[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

It's sort of an embarassment of riches for this whole build archetype, I have SOOO much damage, I find myself passing up obvious damage upgrades in favor of mediocre defensive options.

But we also have such massive life leech/ES generation that defense isn't really a problem either.

You can cast out a lot more VDs with manual casting than you can get through CwC, but when everything in the screen dies in 2 seconds to 300k damage VD balls, how many do you really need?

My shaper kill was deathless, my T15 elder kill had a couple deaths, but I don't have much experience killing Elder.

This character is so above the curve that I've accomplished more with this character in 1 week than I have with any character I've played in previous leagues lol.

I think, ultimately, I just need to move to manual casting.

As much as I can scale my character further with this build, you can scale it even more with manual casting, and the only real cost is that you stop for 1 second every few seconds, but you also get to run at a much faster speed than I do with cyclone. There are too many positives on your side of the build.

I think the CwC cyclone version is clever, but this version just scales way harder at the end of the day.

That said, Cyclone might be a better entry into the character, I started the league off with a 5 link staff that had CwC - Cyclone - VD - Desecrate - Spell Cascade and didn't even have to consider adjusting my offense until I was something like level 80. Could be something to include in the 'leveling' guide for the front page.
Последняя редакция: JermStudDog. Время: 16 сент. 2019 г., 16:53:21
Hi, can someone help me with upgrades i should pursue for now? Im low on budget so far 2ex to spend , should I buy something now or save for bigger upgrade? What would it be then? Also i have struggled to survive bcuz of high cost (222) so i removed Anger and swap it for Artcic Armour , or maybe there is a way to use anger and lower the cost otherwise?

Cool build love it so far. My PC however, does not :)

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Последняя редакция: fazie1234. Время: 16 сент. 2019 г., 18:34:58
"
fazie1234 написал:
Hi, can someone help me with upgrades i should pursue for now? Im low on budget so far 2ex to spend , should I buy something now or save for bigger upgrade? What would it be then? Also i have struggled to survive bcuz of high cost (222) so i removed Anger and swap it for Artcic Armour , or maybe there is a way to use anger and lower the cost otherwise?

Cool build love it so far. My PC however, does not :)

Thanks in advance for any answers!

a 6L ES based chest will get you a lot of eHP and should help a bit.

A Watcher's Eye with Fire damage leeched as life while affected by anger + Soul Tether belt will also help with survivability. OR an amulet with fire damage leeched as life. The constant recovery from your leech will offset any stuttering you induce on yourself.

Leveling in general will help with scold's damage.

Soul of Gruthkul for 5% phys mitigation is good.

reduced mana cost nodes in tree will help offset costs and can be regret'ed later.

Hope this helps!
"
Gryphenprey написал:
"
fazie1234 написал:

A Watcher's Eye with Fire damage leeched as life while affected by anger + Soul Tether belt will also help with survivability. OR an amulet with fire damage leeched as life. The constant recovery from your leech will offset any stuttering you induce on yourself.

reduced mana cost nodes in tree will help offset costs and can be regret'ed later.

Hope this helps!

So should I drop Artic Armour and put back Anger + use Watcher's Eye + Soul Thether? This will reduce my CDR tho, is it worth it then?
"
fazie1234 написал:
"
Gryphenprey написал:
"
fazie1234 написал:

Hope this helps!

So should I drop Artic Armour and put back Anger + use Watcher's Eye + Soul Thether? This will reduce my CDR tho, is it worth it then?

Yes, I haven't updated it in the guide yet, but a few pages back there was a little talk about it.

basically, you won't notice the loss of CDR while clearing normally. (though you still want on boots) and the extra recovery *feels* better.

Your other option is to get an ES on Hit Watcher's Eye and run discipline, but I think that's about an exalt out of your budget.

Soul tether is very cheap (1c belt) and anger leech watcher is not too bad. (one for 40c up right now and has discipline spell block to boot!)
Suggestion on a staff with Arcane Surge + 20% More Spell Damage from Socketed Spells? Too lazy to pob it myself since you've already done it :)
Thanks for your help, Gryphenprey I bought the stuff you recommended and I feel a lot tankier!

But I hope that someday I will have enough currency to play the build in its full glory.

Cheers
"
Ranchhods написал:
Suggestion on a staff with Arcane Surge + 20% More Spell Damage from Socketed Spells? Too lazy to pob it myself since you've already done it :)

Very nice! You will want:

Prefix: 14-16% of Fire damage as extra Chaos Damage
Suffix: Critical Strike Chance for spells
Suffix: Critical Strike Multiplier OR Critical Strike Multiplier whiel a rare or unique is nearby

You can choose 8-10% Chance to deal double damage, it's *technically* more damage than Crit Multi, and about the same as Crit Multi with a rare or unique nearby but inconsistent. I would personally go for Multi with Unique as that's the only time you'll need to maybe possibly think about damage.

"
fazie1234 написал:
Thanks for your help, Gryphenprey I bought the stuff you recommended and I feel a lot tankier!

But I hope that someday I will have enough currency to play the build in its full glory.

Cheers

Awesome-sauce! Glad that was helpful! :D keep plugging along and you'll get there!

Next step for me is to 6L it. Need to get some jewellers before I can toss my 677 fuses at it XD

Also made my new chest:

Don't fret the bench craft, I don't have the %Max life as extra max ES available yet.
"
Gryphenprey написал:
"
dyuwntlr написал:

"
CWDT - WOC - COH - Flammability - (5th) Combustion - (6th) Ball Lightning

ball lightning ??? why ball lightning??

Ball Lightning to proc Elemental Overload more often, apply combustion to more enemies, and provides huge recovery when running an ES on Hit Discipline Watcher's Eye.

For bandits kill all.

I am currently working on the guide step by step. I'll check on the gem section soon.

Thank you for your kindly answering my question!
Annoying, can I check the configuration below?

The 6-link item has 2 parts.

weapon (6link): CWDT-WOC-COH-Flammability-(5th) Combustion-(6th) Ball Lightning
chest (6link): How should I configure Volatile Dead?

Is the configuration below correct?

Boots: Herald of Ash-Flesh and Stone-Anger-Clarity
Helmet: CWDT-Spell Cascade-Desecrate-Spirit Offering
Gloves: CWDT-Unearth-GMP-Frostwall

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация