[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

Hi, I'm looking for a new build to play in 3.11 and discovered this one. I couldn't find any mentions of DPS for single target on this guide, could anyone give a rough range of what it's like? Also is it easy as a league starter for Harvest? Thanks!
"
dokidokidango написал:
Hi, I'm looking for a new build to play in 3.11 and discovered this one. I couldn't find any mentions of DPS for single target on this guide, could anyone give a rough range of what it's like? Also is it easy as a league starter for Harvest? Thanks!

lol league start definetly no but you can start with something similar and work your way up.
DPS is great and survivability too, look at his T19 100% delirius maps, that says about everything need be.
Mathils actual cat
People are way too worried about leveling this build, imo. In order to play this build, you have three options:

1. Start with a witch that uses life for defenses. Thus, you're going to have to spend a non-trivial but <1 ex worth of regrets to re-spec into this when you are leveled up and can afford to buy the Low Life gear.

2. Start with some other character, then make a witch and buy her a bunch of twinked out leveling gear to start, follow the given tree exactly, buy key pieces of gear to give her as she can use them.

3. Follow the guide exactly, die lots of times before getting to maps.

Even #3 is hardly the end of the world, but most people wouldn't find it the most fun. #2 isn't really what the people who are asking about leveling tips want, so most people are looking at option 1. So, given that you'll have to re-spec a lot, do whatever skill seems fun! Obsessed with getting to maps as fast as possible? Do what the racers do and level with frost bomb/OoS/stormblast mine, etc. Like zombies? Level with zombies. Like raging spirits? Level with raging spirits. Like having a super detailed leveling guide? You can level as an arc elementalist following that guide, and then even re-spec out of your ascendancy into necro and follow this guide! Orbs of regret just aren't that expensive. Play an old favorite, or dabble in something new.

One particular case: if you are a pretty casual player who wants to try out spellslinger with volatile dead, but you're not the sort to get at or much past level 90 before either giving up on a character or the league entirely, don't follow this guide. Follow one of the life-based or hybrid life/ES guides. This build doesn't look super expensive based on historical prices for its gear, but it's into double-digit exalts for buying and/or crafting what you need to make this version tick. Life or life/ES hybrid versions are going to get going at lower level and on lower budget, so maybe go with one of those. If you like it and want to keep playing more and powering it up, this is a great or even optimal aspirational version.
Последняя редакция: SeqHawk. Время: 18 июня 2020 г., 23:33:04
Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try.
PasteBin dont Work ....
"
SeqHawk написал:
People are way too worried about leveling this build, imo. In order to play this build, you have three options:

1. Start with a witch that uses life for defenses. Thus, you're going to have to spend a non-trivial but <1 ex worth of regrets to re-spec into this when you are leveled up and can afford to buy the Low Life gear.

2. Start with some other character, then make a witch and buy her a bunch of twinked out leveling gear to start, follow the given tree exactly, buy key pieces of gear to give her as she can use them.

3. Follow the guide exactly, die lots of times before getting to maps.

Even #3 is hardly the end of the world, but most people wouldn't find it the most fun. #2 isn't really what the people who are asking about leveling tips want, so most people are looking at option 1. So, given that you'll have to re-spec a lot, do whatever skill seems fun! Obsessed with getting to maps as fast as possible? Do what the racers do and level with frost bomb/OoS/stormblast mine, etc. Like zombies? Level with zombies. Like raging spirits? Level with raging spirits. Like having a super detailed leveling guide? You can level as an arc elementalist following that guide, and then even re-spec out of your ascendancy into necro and follow this guide! Orbs of regret just aren't that expensive. Play an old favorite, or dabble in something new.

One particular case: if you are a pretty casual player who wants to try out spellslinger with volatile dead, but you're not the sort to get at or much past level 90 before either giving up on a character or the league entirely, don't follow this guide. Follow one of the life-based or hybrid life/ES guides. This build doesn't look super expensive based on historical prices for its gear, but it's into double-digit exalts for buying and/or crafting what you need to make this version tick. Life or life/ES hybrid versions are going to get going at lower level and on lower budget, so maybe go with one of those. If you like it and want to keep playing more and powering it up, this is a great or even optimal aspirational version.

Honestly, I think this should be put into the first post along with the notification that this is not a league-starter build since it requires quite some currency.
"
Nosorozhek написал:

Honestly, I think this should be put into the first post along with the notification that this is not a league-starter build since it requires quite some currency.

People should read my FAQ its stated there.
"
Nosorozhek написал:

Other than being "very good," I'm not sure how I'd classify this build. Many if not most builds have to transition from the early game to the end game in terms of gear and tree. One obviously can't use spellslinger at level 1, so any spellslinger + VD variant has to transition from something else to spellslinger + VD at some point. That's also true of "starter" builds like ED+Contagion. It doesn't look all that expensive to transition to this final build if you start with something loosely adjacent. It's not like it requires a mirror's worth of gear just to get this version to function.

So, someone can start with a witch, begin their leveling with someting, transition into a life-based version of the final build as they hit the right levels and the right gear, and then eventually transition into the ultimate version of this build as they further level up and get richer, but that's true of basically every "starter build" on this site. It's not OP's fault that he's not laid all that out. He wasn't working on that. He was working on a great final build, and most players who can get gear like this will spend a lot more time playing with gear like this than they will with gear like they have in act 1.
Последняя редакция: SeqHawk. Время: 19 июня 2020 г., 1:44:08
PoB reupload for some people didnt work

PoB Community Fork Version: 1.4.169.3

https://pastebin.com/7JPAF8Px

2 Reasons why it doesnt work:

- You dont use the community fork of PoB.
- You have to go to the pastebin website and fill the captcha and import the raw data

"
SeqHawk написал:
"
Justifi3d написал:
i don't get where this build is getting the corpses for detonate dead

you spawn max 10 corpses with desecrate, volatile dead cascade triggers 9 of those, that leaves 1 corpse for detonate dead to trigger off?

but for some reason all the top racers(steel, gucci, ventrua) say vd+dd is the way to go

either it's possible to detonate the same corpse twice or there's something else at play here because the math simply says DD is a bait, unless i'm missing something

You missed the awakened spell cascade support on desecrate.

Awakened Cascade doesn't matter. Desecrate has a hard limit of 10 corpses on the ground at once which will be 12 with the new node.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация