3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

"
Pengefinchess написал:
while i get there arnt many choices whats the point in getting the pendulum of destruction ascendancy?

The area of affect works to help spread our curses.

The only other alternative is to not get paragon and go for beacon of ruin.

Shaper of desolation by itself kind of sucks. Ignite does nothing for us, Chill doesn't really do anything, and shock is pretty irrelevant because its based on the damage we do which is again, negligible.

From the Wiki:
The base duration of shock is 2 seconds and its effect is determined based on to the amount of Lightning damage dealt relative to the enemy's ailment threshold. Shock's effect is capped at 50%. Shock's minimum effect is 5%; any shock of lesser effect than that is discarded. The effect of shock is calculated using the following formula:[1]

That being said, you can get paragon of calam for extra defence, + sometimes more AOE, or you can get shaper/ beacon of ruin to make your shocks cause them to take more damage. Defense usually wins as we have enough damage.
Последняя редакция: Mistaclean3. Время: 17 июня 2020 г., 15:49:33
"
Jolii написал:
"
Boltonsquads написал:
"
juju666 написал:
Hello been reading a lot about this build and pretty sure i will make it as league starter (act6 switch to full stone golems)

Are you going to update guide for 3.11?

Are there any other MAJOR nerfs than VMS?

Any tips for 3.11 with this build?

VMS is really the only major nerf to the build however we can pick up the new keystone, "Imbalanced Guard" which I plan to do as we are mainly a armor build this would be a huge benefit to us.

I cleared all content and league started as Stone Golem last league so have quite a bit of knowledge in regards to the build, if you were wondering where I get my information from :)

How did you level? I played a similar build last league, but switched from necro. It seems like a pretty rough start, without access to items.

Go to page 1 leveling guide and leveling passive tree.
Spec the green area
Go to the 8 life cluster and spec Constitution leave the other life nodes there untouched you dont need thenm
Spec Gravepact, Discipline and Training
So far you follewed the guide.
Now put point into nodes you have to respec later
Enduring bond wheel (4)
Death attunement wheel only the damage node side (4)
Go to Spiritual Command and Sacrifice (7)
Fearsome force (3)
Lord of the dead (3)
Quick recovery (3)

Level 70 pob made with the pob community fork (updated for 3.11)
https://pastebin.com/3nYm0egG
Spec the socket nodes only if you have the jewels

Use zombies, spectres and skeleton. Get a vaal skeleton as fast as possible its a life saver.
"
Mistaclean3 написал:

(Snip)
The only thing i plan on changing is Adding in a thread of hope and a staff instead of cold irons. With a staff and thread of hope and change chest piece to Saqawal's Nest. ( you can use skin of the loyal too)
(Snip)

I'm planning on trying this build out this league, but wanted to clarify something.

If you're going to drop the daggers and switch to a crafted staff, that will entail moving the primary golem skill into the 6L weapon and using Lvl 4+3=7 Empower, correct? Otherwise we lose way too many levels from our golem skills.

Is losing the +6 levels from the daggers and one support gem (though get fortify on the weapon I suppose, so it's still a 6 link even excluding empower) worth it?

And will you be aiming for the same mods as you want on a necro? I.e., Fortify/+1 gems/Aspect of Avian/3 crafted mods/Minion attack + cast/+2 support gems?

Thanks.

Edit: I suppose given this is a crafting league we'll be aiming for Fortify/+1 gems/+2 support gems without using the triple craft meta, and aiming for other T1 mods via harvest crafting. Will be much easier to make bonkers staffs compared to previous leagues.
Последняя редакция: mort45954. Время: 17 июня 2020 г., 17:27:58
"
mort45954 написал:

I'm planning on trying this build out this league, but wanted to clarify something.

If you're going to drop the daggers and switch to a crafted staff, that will entail moving the primary golem skill into the 6L weapon and using Lvl 4+3=7 Empower, correct? Otherwise we lose way too many levels from our golem skills.

Is losing the +6 levels from the daggers and one support gem (though get fortify on the weapon I suppose, so it's still a 6 link even excluding empower) worth it?

And will you be aiming for the same mods as you want on a necro? I.e., Fortify/+1 gems/Aspect of Avian/3 crafted mods/Minion attack + cast/+2 support gems?

Thanks.

Edit: I suppose given this is a crafting league we'll be aiming for Fortify/+1 gems/+2 support gems without using the triple craft meta, and aiming for other T1 mods via harvest crafting. Will be much easier to make bonkers staffs compared to previous leagues.

Q: "Is losing the +6 levels from the daggers and one support gem (though get fortify on the weapon I suppose, so it's still a 6 link even excluding empower) worth it?"
A: Yes, totally, just the weapon alone give a bit more damage, without even moving golems into it and linking a Empower. Anyway, you can drop impale support because of all Rotten Claws cluster jewels. And actually Socketed Gems have 20% more attack damage is better then fortify alone.

Q: "And will you be aiming for the same mods as you want on a necro? I.e., Fortify/+1 gems/Aspect of Avian/3 crafted mods/Minion attack + cast/+2 support gems?"
A: Yes. Avian only if Saqawal Nest otherwise go Aspect of the Spider.

Последняя редакция: bigtoaster64. Время: 17 июня 2020 г., 19:51:27
"
bigtoaster64 написал:
"
mort45954 написал:

Thanks.

Q: "Is losing the +6 levels from the daggers and one support gem (though get fortify on the weapon I suppose, so it's still a 6 link even excluding empower) worth it?"
A: Yes, totally, just the weapon alone give a bit more damage, without even moving golems into it and linking a Empower. Anyway, you can drop impale support because of all Rotten Claws cluster jewels. And actually Socketed Gems have 20% more attack damage is better then fortify alone.

Q: "And will you be aiming for the same mods as you want on a necro? I.e., Fortify/+1 gems/Aspect of Avian/3 crafted mods/Minion attack + cast/+2 support gems?"
A: Yes. Avian only if Saqawal Nest otherwise go Aspect of the Spider.

Yep what he said is exactly right. The + levels isnt that necessary, the staff will have +1 / +2 on it anyway.

one other thing i am playing with is the new Armor applying to Resist from the new legion mechanic (transcendence) paired with imbalanced guard.
This will be better than the Old Timeless jewel and stacking chaos resistance.

The numbers roughly are as follows:
Lets say we take a 16666.67 hit (to make this simple) from a fire ball. We have maxed resist, OR 70% (because transcendence)
We by default take a 5k hit, But because we have our armor applied to this hit as well, (lets say 15k armor) paired with Imbalanced Guard, We have 30k armor. (we can get this way higher, i am just using this for a ballpark)
That means the hit that would normally hit us for 5k, instead hits us for ~40 % less damage or 3000 damage.

If we took the same hit, with the previous Chaos Resist timeless, we would take 2083.37 Elemental damage and assuming 85 chaos resist, we would take 1250. So 3333.37 damage.

Again, Depending on gearing it allows us to focus more on armor to scale our VMS better etc.We can still choose the Chaos method too as well.

The downside to this is is that armor no longer gives us physical reduction. So our chaos golem would essentially have to max us out to 50% reduction. Because we have max block for physical and are already taking 50% of the damage 75% of the time(from glancing), and we typically avoid most melee attacks, i find this is very reasonable and a better way to prevent us from getting gibbed.

Another alternative is to just take imbalanced guard and drop the chaos golem for an ice golem. We typically hit 50% damage reduction with gear, and it would make armor double apply to melee attacks. This would give our golems more crit, and because the new Rotting claws affects golems could be very good.

Just some ideas. My math could be off so correct me if i am wrong.
So will brass dome and vaal molten shell still me the meta to go with?

edit: also is ''soul of steel'' worth to pick up anymore? Unwavering stance worth to pick up?
Последняя редакция: juju666. Время: 17 июня 2020 г., 22:48:15
So in terms of Minion specific nodes here is a short breakdown of what's been buffed/nerfed.

I will list all of them that's changed you may or may not take them.

Aligned Spirits - Small Buff
Fearsome Force - Small Buff
Grave Intentions - Small Buff
Gravepact - Nerf
Hulking Corpses - Buff
Lord of the Dead - Big Nerf (Lose 30% Minion Accuracy)
Vicious Bite - Changed (Niether buff nor nerf)

Everything else remains unchanged.

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U2U56G9bmT3PFprohAPCpoXqKfq4hiQnKJWR9gP8gqc/htmlview?pru=AAABculi8CI*QGXw__vEtWxLoZqQ6lN0RQ#gid=1834828141
Последняя редакция: Boltonsquads. Время: 17 июня 2020 г., 23:00:33
"
Mistaclean3 написал:

one other thing i am playing with is the new Armor applying to Resist from the new legion mechanic (transcendence) paired with imbalanced guard.
This will be better than the Old Timeless jewel and stacking chaos resistance.

The numbers roughly are as follows:
Lets say we take a 16666.67 hit (to make this simple) from a fire ball. We have maxed resist, OR 70% (because transcendence)
We by default take a 5k hit, But because we have our armor applied to this hit as well, (lets say 15k armor) paired with Imbalanced Guard, We have 30k armor. (we can get this way higher, i am just using this for a ballpark)
That means the hit that would normally hit us for 5k, instead hits us for ~40 % less damage or 3000 damage.

If we took the same hit, with the previous Chaos Resist timeless, we would take 2083.37 Elemental damage and assuming 85 chaos resist, we would take 1250. So 3333.37 damage.

Again, Depending on gearing it allows us to focus more on armor to scale our VMS better etc.We can still choose the Chaos method too as well.

The downside to this is is that armor no longer gives us physical reduction. So our chaos golem would essentially have to max us out to 50% reduction. Because we have max block for physical and are already taking 50% of the damage 75% of the time(from glancing), and we typically avoid most melee attacks, i find this is very reasonable and a better way to prevent us from getting gibbed.

This sort of makes sense to me, since Chaos Golem in a +minion helmet combined with a Basalt Flask gets us to 49% PDR even with 0 armour. Very interested in how this works out for you, so definitely let us know in this thread!

"
Mistaclean3 написал:

Another alternative is to just take imbalanced guard and drop the chaos golem for an ice golem. We typically hit 50% damage reduction with gear, and it would make armor double apply to melee attacks. This would give our golems more crit, and because the new Rotting claws affects golems could be very good.

I'm not so sure about this one. Ice Golem does literally nothing - it doesn't grant any bonuses to your golems, only to you.

I also think Imbalanced Guard is probably not good for this build, since we reach 49% PDR with just our golem buff multiplier and a Basalt flask. If you have any armour at all, Imbalanced Guard is always going to make your defenses worse in this build.
nvm this, found Mark's post about reduction
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement
Последняя редакция: neltisen. Время: 18 июня 2020 г., 3:20:20
So, will this build be updated?

Can't undestand new meta - 2xCIP? 2 wands? 2hander (which one?) If 2hand, what to use as second 6link? Will it be an expensive build for now, as you need 10+ ex to craft a nice minion 2hander?

If Brass Dome is not good anymore, what to use as body armor?

Последняя редакция: Ksakep. Время: 18 июня 2020 г., 7:52:04

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация