[3.11] Spellslinger VD Necromancer. All content. Easy and fast Sirus A8 kill. Wave 20 Simulacrum.

"
leafyr0kr написал:

"
MillenniumDH написал:
Also, am I okay with going for non timeless jewel variant of the build (the one for the inexperienced players)? I really don't think I will have timeless jewel or thread of hope until later.

Yup, the timeless jewel variant is supposed to be an endgame variant for maximum survivability and efficiency. Until then, ignore The Agnostic on the passive tree and path to Glancing Blows manually.

How should I go for the Glancing Blows manually? It takes 3 points from the str node that leads to Devotion, is that the optimal path?

Also PoB says without Glancing Blows the build has 63/52 block, isn't that good enough?
Последняя редакция: MillenniumDH. Время: 18 июня 2020 г., 18:01:10
"
MillenniumDH написал:
"
leafyr0kr написал:

"
MillenniumDH написал:
Also, am I okay with going for non timeless jewel variant of the build (the one for the inexperienced players)? I really don't think I will have timeless jewel or thread of hope until later.

Yup, the timeless jewel variant is supposed to be an endgame variant for maximum survivability and efficiency. Until then, ignore The Agnostic on the passive tree and path to Glancing Blows manually.

How should I go for the Glancing Blows manually? It takes 3 points from the str node that leads to Devotion, is that the optimal path?

Also PoB says without Glancing Blows the build has 63/52 block, isn't that good enough?

You get 60 phys block only by using Bone Offering and Tempest Shield. Spell block requires a lot more points on the passive skill tree.

For example:

By going into Glancing Blows, we free up lots of passive skill points, and can actually get to the block cap with minimal effort.

My guess is that the PoB isn't updated to 3.11.

"
leafyr0kr написал:

You get 60 phys block only by using Bone Offering and Tempest Shield. Spell block requires a lot more points on the passive skill tree.

For example:

By going into Glancing Blows, we free up lots of passive skill points, and can actually get to the block cap with minimal effort.

https://pastebin.com/6HX2ibdj

This is the pastebin I got from a few pages ago with the classic skill tree (non df version). Is it outdated for 3.11 or something? It shows 52 spellblock here.
"
MillenniumDH написал:
"
leafyr0kr написал:

For example:

This is the pastebin I got from a few pages ago with the classic skill tree (non df version). Is it outdated for 3.11 or something? It shows 52 spellblock here.

correcting myself: that PoB is updated to 3.11, it's just not the new skill tree for wealthy people (or people that want to min-max the build).

as far as I know, the old tree doesn't use glancing blows. if you're following the old tree, don't use glancing blows, as you'll be wasting points to get there and also spending points on spell block nodes (like the arcane guarding wheel).
"
leafyr0kr написал:
"
MillenniumDH написал:
"
leafyr0kr написал:

For example:

correcting myself: that PoB is updated to 3.11, it's just not the new skill tree for wealthy people (or people that want to min-max the build).

as far as I know, the old tree doesn't use glancing blows. if you're following the old tree, don't use glancing blows, as you'll be wasting points to get there and also spending points on spell block nodes (like the arcane guarding wheel).

Yeah that's why I was a little bit confused. Is this old skill tree suitable for league start? Or am I better off going for the updated tree right off the bat?
Последняя редакция: MillenniumDH. Время: 18 июня 2020 г., 18:37:59
"

Yeah that's why I was a little bit confused. Is this old skill tree suitable for league start? Or am I better off going for the updated tree right off the bat?

I need advice here, i thought i clearly clarified that the skill tree in the 3.11 is not meant to be used for leaguestart but after you have accumulated currency. Like, it requires a SIRUS drop to work. It requires you to have 90% chaos resistance. It just doesn't work as a leaguestart.

Do you have any suggestions on how i can convey my meaning better?
Последняя редакция: ancine. Время: 18 июня 2020 г., 19:17:28
"
ancine написал:
"

I need advice here, i thought i clearly clarified that the skill tree in the 3.11 is not meant to be used for leaguestart but after you have accumulated currency. Like, it requires a SIRUS drop to work. It requires you to have 90% chaos resistance. It just doesn't work as a leaguestart.

I think that putting it at the end of the guide would solve most of the problems, new people just reading the guide look at that first part and end up ignoring the rest.
"
ancine написал:
"

I believe most of the confusion comes from the fact that people usually read only one or two sentences before seeing a link and immediately clicking on it.

Therefore, instead of writing "Skip this section if you are not an experienced player." on the first sentence of the 3.11 Update section (which makes it sound like you can substitute everything if you know what you're doing, and this isn't the case), I'd recommend writing something like "WARNING: This skill tree is optimized for use of end-game gear and jewels you won't have access to during league start. It's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to stick to regular tree below until you can afford core items like Timeless Jewel and Thread of Hope"
Thanks for all the help and guide updates @ancine

I have never played VD and excited to try out endgame with it.

Two questions.

1. While leveling you mention only needing two 2 links.
- With 3 links should we add Spell Cascade to each of our Spellslingers?
- Then 4 links available you add Inspiration to VD and Barrage/attack skill?

2. Are you constantly casting Molten Shell when available and saving Vaal Molten Shell for those starting boss or oh ship moments?
"
HomeOfTheJedi написал:
Thanks for all the help and guide updates @ancine

I have never played VD and excited to try out endgame with it.

Two questions.

1. While leveling you mention only needing two 2 links.
- With 3 links should we add Spell Cascade to each of our Spellslingers?
- Then 4 links available you add Inspiration to VD and Barrage/attack skill?

2. Are you constantly casting Molten Shell when available and saving Vaal Molten Shell for those starting boss or oh ship moments?

1. Yes to everything. I never went the Inspiration route, tho, so dunno how that works.

An alternative is just using something like Arc and Wave of Conviction with the double Spellslinger setup for levelling. Damage is bonkers anyway, and the clear might be slightly better. I'd suggest using this if you went for Commander of Darkness early. If you went for Corpse Pact first, go VD straight away.

2. You could put Molten Shell on your left click and walk around using it whenever it's up, but that would overwrite Vaal Molten Shell if you ever use it together. Just leave them on your hotbar and spam whenever needed (and stop spamming Molten Shell while the Vaal version is active).
Последняя редакция: leafyr0kr. Время: 18 июня 2020 г., 23:12:32

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация