[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
HangukHipHop написал:
Can someone explain to me why No Witnesses is taken? Am I missing some other step that provides more opportunity to gain Elusive?

I'm relatively inexperienced, but I still don't see the value.

Aside from that, I've got this build to Act 10 in around 4 hours of play time accounting for PS4 Freeze/Crash issues and it still feels excellent.

Withering Step works fine too. Don't link Second Wind to it thou, as it now makes the cooldown longer :(

Withering Step requires fine piano skills (Using any skill ends it's effect), and a precious gem slot. But to be honest, it's more a question of preference.

Try both!
Hi there!

Did enjoy the build so far (am lvl 65) but I play on console and my main issue is the access limitations to skill buttons.

I tried to fit in all skills but it's not very smooth to play then. I mean without pressing L2/R2 I can only use 3 SKills, which means Flame Dash, Vortex and Creeping Frost.

The bottom button I want to leave blank since it cannot activate the skill when there is something clickable nearby. Means when there is an item on the ground, pressing X makes me picking up the item, not activating the skill I would have set up on the X button.

All in all it's a nice build, but with all skills it's not that smooth to play on console. At least that's my experience. And in endgame maps where everything is more hectic, I want to have fast access to all skills. And that doesn't work.

For example: It can be I have to press 4 buttons, just to activate 2 skills. L2 to toggle the left setup, then the skill I want, then release L2, the R2, then the skill I want.

:-(
I'm in yellow maps atm, working on my second round of maven invitations and conquerors, still on a 5-link. I'm CI with 6.9k ES, and in SSF. Got to fiddling with my gem links a bit, and remembered that we have the CF/Vortex 5link as an option. Right now, I've got CF on my gloves, CS in my Rime Gaze, and auras/ flame dash in my boots. Storm Brand with Hextouch Frostbite is in my wand.

Would it be worth it to combine vortex and CF together as 4links, to add in the Frost Bomb/Tempest Shield? Should I wait for a 6-link first, or for Uber lab so I can actually double curse? Or should I wait for BOTH of those, before swapping anything?
I'm currently just reach mapping and physical mobs post really high threat, now i know that with the changes that kind of physical mobs pose a threat to any build but I don't think we have defense layer again that(or do we?).

If someone could help with this issue? I haven't invested in LL yet due to this issue and I hate dying to mobs who either charge or sniped at you with barely any counter.
i'm building it with the purpose of mainly boss killing would u suggest any changes with that in mind? is wicked ward good for that purpose? the medium clusters involve killing to regen (which in boss fights many don't involve others monster to kill), would u suggest something different? and the belt craft "Regenerate 180 Energy Shield per second while a Rare or Unique Enemy is Nearby" would u say its useful with wicked ward allocated?
I had this on standard so I decided to update it for 3.15. Damn I had forgotten how nice ES gain on hit is. I specifically made the CI version just for that. I got Ephij at depth 500 and he was lightning striking me 5 times a second and I was just sitting there waiting for DoT to do its thing. Hope Chris isn't reading this...
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Is there any way to easily re-engineer this build for wintertide brand? I know the skill is very underplayed and probably not in the best spot right now, but given that it's another cold DoT skill, the scaling should be similar I would think.
I would also love to see Wintertide advice, as I've been cobbling together my own Wintertide build based on this guide and looking at what the top players are running this season.

The big difference is the tree. You want a bunch of the brand-specific nodes (they're all very good except for the crit cluster which is useless). You also want cast speed as it makes the Wintertide DoT ramp faster, and duration which gives the DoT more time to ramp or more time at max stacks. That winds up costing you a lot of the cold damage nodes, which also means less effective chills and shorter freezes. Personally, I've gone for all the brand nodes to get six brands but that's probably overkill (though nice for expedition hordes). I'm way behind on picking up block nodes, though.

Links: Swiftbrand is bad. You don't need Brand Recall so far as I can tell (I haven't tested but supposedly it resets the stacks which makes it pretty pointless). Brand + Efficacy + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus + Hypothermia. Last link could be vortex, inspiration, empower, faster cast, or swift affliction.

One huge downside is that you can't use Stormbrand or Arcanist brand for utility. Storm Orb with hextouched seems to be the best alternative; best to manually cast it for full control of placement.

You also want a medium cluster jewel with Holy Conquest ASAP. This will (supposedly, haven't been able to test) cause Wintertide to jump enemies when it activates, triggering Wintertide's End but *not* resetting the stacks.

I don't think it's good, but it is incredibly satisfying watching the chain reaction that happens once the first enemy goes down, or watching a pile of six brands melt a horde of expedition mobs as they charge into it.
Hi guys, could I get some help with my build? It's currently a CI, and it's not exactly what Shak proposed (it started that way, but I then adjusted to a build of one of the top accounts on poe.ninja - this guy.

I'm running red maps, but I can't consistently run them without dying. Sometimes I get oneshot altogether. Plus I went for Glancing Blows because I struggled to survive otherwise. And I constantly run out of mana. Can anyone recommend how to make changes or proceed? I can make the transition to low life (not rich but can get 5-6ex, have a shavronne and a thread of hope), I can adjust skills, etc. I know i'm still missing some eq, have none of the clusters, but my key goal is to stop dying as much at the same damage, or possibly increase damage. I don't want something super complicated... this is my 2nd league and i'm still learning a lot, but I can absolutely focus on dodging attacks and doing more than just running straight.

https://pastebin.com/6tTExN38
Последняя редакция: Damae. Время: 16 сент. 2021 г., 20:35:22
Been playing POE for a little over a month now and found this guide about a week ago. I wanted to take the time to thank Shak for this wonderful build and the explanation to the many intricate details that assist leveling. It is very easy to understand apart from the infinite acronyms. So far it is very effective at what it's designed to do in terms of AOE dps. I got lucky early lvling and found a jewel that specifically increases Frost bolt speed with multiple projectiles and with that it carries over to multiple vortex AOE filling the whole screen basically with crazy dps if needed. Absolutely great guide for beginners and also explains many of the mechanics not just for this build, but gives solid grasp of game mechanics to encourage future builds for those that appreciate the game. Many of the posters here have also helped with information as I progress. Little tips here and there go a long way.

The only gripe I have is the squishy to physical. I currently use a magical(blue) quartz flask that has reflex suffix for some block & evasion. It helps though limited. I understand there is orange gear out there that will help alot with evasion. Thanks again for the help!

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация