[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Alive! You are Alive!

Getting Sirus vibes here... Quick, vortex Shackcentral to the ground!

To finish on the Frigid wake change, the more cdot you have on tree and gear, the more this change is benefical. Let's say you have 0 cdot (not really possible, but bear with for the sake of this example) and only frigid wake,

old: 1*1.2 = 1.2
new: 1*1.15 = 1.15

Then you lose around 5% dps (1.15/1.2).

Pretty straight forward. Now let's say you have +120% total to cdot with Frigid Wake:

old: 1*2.2 = 2.2
new: 1*2.0*1.15 = 2.3.

A net gain of around 5%: (2.3/2.2).

At around 40% cdot, both version are equal. With the little node leading to Frigid wake you get 5% cdot, with Breath of Rime you get another 10%. It's pretty trivial to get the remaining 25%. weapons, cluster notables, gloves, jewels and amulets can all get cdot.
The Cold DoT multi that was on Frigid Wake is really powerful for this build because it's an additional multiplier. But it's still additive with other sources of DoT multi.

The 15% more cold damage that's replacing it is multiplicative with everything.

Doesn't that make the break-even threshold 104 DoT mutiplier from all sources?
That seems like a lot.

Looking at the PoB (LL final tree) linked in OP, I count 40 Cold DoT multi on the tree (including jewels) and 54 Cold DoT Multi in weapon and rime gaze.

There's also 52% increased DoT in the Growth and Decay cluster. I'm not sure how that works: is that additive to damage or to Cold Dot Multiplier?

All cdot sources are additive to each other. This total then becomes another more multiplier.

In PoB, you can see in that in the Calcs tab, Skill Damage Over Time section, Total Multiplier Line, Cold column. If you mouse over that number, you will see your multiplier.

If my math is correct, the exact break even is 33.3333% cdot.

0 = (1 * (x + 0.2)) - (1 * x * 1.15)
Hello,
Your build looks awesome for 3.13.
I love this kind of mini spell builds.
I'm also looking after the cold slinger.
What's the pro and cons of your build vs coldslinger ?
Thanks a lot for your time
Looking forward to 3.13 - was gone for around 6 month and will come back with the new league and will try SSF for the first time.
Any specific things I should adjust or taking care of, when trying this build in SSF environment?

Thanks for your work and for all the other exiles who put there time and input in here :)
"
morfer написал:
Any specific things I should adjust or taking care of, when trying this build in SSF environment?

In SSF the main constraint is unveiling the trigger craft. It's only i75+ weapons so from t9 maps.

To get a shavronne for LL you can farm "The Offering" in t1 tower and t6 scriptorium (which is faster with no phase boss). It takes 1-2 hour per cards, you need 8.
Hey Shak thank you for the guide, first time playing vortex in heist flashback and it was fantastic. You rock dude!
"
Roselan написал:
"
morfer написал:

In SSF the main constraint is unveiling the trigger craft. It's only i75+ weapons so from t9 maps.

To get a shavronne for LL you can farm "The Offering" in t1 tower and t6 scriptorium (which is faster with no phase boss). It takes 1-2 hour per cards, you need 8.

Yeah that was one of my concerns. Tbh I dont have that much time anymore for playing, so trade would be better, but on the other hand I am always super competitive in trade environments and try to maximise everything, which sucks aswell, which pushed me more into SSF to just be at my own pace and dont feel guilty to use currency and stuff.

Maybe I should use a self-indulgent SF setting in trade league up..
you don't need EE apart for bosses, so meanwhile you can cast storm brand manually on boss, or link it to a low level cwdt. (same for frost bomb).

Plus if you don't play that much you will have significantly more daily juns per hour played. Try to mix allies, enemies and no house bandits so that more show up during events.
Hi everyone, super new to vortex and CI. Just read through the guide and I have a question.

It's mentioned that we should farm for 2 sets of gear in the ossuary and craft on the lowest base. But it's never mentioned why we need 2 sets or need to craft on the lowest.

Anyone can enlighten this scrub on the reasoning behind it? What's the other set for? Thanks!

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация