[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
neketeln написал:
"
Armisal написал:

If that's the case then the CI version is total rubbish as from the comparison below, the CI build only has 900ES over the one other but less than half the damage. 900ES is barely that much more tanky for that big of a dps difference.

WITHOUT discipline on a CI build, the POB lands on:
8992 ES
1.3M dot DPS

the LL build, which can fit in discipline with prism guardian:
8049 ES
2.7M dot DPS

I think if you're going to go CI
then put in discipline, skitterbot and frostbite:
10072 ES
1.24 dot DPS

Case can be made for putting aspect of the spider instead of skitterbot or frostbite too.

Discipline, Skitterbots and Frostbite (through Blasphemy) still exceeds mana pool even with Enlighten 4.

You cannot put everything together with Enlighten, because that's 5 gems total.

It looks like Discipline is really not welcome here.

I don't have my enlighten at L3 yet, let alone L2

but in my pob identity fork, i have :

4: blasphemy + frostbite + enlighten 3 + skitterbots
4: cwdt + IC + duration, discipline unlinked
3: flash dash + arcane surge + second wind

and it lands on 1% mana

I think you may have linked the aura on its own to a support gem with a multipler like increased duration, arcane surge or second wind.

If need be, you can run another enlighten and take out the increased duration link on your cwdt+ic
Последняя редакция: Armisal. Время: 21 сент. 2020 г., 22:00:47
can you look at my character because my damage is okay in mapping but i can't kill bosses my dps sucks at bossing can u help me about my dps pls
So after a botched attempt at a crackling lance league starter I made this build.

So far it's amazing, tanky, dps is good, etc.

One question about the EE though. My wand has lightning damage to spells, but cold dot multi, so I'm good to swap to EE then right?

However, with OOS and Storm brand being triggered when I use a spell (vortex), wouldn't the vortex overrride the EE buff and debuff everything for cold instead of lightning?

Second, where to go from here? I guess just 6L and better ES rolls on the gear.
"
Armisal написал:
"
neketeln написал:
"
Armisal написал:

If that's the case then the CI version is total rubbish as from the comparison below, the CI build only has 900ES over the one other but less than half the damage. 900ES is barely that much more tanky for that big of a dps difference.

WITHOUT discipline on a CI build, the POB lands on:
8992 ES
1.3M dot DPS

the LL build, which can fit in discipline with prism guardian:
8049 ES
2.7M dot DPS

I think if you're going to go CI
then put in discipline, skitterbot and frostbite:
10072 ES
1.24 dot DPS

Case can be made for putting aspect of the spider instead of skitterbot or frostbite too.

Discipline, Skitterbots and Frostbite (through Blasphemy) still exceeds mana pool even with Enlighten 4.

You cannot put everything together with Enlighten, because that's 5 gems total.

It looks like Discipline is really not welcome here.

I don't have my enlighten at L3 yet, let alone L2

but in my pob identity fork, i have :

4: blasphemy + frostbite + enlighten 3 + skitterbots
4: cwdt + IC + duration, discipline unlinked
3: flash dash + arcane surge + second wind

and it lands on 1% mana

I think you may have linked the aura on its own to a support gem with a multipler like increased duration, arcane surge or second wind.

If need be, you can run another enlighten and take out the increased duration link on your cwdt+ic

You are right. I had Discipline linked to Flame Dash setup in PoB and didn't notice it.
Hi!

I followed your build to make an SSFHC character this league. I played vortex/coldsnap build previous leagues on SSFHC ages ago so im not sure if it was this build or not but it feels different. Im currently lv 67 with 2.2k life and 950 ES...

My problem is with PoB. I changed everything to the SSF HC items in the PoB and the build have 5.4k ES... thats not sustainable on HC. Not to mention the mana is +22% more reserved. I don't know how you can use Malevolance with Discipline and a blasphemy curse... Not to mention I first have to find an enlighten support (the mentioned 22% more reserved mana is with lv3 enlighten)...

I guess ill use Malevolance with Discipline for now.. i don't know how to curse enemies for the ascendancy ...

I remember when i made a build like this had 10k ES with self crafted gear... idk what i doing wrong. You can check my profile for gear and passive if i don't rip...
"
mojito000 написал:
Hi!

I followed your build to make an SSFHC character this league. I played vortex/coldsnap build previous leagues on SSFHC ages ago so im not sure if it was this build or not but it feels different. Im currently lv 67 with 2.2k life and 950 ES...

My problem is with PoB. I changed everything to the SSF HC items in the PoB and the build have 5.4k ES... thats not sustainable on HC. Not to mention the mana is +22% more reserved. I don't know how you can use Malevolance with Discipline and a blasphemy curse... Not to mention I first have to find an enlighten support (the mentioned 22% more reserved mana is with lv3 enlighten)...

I guess ill use Malevolance with Discipline for now.. i don't know how to curse enemies for the ascendancy ...

I remember when i made a build like this had 10k ES with self crafted gear... idk what i doing wrong. You can check my profile for gear and passive if i don't rip...

The CI build doesn't use Discipline. It uses Malevolence + Frosbite on Blasphemy. The Vaal Discipline is what you have the gem for.

I'm on softcore but without discipline I'm at 5.7k ES in some pretty mediocre gear. Granted, I'm not SSF so getting halfway decent ES with resists isn't an issue. In your situation I'd probably do what you do and give up damage for defenses and use the Discipline until you can obtain some better gear to bring up your ES without Discipline active.
Malevolence is 50%, Blasphemy is 35%, isn't it? Why would i need enlighten in the first palce then? Also, the guide mentions mana reserved nodes, but none are taken in CI. something seems fishy.

Ill just buy solstice vigil again and play temp chains as my 1 curse.
My wand has lightning damage to spells on it with Orb of Storms, Storm Brand and Frost Bomb on it.

With EE, won't it mess up the -cold resist debuff since I'm triggering the spell with Vortex or Cold Snap, etc?

Or does the triggered spells actually count as the first hit?
"
Windfuriouss написал:
My wand has lightning damage to spells on it with Orb of Storms, Storm Brand and Frost Bomb on it.

With EE, won't it mess up the -cold resist debuff since I'm triggering the spell with Vortex or Cold Snap, etc?

Or does the triggered spells actually count as the first hit?

You're Question is answerd in Section 3.1:

"
This is by far my most asked about build piece. Elemental Equilibrium says "Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements". They key word is "hit". Here's how this works for Vortex:

Step 1: Get a weapon with the mod "Trigger a socketed spell whenever you use a skill" (The process is described below). Once you have this mod on your weapon, take EE on the tree.

Step 2: Roll 3 blue sockets on your weapon (don't have to be linked), and place Storm Brand, Frost Bomb, and Orb of Storms into these sockets.

Step 3: Kill everything.

Once you have EE and this mod, every time you do anything, either Storm Brand, Orb of Storms, or Frost Bomb will be cast automatically. If Storm Brand or Orb of Storms is cast, they will hit enemies repeatedly with lightning damage, constantly ensuring that enemies have -50% to their Cold Resistance. If Frost Bomb is cast, there is a delay before it detonates. During this time, Frost Bomb reduces enemy Cold Resistance even further. Once Frost Bomb hits, Storm Brand or Orb of Storms will still be going off, meaning that the cold hit of Frost Bomb is almost immediately overridden with a fresh -50 cold res.

So the overall progression is as follows:

-Cast Vortex/Cold Snap. Enemies have +25% Cold Res from the hit. Not good.

-Storm Brand casts and begins hitting. Enemies in the Vortex/CS DoT effect now have -50 Cold Res. Very good.

-Cast Vortex/Cold Snap. Enemies have +25% Cold Res for a fraction of a second, but Storm Brand resets this to -50. Very good.

-OoS casts and begins hitting. Enemies in the Vortex/CS DoT effect continue to have -50 Cold Res. Very good.

-Cast Vortex/Cold Snap. Enemies have +25% Cold Res for a fraction of a second, but Storm Brand/OoS resets this to -50. Very good.

-Frost Bomb casts. Enemies in its area have a total of -75% Cold Res. Frost Bomb explodes, and enemies have +25% Cold Res for a fraction of a second, but Storm Brand/OoS resets this to -50. Very good.

Repeat.

As long as you have no Added Cold Damage to Spells on Gear. You will Profit from EE.

@ShakCentral well written Guide. In youre explanation for EE you didn't mention, that if you have Flat Cold Damage to Spells on Gear EE wont be beneficial. Could you add that?
Hi there Shak, I just step by to tell you this is by far one of the best League Starters Builds Ive played and ive been playing PoE since Nemesis League. So thanks for sharing this and for dedicating all your time and effor to it. Besides this, I would really, but REALLY appreciate if you could take some time to also to Update the Filters on the forum. I use them on Harvest to test the League starter and was great really missing that touch and sounds.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация