3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

Regarding Beacon of Ruin: This build will NOT allow us to use it...a shock is applied no matter what the damage only if you CRIT. Our dps is always going to be too low to apply a noncrit shock on any enemy (and we basically have zero crit chance too). Even with confluxes, we just don't reach the dps threshold to apply a basic shock. Also as far as I'm aware, if you use skitterbots to apply shock, this will NOT apply a beacon of ruin shock because you aren't the one applying it.

You could use this if you were using a selfcast high dps spell

Honestly though, I use aspect of the spider instead of skitterbots because its 10% less reserve and gives you the 15% increased dps plus hinders which basically does the same as both chill/shock skitterbots. Doesn't require a gem slot either. You just lose the 19% increased effect of shock you get on skitterbots which raises the dps slightly higher. For max dps, you can stack both! But then you'd either need a 30% pride reduction ammy or take a bunch of mana reduction nodes on the tree. I currently run 12 jewels with 1% mana reduction and it takes 100% of my mana to run pride, flesh and stone w/maim, dread banner, and spider. It is not worth dropping any of them for a different aura and there really isn't a way to fit in enlighten.

Regarding Animate Guardian: gruthkul pelt/leer cast is not the best set up, however it is the cheaper option. Ideally you want to equip a mask of the stitched demon and an armor with gain 10% of max life as ES/blinds nearby enemies. WAYYYYYYYYY more regen than gruthkul. plus the blind is nice.
Последняя редакция: jsuslak313. Время: 13 авг. 2020 г., 18:14:19
@grimjack: for a reliable 3frenzy to all your golems you really need to run 2 carnage chiefs. Host chiefs are only useful if you run 2 of them and if you are running the crit clusters, otherwise they don't really add anything. Arena master should be higher up on your list, his speed boost is absolutely broken insane for both dps and clearspeed, even more than frenzy charges although frenzy charges are more reliably spread with 2 carnage.

I personally would run 2xcarnage, 1 arena, 1 they of tul/ruins hellion.
"
jsuslak313 написал:
Regarding Beacon of Ruin: This build will NOT allow us to use it...a shock is applied no matter what the damage only if you CRIT. Our dps is always going to be too low to apply a noncrit shock on any enemy (and we basically have zero crit chance too). Even with confluxes, we just don't reach the dps threshold to apply a basic shock.

But the point of Beacon of Ruin is to allow us to bypass that ailment threshold for shock. This solves the issue of low DPS that you raised.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock

A non-crit shock from your incredibly low lightning damage would normally give less than 5% shock effect which would be discarded as a non-shock. However, Beacon of Ruin overrides that and gives us 15% shock effect even if we only do like 1 point of lightning damage. So shocks will always go through and provide 15% effect whenever your % chance to shock rolls successfully. You have a baseline 10% chance to shock due to the two minor ascendancy nodes obtained on the way to Beacon of Ruin.
Последняя редакция: scrambled777. Время: 13 авг. 2020 г., 19:17:45
I finally figured out the Beacon of ruin thing. The key is the previous notable in the chain - Shaper of Desolation.

SoD gives us the Conflux buff - chill, then shock, then ignite, then all 3, then loop to start.

Conflux buff means ALL damage from you will chill, bypassing any requirement for crits.

Then Beacon of Ruin kicks in, because as long as you do a single point of damage, you will chill during the chilling conflux, you will shock during the shocking conflux, etc.

The key is, of course, that we need to deal at least a point of damage initially, and we deal no elemental damage. The conflux buff means we can chill, shock, and ignite with physical damage, which we can deal - but most of us are using an elemental spell to apply curse on hit, so we're dealing zero damage.

So what we need is a decent physical based spell - or attack, for that matter, to trigger the chain. I doubt we'll find a physical spell as good as ball lightning / orb of storms / storm brand. OTOH, I can't curse mobs fast enough, my golems kill them before I get there anyway, so...

Wave of conviction? Ethereal Knives? Spectral Throw?
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 написал:
I finally figured out the Beacon of ruin thing. The key is the previous notable in the chain - Shaper of Desolation.

SoD gives us the Conflux buff - chill, then shock, then ignite, then all 3, then loop to start.

Conflux buff means ALL damage from you will chill, bypassing any requirement for crits.

Then Beacon of Ruin kicks in, because as long as you do a single point of damage, you will chill during the chilling conflux, you will shock during the shocking conflux, etc.

The key is, of course, that we need to deal at least a point of damage initially, and we deal no elemental damage. The conflux buff means we can chill, shock, and ignite with physical damage, which we can deal - but most of us are using an elemental spell to apply curse on hit, so we're dealing zero damage.

So what we need is a decent physical based spell - or attack, for that matter, to trigger the chain. I doubt we'll find a physical spell as good as ball lightning / orb of storms / storm brand. OTOH, I can't curse mobs fast enough, my golems kill them before I get there anyway, so...

If you're trying to work shock into a CIP build, I think the easiest way is to get a 'phys damage to spells' abyss jewel which will add flat phys damage to your lightning spells. However, you will have to give up minion blind as 'phys damage to spells' can only roll on hypnotic abyss jewels. Or find some way to fit an extra abyss jewel into your build.
"
scrambled777 написал:
"
grimjack68 написал:

If you're trying to work shock into a CIP build, I think the easiest way is to get a 'phys damage to spells' abyss jewel which will add flat phys damage to your lightning spells. However, you will have to give up minion blind as 'phys damage to spells' can only roll on hypnotic abyss jewels. Or find some way to fit an extra abyss jewel into your build.

Darkness Enthroned belt is viable but it would reduce the eHP offered by a good stygian with flat life, life %, and res. That's the tradeoff, more damage and utility via the extra chill/shock effects, or eHP.

At least in my case I think it works reasonable enough to get a staff doing cyclone (with CWC to proc desecrate and an offering at the bare minimum) and a ring or amulet with the added cold/light craft to proc both chill and lightning especially with Confluxes in rotation.

[edit] Looking at PoB, it appears the ring craft for flat added cold/lightning applies to both attacks and spells that hit. My flame dash also has the cold and lightning damage.
Последняя редакция: reciprocate. Время: 13 авг. 2020 г., 22:17:46
what labs do we take after the +2 golems? i see some people are taking different things
"
what labs do we take after the +2 golems? i see some people are taking different things

Defensive: Paragon of Calamity / Pendulum of Destruction
Offensive: Shaper of Desolation / Beacon of Ruin
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"

If you can fit it in your build by adding a form of cold or lightning damage like my last post indicated, get beacon of ruin. Your (not your minions) damage automatically applies a chill if there's cold damage, and a shock if you got lightning damage when their associated confluxes are up via Shaper of Desolation. It gives more damage due to the shock and lowers enemy action speed due to BoR's effect on chill.

If not, just go for Pendulum of Destruction and Paragon of Calamity.
i'm using the cold iron point dagger so i deal no elemental damage...thats why its a bit confusing

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация