[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Thanks for the guide and all the hard work you have put into it. I chose this Vortex build as my Harvest league start and have been really enjoying it.

I have never played a CI build and have bitten the bullet to change mt tree over and get more appropriate gear, it was a bit rough but i am now level 84 with most of the CI Transition tree in place (i had to add some strength/dex nodes for now). My resistances are all capped and in late 90s. i have the trigger wand and no added cold damage to spells etc (glad i spotted that bit as i nearly fell into that trap). I even got a helm with +20 hypothermia, but will have to juggle resistances to be able to use it.

I have done a couple of red maps now, and slowly upgrading my gear and looking for cluster jewels.

Given that i have only ever played "life" builds before, could anybody explain what the advantage of the "low life build" is over the CI (i understand the CI for the Chaos immunity) but have not really looked hard at the low life and was curious as why it is so powerful to crush the end game. I assume this what i should be aiming for?

I would also be very interested in knowing what changes i should be making for deep delving as i would like to push there this season if i get a chance.

thanks again for the build inspiration :)

"
gate78 написал:
could anybody explain what the advantage of the "low life build" is over the CI

- you can reserve all your life for auras with blood magic.
- you can take pain attunement for a sweet 30% more damage.
Последняя редакция: roselan. Время: 26 июня 2020 г., 14:42:31
Everyone,

Here's an quick summary with the current progress on the guide update. Making great headway. It's a lot of work.

To-Do:

- Update best uniques and recommendations and address Rime Gaze
- ANNOINTMENTS
- Add fuller dedicated section with mechanics of unveiling trigger wand and more info for EE
- Delving info – add, keep same, or remove? More research
- Add item pictures back in from broken/stale item links.
3.3 – Update to current flask setup and cinderswallow.
3.4 - Thread of Hope and Intuitive Leap in Jewels
3.5 Ascendancy, bandits, pantheons – Update Ascendancy order with options
Update/Check Pantheons. Provide options for clear and bossing
3.7 Gearing for Early Mapping –
Update title to reflect getting gear for CI. Tidy section and add process for assembling CI gear
Move EE section to MUCH earlier in guide or even its own section
3.8-3.9 – Clean that shit up

DONE

1.1 Mechanics of skills - Updated to include both Cold Snap and Wintertide Brand explanations.
1.5 Videos – added link to Twitch VODs and “more coming soon”
2.2 Leveling Uniques - Removed Nycta’s Lantern from recommended uniques
2.4 Leveling tl;dr – Changed gems to current setup and added skill tree overview
2.5 Swapping from OoS to Vortex – removed.
2.5.1 Changed section to be download link for the custom loot filter.
3.1 Gem setups – Updated to current Wintertide Setup for all sections – Main Links + CI + LL
3.2 Immunities – Added note on Chayula stun immunity
3.4 Jewels and Cluster Jewels – Added Cluster Jewels section with ranked notables.
3.5 – Added Alira help option and the cost of respeccing.
- Moved Occultist v Trickster discussion to section 1.2 and renamed the section.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Can this build be played with only Wintertide + vortex? This way we could have a 6 link vortex.
Have you tried the Holy Conquest Brand Cluster Jewel node? Apparently it's really good for map clear.
Maybe i missed something,

but with ele focus and bonechill in the main link, how does it work ? the chill isn't cancel by ele focus (so bonechill is useless) ?
In PoB, in the "Final CI - 2 clusters" I can't see how we get Glancing blows. And I don't see any cluster jewels also? We ONLY get Glancing blows when LL? (really expensive)
is wintertide worth using if i can only 4-link it? damage feels kinda meh even with 3 brands attached vs just using vortex/cold snap
"
Dromar написал:
Maybe i missed something,

but with ele focus and bonechill in the main link, how does it work ? the chill isn't cancel by ele focus (so bonechill is useless) ?

Elemental focus only prevents chill from the initial hit of vortex. The area of effect will still chill even with Elemental focus linked.
"
gate78 написал:
Thanks for the guide and all the hard work you have put into it. I chose this Vortex build as my Harvest league start and have been really enjoying it.

I have never played a CI build and have bitten the bullet to change mt tree over and get more appropriate gear, it was a bit rough but i am now level 84 with most of the CI Transition tree in place (i had to add some strength/dex nodes for now). My resistances are all capped and in late 90s. i have the trigger wand and no added cold damage to spells etc (glad i spotted that bit as i nearly fell into that trap). I even got a helm with +20 hypothermia, but will have to juggle resistances to be able to use it.

I have done a couple of red maps now, and slowly upgrading my gear and looking for cluster jewels.

Given that i have only ever played "life" builds before, could anybody explain what the advantage of the "low life build" is over the CI (i understand the CI for the Chaos immunity) but have not really looked hard at the low life and was curious as why it is so powerful to crush the end game. I assume this what i should be aiming for?

I would also be very interested in knowing what changes i should be making for deep delving as i would like to push there this season if i get a chance.

thanks again for the build inspiration :)

Hello, I am doing the build too, how are you finding the damage in red maps with the gear you have? It looks easy enough to get but I am afraid that red tier bosses or very dense packs (conquerors influence) will give me problems.

I can answer the low life part;
Low life is good for 2 reasons. The keystone Pain Attunement gives 30% more damage when on low life. Which you cannot get with CI. Also to get low life what you usually do is link an aura with blood magic.

So esentially you are getting another damage aura + the 30% more boost, which in the right conditions is a lot of damage.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация