[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Don't think you are missing much else. You know about EE and Chest, getting at least a 5-link makes already a big difference and EE is even bigger. If you change your wand, you could use EE manually with Orb of Storms or Storm Brand but it can be annoying (and ofc sucks when you forget to cast it :D ).

Another thing is a curse, I haven't seen one on your setup. So you could think about a Witchfire Brew, that boosts your damage quite a bit. And thanks to the explosions from Profane Bloom Ascendancy any Curse improves your clearing speed.
Последняя редакция: Laxxus. Время: 23 дек. 2019 г., 6:00:14
"
HeManNZ написал:

Im running the prism shield, with hatred/malevolence/discipline and then running blasphemy temp chains/frostbite and blood and sand(taken the influence cluster on tree). ES is sitting at 9k, and the blind and temp chains keep me pretty safe, still rippy to the odd metamorph

Switched back to the Prism shield now that I got Presence of Chayula, was just convenient because of the Res and Dex on the Shield. Puts me from 9.1k to 7.8k ES but that should be fine for now.

I wonder how effective Frostbite is with all the reduced cold resist we have from EE, Ascendancy and so on. I use Despair from Witchfire right now.
Последняя редакция: Laxxus. Время: 23 дек. 2019 г., 6:05:59
"
Laxxus написал:
Don't think you are missing much else. You know about EE and Chest, getting at least a 5-link makes already a big difference and EE is even bigger. If you change your wand, you could use EE manually with Orb of Storms or Storm Brand but it can be annoying (and ofc sucks when you forget to cast it :D ).

Another thing is a curse, I haven't seen one on your setup. So you could think about a Witchfire Brew, that boosts your damage quite a bit. And thanks to the explosions from Profane Bloom Ascendancy any Curse improves your clearing speed.

The thing is, even with the EE wand and the 4l comparison, I make around "97k effective dot dps", the linked pob link makes around 350k. So there's still a big difference which I can't spot. It's not the 4l and not EE. Got a new wand to compare it with the EE trigger, still the same.
Последняя редакция: Dayme. Время: 23 дек. 2019 г., 7:12:21
Happy Monday everyone!

Quick Update:

I never look at the guide on weekends, both to give myself a break and to spend more time with family and in-game. I just checked, and there have been almost 70 posts since my last comment on Friday!

Please understand that at this rate, I'm unlikely to be able to respond to every single post, but there have been some incredibly helpful people responding to some posts to help, and I greatly appreciate it. I will try to respond to as many as I can.

As for the guide, I've been trying out different build variants and setups as I've leveled into the 90s. The amount of viable options for Vortex is staggering. It will take a while, but I plan to update the guide with multiple "new" options and skill trees, etc so yo ucan customize however you'd like.

I may have to split up Part 3 and put some of it into the first comment with Parts 4 and 5, since I'm up against the 50,000 character limit and constantly have to cut minor things out to make room for updates.

Please be patient as I work through both guide updates and the post comments.

Thanks!
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
"
Dayme написал:
"
Laxxus написал:

The thing is, even with the EE wand and the 4l comparison, I make around "97k effective dot dps", the linked pob link makes around 350k. So there's still a big difference which I can't spot. It's not the 4l and not EE. Got a new wand to compare it with the EE trigger, still the same.

ignoring some inefficiencies in your passive tree, I agree that curses and debuffs play a large role in boosting dmg.

are you using frostbite/despair (and preferably both)?
are you using cold snap to apply bonechill?
are you using frostbomb to apply the cold exposure?

massive for the build. not to mention the build is playing as an occultist, you want those extra chaos dmg from killing cursed mobs.
"
Laxxus написал:
"
HeManNZ написал:

Im running the prism shield, with hatred/malevolence/discipline and then running blasphemy temp chains/frostbite and blood and sand(taken the influence cluster on tree). ES is sitting at 9k, and the blind and temp chains keep me pretty safe, still rippy to the odd metamorph

Switched back to the Prism shield now that I got Presence of Chayula, was just convenient because of the Res and Dex on the Shield. Puts me from 9.1k to 7.8k ES but that should be fine for now.

I wonder how effective Frostbite is with all the reduced cold resist we have from EE, Ascendancy and so on. I use Despair from Witchfire right now.

frostbite still good. in fact if I could use a 2nd/3rd curse it'll be elemental weakness. it's just a personal preference, I prefer offensive curses.

did the prism shield build last league, idea is to sacrifice some ES for huge dps boosts. also as I was LL, I could run many many auras. use the additional auras to boost your defenses in response to the lowered ES pool prism gives you. auras such as zealotry (with ZO spec-ed), flesh and stone, aspect of spider (huge priority), grace, etc. all have their uses. one issue I had was gem slots. also my personal preference I did not have any blasphemy auras and either casted curses (manually or triggered) or casted it via cwdt setup of sorts.
"
Sixtine написал:
Скрытый текст

Hey,thanks for the build.

But I have a problem, I feel quite squishy and find myself getting oneshot or two/threeshots sometimes in pack and getting wrecked by dots, especially chaos one. (in t14 maps or around delve 110)

So my question is how to get more tanky and what should I upgrade first ? I'm thinking about rerolling at this point.
I am level 91 and have 9144 ES and I know that most of my gear is crap but I feel like more ES is not what's going to solve my survability problem.

Just reposting since I didnt get any answers
"
SonsOfKorhal написал:
"
Dayme написал:
"
Laxxus написал:

ignoring some inefficiencies in your passive tree, I agree that curses and debuffs play a large role in boosting dmg.

are you using frostbite/despair (and preferably both)?
are you using cold snap to apply bonechill?
are you using frostbomb to apply the cold exposure?

massive for the build. not to mention the build is playing as an occultist, you want those extra chaos dmg from killing cursed mobs.

"are you using frostbite/despair (and preferably both)?"
-> couldn't find that in the guide, from where do you get it?
Bonechill, sure.
Frostbomb in my wand with the auto trigger. So this shouldn't be the problem.
"
Dayme написал:
"
Laxxus написал:

EE almost doubles your Dot damage in PoB, also have you activated stuff like "enemy is chilled" in PoB? That makes a HUGE difference, also Frenzy charges.
Activating all this for your character I get to 214k Dot dps on a 4 link.
(For EE, you need to activate "Ignore Skill Hit damage" and "Enemy was hit by lightning damage")
Последняя редакция: Laxxus. Время: 23 дек. 2019 г., 9:22:56
"
Sixtine написал:
"
Sixtine написал:
Скрытый текст

Hey,thanks for the build.

But I have a problem, I feel quite squishy and find myself getting oneshot or two/threeshots sometimes in pack and getting wrecked by dots, especially chaos one. (in t14 maps or around delve 110)

So my question is how to get more tanky and what should I upgrade first ? I'm thinking about rerolling at this point.
I am level 91 and have 9144 ES and I know that most of my gear is crap but I feel like more ES is not what's going to solve my survability problem.

Just reposting since I didnt get any answers

honestly, I went trickster because I wanted more survivability.

that being said, I think you can run your auras more effectively. drop OOS from your wand, you can put frostbite on it instead. drop blasphemy, run a CWDT for your defensive curses if you want, run more aggressive auras like hatred. pick up aspect of the spider. also I think there are better choices for your shield.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация