommend me to find something different entirely if I'm not playing HC?

Thanks!

The Occultist loses some arguments if you don't play hc and the Necromancer has it easier to get started anyway. Then, the hybrid version is more flexible if you end up not caring about chaos resistance too much and wanting to use some uniques, like The Covenant, or just some rare staff with minion modifiers. You could skip CI and roughly follow the tree like this instead. Mistress of Sacrifice would let you "heal" yourself with Spirit Offering and you could use Wicked Ward. The additional curse could be replaced by a golem or a guard skill, for example. Maybe the SRS setup would be based on Infernal Legion + Immolate to compensate for not having Profane Bloom, I recommended it for leveling. There's a lot of variations around anyway.
Последняя редакция: Xayazi. Время: 28 сент. 2019 г., 19:29:06
Just trying SSF this season, playing HC, but would be fine SC based on my playing so far.

Enjoy the challenge!!!

this helped me too: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/solo-self-found-ssf-guide-blight-38
What patheon would be best with this build?
"
Dcart533 написал:
What patheon would be best with this build?

Usually I use Soul of Solaris and Soul of Tukohama. Maps with "Monsters' skills Chain 2 additional times" can be dangerous for summoners though and Soul of Lunaris helps with those.
How exactly trigger elemental equilibrium? You say that you prefer using ARC, but in the videos, I don't see to cast ARC!?
My Judgement...
"
Reshovski написал:
How exactly trigger elemental equilibrium? You say that you prefer using ARC, but in the videos, I don't see to cast ARC!?

I was using Arc in the Pit of the Chimera map before the boss fight. I switched Arc to Storm Brand for bosses - that way it's easier to keep the uptime of the debuff. I'm sure I mentioned about that in some part of the guide, but I'll clarify.
hi Everyone,

sorry for my dumb question but would this build work with skelletons too? Im not a big fan of raging spirits but want to try something else the necromancer as minion ssf hc start build in 3.9.

What are the downsides by using this build with skellies?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация