[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

Can somebody explain me why do we have controlled derstruction in main setup if nova from relics deal phys?
"
d2.Tipo4eG написал:
Can somebody explain me why do we have controlled derstruction in main setup if nova from relics deal phys?

Not sure what you mean. Controlled Destruction "increases the damage of linked spells", and the nova from Holy relic is a spell. Spells can do physical damage.
Последняя редакция: nefczi. Время: 23 марта 2020 г., 10:00:28
Hi all,

As I am quite new to this (just started beginning of Metamorph), please bare with me asking questions that might sound stupid, because I am not that yet that used to the PoE slang with all its abbreviations. ;)

First of all big thanks to you @Mooseolini (and all the others) for putting so much effort into writing those guides!

As I wanted to play a Templar this league and your guide sounded appealing to me, I just gave it a shot and so far it works really good. But then I'm not that powerplayer (job and such, you know...) and therefor only lvl 40 so far. So I can't say anything about higher levels or even endgame.

But I have a few questions for things I do not really understand why you chose them:

Why are you using Zealotry + Generosity? While it reserves quite a lot of mana, the effect does not really seem to be worth it for me. 15% spelldamage + 39% effectiveness ~= 20% more spell damage. Am I missing something obvious or is there just no other effect left to boost the Holy Relic damage? If so - how important do you consider that buff for the overall effectiveness of Holy Relic?

I'm currently trying to rework the build to be a bit more "tanky". I would like to be more able to stand my ground and not run around in circles having the beams do my work as I played a necro in metamorph and I already ran enough circles ;) I'm currently trying to get it more towards a life regen/leech build with advanced damaged mitigation.

- How do you think about Life Gain on Hit for Static Strike? Do the beams trigger it? I read they count as regular melee attack for the game. So far it looks promising, as long as I can keep my mana regenerating fast enough to spam Static Strike, my HP are steadily flickering between 95% and 100% vs. rare mobs.

- Would Life Leech Support on Holy Relic leech the life to the player or the minion? I'm unsure how it works.

I surely have quite a few more questions, but some might get clearer if you could elaborate on your idea around Zealotry more.

Thanks in advance!
"
nefczi написал:
"
d2.Tipo4eG написал:

Not sure what you mean. Controlled Destruction "increases the damage of linked spells", and the nova from Holy relic is a spell. Spells can do physical damage.

Gem description says "Supported skills deal #% Spell damage". That means that holy relic's nova will deal additional #% spell damage. But nova damage is physical according to holy relic description. I dont get it how it works. May be im just retarded :D
Последняя редакция: d2.Tipo4eG. Время: 23 марта 2020 г., 12:04:50
"
d2.Tipo4eG написал:

Gem description says "Supported skills deal #% Spell damage". That means that holy relic's nova will deal additional #% spell damage. But nova damage is physical according to holy relic description. I dont get it how it works. May be im just retarded :D

Indeed. "Spell damage" does not refer at all to the damage type, but the damage source - which must be a spell. And Nova is a spell.

q.e.d.

;)
"
d2.Tipo4eG написал:

Spell damage is not a damage type, it is a damage source. You have 5 damage types(physical, fire, lightning, cold, chaos) and 4 damage sources(spell, attack, secondary, damage over time). A skill can benefit from both, damage type and damage source increases.

Holy Relic's nova is a spell that deals physical damage. Since it is a spell, it benefits from Controlled Destruction suppport(which increases spell damage) and since it deals physical damage it benefits from Brutality support(which increases physical damage) :)
Последняя редакция: nefczi. Время: 23 марта 2020 г., 13:01:38
Hi!
I am enjoying very much your build.
I have just swapped to cyclone and I do not understand the part where you mentioned the attack speed should be divisible by the cooldown or is it the opposite? Either way I cant seem to lower the cooldown of the Holy Relic. It stays at 2 seconds and the attack of cyclone is 0.14 sec.
I do not see where I should be looking for the right stats. Can I get some help?
"
Gatopardo13 написал:

I have just swapped to cyclone and I do not understand the part where you mentioned the attack speed should be divisible by the cooldown or is it the opposite? Either way I cant seem to lower the cooldown of the Holy Relic. It stays at 2 seconds and the attack of cyclone is 0.14 sec.
I do not see where I should be looking for the right stats. Can I get some help?

I think its easier to think of this way. If you have a perfect Geofri's Helm with 20% reduced Holy Relic cooldown, your relics will hit mobs every 0,375 seconds. (Holy relic hits every 0,3 seconds normally and Geofri's Helm nerfs this by 20%. 0,3 / 0,8 = 0,375.)

You want your cyclone to hit the mobs every 0,375 seconds to maximize damage. That means a good cyclone attack time is every 0,1875 or 0,375 seconds. Never go below this number unless you can reach half of the previous number. Going a little bit above is ok, but you lose some efficiency!

Let me know if I don't understand this correctly!
"
OmegaPeePeeClap написал:
OK guys, I have a new update, the following is some of the upgrades I made and crafted everything myself,

SO i finished my staff, got lucky and hit with only 25 alts, and then regal, also i decided to go with 2 pure agony in the medium cluster jewels for a total of 6, YES I SAID 6 sentinels for purity and OMG its insane, its like having zombies but with a tanky guardian, I also got a cheap 6 chest with the herald of purity in there, and i was able to make my vuln on hit ring, i still need to craft my +1 ammie, but i am deciding if i want to go all out and combine 2 ammies for +1 to INT and STR, but that will be tru end game, so far the build is absolutely amazing, I am using withering jar to keep full 6 sentinels up at all times and still using static strike to fly through the maps, and still using leap slam. I have a couple of open sockets, so my mind has been thinking, not sure what i want to do, My next upgrades are going to be 21 purity and relic gems, then level 4 empowers, then craft chest then
the ammie, but so far, my god, i am flying through t10+ maps, and bosses absolutely get one tapped even in the fog. This is still one of the best builds out there and highly underrated

Ill keep you guys more posted on my updates as they come along :)

PS, you will see one of my medium cluster jewels i fucked up and it has 6 additional small passives, make sure it has only 4, so you save yourself 2 points, I am currently trying to craft a new one with 4 passives like the other one i have

Don't you hit much too fast with that base attack speed on the staff? You want to attack slighly slower than your relics' nova pulse cooldown.

I am using renewal (damage for relics), wish for death (culling strike on cursed enemies) and enduring composure (juggernaut endurance charge generator) for cluster jewels.
Последняя редакция: kompaniet. Время: 24 марта 2020 г., 16:10:24

Hi!
I spend 1 chaos for buing this cluster jewel, 7 alt and 1 regal to craft.
As for me, that works great! My relics became super survivable, thx to lifestill.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация