[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
darkwolf004 написал:
Hey guys, thanks for the recent tips.
I’m doing t16 al5 now and my single target is really abysmal, t15 metamorph taking me a min or so.
I’m lv90 and cannot figure out what is holding me back on the dmg side. I did most of the things guides are flowing into.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/darkwolf004/characters
-> VortexScript

Thanks ahead for the answers.

I see nothing particularly wrong. Gem levels matters as usual. With 21/20 gems, you double your dps. Yes, literally.

The main thing is that you didn't go for growth and decay, on the right. Some more jewels would help.

On a side note, if you take the melding wheel, you usually take the jewel slot under it and plug "energy from within".

As your gems level up you will notice that things start to go smoother.

Edit: oh yes, generally people use hypothermia and not controlled destruction in their cold snap setup for more freeze and frenzy charges. (and you have a useless cold snap in your shield, but I guess you know that).
Последняя редакция: roselan. Время: 23 дек. 2019 г., 15:18:30
"
darkwolf004 написал:
I’m doing t16 al5 now and my single target is really abysmal, t15 metamorph taking me a min or so.
I’m lv90 and cannot figure out what is holding me back on the dmg side. I did most of the things guides are flowing into.

-> VortexScript

I'll just list some stuff.

- Move the spells in yoru wand to be Storm Brand first, then Frost Bomb, then Orb of Storms, so they are cast in that order.

- I believe your Helmet is making you reserve too much mana. Check the mana reservation number on your Blasphemy + Enfeeble - I think Arcane Surge is making it reserver 30% extra because it's linked.

- -9% Cold Res on helmet will help too.

- Getting the last 1 or 2 gem levels for your Vortex and support gems will make a big difference.

- Fingerless Silk Gloves give % spell damage implicit.

- You can roll damage on your amulet if you're staying CI.

Other than that, obviously going LL with Shav's and Presence will be big for damage
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
"
Roselan написал:
"
darkwolf004 написал:

-> VortexScript

I see nothing particularly wrong. Gem levels matters as usual. With 21/20 gems, you double your dps. Yes, literally.

The main thing is that you didn't go for growth and decay, on the right. Some more jewels would help.

On a side note, if you take the melding wheel, you usually take the jewel slot under it and plug "energy from within".

As your gems level up you will notice that things start to go smoother.

Edit: oh yes, generally people use hypothermia and not controlled destruction in their cold snap setup for more freeze and frenzy charges. (and you have a useless cold snap in your shield, but I guess you know that).

Thanks!
Went through last few pages and don't think I saw any response regarding on how to craft the wand.

Is alt spamming to get +1 to cold gems and another good mod before regal and adding trigger socket and such mods the best way to do it? Or is using fossils better?

Also I ended up buying a blood magic 21 for 1 ex yesterday. Not sure why I wasn't able to run malevolence (lvl 20) + clarity (1) + blood magic (19 or 20). I was about like 5 hp short of it working it seemed, so ended up just buying the level 21 BM.

I believe I'll stick to using the gem rather than buying a prism it seems, I was planning on getting a shield with +1 to cold gems as well.. figured it'd be a bigger dps increase over prism, but it seems debatable after reading the last few pages in regards to prism.

I want to craft a wand, and look for a shield today. Then will likely look into crafting a helmet. I have about 10ex total right now, is this a good way in terms of priority upgrades to do things? (My character should be public).

Thanks for the help.

hey there,

thx for the build.
so far i can clear t10 easy.
Would replacing swift affliction with empower (3 or 4) in the 6L be viable?
"
Dekadence написал:
Would replacing swift affliction with empower (3 or 4) in the 6L be viable?

Not sure about this league, but for previous leagues, answer is yes. If I recall correctly, you'd want to replace hypothermia not swift affliction.

I remember doing a small cost benefit analysis last time and concluded that empower 4 will only be marginally better (faster CD and slightly higher dps), can't remember gotta try it in POB.

So short answer is that unless you're rich, a normal 6L setup (pref lvl 21 gems) would be close to the maximal
Im currently leveling and i was wondering if i should spec into LL version instantly instead of going through CI since i already have Shav/Chayula? I noticed swapping from leveling to LL skill tree requires 50 respec points. Thanks in advance
Lethal Pride is kinda amazing, it not only doubles your existing attack/spell block but also doubles Tempest Shield block and block from Rumi's concoction. Getting up to 40% attack block and 20% spell block from 1 flask is kinda insane. Since you get into attack block cap (75%) very easily with that setup, maybe it's ok to ditch Tempest Shield? You do lose out on 6% spell block though. Idk what one-off skill gem would be a better alternative too (one of the golems?).

Now I feel like I have to get to Arcane Swiftness ASAP as 5% spell damage per 5% attack block when you cap block that easy is kind of a big deal too. Too bad my current passive tree is super tight right now, so idk what/if I can respec it now. Though many other boons from the node are kinda wasted too, so maybe unlocking another jewel slot will be better?

Also, my rares are still in a 1-10c territory so maybe I should upgrade them to include dex (and a bit of str) and save 2-3 nodes on passive tree.
Последняя редакция: MrCinos. Время: 24 дек. 2019 г., 4:58:12
Hello

I have bought wand with cold damage and 1+all cold spells wand to use instead cold multiplier wand , that increased the dmg of vortex since my gem is 20 and now 21.

I managed to craft amulet with +1 cold spells as well but seems to not give extra damage instead of 15% cold damage for some reason.

Currently iam in situation of using amulet and use old wand? or go with presence and shavrons wrapping, i have never went LL before in all my vortex builds since bosses didnt need much dps before but now ,they have been buffed ,seems i need more damage.

couldnt find a vortex helm to craft good ES on it so far,i am planning to craft more ES on other gear to get tanky since iam currently sitting on 10k ES.

But my issue is how do you deal with LL when removing CI against poison and chaos,since most of this league has tonz poison and chaos dmg?

You can check my gear if it helps.

Help is appreciated ,thanks

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация