3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO ZOMBIES: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
RSCCCC написал:
Скрытый текст

Setting up the garden is definitely no fun. I totally agree with you. That's why I only went up to tier 2 seeds. Simply couldn't bother to put up even more plyons etc. I just wanted to reach tier 2 seeds to be able to create horticraft stations to store the crafts. Since then my garden is flooded with horticraft stations. Looks like a terrible mess :D

Constrictor is one of the worst bosses one can face, in my opinion. It's one of the bosses where I can't/don't want to be close enough to make my Zombies attack him. I usually switch one gem for fights like these. I remove minion life and plug in Deathmark support. This gem gives you the skill Deathmark.

"
Applies a Deathmark to a specific enemy, causing all minions from skills supported by any Deathmark Support to target that enemy.

Minions from Supported Skills deal (15-24)% more Damage to your Deathmarked Enemy
Minions from Supported Skills deal (15-25)% more Damage
Minions from Supported Skills always target your Deathmarked Enemy if possible
Base duration is 8 seconds

It works wonders... I also use it for Alva incursions to tell my minions to attack the ***** architect instead of everything around him. In my opinion even much better than convocation.

I know your armour has two red sockets and only 4 blue ones. That might make it more difficult to switch it in... you could try to change coulours of the armour. On the crafting bench it is possible even with corrupted gear. However, it costs vaal orbs in addition to the chromatic orbs.

Gravepact is a very good choice. You should really notice the difference regarding the minion damage.
Скрытый текст

"
I'll have to try the deathmark out. So do I have to target the boss? Just asking because on the PS4 it is done with the joystick and can be quite tricky especially with a lot on the screen. I just harvest crafted a +1 to all spell gems wand with trigger on spell so I'm going to be moving some gems around and it should eliminate my CWTD. I'll be putting those three gems in the wand. That frees up a 4 links so I'm thinking of moving my shield dash / Flesh and stone / maim support / fortify into a 4 link. The moving enduring cry to my ring and then using the other 4 link for golem / skellys / minion damage / feeding frenzy. I've just got to play around with my socket colors to make it fit. What do you think? Also started to fix my amulet so I now have room for chaos res and waiting to find an augment with life to add to my shield which is also cleaned up and ready.

Thanks!

RSCCCC

Exactly. You have to assign Deathmark to a key/joystick button and target him. Fortunately, Deathmark lasts 8 seconds, if I remember correctly. Most bosses melt really fast with Deathmark upon their heads. Even Drox (on Awakening level 8) goes down pretty fast since I give him the Deathmark treatment. This way he suffers from the concentrated destruction power of almost a dozen of angry Zombies.

Your new wand sounds excellent! What kind of craft did you use to get + 1 to all spell levels?

I had a look at your amu.. really nice! I wish you good luck that you will find soon the necessary crafting option.

Your gem plan sounds very good to me. It would just be a pitty if maim wouldn't be linked anymore with skeletons... they profit from it, too, not only the aura. That was a very clever gem decision by Wrecker_of_Days. He's a genius :)
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Последняя редакция: Caligula_Exile. Время: 15 авг. 2020 г., 1:28:04
"
RSCCCC написал:
Скрытый текст
Hey WoD,

Well I replaced Fortify so I could get Frenzy gem in there. I could move it over to my zombie build and replace a gem there. I was told that this was super helpful, but again being new I have a hard time judging the impacts to some changes like this. Similarly I replaced TC with Vulnerability - which I thought should increase my kill speed with the Zombies on physical damage. Boss battles are a challenge for me. I was in a T15 Bazaar map I think the boss is Scud? something. It was dropping lightnings all over the map and I must have died 3-4 times before finally being able to kill him. Similarly on the graveyard map with the skelly boss who shoots arrows up in the air - I had to run / heal constantly to kill him otherwise I would die quickly trying to stick close to get my zombies in on the action. I may just be a bit damage shy so my zombies miss out on some of the fighting and since they are my heavies linked minions I may be losing the effectiveness of them. Willing to move some gems around if that might help. Even on map Uniques sometimes I'm sitting there just watching them pummel it, but it still takes a bit of time. Might be my expectations are to high :) I'm considering beefing up my Spectres and getting more offensive ones. The ones I have now Host Chieftain / Carnage Chieftan / can't remember third he adds speed buff beats his shield or something. Thinking of going with slave drivers or solar guards to be more offensive. Thoughts?

Thanks!

RSCCCC
Hey RSCCCC! You've received lots of responses so far and I took another look today. You've made some good changes for sure. I think though, if you're unimpressed with both the survivability of the build and the offence, you'd be better off making sure you're surviving first. Since the zombies don't really die, it's fine to keep the zombie links offensive. Maim, Feeding Frenzy, Deathmark, etc. You can add a monkey from Act 2 that give allies frenzy charges along with a couple of defensive spectres like the Undying Evangelist.

When you look at some of the most recent gameplay that I've had (sorry it's been a while), does my damage and survivability match yours?
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
dlvbrown1969 написал:
Скрытый текст
Another "I'm a newb" moment brought to you by ... me.

Being fairly new to PoE, I dont understand many of the games mechanics. Let's face it, this game does an extremely sub par job of explaining anything nonetheless important things.

Anyhow, when I made my Necro, I acquired the recommended gsms including a Vaal Summon Skeleton. Since then I have easily leveled it to 20 and since it is obviously corrupted it can go no further. Today I was exploring the TB and saw what quality does for summon skeleton. For each 1% quality, minions gain 1% increased damage. I promptly ditched my 20/0 gem for a 1/23 and am now leveling it up to be a 20/23. Total game changer!! Wish I'd have known how much of an impact something so simple could bring. Still learning ...
Nice find dlvbrown1969! Some times quality sucks for the build you're using, sometimes it makes a world of difference. I agree with your choice. It's nice!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey Wrecker,

Another nice build, thanks again. Was pretty solid for most things, the only problem I had toward the late game was killing things more quickly than things would kill me, and honestly it's probably more of me being unfamiliar with mechanics and timing of bosses. For example, the Catalina fight was pretty bad since I had no idea about the detonate dead thing and it one-shots me.

Otherwise, I'm not sure if it's just my gear or what even though I feel like my gear is adequate, especially since I was SSF this league. I swapped Phantasms for Deathmark which I feel helped out quite a bit, especially for Alva incursions.

Never played a minion build before so I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of content I was able to go through!

Cheers,
Zen
Yesterday my witch killed the Elder. I didn't even die once and I didn't lose even on zombie, although the minion life was replaced with Deathmark.

My minions managed to keep the Shaper alive, since the Elder finally dropped me a (useless) Watcher's Eye... and the unique belt with perfect 15 % increased attributes.

The Elder is much easier than the Shaper, in my opinion. Maybe because the fight takes less long. I find it hard to stay concentrated for looooooong boss fights. They wear me out after a couple of minutes.

Zombie on, everyone!

Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
Zen5034 написал:
Скрытый текст
Hey Wrecker,

Another nice build, thanks again. Was pretty solid for most things, the only problem I had toward the late game was killing things more quickly than things would kill me, and honestly it's probably more of me being unfamiliar with mechanics and timing of bosses. For example, the Catalina fight was pretty bad since I had no idea about the detonate dead thing and it one-shots me.

Otherwise, I'm not sure if it's just my gear or what even though I feel like my gear is adequate, especially since I was SSF this league. I swapped Phantasms for Deathmark which I feel helped out quite a bit, especially for Alva incursions.

Never played a minion build before so I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of content I was able to go through!

Cheers,
Zen
Thanks Zen5034! I'm glad you progressed well and that you're enjoying it! The damage on this build isn't HUGE but it's not bad either. I chose a more defensive setup to ensure the Zombies don't die at in the harshest of circumstances. I'm currently testing a more offensive version to see how zombies handle life and will apply it to 3.12 if it's appropriate with the upcoming league changes. But you are also correct that some of these battles just take familiarity. That Catarina fight is just odd. I've done it many times since it was league content and I still forget how it functions sometimes.

Also, if you're comfortable with the playstyle of the build, make the build as offensive as you like! (Like you did with Deathmark.)

Thanks for the kind post! I hope the build continues to work well for you.

Annnnnd

"
Caligula_Exile написал:
Скрытый текст
Yesterday my witch killed the Elder. I didn't even die once and I didn't lose even on zombie, although the minion life was replaced with Deathmark.

My minions managed to keep the Shaper alive, since the Elder finally dropped me a (useless) Watcher's Eye... and the unique belt with perfect 15 % increased attributes.

The Elder is much easier than the Shaper, in my opinion. Maybe because the fight takes less long. I find it hard to stay concentrated for looooooong boss fights. They wear me out after a couple of minutes.

Zombie on, everyone!
Awesome job Caligula_Exile! That fight was always so hard for me because it's just grey upon grey upon grey and I couldn't see anything. So I was the opposite as you, I preferred Shaper over Elder. But great job! That fight has been buffed lots since 3.9 so you've done well! Good for you and your (useless) Watcher's Eye!

Zombie on.

Annnnnd

"
Wrecker_of_Days написал:
"
Caligula_Exile написал:
Скрытый текст

Zombie on, everyone!
Awesome job Caligula_Exile! That fight was always so hard for me because it's just grey upon grey upon grey and I couldn't see anything. So I was the opposite as you, I preferred Shaper over Elder. But great job! That fight has been buffed lots since 3.9 so you've done well! Good for you and your (useless) Watcher's Eye!

Zombie on.

I managed to defeat Shaper in Blight league, with the predecessor of this Zombie necromancer. Very time-consuming, the fight. And the screen extremely busy. You are right, though, grey on grey isn't a pleasure for the eyes either.

I spent all the fragments I had been collecting throughout the entire league. 4 or 5 fights against the Elder, in total, in a row. I only died once. Maybe I was standing on poo ground I didn't notice in time :)

I guess 2 watcher's eyes are an awesome outcome for just 4 or 5 fights. However, I don't think that any of them is good enough to be used. Well, something for the trophecies stash tab is good, too.

On a side-note: Does Vaal Grace count as Grace, too?
Последняя редакция: Caligula_Exile. Время: 17 авг. 2020 г., 14:51:33
Скрытый текст
"
Caligula_Exile написал:
"
RSCCCC написал:
Скрытый текст

Setting up the garden is definitely no fun. I totally agree with you. That's why I only went up to tier 2 seeds. Simply couldn't bother to put up even more plyons etc. I just wanted to reach tier 2 seeds to be able to create horticraft stations to store the crafts. Since then my garden is flooded with horticraft stations. Looks like a terrible mess :D

Constrictor is one of the worst bosses one can face, in my opinion. It's one of the bosses where I can't/don't want to be close enough to make my Zombies attack him. I usually switch one gem for fights like these. I remove minion life and plug in Deathmark support. This gem gives you the skill Deathmark.

"
Applies a Deathmark to a specific enemy, causing all minions from skills supported by any Deathmark Support to target that enemy.

Minions from Supported Skills deal (15-24)% more Damage to your Deathmarked Enemy
Minions from Supported Skills deal (15-25)% more Damage
Minions from Supported Skills always target your Deathmarked Enemy if possible
Base duration is 8 seconds

It works wonders... I also use it for Alva incursions to tell my minions to attack the ***** architect instead of everything around him. In my opinion even much better than convocation.

I know your armour has two red sockets and only 4 blue ones. That might make it more difficult to switch it in... you could try to change coulours of the armour. On the crafting bench it is possible even with corrupted gear. However, it costs vaal orbs in addition to the chromatic orbs.

Gravepact is a very good choice. You should really notice the difference regarding the minion damage.
Скрытый текст

"
I'll have to try the deathmark out. So do I have to target the boss? Just asking because on the PS4 it is done with the joystick and can be quite tricky especially with a lot on the screen. I just harvest crafted a +1 to all spell gems wand with trigger on spell so I'm going to be moving some gems around and it should eliminate my CWTD. I'll be putting those three gems in the wand. That frees up a 4 links so I'm thinking of moving my shield dash / Flesh and stone / maim support / fortify into a 4 link. The moving enduring cry to my ring and then using the other 4 link for golem / skellys / minion damage / feeding frenzy. I've just got to play around with my socket colors to make it fit. What do you think? Also started to fix my amulet so I now have room for chaos res and waiting to find an augment with life to add to my shield which is also cleaned up and ready.

Thanks!

RSCCCC

Exactly. You have to assign Deathmark to a key/joystick button and target him. Fortunately, Deathmark lasts 8 seconds, if I remember correctly. Most bosses melt really fast with Deathmark upon their heads. Even Drox (on Awakening level 8) goes down pretty fast since I give him the Deathmark treatment. This way he suffers from the concentrated destruction power of almost a dozen of angry Zombies.

Your new wand sounds excellent! What kind of craft did you use to get + 1 to all spell levels?

I had a look at your amu.. really nice! I wish you good luck that you will find soon the necessary crafting option.

Your gem plan sounds very good to me. It would just be a pitty if maim wouldn't be linked anymore with skeletons... they profit from it, too, not only the aura. That was a very clever gem decision by Wrecker_of_Days. He's a genius :)

I just spammed the add remove attack on a Convoking wand. Was just trying to get some good minion modifiers, but this was a good result too!

RSCCCC
Скрытый текст
"
Wrecker_of_Days написал:
"
RSCCCC написал:
Скрытый текст
Hey WoD,

Well I replaced Fortify so I could get Frenzy gem in there. I could move it over to my zombie build and replace a gem there. I was told that this was super helpful, but again being new I have a hard time judging the impacts to some changes like this. Similarly I replaced TC with Vulnerability - which I thought should increase my kill speed with the Zombies on physical damage. Boss battles are a challenge for me. I was in a T15 Bazaar map I think the boss is Scud? something. It was dropping lightnings all over the map and I must have died 3-4 times before finally being able to kill him. Similarly on the graveyard map with the skelly boss who shoots arrows up in the air - I had to run / heal constantly to kill him otherwise I would die quickly trying to stick close to get my zombies in on the action. I may just be a bit damage shy so my zombies miss out on some of the fighting and since they are my heavies linked minions I may be losing the effectiveness of them. Willing to move some gems around if that might help. Even on map Uniques sometimes I'm sitting there just watching them pummel it, but it still takes a bit of time. Might be my expectations are to high :) I'm considering beefing up my Spectres and getting more offensive ones. The ones I have now Host Chieftain / Carnage Chieftan / can't remember third he adds speed buff beats his shield or something. Thinking of going with slave drivers or solar guards to be more offensive. Thoughts?

Thanks!

RSCCCC
Hey RSCCCC! You've received lots of responses so far and I took another look today. You've made some good changes for sure. I think though, if you're unimpressed with both the survivability of the build and the offence, you'd be better off making sure you're surviving first. Since the zombies don't really die, it's fine to keep the zombie links offensive. Maim, Feeding Frenzy, Deathmark, etc. You can add a monkey from Act 2 that give allies frenzy charges along with a couple of defensive spectres like the Undying Evangelist.

When you look at some of the most recent gameplay that I've had (sorry it's been a while), does my damage and survivability match yours?

I agree. Now that I got some new offensive gear. I'm going to focus on my defensive play including maxing my chaos resist and seeing if I can up my life a bit as well. I also think I'll go back to my defensive spectre set up.

Thanks!

RSCCCC

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация