3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! CURSE HAPPY (CI): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
Ephemeral_Dreams написал:
"
kendo3 написал:
"
Protamine написал:
A small interim report. I'm currently lvl 78 with 3 labs done. Doing white maps bonus objectives. I have 7,4k ES and 39k cold damage per second done by vortex (at least that's what the game says in it's description).
I haven't died since act 5.
My gear is far from perfect, but for now I simply run through any mobs and they explode like I am in a god mode. Even bosses die pretty fast. Great build, tyvm!

would you, or Wrecker, take a look at my witch and see what suggestions you can give me to survive. at lvl 76, have been unable to complete lab 3. doing pretty well on white maps. gear isn't the greatest but best I have been able to do so far.

compared to your numbers, I have around 5.2k ES and doing around 26k cold damage per second from vortex. obviously, those go hand in hand. if I could pump up the damage by 50%, wouldn't get hit so often and another 40% in ES would certainly help her survive to get in that higher damage. just not sure what I should focus on first and whether any adjusting of the skill tree would help. have tried to keep a balance between offense and defense but maybe I need to focus more on one than the other

have now died 33 times and many times I have no idea what killed me as it's basically a 1-shot and without a combat log of any type, it's hard to tell what did it.

I have two other harvest characters, a level 86 shadow that has died 16 times, mainly trying to push him to the limit in maps. and a level 72 marauder that has died once. both were able to run lab 3 without any problems. point being, that while I know I am a great player, I do have some basic understanding of what I should be doing and having a much harder time with my witch

still enjoying the build and watching everything crawl around before it explodes but would enjoy it a lot more without all the dying and XP loss

many thanks for any suggestions and pointers. maybe I am just being too aggressive and need to dance around the packs more. I don't know but must be something I could do better

update - gained another level running lvl 1 - 3 maps and died 4 more times. going to put it on the shelf for now and raise some cash with my alts. try again with some better gear and ideas on what to change

your profile isn't public or I don't know where to look for it. I can't find it to look at but yea, survivability will be way more important than damage. even if you take a 10k hit in dmg but gain 20% in all resis and 1k ES, that's gonna carry you away further. can you make it public and I can try to help with my noob experience of dying a ton myself?

Same, can't see your character. Your stats, as you described them, should be enough for lab 3. As for me I've used a little trick, completing lab 3 before finishing main story. In this case you don't get -30% to all res doing it. But still if you have all your resistances maxed to 75%, 5k ES should be enough. Also a huge part of your survivability is based on constant moving, so most hits from mobs just go nowhere. I use both shield charge and flame dash. First is good in any fights boosting your defenses and mobility, second is a great escape if something creepy is about to burn your ass. Also flame dash is extremely useful in labs for passing traps. And don't forget about quartz and quicksilver flasks which also are essential for your mobility. For a notable damage boost try a 20 lvl, 23 quality Vortex gem, it's not so expensive.
sorry about that, thought it was public. believe it should be now

resists at 75% +, even have an Apep Supremacy so I don't have to worry about the bleeding damage in Labs, which is usually my biggest hurdle to completing them

use both frost blink and shield charge to keep moving in and out of groups or get away when I see danger coming.
watched the video a couple more times and did see at least once or twice, in the boss fight, where you dropped below 4k remaining ES which would = dead for me. so looks like increasing ES as much as I can will be a good starting point.

also, question on how important wicked ward is to the build at this point in my career. was looking at the downside of 50% regen rate and thought it would be more important, with lower amounts of ES, get it back to full quicker. maybe one of the issues I have is that my regen is getting interrupted by small hits and not back up high enough when a bigger hit comes in

but I watch the ES and it seldom goes down slowly or pauses in its regen back to full. almost all deaths have gone from full to dead in a split second

thanks for any advice anyone can provide.
"
LordDuckiie написал:
Скрытый текст
Hey :) Sooo i was actually thinking about starting this build, but I saw your showcase 3.11 video and it looks like you are missing some serious singletarget damage. Is this right or was your character in the showcase video far from geared up :)?
Hey LordDuckiie! My build is far from geared up, but I also mention at the top of the guide a note regard your observation, "We get a big damage boost from how many enemies we've killed recently, the boss battles that don't spawn extra enemies will take a while (single target sucks). I don't mind, you might...but I don't. This build is a personal favourite of mine despite its single target damage. So that's how it made the "guide cut".

So single target damage isn't great unless you have good offensive gear and have "adds" to keep the bonus damage up.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Последняя редакция: Wrecker_of_Days. Время: 22 июля 2020 г., 17:36:50
"
kendo3 написал:
Скрытый текст
watched the video a couple more times and did see at least once or twice, in the boss fight, where you dropped below 4k remaining ES which would = dead for me. so looks like increasing ES as much as I can will be a good starting point.

also, question on how important wicked ward is to the build at this point in my career. was looking at the downside of 50% regen rate and thought it would be more important, with lower amounts of ES, get it back to full quicker. maybe one of the issues I have is that my regen is getting interrupted by small hits and not back up high enough when a bigger hit comes in

but I watch the ES and it seldom goes down slowly or pauses in its regen back to full. almost all deaths have gone from full to dead in a split second

Hey kendo3! I know you've done some changes since your first post but here's my two-cents for you:

Your are correct that your ES rolls can be improved for sure. It's something you want to look for on all pieces of gear. I totally get that it's RNG based so it's not a criticism. The gear will come when it does. So good job going back to your resources and finding out! It's tricky doing ES builds because you need two nicely rolled mods on your gear for a good health roll, while life builds only need on mod for health. So hang in there. It'll come.

Wicked Ward is the strongest node in the build. The survivability that "ES doesn't stop recharging when you take damage (if ES started recharging recently)" is indescribably powerful. It's the cornerstone of our ES build. To couple with that, I've tried to decrease as much as possible the wait time for ES to start recharging. So we shouldn't have to wait very long at all for our ES to start recharging.

Feel free to make any changes you like. If you're having trouble with Labs, Wicked Ward will help substantially. You can always respec out of it if you like. But like you said, Base ES rolls will be your gearing priority for now.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Последняя редакция: Wrecker_of_Days. Время: 22 июля 2020 г., 17:37:00
"
Protamine написал:
"
Ephemeral_Dreams написал:
"
Protamine написал:
A small interim report. I'm currently lvl 78 with 3 labs done. Doing white maps bonus objectives. I have 7,4k ES and 39k cold damage per second done by vortex (at least that's what the game says in it's description).
I haven't died since act 5.
My gear is far from perfect, but for now I simply run through any mobs and they explode like I am in a god mode. Even bosses die pretty fast. Great build, tyvm!

Same, can't see your character. Your stats, as you described them, should be enough for lab 3. As for me I've used a little trick, completing lab 3 before finishing main story. In this case you don't get -30% to all res doing it. But still if you have all your resistances maxed to 75%, 5k ES should be enough. Also a huge part of your survivability is based on constant moving, so most hits from mobs just go nowhere. I use both shield charge and flame dash. First is good in any fights boosting your defenses and mobility, second is a great escape if something creepy is about to burn your ass. Also flame dash is extremely useful in labs for passing traps. And don't forget about quartz and quicksilver flasks which also are essential for your mobility. For a notable damage boost try a 20 lvl, 23 quality Vortex gem, it's not so expensive.

thank you Protamine, took your advice on the vortex jewel. believe I had mine self-leveled to 17 or 18 with 0 quality. bought a 20/23 for a good price and tool tip DOT went from 29k to 37k. very nice jump and will allow me to look at switching a few skill nodes from offense to defense
"
Wrecker_of_Days написал:
"
kendo3 написал:
Скрытый текст

Hey kendo3! I know you've done some changes since your first post but here's my two-cents for you:

Your are correct that your ES rolls can be improved for sure. It's something you want to look for on all pieces of gear. I totally get that it's RNG based so it's not a criticism. The gear will come when it does. So good job going back to your resources and finding out! It's tricky doing ES builds because you need two nicely rolled mods on your gear for a good health roll, while life builds only need on mod for health. So hang in there. It'll come.

Wicked Ward is the strongest node in the build. The survivability that "ES doesn't stop recharging when you take damage (if ES started recharging recently)" is indescribably powerful. It's the cornerstone of our ES build. To couple with that, I've tried to decrease as much as possible the wait time for ES to start recharging. So we shouldn't have to wait very long at all for our ES to start recharging.

Feel free to make any changes you like. If you're having trouble with Labs, Wicked Ward will help substantially. You can always respec out of it if you like. But like you said, Base ES rolls will be your gearing priority for now.

thank you Wrecker,
really appreciate the quick reply and great suggestions.
I added in wicked ward and that does look to be making a difference in surviving.
as I mention in another post, I also upgraded the vortex gem to 20/23 and tool tip shows around 30% increase in DOT and it's probably more than that in actual play. so that should give me some flexibility to work on the defense side and still have better offense than I did before
looking forward to giving it a try with the new pieces in place
thanks again
okay, guess I wasn't having enough challenges with dying :)

first time I have ever had this happen, in hundreds of hours of playing, I had cleared a map and was running around picking things up. periodically using shield charge or frostblink.

and all of a sudden I die and get a message saying I committed suicide. what the hell is that? ES was at full and I can't take poison damage, which should be the only thing I am aware of that could normally bypass ES to hit my 1 HP

any ideas on how that could happen? was running the wasteland map if that makes any difference

-- a second death by suicide. caught a glimpse of it this time. appeared to run into a totem during a shield charge. how would that bypass ES and subtract from life, killing me?!?

-- and 2 more suicides. this time, I glanced at the health /es globe and I had over 4500 ES remaining when life dropped to zero. was against the boss in the rampart map

Последняя редакция: kendo3. Время: 24 июля 2020 г., 19:26:18
"
-- a second death by suicide. caught a glimpse of it this time. appeared to run into a totem during a shield charge. how would that bypass ES and subtract from life, killing me?!?

-- and 2 more suicides. this time, I glanced at the health /es globe and I had over 4500 ES remaining when life dropped to zero. was against the boss in the rampart map

Maybe the problem is in the mana flask? "removes 15 % of mana recovered from life when used"
definitly - throw it away ;-)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/188018/page/1
Последняя редакция: macbigos. Время: 25 июля 2020 г., 6:09:36
Just cleared eternal lab on lvl 85 with 8k ES and 52k damage. Everything went smoothly except last fight with all those traps and that nasty goddess. ES dropped under 50% once.
I added another unique to my costume. This time it's Heretic's Veil Deicide Mask which has imbedded Blasphemy support lvl 22. It also raises the lvl of socketed curse gems by 1 and lowers mana reservation by 12%. This last thing allow us to take one passive point from mana reservation claster.
However I consider Heretic's Veil as a temporal option, since I'm exited by Cowl of the Ceraunophile blighted unique which could be anointed by two notable passives which sometimes are extremely useful. If you have any sugestions which passives could that be, please give me an advice. For now I have Disciple of the Unyielding on my amulet which slightly boosts my damage and survivability.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация